Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,601 members, 7,823,614 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

No Plans To Impeach Amaechi – PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Plans To Impeach Amaechi – PDP (6894 Views)

Amaechi: PDP Senators Reject Confirmation / Breaking: We Have No Plans To Charge Former Oil Minister Alison Madueke - UK / APC Radio: Arrest & Question Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi; PDP Tells DSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Plans To Impeach Amaechi – PDP by RoblesOg(m): 6:18am On May 02, 2013
The party chairman said PDP has no plans to impeach the Rivers State governor.

The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in Rivers State on Wednesday denied any plan to impeach governor Rotimi Amaechi.

The State Chairman of the party, Felix Obuah, told newsmen in Port Harcourt that the allegation was frivolous and unfounded.

“I’m a law abiding citizen of Nigeria; I know that as a party chairman, I have no constitutional right to impeach a governor.

“We are not the legislature that checks the excesses of the executive, we have no such plans because, we have come to unite the state and the party,’’ he said.

Mr. Obuah urged the governor to run a transparent and accountable leadership, aimed at transforming the state.

He called on the people to disregard the alarm raised by some lawmakers who had called for protest against the PDP-led executive.

The PDP chairman said that he suspended the lawmakers to deter others who might be planning any form of anti-party activities.

“Disciplinary measures are meant for offenders,” he said.

He urged the loyal party members to continue to support the leadership of the party.

He commended President Goodluck Jonathan for ensuring the prevalence of the rule of law and discipline in the party.

“The PDP is big enough to accommodate everyone, including the aggrieved members.

“There was no time that we individually or collectively planned to plunge the state into chaos or political restiveness as being peddled by some aggrieved members,” he said.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/132273-no-plans-to-impeach-amaechi-pdp.html

1 Like

Re: No Plans To Impeach Amaechi – PDP by Rhino5dm: 6:40am On May 02, 2013
RoblesOg:
“I’m a law abiding citizen of Nigeria; I know that as a party chairman, I have no constitutional right to impeach a governor.

He he he . . .over to the goons shouting they will impeach Ameachi in 2 weeks. The funny thing is, no one recognizes this poor lad and no one is going to. Someone should help me ask this guy about his 48 hour ultimatum given to the governor.

His best bet is to go and beg Ameachi by expressing unalloyed loyalty. Indeed, Law abiding citizen. I laugh in impeachment.
Re: No Plans To Impeach Amaechi – PDP by Rhino5dm: 6:43am On May 02, 2013
Imagine this confused goat issuing 48 hours ultimatum to the governor of a state? Well, him eyes don clear and the cheap grass wey him smoke don comot for him head.
Re: No Plans To Impeach Amaechi – PDP by Nobody: 7:20am On May 02, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

He he he . . .over to the goons shouting they will impeach Ameachi in 2 weeks. The funny thing is, no one recognizes this poor lad and no one is going to. Someone should help me ask this guy about his 48 hour ultimatum given to the governor.

His best bet is to go and beg Ameachi by expressing unalloyed loyalty. Indeed, Law abiding citizen. I laugh in impeachment.

What's the point you are trying tob make? He should go and beg Amaechi and get what from that?

He already has control of the party so what should he get by falling over to Amaechi's side

2 Likes

Re: No Plans To Impeach Amaechi – PDP by Rhino5dm: 7:50am On May 02, 2013
chukwudi44:

What's the point you are trying tob make? He should go and beg Amaechi and get what from that?

He already has control of the party so what should he get by falling over to Amaechi's side

Which control are you talking about? As we speak, a parallel state executive recognised by all ward heads and backed by the executives are the ones in place. Here is a guy that no one want to be seen exchanging words with him in Rivers State and you said he is in control? control of what?

Let me help you out. See, state party chairmen are worthless without the state governors and other elected members backing them. This guy is not even recognised within the party block, hence he is just a toothless figure head appointed from Abuja. The state governors can make or unmake the party in any state just the way the president can at federal level. The only peaceful way out for him is to pay homage to the state governor and swear an oath of allegiance.

Take a walk to any party secretariat and show them this post of mine.

2 Likes

Re: No Plans To Impeach Amaechi – PDP by MrGlobe(m): 9:45am On May 02, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
Imagine this confused goat issuing 48 hours ultimatum to the governor of a state? Well, him eyes don clear and the cheap grass wey him smoke don comot for him head.

you have never failed to show how retarrded you are. Do you expect the pdp chairman to announce publicly they plan to impeach Amaechi. I bet you dullard also believe okupe when he said the presidency has no hand in the grounding of that plane. Its clear you don't understand political statements.
By the way Amaechi fully obeyed the 48hrs ultimatum as can be seen here https://www.nairaland.com/1275544/official-press-release-rivers-state
I thought you said they don't respect the pdp exco. drunkard

1 Like

Re: No Plans To Impeach Amaechi – PDP by Demdem(m): 12:30pm On May 02, 2013
chukwudi44:

what party is he controlling? who are his supporters? name them.
Re: No Plans To Impeach Amaechi – PDP by Nobody: 1:32pm On May 02, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Which control are you talking about? As we speak, a parallel state executive recognised by all ward heads and backed by the executives are the ones in place. Here is a guy that no one want to be seen exchanging words with him in Rivers State and you said he is in control? control of what?

Let me help you out. See, state party chairmen are worthless without the state governors and other elected members backing them. This guy is not even recognised within the party block, hence he is just a toothless figure head appointed from Abuja. The state governors can make or unmake the party in any state just the way the president can at federal level. The only peaceful way out for him is to pay homage to the state governor and swear an oath of allegiance.

The executive recognised by the national headquarters is the one in charge.I thought you should know that by now.
Re: No Plans To Impeach Amaechi – PDP by Nobody: 1:35pm On May 02, 2013
Demdem:

what party is he controlling? who are his supporters? name them.

Wike has taken over control of PDP in rivers state.Amaechi hope of contesting any other election will lie on the wings of another political platform other than the PDP
Re: No Plans To Impeach Amaechi – PDP by Rhino5dm: 1:46pm On May 02, 2013
Mr. Globe:

you have never failed to show how retarrded you are. Do you expect the pdp chairman to announce publicly they plan to impeach Amaechi. I bet you dullard also believe okupe when he said the presidency has no hand in the grounding of that plane. Its clear you don't understand political statements.
By the way Amaechi fully obeyed the 48hrs ultimatum as can be seen here https://www.nairaland.com/1275544/official-press-release-rivers-state
I thought you said they don't respect the pdp exco. drunkard

Shut up! You are extremely too dense and insult to everyone alive. Just do the world a favour and end your miserable life. Keep building castles in the air. Nkita Ara.
Re: No Plans To Impeach Amaechi – PDP by Rhino5dm: 1:49pm On May 02, 2013
chukwudi44:

The executive recognised by the national headquarters is the one in charge.I thought you should know that by now.

What's with this ^^^? ? ?. Well, let me leave you at mercy of Google.
Re: No Plans To Impeach Amaechi – PDP by Rhino5dm: 2:03pm On May 02, 2013
chukwudi44:

Wike has taken over control of PDP in rivers state.Amaechi hope of contesting any other election will lie on the wings of another political platform other than the PDP

My guy, vice-presidents don't have to contest any election. They are usually nominated and announced after presidential primaries.

Yar Adua, Announced his running mate after winning the party primaries. Let me come down small, do you think the south south will object the nominations of Ameachi as vice-president, let's say after Lamido triumphing over Jonathan in PDP presidential primaries?

Ameachi has nothing to loose.
Re: No Plans To Impeach Amaechi – PDP by Demdem(m): 2:03pm On May 02, 2013
chukwudi44:

What makes the party is the people not otherwise. Instead its the party that will collapse. The vast majority are not with wike, that is the situation on ground. His main support is from abuja. Amaechi and Ake still control the grassroots, that in itself is the soul of the party and not from wadata plaza.
Re: No Plans To Impeach Amaechi – PDP by abatajjvii: 3:25pm On May 02, 2013
naija here today there tomorrow, ok oooooooo
Re: No Plans To Impeach Amaechi – PDP by Nobody: 3:26pm On May 02, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

My guy, vice-presidents don't have to contest any election. They are usually nominated and announced after presidential primaries.

Yar Adua, Announced his running mate after winning the party primaries. Let me come down small, do you think the south south will object the nominations of Ameachi as vice-president, let's say after Lamido triumphing over Jonathan in PDP presidential primaries?

My guy you really believe Lamido would defeat Jonathan in a PDP primary?Amaechi would be in trouble if Jonathan returns in 2015 and his immunity wanes off.Go and ask the Iboris and sylva's of this world
Re: No Plans To Impeach Amaechi – PDP by Nobody: 3:28pm On May 02, 2013
Demdem:

What makes the party is the people not otherwise. Instead its the party that will collapse. The vast majority are not with wike, that is the situation on ground. His main support is from abuja. Amaechi and Ake still control the grassroots, that in itself is the soul of the party and not from wadata plaza.

How do you know this? You really believe the south-south would vote for a northern candidate against one of their own?
Re: No Plans To Impeach Amaechi – PDP by figment232(m): 3:34pm On May 02, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

who wud the Amaechi faction be reporting to?is it not TUKUR they wud answerable to.lets see hw they wud be able outsmart WIKE`S MEN
Re: No Plans To Impeach Amaechi – PDP by jt2010: 3:36pm On May 02, 2013
chukwudi44:

How do you know this? You really believe the south-south would vote for a northern candidate against one of their own?

What is the total vote of the South-South? Rivers alone is about 2 million votes, so if you share the vote equally between GEJ and Amachi... Where does that left GEJ.... Winning the whole votes of both SS and SE, will not result into winning the election because the large junk of votes needed to win an election reside between this regions NW, NC and SW.
Re: No Plans To Impeach Amaechi – PDP by Proudlyway: 3:41pm On May 02, 2013
*UPGRADE YOUR JAMB SCORE TO 250+ , 270+ , 280+ JUST CALL

OR ADD ME ON 2GO=

[EXAMMASTER]

*GET FREE 200MB CHEAT FOR ALL NETWORKS @

www.donplaza.tk

www.donplaza.tk

www.donplaza.tk

*GET FREE CALL CODE @

www.donplaza.tk

www.donplaza.tk

www.donplaza.tk

*GET WAEC | NECO EXPO @

www.donplaza.tk

www.donplaza.tk

www.donplaza.tk

www.donplaza.tk

www.donplaza.tk

www.donplaza.tk
Re: No Plans To Impeach Amaechi – PDP by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 02, 2013
This issue is a PDP issue and borders ONLY on RIVERS STATE. If you are neither in PDP nor a Rivers indigene, steer clear and let this issue be handled by PDP and Rivers people. Consult with your own Governor and make sure the Federal Allocation is used wisely and NOT for purchase of "Private" Jets to fly to NOWHERE but burials, child dedications, Party Carnivals and naming ceremonies with debts transferred on the Tax Payers of Rivers State.
Re: No Plans To Impeach Amaechi – PDP by stebell(m): 3:52pm On May 02, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Guy if yu believe dat Lamido will defeat GEJ @ de PDP primaries then yu can believe dat a cock actually hv teeth. Assuming Amaechi n GEJ hv prob n also Lamido was chosen by delegate yu tink de PDP nat chairman will allow Amaechi to be running mate? Are yu aware dat even APC(not registered yet) don't even hav any candidate to contest wit de ruling party? Let me tell yu one simple truth. Aso Rock will not accomodate anoda until 2019. Jus watch hw tins play out b4 2015.
Re: No Plans To Impeach Amaechi – PDP by stebell(m): 3:55pm On May 02, 2013
Billyonaire: This issue is a PDP issue and borders ONLY on RIVERS STATE. If you are neither in PDP nor a Rivers indigene, steer clear and let this issue be handled by PDP and Rivers people. Consult with your own Governor and make sure the Federal Allocation is used wisely and NOT for purchase of "Private" Jets to fly to NOWHERE but burials, child dedications, Party Carnivals and naming ceremonies with debts transferred on the Tax Payers of Rivers State.
1million likes. Its long I heard gud tins like de above stated. God bless yu Billyonaire.
Re: No Plans To Impeach Amaechi – PDP by slimghost(m): 3:57pm On May 02, 2013
Its so obvious that the Amaechi led government recognizes Obuah as the PDP chairman with the manner they released the press conference after that ultimatum was given. Its funny seeing yoruba people here talking about what they know not, I even read where a fool posted that Amaechi is in charge of the grassroot structure. What a fallacious statement! For their info, Wike has total control of the party's grassroot structure and that's how Amaechi was able to defeat Omehia and co in the last elections. Wike is the brain behind every every
Re: No Plans To Impeach Amaechi – PDP by Demdem(m): 4:02pm On May 02, 2013
chukwudi44:

What are u saying? Who is talking of northern candidates here?
I know this becos am on ground. Amaechi has has the majority of killer members with him unlike the abuja politicians.
Re: No Plans To Impeach Amaechi – PDP by Rhino5dm: 4:07pm On May 02, 2013
chukwudi44:

My guy you really believe Lamido would defeat Jonathan in a PDP primary?Amaechi would be in trouble if Jonathan returns in 2015 and his immunity wanes off.Go and ask the Iboris and sylva's of this world

Rhino.5dm:

Pay attention to the emboldened. If you are sure that Jonathan can win them, why can't you advice him to test his popularity and stop using federal might to bend the future? Remember, even the mighty baba fell when he learnt that Atiku is controlling 26 state governors and their respective delegates on the eve of presidential primaries.
Re: No Plans To Impeach Amaechi – PDP by Demdem(m): 4:08pm On May 02, 2013
slimghost: Its so obvious that the Amaechi led government recognizes Obuah as the PDP chairman with the manner they released the press conference after that ultimatum was given. Its funny seeing yoruba people here talking about what they know not, I even read where a fool posted that Amaechi is in charge of the grassroot structure. What a fallacious statement! For their info, Wike has total control of the party's grassroot structure and that's how Amaechi was able to defeat Omehia and co in the last elections. Wike is the brain behind every every

Fool, u mean the structure in abuja right? grin That press release wasn't for obuah consumption but in response to issues raised by aviation authority. Ur chairman's lamentation wasn't even mentioned at all. The need to set the records straight was what neccesitated it.
Besides the man himself soft pedaled claiming yesterday that he is ready to work with Amaechi. But of cos, they have asked him to ffuck off.
Re: No Plans To Impeach Amaechi – PDP by Rhino5dm: 4:10pm On May 02, 2013
stebell: Guy if yu believe dat Lamido will defeat GEJ @ de PDP primaries then yu can believe dat a cock actually hv teeth. Assuming Amaechi n GEJ hv prob n also Lamido was chosen by delegate yu tink de PDP nat chairman will allow Amaechi to be running mate? Are yu aware dat even APC(not registered yet) don't even hav any candidate to contest wit de ruling party? Let me tell yu one simple truth. Aso Rock will not accomodate anoda until 2019. Jus watch hw tins play out b4 2015.

@Bold
No one is believing anything but all options are still on the table.
Re: No Plans To Impeach Amaechi – PDP by Rhino5dm: 4:12pm On May 02, 2013
figment232: who wud the Amaechi faction be reporting to? is it not TUKUR they wud answerable to.lets see hw they wud be able outsmart WIKE`S MEN

Why don't you ask Google? smh!
Re: No Plans To Impeach Amaechi – PDP by figment232(m): 4:22pm On May 02, 2013
Demdem:

THEY wud soon toe the wike line its just a matter of time.No bi politicians!
Re: No Plans To Impeach Amaechi – PDP by slimghost(m): 4:25pm On May 02, 2013
Demdem:

Fool, u mean the structure in abuja right? grin That press release wasn't for obuah consumption but in response to issues raised by aviation authority. Ur chairman's lamentation wasn't even mentioned at all. The need to set the records straight was what neccesitated it.
Besides the man himself soft pedaled claiming yesterday that he is ready to work with Amaechi. But of cos, they have asked him to ffuck off.

You are a very big fool and daft too. The government fearfully explained the the logic behind registering the aircraft wwith a private name instead of in the name of Rivers state government. Stop talking nonsense. I thought Amaechi doesn't recognize Obuah? Hahahahahahahahaha
Re: No Plans To Impeach Amaechi – PDP by Demdem(m): 4:27pm On May 02, 2013
figment232: THEY wud soon toe the wike line its just a matter of time.No bi politicians!

We will soon have 24hrs electricity in our homes.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

U .S . Classified Files Reveal Untold Story Of Ojukwu, Biafra By Americans / Appeal To My Igbo Brothers / Reps Pass 2020 Budget For Second Reading

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.