Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,727 members, 7,824,054 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused (18982 Views)

Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job / Now That I Got A Job I Am Now Confused. / Praise God ! I Got My Offer Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by mrlovefield: 9:44am On May 04, 2013
ndi ara
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by kb83(m): 9:47am On May 04, 2013
Hey relax 2 me no part of dis country is 100% safe but d safety level ranges 4rm place 2 place,wel if u re in Jos u re safe.Dozens of mi frends who ve expressed ur fears cam 2 Jos but 2da,d lived 2 appreciate d decision d took 2 com 2 d city,at imes i ask dem if d re willin 2 leave d city d tell me even if dere is war d will stay,mi frend Jos is d right place 4 u.
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by SoullyBaba(m): 9:48am On May 04, 2013
I knw both cities pretty well n shuld say Jos wuld take d lead in quite some ways. If u christian, I suggest u settle in rukuba road, rock haven, rayfield, lowcost, hwolshe areas which r jst suitable places to reside in.
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by caukerzee(m): 9:55am On May 04, 2013
boiohboi:
What the hell is wrong with ur brain?where the hell are u frm?I am frm Kaduna and Jos respectively.how many of my brothers were killed in Jos?simply bcus they didn't knw that xtian don't cross over to that side n muslims don't cross over to the other side.have u heard that abt Kaduna?u can move arnd to any part of Kaduna as long as dere is no CHAOS.I guess u are so very INANE,STUPID,DAFT and FOLISH to use ur disgusting fingers to type what u wrote to me.in fact u r the BIGGEST ILLITRARE.
you are the fool here. if you know jos very well you wount spew that shit u just wrote. on a normal day, one can pass through the so called no go areas such as bauchi road and angwang rogo comfortabtly without the fear of any attacks and the last time i checked...we've be having normal days since 2010. i am a student of ujay and bauchi road is my daily route. you are clearly one sentimental uneducated idiot.
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by Nobody: 10:03am On May 04, 2013
maduiguri is safer>>>to get a bus goin dia,goto chisco park at surulere..it cost 3,500 4rm lagos..farewell til we meet no more
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by mfm04622: 10:23am On May 04, 2013
I am Yoruba like you. I was posted to Kaduna in 2008. I nearly resigned my appointment but thank God I did not. I have enjoyed this city. I work and live in the Northern part of the city and I will encourage you to come to Kaduna. Yoruba dominate the City. You will feel at home here. I am here with my family.
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by Nobody: 10:26am On May 04, 2013
Kaduna all the way!!!cheesy Kd's where u'll have fun nd work well @ d same time. There're pools, clubs, parks nd all. Kd's also where u'll meet classy hausa guys nd girls who speak nd dress well they'll even party with u. I'd pick kd anyday anytime(I grew upthere). Its a nice place regardless of d bombings which have now subsided. And u can always stroll into Abj when u lykcheesy
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by Chartey(m): 10:26am On May 04, 2013
Chelcy10: I wont criticise jos cos av never been 2 jos b4, but I can tel u dat Kaduna is a beter place 2 live dan jos. I am an Igbo guy, but am born and brot up in kaduna and dats where my family is based. One tin about Kaduna is dat as a Xristian, u dnt live anywhere u wish cos of being atakd in time of conflicts. Setlement in Kaduna is a religious divided tin, xristians ocupy d southern parts places like kakuri, television, sabo, romi, u/sunday, g/gora and some sububs around abuja xpresway. Transportation in kaduna is one of d easiest and cheapest av seen, buses, taxis, train etc. Good social life, Nigerias BEST sporting town, good hotel service, xcelent schls (primary, secondary and tertiary) good security with almost evry 3km u drive, dia is a barack. Sweet weather condition, and kaduna is a place where all tribes in Nigeria can be seen in dia larg population.
Yeah, true. Kaduna is really cosmopolitan - a typical melting pot. People just feed on stuff they see on Channels and all those lazy tv channels. Even hausa dominated Zaria where i school has so many southerners( U dare not even insult anyone with Yoruba, Idoma, Igbo etc cuz u dont know who's who). There's a reason ABU has every state and LGA well represented by staff and students.
I've only passed through Jos, so i cant really compare but it looked far less busy than Kaduna. So if you are coming for business, Kaduna seems a better place, plus you'll get all the fun you want in places like Sabo, Kakuri and Television.

1 Like

Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by Ochek: 10:42am On May 04, 2013
Aggrippa: Jtown all the way....but op please avoid places like agwan rogo, congo russia, opp part of the road between bauchi park and terminus, fillin sukwa, barkin ladi...they vampiric hawks there....chose places like tina junction, odus, terminus, dadin kowa, vom, mangu, pankshin, that area where pple sell electronics and the most beautiful and best RAYFIELD!! dont mind those crisis...its normal in a growing city...if you go to jos...you will see solid devt everywhere...you notice a very great difference/change ...even the unijos has changed....it is not like jos of the past. pardon me for reasoning, considering the casualty crisis figures, how many do you see? is it up to 1000,000? but go with a dagger or gun when entering jos. i hope i have convinced you enough, btw so long as NAF OFFICERS are on duty, theres nothin to fear. you yourself shd also lay low dont display like peacock...one gud thing in north is that it gives opportunity for every one to grow irrespective of whoever you are unlike in south. its well.

Hahahaha! Funny dude. Yeah sure you ve been to J- town.
@OP. Truely take note of the no go areas he mentioned. Aside that, you ve free like a bird.
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by Ochek: 10:48am On May 04, 2013
702: Accmd: Jos is relatively cheaper
transport: Jos is relatively cheaper
market tins(fud stuff): Kd is better wiv more varieties
market tins (sparr parts auto): Kd tops Jos
girls girls girls: Kd is da bomb
trips/thrillin places: Jos try wella
clubs/pubs etc: Kd is more ghetto ...giv it to kd
Eateries/Fast fud biz: Kd gt more
Security: Almost same but Jos is kinda safer
GRAs: Kd gt a handful...Jos not bad also
Gsm ntwrk: Jos n Kd r same. I think u get some free wifi more in Kd
Hotels: Kd gt loadz cuz of competitn bt Jos gt classic places to crash
Weather: Jos for lyf but u will grow darker dunno y o
Economy: Kd gt more industries. Biz
populatn: Kd gt more peeps
Efizi/celebs;: almost same bt kd is now promising
During fuel scarcity: Kd dey bad o! Jos bit better
Pollution. air noise etc: Kd of course
BH: walahi i cant asses this
Hospitals/skuls: Kd gt more prestigious names
Kidnappin: no data
Hiv: error
startup biz/entrepreneur: Jos is wide opened.
Big city lights: Kd
Tall buidings: kd
free booze/wknd parties: luv jos on this
Coming down from lag: Kd is closer by road.

Hahahah! Correct guy! Where ve you been? I guess if you had dropped this earlier, thread for don close. Nice job pal
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by Ochek: 10:52am On May 04, 2013
caukerzee: you are the fool here. if you know jos very well you wount spew that shit u just wrote. on a normal day, one can pass through the so called no go areas such as bauchi road and angwang rogo comfortabtly without the fear of any attacks and the last time i checked...we've be having normal days since 2010. i am a student of ujay and bauchi road is my daily route. you are clearly one sentimental uneducated idiot.

I disagree with ya. I'm in Jos. Bauchi road. Hmmmm... Yes, i can risk it some times. Angwa rogo? Boy! Still no go area for over 98.9 percent xtains.
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by asala1: 10:59am On May 04, 2013
David ogar: mr man you better find another job else were and forget about north because all the north side is not save @ all, I have travel to all the the state in the north both maduiguri, don't ask why, cause I when there for business? If you love your life and the life of your family? Becareful my brother?
Please don't go to lagos too if that's the case. The smell, traffic, one chance, robbery, kidnapping, ritual killing, etc going on there is second to none. If you love your life don't work anywhere in Nigeria, just sit at home. You will be more safe there. If we live by what we hear from the media, nobody will be living in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by bobofati(m): 11:01am On May 04, 2013
My guy kaduna all d way. Kaduna can't be compared to any town upnorth. Come to kd nd you will not regret it. Coming from somone that has lived in both cities.
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by 9free(m): 11:12am On May 04, 2013
marex:

Chair, email me, make we conclude.
Oya, drop ur email nah
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by Abujabir24: 11:31am On May 04, 2013
spywareczar: kayi shuru, matan malo yan datti ne
Bayan ka gama lalata su ko. Sakarai kawai
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by Abujabir24: 11:32am On May 04, 2013
lumideezle:
Believe me mhen if not cuz of this Job,I wouldn't touch the northern part of Nig with a 12feet Pole,left 2 me you guys can keep you sisters,brothers, cattles,you Allah,your Ideologies about life and western education , your everything.your sisters are the last thing on my mind right now when my security is at stake smh, my guy I b yoruba man o I love my life o..lol
I know u will change your mind when u eventually pick kd. Because Northern girls are more beautiful than yoruba girls. But I just pray u mean what u said by saying they are the last thing in your mind.
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by deledealers: 11:40am On May 04, 2013
lumideezle: Thanks to all that have commented so far, guess Jos is leading right now cuz even fam members are saying the same thing. I would appreciate more comments tho.
Not 4God sake, what will be profit of a man 2gain d world and loose is soul
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by lumideezle(m): 12:10pm On May 04, 2013
Thanks to everyone that have commented sofar, I really appreciate all you peeps have said as at yesterday my mind was tilted to Jos but after reading some strong points IFO KD I'm actually having a rethink.I guess bot cities have their own share of insecurities even lagos does just that I'll have to be very picky as to where I choose to get an apartment. Thanks a lot guys havnt made up my mind yet tho but @ least now I am capable of making an informed decision thanks to you peeps.

BTW (on a lighter note ) I directed my Fiancee to this thread lol U go fear freaking out naaa lol like say no b our 2 go chop d money when d thing don,a
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by Rapking1: 12:22pm On May 04, 2013
Wat of d mob
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by caukerzee(m): 12:25pm On May 04, 2013
About Jos...
Weather: the weather is quite nice. A mix of temprate and tropical climate most especially at the upper part of the state. You-d surely love the weather.
People: the people are nice natured, vere receptive of visitors. Most of the population are dark in complexion, except for the settlers of course. You-re looking for girls?? Come see for yourself.
Argriculture: Has arguably the most fertile land in the country. Food suff is very very cheap over here. You could even own a land for self sustainance as land is very cheap over here.
Entertainment: Jos is the capital of middle-belt and nothern entertainment as a whole. Home to many renowed naija artiste as you know. You-ll never lack a show to attend every weekend. Them bars clubs and chill out spots are countless over here. Seffans, lashom, club elim, crest, green park...to mention but a few.
Tourism: Jos is one of the most beautiful cities in nigeria. The land scape gives birthe to breath taking scenery as well as weather that-s quite similar to that of johanesburg and london(in summer/spring of course). Indeed nature was smiling wwhen jos was being created, and its effect leaves man-indigenes and visitors thrilled. A visit to assop falls or the highlands of shere hills is simply mind blowing. The wild life park and the zoo. Have you seen the animals? You may wanna hug them - well except the lions of course (LOL). I could go on and on about.
Health services: the new jos university teaching hospital is one of the best in nigeria(as stated during the good governance tour by the minister of information and minister of health. Not forgeting the renowed bingham uiniversity teaching hospital, jos (popularly known as jan kwano)
securitiy: as i said earlier, the security situation in ridiculously exerggerated and over-hyped. We the jos dwellers are even shocked by the thing we hear people say about jos. The lastime there was a serious crises here in jos was 2009(talking about the main jos town)

1 Like

Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by ryom(m): 1:01pm On May 04, 2013
Hi @ op. I attended Unijos (6 years) but frequently visited KD as I had family there. Both cities are great. KD is a bit more congested but has more commerce as mentioned earlier. in both cities you need to choose where you live carefully but then 'shift' can happen anywhere. If you want a break from the Lagos kind of pace, then Jos is it. Overall, personally, I'll choose Jos.
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by ladyju(f): 1:03pm On May 04, 2013
I've been in Jos since 2002 and I'm not planning to move out. Jos is a very nice place to be. Most of d the crises u hear from d net happened outside Jos. I've not been to Kaduna so I can't compare.
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by toprealman: 1:03pm On May 04, 2013
Risk perception comes to play here. Many lads will be happy to work in the USA despite the country being in a high risk matrix just like boko haram locations.
People are working in Iraq ( your sincerely almost got a job there.....no dulling!) FYI.
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by uneks411: 1:10pm On May 04, 2013
I'll suggeest JOS anyday anytime. Skooled and stayed in Jtown for 5yrs, u jst need to know where and when not to thread in some certain location get a good accomodation in a safe and peaceful place such as rayfield, rockhaaven. And know your routes
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by EmmyDe25(m): 1:15pm On May 04, 2013
caukerzee: Jos all the way. Be it weather, security, entertainment, cost of living. Forget all that news you hear about attacks in jos, they are mostly in other parts of Plateau and not Jos itself. Coming from someone that stays in Jos.
Yeah.... like my brother who is schoolin there do say.... al those attacks we do hear in d news are things they dont even get to hear abt... kaduna on the other hand, is a city that is prone to all sort of things: bombing, religious crisis and the fear of the known. stayed in Zaria for 4 years so i know what time is it in kaduna state. @op, go for J~town..... d only thing u get to hear abt in plateau state is just communal clashes, and that happen outside J~town.
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by EmmyDe25(m): 1:25pm On May 04, 2013
Chartey:
Yeah, true. Kaduna is really cosmopolitan - a typical melting pot. People just feed on stuff they see on Channels and all those lazy tv channels. Even hausa dominated Zaria where i school has so many southerners( U dare not even insult anyone with Yoruba, Idoma, Igbo etc cuz u dont know who's who). There's a reason ABU has every state and LGA well represented by staff and students.
I've only passed through Jos, so i cant really compare but it looked far less busy than Kaduna. So if you are coming for business, Kaduna seems a better place, plus you'll get all the fun you want in places like Sabo, Kakuri and Television.
Guess u are an abusite?
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by Triple3Gayanfe(m): 1:30pm On May 04, 2013
Don't let no one decieve you,one can hardly compare jos with any othe city in nija.but honestly where u reside in jos matters.and your religion to a great extent determines that,if u re xtian n u stay @ bauchi road then i pity u,also if u re a muslim,u dare not stay in vom..moreso do not live among low livers,one of the best places is rayfield.residence vis a vis security aside,j-town is the bomb!especially when u earn tight u wont know when u will complete an estate in lekki frm ur savings.mail me when u ready to gv testimony in 6 months n my consultation fee,jos all d way!
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by Pancs(m): 1:34pm On May 04, 2013
if u dnt choose joscity you might just regreat it.d only problem with jos where i stay is d past crisis. And d fact there is a bundary you just wouldnt cross as a muslim or christian.
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by filcast(m): 1:41pm On May 04, 2013
@op,after 9 years of staying in kd,believe me i know the place like the rear of my palm. I just relocated to Lagos few weeks ago,anyway.I still visit kaduna once a month though for some unfinished bizs.I would ve given u my take on this but u ve failed to include all the necessary details about ur situation.For instance,where u employed b4 this 'juicy' job came up? Where are the company offices located in jos/kaduna? will the job entail you mostly sitting in the office or moving about?
Note:most casualties in the north crisis met their deaths while outside their particular resisdences.So where u reside may have little to do with your safety. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by Arsenate(m): 1:47pm On May 04, 2013
In all honesty I envy the op. I live in lagos now and I'm just sick and tired of the extremely stressful life. I mean even if there is no crisis here, the stress is just enough to kill one gradually. I miss Jos so much and I'd definitely choose Kd and jos over lagos, no jokes.
Op forget all you've been reading on the media, it's definitely over blown. U are one lucky guy (you might not know it now), I seriously mean that.
J-Town for life

1 Like

Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by Cauker: 2:00pm On May 04, 2013
I demand an explanation from the MOD of this section why my other account (caukerzee) was banned and My last post [Which had no abusive words or trolling/spamming], a post that i took my time to construct advicing the OP on why he should choose Jos{nothing more nothing less) was deleted?? Are you pro KADUNA or something? Were you threatened by the fact that my post could convince the op to chose my city over yours or what??
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by Arsenate(m): 2:02pm On May 04, 2013
The irony of it all is that all the people screaming insecurity are not residents of either cities. Go through this thread and you will find out that residents of both cities (Jos and Kd) have only pleasant things to say about their respective city of residence
The media, is indeed very powerful.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

3 Reasons Companies Are Dumping Interview For Assessment Center / How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed / See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.