Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,389 members, 7,822,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (109) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (829208 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by mercedesbenz261: 6:58am On Sep 19, 2014
Mivi: Hello Nairalanders, I have been reading your comments n its awesome!!!! i am taking ietls in oct 2nd week, i have all my docs ready n i am planning to apply for fswp noc-2281 . As of now cap count 177 will my application b processed? pls reply

Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by seedgie(m): 7:32am On Sep 19, 2014
Chukky77: Hi please i have a few questions though ive been reading through the thread.

1. for processing fee do i need a gtb account to be able to raise a draft with them?
2. what happens if your application doesn't go through? will the draft be returned to you of how does it work?
3. i'm finding it difficult getting a work reference with all the comprehensive information due to work plicies at my former job although i have lots of correspondence including employment, promotions, salary increases. how do i get self attested job letter? from a lawyer or what body?
4. can i use pension statement as part or all of my proof of funds?

I'm sorry if these questions have been answered earlier, ive gone through a lot of the thread but it doesnt seem definite . Thanks
hello guys, pls i like to also know about the question 3 in the above quote. That is the self attested refrence letter, though i am shilling for express entry cos of my masters program and POF.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by blessbunmi(f): 7:51am On Sep 19, 2014
Hello house, My exam is slated for Oct 2nd @ Ilorin and I am yet to receive further directives. Pls for those who have taken Ielts I will like to know the closest time that one will get further instructions from British Council because it was stated on their website that we would be contacted early enough to take the speaking part 7 days before or after the other tests.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 9:30am On Sep 19, 2014
bal2012002:

PLS HOW CAN ONE CHECK THE NOC LEVEL. THANKS

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 9:38am On Sep 19, 2014
blessbunmi: Hello house, My exam is slated for Oct 2nd @ Ilorin and I am yet to receive further directives. Pls for those who have taken Ielts I will like to know the closest time that one will get further instructions from British Council because it was stated on their website that we would be contacted early enough to take the speaking part 7 days before or after the other tests.
Thank you.

You would be contacted approximately a week before your writing exam and a few days before your speaking test. Most likely, your speaking test will be on a weekday; about three days before or after your writing test.

All the best in your exams.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 19, 2014
hollaugo: I just saw that my packaged has been received at the CIO office, however I am seeing that my Occupation 2171 (Information Systems Analyst and Consultants) is at 233 at the moment is it likely that i will make it. I feel nervous because my occupation is fast filling up and what is the next step now. Thanks Guys
You applied early enough... I'm even still entertaining applying some time next year. But EE is sure as no timeline, the only thing is that NOC has to be in demand.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 10:59am On Sep 19, 2014
Hi everyone,

I learnt on canadavisa.com that there is going to be an 'Eagle's meeting' next Saturday, 27th September, 2014 in Lagos for Canada FSW applicants. I would really like to attend, anyone else attending?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 11:00am On Sep 19, 2014
blessbunmi: Hello house, My exam is slated for Oct 2nd @ Ilorin and I am yet to receive further directives. Pls for those who have taken Ielts I will like to know the closest time that one will get further instructions from British Council because it was stated on their website that we would be contacted early enough to take the speaking part 7 days before or after the other tests.
Thank you.
Since your exam is 2nd Oct,2014,expect to hear from British council between today and next week friday latest.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by hollaugo: 11:30am On Sep 19, 2014
Fingers Crossed and Prayers
ferdimako:
You applied early enough... I'm even still entertaining applying some time next year. But EE is sure as no timeline, the only thing is that NOC has to be in demand.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by hollaugo: 11:32am On Sep 19, 2014
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp

bal2012002:

PLS HOW CAN ONE CHECK THE NOC LEVEL. THANKS
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 11:41am On Sep 19, 2014
Chukky77: Hi please i have a few questions though ive been reading through the thread.

1. for processing fee do i need a gtb account to be able to raise a draft with them?
2. what happens if your application doesn't go through? will the draft be returned to you of how does it work?
3. i'm finding it difficult getting a work reference with all the comprehensive information due to work plicies at my former job although i have lots of correspondence including employment, promotions, salary increases. how do i get self attested job letter? from a lawyer or what body?

I'm sorry if these questions have been answered earlier, ive gone through a lot of the thread but it doesnt seem definite. Thanks
1.You will need to have a US $ domiciliary account holder with GTbank for you to raise a bank draft.
2.If by chance your application isn't through positively and your package is returned back,you can re-purchase it back into your US $ domiciliary account.

seedgie: hello guys, pls i like to also know about the question 3 in the above quote. That is the self attested refrence letter, though i am shilling for express entry cos of my masters program and POF.

[b]3.I'm always careful in advising applicants to use self attested reference letters because as much experience that I have,2% of the applicants who used it have been successful.The successful ones submitted alot of supporting documents to make their case strong so when you say self-attested...its really relative.
Ideally, you should provide letters of reference from your current and past employers. These letters should be on company letterhead and signed by the appropriate individual. The letters must include your period of employment, positions held, duties, salary, hours of work, and a business card of the person signing.
If you can not provide all of the above, you must include an explanation in your application why not. If you do not have (or can not get letters of reference), the next best thing would be to provide old contracts of employment with your employers, or old performance appraisals,payslips,correspondences, etc.
If you can not provide any of the above, your application may be in jeopardy. If you can find an old supervisor or even work mate, he or she could swear an affidavit on the above details of your employment to help support your application, along with your own explanation and description.
I will also strongly advice you to get an affidavit to explain the reason why your letter of reference is not available,list your duties out,working hours,salary and entry/exit dates...this will strengthen your case.
At this point, you will have to get creative about documenting your work experience. Are there any third-party publicly available documents about you on the web you can point to? Any news articles? Association newsletters?
You will need to find anything you can to support your work experience claim and accept that CIC may or may not accept it depending on the circumstances.
My advice is that you get a senior colleague of yours or your former supervisor at the place to attest your duties in the format requested by CIC on a plain paper since the cover letter is not available...couple with all the supporting documents that you will include.
Remember....its a game of luck but with the inclusion of all i listed out,there is 80% assurance of success.
I have a buddy who did it and was successful...and I have couple of applicants who were not successful...numerous of them ....may be they did not supply enough supporting documents.
4.As much as possible.let your fund have significant share of the POF.
Its fine if its included but don't make it the all encompassing POF.I used mine but I had excess of my POF already in my statement of account before including my pension statement....and for me,I used both my statutory and voluntary pension statements.
Cheers.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by amazingfortune: 12:32pm On Sep 19, 2014
damkollins you are a blessed soul. You are always so comprehensive in your reply. I am v impressed

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by amazingfortune: 12:41pm On Sep 19, 2014
ut using the following as POF:

1. provident fund and
2. Gratuity
3. Car
4. Real Estate

If car can be used, who will value it?

Also let me know for how long are the balances required to remain in the personal account.
amazingfortune: damkollins you are a blessed soul. You are always so comprehensive in your reply. I am v impressed
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by loriaidah(f): 1:21pm On Sep 19, 2014
Pls am new and I need some informations. Nurses are not applying or they don't want to share?I read that RN/RM were been evaluated as hospital study and training.so which NOC can you apply for. Urgent pls
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by blessbunmi(f): 1:38pm On Sep 19, 2014
Thank you very much
yomifowe:

You would be contacted approximately a week before your writing exam and a few days before your speaking test. Most likely, your speaking test will be on a weekday; about three days before or after your writing test.

All the best in your exams.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by blessbunmi(f): 1:40pm On Sep 19, 2014
Thank you.
damkollins:
Since your exam is 2nd Oct,2014,expect to hear from British council between today and next week friday latest.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by sreenivas23: 1:50pm On Sep 19, 2014
damkollins/solomonwis/anyone,

WES website did not saved the information what have provided while filling my education details. By overlooking that, I have submitted my application and done with the payment. After that, I have noticed the issue with my education details. I have not yet posted my transcripts to WES. Is there any way I can change that information?? Is there any customer support email which they monitor regularly??

Thanks in advance.

I don't see any replies. Can anyone please answer my query??
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Therecruiter: 1:59pm On Sep 19, 2014
Great comments everyone. I just read from canadavisa.com that June 2014 applications are now being reviewed...
The journey continues.
Please keep sharing news on CC/DD charges & PER notifications to keep hope alive!
All the best.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by scrollmeout(m): 2:22pm On Sep 19, 2014
Therecruiter: Great comments everyone. I just read from canadavisa.com that June 2014 applications are now being reviewed...
The journey continues.
Please keep sharing news on CC/DD charges & PER notifications to keep hope alive!
All the best.

That's good news. As a June Applicant, i have been hoping and praying. I even check my mail box every week to make sure my app wasn't returned. Is there a way to find out which apps have passed the completeness check stage? cheesy
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bees74: 3:30pm On Sep 19, 2014
seunlovesa:

hiii........RN is RN. Post basic is just an "icing on the cake" as per Naija standard. while fillling your FSW form, just write RN with NOC 3012. It is only psychiatric nurses that can fill RPN with same NOC. RNs having other specializations are good writing "RN" . hope this helps
Seunlovesa thank u so much.it helped
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bees74: 3:34pm On Sep 19, 2014
damkollins:
I believe 17 years is enough as stated.
If you are the principal/primary applicant ,you need to have atleast 1 year experience in one of the 50 advertised professions .
That been said ,1 year experience will give you the minimum points of 9 while 6 years experience or more will give you 15 points which is the maximum.
If you are the principal/primary applicant,your spouse's profession does not need to be among the 50 professions.
Regarding the issue of job tittle or designation,it is not compulsory that your job tittle be the same as one of the 50 professions.....but 50% to 80% of your job descriptions(which you are claiming points for) needs to be similar to your interested profession out of the 50 NOCs.
If your current job descriptions are largely similar to that of NOC 3012 registered nurse profession,then you are perfectly qualified to apply for it.
For your two year old child,you can simply fill English ......it doesn't really matter.
Cheers
Thank u very plenty.damkollins.its very clear to me now.GOD bless u.very grateful for bailing me out.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 3:44pm On Sep 19, 2014
sreenivas23:
damkollins/solomonwis/anyone,
WES website did not saved the information what have provided while filling my education details. By overlooking that, I have submitted my application and done with the payment. After that, I have noticed the issue with my education details. I have not yet posted my transcripts to WES. Is there any way I can change that information?? Is there any customer support email which they monitor regularly??
Thanks in advance.
I don't see any replies. Can anyone please answer my query??
Regardless of the details you supply,I can assure you that WES will only issue out your ECA evaluation with the details they receive from your academic institution.Your full names and birth dates,degree name can surely be inferred from your certificates,transcripts and verification from school.
Unless you want to notify them of a change in name that has been legalized...in that case,you will send proof of the change in name to them.
I believe you are fine.
You also can edit your personal info details.
Which details in your education details do you think you made mistake on?
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 3:57pm On Sep 19, 2014
amazingfortune: ut using the following as POF:
1. provident fund and
2. Gratuity
3. Car
4. Real Estate
If car can be used, who will value it?
Also let me know for how long are the balances required to remain in the personal account.
You need to be careful with the details you have listed....remember that proof of fund must be unencumbered.
Maybe provident fund in terms of statutory/voluntary pension stand a bit of chance but the rest Car and real estate will at best represent some sorts of assets.
Whichever you actions will be,remember that you need to be able to proof that such fund is unencumbered.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 4:00pm On Sep 19, 2014

I'm sorry if these questions have been answered earlier, ive gone through a lot of the thread but it doesnt seem definite. Thanks

seedgie: hello guys, pls i like to also know about the question 3 in the above quote. That is the self attested refrence letter, though i am shilling for express entry cos of my masters program and POF.

Let us be objective and realistic like the guys in CIC.....

For some reasons (one of which was stated above),there might be circumstances where an applicant is not able to secure a work reference...The reasons are so numerous and genuine that any sane mind will understand with a letter stating the reason(s).

Having said the above,it was stated on the checklist that should situation arise where any document is not available a letter should be included to explain the reason(s). To give this "letter" a little legal backing,it is always better to state the reason under oath (affidavit) and produce as much information as available that will cover for the work reference...such as the employment letter,confirmation of appointment letter,promotion letter,annual leave letter,payslip/pay stub and any correspondence affirming your work experience at the time...sometimes,it is better to approach an ex-colleague (a senior colleague at the time) to include his contact details and confirming that he/she was your line head or supervisor and you carried out the main duties as stated at the time.... The onus is on the applicant to prove beyond doubt that indeed he/she worked in a company....

Again,all of your employers (if you worked in different places) are not expected to be reluctant in issuing you work reference else you will succeed in raising suspicion which will cast aspersion on your application and it might be rejected if care if not taken.

Some of the employers might have a policy of issuing a work reference letter in the company's standard format which may not include all the details as expected by CIC. In this case,include all of the aforementioned documents with particular attention to the document that show the details of your main duties..

Even with people who provided work reference from their employers,some of them had their applications returned because it did not include the main duties that align with their eligible occupation...

There is no cause for alarm if all I's are dotted and all T's crossed with self attested work reference....Bottom line is,include all the information that is expected in the work reference and confirming that you indeed worked with an employer....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Chukky77: 4:29pm On Sep 19, 2014
Thanks solomonwis and damkollins. Your reply is much appreciated.

Like you stated my former company is insisting on using their format as they don't cater to individualized requests so I will probably swear a more detailed affidavit and add to the very basic letter they will give me in addition to all the other confirmations, employment and promotion letters. Two further questions

Is GTB the only bank known to issue international bank drafts. Has anyone ever used Stanbic?
2. Also is my hospital birth certificate not acceptable? Must I do the NPC thing? If yes please where is NPC office in Lagos and also where can I swear the work affidavit in Lagos? Is there a format one could advice?

Thanks for your patience in answering these questions...
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 19, 2014
Therecruiter: Great comments everyone. I just read from canadavisa.com that June 2014 applications are now being reviewed...
The journey continues.
All the best.
What's DD?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Garykasparov: 5:45pm On Sep 19, 2014
Hey great people, please help me out here, my university has sent my transcript to WES, i checked my WES profile on tuesday and i saw "document received" but i checked today only to see my evaluation status as "cancelled" "refund pending", please can someone explain. i didnt change my order by the way.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tayoamos: 6:14pm On Sep 19, 2014
Garykasparov: Hey great people, please help me out here, my university has sent my transcript to WES, i checked my WES profile on tuesday and i saw "document received" but i checked today only to see my evaluation status as "cancelled" "refund pending", please can someone explain. i didnt change my order by the way.
What school transcript did u send to WES
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 6:34pm On Sep 19, 2014
Garykasparov: Hey great people, please help me out here, my university has sent my transcript to WES, i checked my WES profile on tuesday and i saw "document received" but i checked today only to see my evaluation status as "cancelled" "refund pending", please can someone explain. i didnt change my order by the way.
How dis you submit your transcript ?
Did you follow WES directives ?
When your documents get cancelled ,it simply means the document received is not acceptable because it does not meet WES document requirements. You must resubmit the required document(s) as specified. Please review the document requirements as it applies to your person.
How did you submit ?
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 6:44pm On Sep 19, 2014
Chukky77: Thanks solomonwis and damkollins. Your reply is much appreciated.

Like you stated my former company is insisting on using their format as they don't cater to individualized requests so I will probably swear a more detailed affidavit and add to the very basic letter they will give me in addition to all the other confirmations, employment and promotion letters. Two further questions

Is GTB the only bank known to issue international bank drafts. Has anyone ever used Stanbic?
2. Also is my hospital birth certificate not acceptable? Must I do the NPC thing? If yes please where is NPC office in Lagos and also where can I swear the work affidavit in Lagos? Is there a format one could advice?

Thanks for your patience in answering these questions...
1.I believe all the coomercial banks in Nigeria will have the capacity to issue international bank drafts though it may be limited to some dedicated branches like Gtbank too.Just walk in or call their customer care lines to ask.
2.NPC is suitable for you......pleasantry to get it.
NPC at surulere..before NYSC secratriat at Babs animashaun off bode thomas surulere.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by lollipop29: 8:09pm On Sep 19, 2014
Nice work guys. Please I need advice.

I'm the principal applicant. My point score is above 67% mark. We stay in PH and PH is no more a centre for IELTS exam. My wife just gave birth few months ago and with the risk involved in traveling with a new born baby, I want to know if it is a MUST that she should write the test. Or if I can go ahead and submit my application package without her writing the test.

Also, if I'm to go ahead and submit the package, there is a section in one of the forms (Economic Class form) that asked " if my spouse is proficient in English language ". Should I tick "Yes" without a proof or I should tick "No? 

Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 8:56pm On Sep 19, 2014
lollipop29: Nice work guys. Please I need advice.

I'm the principal applicant. My point score is above 67% mark. We stay in PH and PH is no more a centre for IELTS exam. My wife just gave birth few months ago and with the risk involved in traveling with a new born baby, I want to know if it is a MUST that she should write the test. Or if I can go ahead and submit my application package without her writing the test.

Also, if I'm to go ahead and submit the package, there is a section in one of the forms (Economic Class form) that asked " if my spouse is proficient in English language ". Should I tick "Yes" without a proof or I should tick "No? 

Thanks
If you as the principal applicant have a self calculated point of 67 points already and yout are sure of it,Wifey do not need to write IELTS again.It is not compulsory for spouses to write IELTS ......it is not a must.
It is only necessary when you the principal applicant self calculated point is less than 67 points.The IELTS can only give 5 additional points from spouse to make such principal applicant self calculated point to be 67points or more.In your case,you have 67points and more already,save the 35k to buy baby's diaper and wipes.
To answer the question you spoke about,even if your Wifey is queen Elizabeth of England and English is her native language ,if she has not written IELTS test,you must pick no.If you pick yes,you must include her IELTS original result.
If we stay with your story.....Wifey won't write IELTS test......your answer will be NO.
Cheers

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (322)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.