Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,662 members, 7,959,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 09:03 AM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (838861 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by amazingfortune: 6:50pm On Sep 16, 2014
and yes, the CIC website says"

As of May 1, 2014, there is an overall cap of 25,500 for new federal skilled worker applications. This includes a cap of 500 applications from PhD students. There are also sub-caps of 1,000 for each of the 50 eligible occupations. The caps do not affect people with a valid job offer. These are the last applications we will accept under the current system before Express Entry launches in January 2015.

whats your sau on that?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 8:00pm On Sep 16, 2014
amazingfortune:

Your reply has been so comprehensive. Thank you very much. I still have a question. I was told that work experiences are required for all jobs in the last 10 years. That confused me a little. Secondly, express entry is being introduced in January 2015. Can I still apply till 2015 April under the current system as you said. Can you please copy the link where you got this information from. And thanks again for being so helpful

[b]There are underlying factors you need to understand in the context of the 10 years with reference to years worked.
You must understand that CIC will not give you more than 15points if you present 10years experience letters.
CIC will also not award you points for letters of experience beyond 10years.
Nobody is discouraging you from getting the experience letter as you wrote for ten years......I'm just telling you it does not affect your application positively.
No application packages has ever been returned because of this....any application returned on letter of experience issue,its coz it's not enough or the experience did not correlate with expected duties .
Having said all this....its an advantage if you are not sure about the suitability of some of your experience years.
Unless another gazette comes out to nullify the one in motion now,you can still send you application package to be received in CIC on or before 30th April,2015.
As for the link......
Check page 986 of the link below
http://www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2014/2014-04-26/pdf/g1-14817.pdf
Cheers[/b]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by amazingfortune: 8:25pm On Sep 16, 2014
Thanks a lot again. You have been very helpful. Stay blessed!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:21pm On Sep 16, 2014
amazingfortune: and yes, the CIC website says"

As of May 1, 2014, there is an overall cap of 25,500 for new federal skilled worker applications. This includes a cap of 500 applications from PhD students. There are also sub-caps of 1,000 for each of the 50 eligible occupations. The caps do not affect people with a valid job offer. These are the last applications we will accept under the current system before Express Entry launches in January 2015.

whats your sau on that?
Any NOC that hits 1,000 has closed and once CIC receives 25,000 applications, even NOCs with 100 applications will still close with d ones with 1,000 applications.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by amazingfortune: 6:46am On Sep 17, 2014
What if express entry starts in January 2015. Would the current system run in parellel with the Express Entry system until April 2015?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by fuzzyt(m): 8:17am On Sep 17, 2014
Congratulations to me!!! My credit card was charged yesterday Application Date: May 30 NOC: 0113

Special appreciation goes to Chief Doctor Solomonwise for your immense support both online and offline; you are destined for greatness. Keep it up bro!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ifechukwukamso: 8:44am On Sep 17, 2014
ifechukwukamso:

Thanks Solo for the address
I have a domiciliary account and a functioning token.
I have gone through the GTB online platform.
I saw draft in transit but I think its for only naira draft
Am not currently in 9ja so I cannot fund my naira account but my dollar account has enough for the draft.
I called my account officer in gtb and he said I can only do for naira draft online. He said becos of fraud they only do foreign currency draft in person.
So I guess I have to raise it when I get back.
Thanks again

OK. So, this is to thank everyone in this forum for sharing and the sacrifice. I have learnt from this forum that when people come together and share ideas and experiences on a particular issue it makes for smooth and comprehensive knowledge acquisition. As a matter of fact since i stumbled on this forum, i now seek information from platforms like this rather than goggling in trying to get information on certain procedural matters or issues. Thanks again to everyone for making this possible and saving most Nigerian 3000-4000USD for lawyers fee. May God water all your seeds and give you prosperity in all you lay your hands to do. Solomonwise, i specifically want to say THANK U to you for initiating this forum. I think we should change your name now to solomonwizard cheesy
Just to update the house on my timeline
June 2013 i sent my application
July 6 it was received
September or October 2013 got my PER
September 2014 got the request for Medicals. Was also requested to send a new police report, and a updated generic form and additional information form for me and spouse. The moral of the story is Patience while you watch and pray
Just one more question to the house
I am almost set to send to Accra office but wanted to make assurances double on the address. Though i got an address from this forum but another person sent me a similar address but with some subtle differences. Am now asking which one do i use
This or that
Thanks to you all
God bless ya all

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bal2012002(m): 8:51am On Sep 17, 2014
hello,
pls how can one check the noc cap for number of applications received.
cheers

quote author=livelyvivien]Thank you. I have completed all the forms and collated all the supporting documents. I only need my proof of fund in my account to submit. I have put up a property for sale to raise the fund but no buyer yet, so I will have to wait. Checked my NOC yesterday, 40 applications have been processed. If I get lump sum transfer into my account will that raise any dust?[/quote]
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 9:12am On Sep 17, 2014
ifechukwukamso:

OK. So, this is to thank everyone in this forum for sharing and the sacrifice. I have learnt from this forum that when people come together and share ideas and experiences on a particular issue it makes for smooth and comprehensive knowledge acquisition. As a matter of fact since i stumbled on this forum, i now seek information from platforms like this rather than goggling in trying to get information on certain procedural matters or issues. Thanks again to everyone for making this possible and saving most Nigerian 3000-4000USD for lawyers fee. May God water all your seeds and give you prosperity in all you lay your hands to do. Solomonwise, i specifically want to say THANK U to you for initiating this forum. I think we should change your name now to solomonwizard cheesy
Just to update the house on my timeline
June 2013 i sent my application
July 6 it was received
September or October 2013 got my PER
September 2014 got the request for Medicals. Was also requested to send a new police report, and a updated generic form and additional information form for me and spouse. The moral of the story is Patience while you watch and pray
Just one more question to the house
I am almost set to send to Accra office but wanted to make assurances double on the address. Though i got an address from this forum but another person sent me a similar address but with some subtle differences. Am now asking which one do i use
This or that
Thanks to you all
God bless ya all
If you look very well.....both addresses are the same.
I assume you are sending your documents through Courier service.
If you are sending it through courier service,the "P.O.Box 1639" in the address is needless as courier service is not meant to deliver to a post office box.
Courier Service are meant to hand-deliver to recipient physically which is why the other address is the most useful one.
The address below is the preferred choice for courier service

Immigration Program|Programme d'immigration (KAS)
High Commission of Canada| Haut Commissariat du
42,Independence Avenue,
Accra,Ghana.

The "P.O.Box 1639" is correct too but its for registered post mail to post office.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ifechukwukamso: 9:33am On Sep 17, 2014
damkollins:
If you look very well.....both addresses are the same.
I assume you are sending your documents through Courier service.
If you are sending it through courier service,the "P.O.Box 1639" in the address is needless as courier service is not meant to deliver to a post office box.
Courier Service are meant to hand-deliver to recipient physically which is why the other address is the most useful one.
The address below is the preferred choice for courier service

Immigration Program|Programme d'immigration (KAS)
High Commission of Canada| Haut Commissariat du
42,Independence Avenue,
Accra,Ghana.

The "P.O.Box 1639" is correct too but its for registered post mail to post office.
Cheers.

Thanks Damkolin for your amazing explanation
Now am fully assured of the better addy
Splendid day
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 9:48am On Sep 17, 2014
fuzzyt: Congratulations to me!!! My credit card was charged yesterday Application Date: May 30 NOC: 0113
Special appreciation goes to Chief Doctor Solomonwise for your immense support both online and offline; you are destined for greatness. Keep it up bro!
Congrats..
Wish you well for the rest of the stages...
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:22am On Sep 17, 2014
If one makes payment using a bank draft, how will one get a " signal" that one's draft has been cashed by CIC?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by amazingfortune: 11:04am On Sep 17, 2014
damkollins has been very helpful. I would thank you on behalf of the every body on the forum. BTW are you an immigration lawyer?

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by princebimby: 11:28am On Sep 17, 2014
amazingfortune: damkollins has been very helpful. I would thank you on behalf of the every body on the forum. BTW are you an immigration lawyer?

Cheers

Hello All,
I am gathering my documents under NOC 2281... i believe i still have time.

Secondly can i fax my degree certificate to WES with my ref number written on it.

Thanks for your prompt response
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 11:42am On Sep 17, 2014
seunlovesa: If one makes payment using a bank draft, how will one get a " signal" that one's draft has been cashed by CIC?
Normally...the bank that made the draft for you should be the one to give you the details of the encashment of the draft.
From experience,our banks are lazy and will sometimes tell you they can't get the details.
Realistically,you can get the information from the bank...insist and insist...they will answer you.
If they don't answer you,you will have to wait for PERS email to be sure.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 12:20pm On Sep 17, 2014
princebimby:
Hello All,
I am gathering my documents under NOC 2281... i believe i still have time.
Secondly can i fax my degree certificate to WES with my ref number written on it.
Thanks for your prompt response
I believe NOC 2281 is still safe for now though I can't give confirmatory details of how safe it is....trust me,Its safe.
I'll prefer you just courier it to WES since they did not specifically listing fax as part of their medium of documents receipts.
Other evaluation bodies may accept it but I think its best to just go by the rules of WES as stated in the attached.
Cheers.

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by eveneky: 1:55pm On Sep 17, 2014
pls house, i need an answer to this question. My WES evaluation report is out and my degree equivalency in canada is (THREE YEARS DIPLOMA) AND ONE YR POST GRADUATE CERTIFICATE. Pls, its this greater than OR equal to canadian degree? my NOC is 1111 AND it required a university degree. Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by princebimby: 2:51pm On Sep 17, 2014
damkollins:
I believe NOC 2281 is still safe for now though I can't give confirmatory details of how safe it is....trust me,Its safe.
I'll prefer you just courier it to WES since they did not specifically listing fax as part of their medium of documents receipts.
Other evaluation bodies may accept it but I think its best to just go by the rules of WES as stated in the attached.
Cheers.

Ok Thanks @damkollins
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tayoamos: 4:50pm On Sep 17, 2014
Thanks house, I want to know which document I have to send to MCC for verification. I have the following;
1) University Certificate of my MBBS
2) Transcript from school
3) Nigerian Medical and Dental Council License

Which should I send for evaluation please
Urgent reply
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 5:14pm On Sep 17, 2014
eveneky: pls house, i need an answer to this question. My WES evaluation report is out and my degree equivalency in canada is (THREE YEARS DIPLOMA) AND ONE YR POST GRADUATE CERTIFICATE. Pls, its this greater than OR equal to canadian degree? my NOC is 1111 AND it required a university degree. Thanks
The education requirement for a profession does not always comes into place here.
What matters is your equivalence to Canadian education.
from the attached,you seems to have a post secondary education of atleast 3 years (or longer) which qualifies you for 21 points.
Your further one year post graduate certificate (assuming/presuming you have evaluated both....yes seems you did) should qualify you for 22 points.
Cheers.

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by orebiyioladapo: 6:39pm On Sep 17, 2014
tayoamos: Thanks house, I want to know which document I have to send to MCC for verification. I have the following;
1) University Certificate of my MBBS
2) Transcript from school
3) Nigerian Medical and Dental Council License

Which should I send for evaluation please
Urgent reply

Notarised copy of you MBBS cerificate would just do.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by jangirova: 8:00pm On Sep 17, 2014
solomonwis:

By including her marriage certificate,you have given an implicit intention to have her name changed(I am not sure of what the name is called in legal terms). This was further buttressed by the fact that qualifications subsequent to her marriage all bear her "new name". You have nothing to worry about,just ensure you at every point include a letter explaining the "discrepancy" backed by the marriage certificate - It is not a discrepancy as such.

The final report (which will most probably focus on her highest qualification) will have the same name as is on the postgraduate qualifications. A newspaper publication stating the particulars of the marriage with "all other documents remain valid" plus the marriage certificate will provide explanation at all times..

Note that no matter the letter you write to WES you most probably might not reverse the name that the ECA result will bear. Nothing cause for alarm..

Thanks Solomonwise,indeed u ar a guru!My wife got her WES report&there was no issue at all with names differential since we included the necessary doc showing her name change.WES did the right thing just as u said.
@ferdimako ...u got us scared with the blame game!

There should be no qualms with evaluating both degrees particularly if ur undergee degree gelled more with ur NOC& u still want to claim 23 point for ur masters educational level.
Cheers..... in damkollins voice.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:05pm On Sep 17, 2014
fuzzyt: Congratulations to me!!! My credit card was charged yesterday Application Date: May 30 NOC: 0113

Congratulations!

I remember the apprehension at the beginning,the fear about using your Pension contributions fund as proof of settlement fund,the fear that you might get cut out by your age,the fear that you might not be favorably considered because you might have to provide a self attested work experience...and so many more

I am happy it came out well....Like I have always mentioned,NOTHING VENTURED NOTHING GAINED...

I wish you the very best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by canadadirect(f): 9:11pm On Sep 17, 2014
papiloski: Hello Mr Solomonwise,I currently work as a customer care rep in a telecomms firm and my Hubby is a brand manager.He did nt study advertising in school but is doing a masters currently in communication studies.i would like to know can we still apply knowing fully well we are not in the field we studied in school.
Both of you are qualified to apply as long as you are graduates with years of work experience, your husband can apply for noc 1123 professionals in advertising and PR.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tayoamos: 9:37pm On Sep 17, 2014
thanks brother orebiyi, having known that i have to send the notorised copy of my MBBS certificate, do i have to scan and send it by e mail or i have to send it parcel by DHL or Courrier
ALso, verification of the MBBS certificate cost 145 dollars, do i also have to pay for the verification on the datapage of my passport and that of the other documents i will be sending wit the notorised MBBS certificate?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:05pm On Sep 17, 2014
jangirova:

Thanks Solomonwise,indeed u ar a guru!My wife got her WES report&there was no issue at all with names differential since we included the necessary doc showing her name change.WES did the right thing just as u said.
@ferdimako ...u got us scared with the blame game!

There should be no qualms with evaluating both degrees particularly if ur undergee degree gelled more with ur NOC& u still want to claim 23 point for ur masters educational level.
Cheers..... in damkollins voice.
I judged based on what u stated. The important thing is u are safe. Abi? Equivalent Masters give all the 23 points.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:08pm On Sep 17, 2014
tayoamos: thanks brother orebiyi, having known that i have to send the notorised copy of my MBBS certificate, do i have to scan and send it by e mail or i have to send it parcel by DHL or Courrier
ALso, verification of the MBBS certificate cost 145 dollars, do i also have to pay for the verification on the datapage of my passport and that of the other documents i will be sending wit the notorised MBBS certificate?
Old boy, u dey study anything at all? grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bees74: 10:13pm On Sep 17, 2014
Hello all
Pls i have some questions
In calculating total years of education,do i add nursery or i just do 6+6+5 total 17years

Do my current occupation need to be among the 50 occupations or i can write whatever i am doing. And must it match my job title?
Example current occupation i s registered nurse/midwife with job title nursing officer while intended is just registered nurse noc3012.pls how do i put it

Does my spouses intended occupation on the generic form need to be among the 50 occupations?

On the generic form on the column for spoken language and correspondence language,what do i fill for my 2 year old? Not applicable or english
Thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:35pm On Sep 17, 2014
bees74: Hello all
Pls i have some questions
In calculating total years of education,do i add nursery or i just do 6+6+5 total 17years

Do my current occupation need to be among the 50 occupations or i can write whatever i am doing. And must it match my job title?
Example current occupation i s registered nurse/midwife with job title nursing officer while intended is just registered nurse noc3012.pls how do i put it

Does my spouses intended occupation on the generic form need to be among the 50 occupations?

On the generic form on the column for spoken language and correspondence language,what do i fill for my 2 year old? Not applicable or english
Thanks in advance

Before responding,let me ask...Have you read through the thread at all?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Ekpekus1: 11:47pm On Sep 17, 2014
ferdimako:
Old boy, u dey study anything at all? grin

He want everything served! Make we assist am na.

tayoamos: thanks brother orebiyi, having known that i have to send the notorised copy of my MBBS certificate, do i have to scan and send it by e mail or i have to send it parcel by DHL or Courrier
You pay for only the MBBS certificate you are verifying. The copy of your passport data page you won't pay for that. Don't forget to add the cover letter for the passport, your MBBS certificate and Confirmation of Identity page when sending your document.
By the way, you send the documents via courier services and not email.
@Amos I will strongly advice that you read the mcc website and physiciansapply.ca website then read this thread for proper understanding.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tayoamos: 5:22am On Sep 18, 2014
Thank u and God bless u
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by unibadan(m): 8:33am On Sep 18, 2014
solomonwis:

Congratulations!

I remember the apprehension at the beginning,the fear about using your Pension contributions fund as proof of settlement fund,the fear that you might get cut out by your age,the fear that you might not be favorably considered because you might have to provide a self attested work experience...and so many more

I am happy it came out well....Like I have always mentioned,NOTHING VENTURED NOTHING GAINED...

I wish you the very best!

If i am to get you right Solomwise, that means someone can use his/her pension contributions as POF

I think my shares value will scale through at CIC but will have provide money value in my bank account once it gets to Accra.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (322)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.