Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,671 members, 7,823,897 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (829262 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by lollipop29: 9:18pm On Sep 19, 2014
@damkollins. Your answer is so explicit. Thanks a million. I'm most grateful.

If you can as well, please interpret this ielts score;

Listening 7
Reading 7.5
Writing 7.5
Speaking 7

Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 9:22pm On Sep 19, 2014
solomonwis:

Let us be objective and realistic like the guys in CIC.....

For some reasons (one of which was stated above),there might be circumstances where an applicant is not able to secure a work reference...The reasons are so numerous and genuine that any sane mind will understand with a letter stating the reason(s).

Having said the above,it was stated on the checklist that should situation arise where any document is not available a letter should be included to explain the reason(s). To give this "letter" a little legal backing,it is always better to state the reason under oath (affidavit) and produce as much information as available that will cover for the work reference...such as the employment letter,confirmation of appointment letter,promotion letter,annual leave letter,payslip/pay stub and any correspondence affirming your work experience at the time...sometimes,it is better to approach an ex-colleague (a senior colleague at the time) to include his contact details and confirming that he/she was your line head or supervisor and you carried out the main duties as stated at the time.... The onus is on the applicant to prove beyond doubt that indeed he/she worked in a company....

Again,all of your employers (if you worked in different places) are not expected to be reluctant in issuing you work reference else you will succeed in raising suspicion which will cast aspersion on your application and it might be rejected if care if not taken.

Some of the employers might have a policy of issuing a work reference letter in the company's standard format which may not include all the details as expected by CIC. In this case,include all of the aforementioned documents with particular attention to the document that show the details of your main duties..

Even with people who provided work reference from their employers,some of them had their applications returned because it did not include the main duties that align with their eligible occupation...

There is no cause for alarm if all I's are dotted and all T's crossed with self attested work reference....Bottom line is,include all the information that is expected in the work reference and confirming that you indeed worked with an employer....

Thanks for that reply Oga Solo. Based on the generation of suspicion that you said in your post above, I'm a bit worried that I will not be submitting a letter of reference for a place I worked previously. Although I am safe with my points (same as Benedictegbon) even when I don't include the reference letter for that period of work.

Please just say something. grin
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bees74: 9:31pm On Sep 19, 2014
loriaidah: Pls am new and I need some informations. Nurses are not applying or they don't want to share?I read that RN/RM were been evaluated as hospital study and training.so which NOC can you apply for. Urgent pls
Nurses are applying o.yes that is how RN is evaluated by wes but as i learnt also on this thread write the noc code that matches your present duties regardless of the evaluation.the equivalent of what your diploma can do in canada is left to the licensing body of the province you are planning to work.therefore you can go ahead and write RN.JUST make sure your duties match their RN.hope this helps.other experts can advice

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bal2012002(m): 9:46pm On Sep 19, 2014
lollipop29: @damkollins. Your answer is so explicit. Thanks a million. I'm most grateful.

Listening 7
Reading 7.5
Writing 7.5
Speaking 7

Thanks

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 19, 2014
bees74:
Nurses are applying o.yes that is how RN is evaluated by wes but as i learnt also on this thread write the noc code that matches your present duties regardless of the evaluation.the equivalent of what your diploma can do in canada is left to the licensing body of the province you are planning to work.therefore you can go ahead and write RN.JUST make sure your duties match their RN.hope this helps.other experts can advice
Are RN & RM equivalent to Canadian B.Sc or diploma to secure 21 or 19 points? Let people not be cut off points oh.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:27pm On Sep 19, 2014
Meritl:

Thanks for that reply Oga Solo. Based on the generation of suspicion that you said in your post above, I'm a bit worried that I will not be submitting a letter of reference for a place I worked previously. Although I am safe with my points (same as Benedictegbon) even when I don't include the reference letter for that period of work.

Please just say something. grin

No point including a self attested work reference when you are sure you already meet the minimum score point of 67.The self attested work reference is basically for people who for one genuine reason or the other are not able to provide work place reference which will impact on their application with CIC.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 10:44pm On Sep 19, 2014
lollipop29: @damkollins. Your answer is so explicit. Thanks a million. I'm most grateful.

Listening 7
Reading 7.5
Writing 7.5
Speaking 7

Thanks
22points .
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 11:03pm On Sep 19, 2014
solomonwis:

No point including a self attested work reference when you are sure you already meet the minimum score point of 67.The self attested work reference is basically for people who for one genuine reason or the other are not able to provide work place reference which will impact on their application with CIC.

Muchas Gracais!!!!!!!!
Thanks.
Been busy with things for 2 these days. It delayed my submission for tomorrow Saturday. We dey shoot concerning wifey things sha. CIC nor disturb us.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by beaurydoc: 11:09pm On Sep 19, 2014
Ekpekus:
Go to the www.mcc.ca website or www.physicianapply.ca. There you will be requested to pay a certain amount of money to register. Then proceed to do your verification. i must say at this juncture, reading carefully through the site will help a lot. if you are having difficulty, with navigating the site, be free to ask question here as personal correspondence is been discouraged so that others can learn facing similar challenges.

Thanks I ve gotten to the point where they demanded for money ,just want to be double sure someone has gone through the same route before I pay,thanks,but is that all dt is to be paid,how mush is the total sum for the verifications.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by scrollmeout(m): 11:23pm On Sep 19, 2014
Meritl:

Muchas Gracais!!!!!!!!
Thanks.
Been busy with things for 2 these days. It delayed my submission for tomorrow Saturday. We dey shoot concerning wifey things sha. CIC nor disturb us.

@Merit aka Sharpshooter. Just to encourage you to try and your app as soon as u can, of course after rigorous double checking. Remember its a queue, first come first served. All the best brother. wink
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 11:40pm On Sep 19, 2014
scrollmeout:

@Merit aka Sharpshooter. Just to encourage you to try and your app as soon as u can, of course after rigorous double checking. Remember its a queue, first come first served. All the best brother. wink

Thanks Man.
Will be doing that next week (Saturday) by God's grace.
Na true for the queue things.
Its the draft that's delaying me. GTB initially rejected my DOM account opening due to references issues. Finally got it today( Friday).
Will do the funding on Monday and send the app to CIC latest Saturday.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tayoamos: 8:19am On Sep 20, 2014
beaurydoc:

Thanks I ve gotten to the point where they demanded for money ,just want to be double sure someone has gone through the same route before I pay,thanks,but is that all dt is to be paid,how mush is the total sum for the verifications.
are u a medical doctor, if so, u will pay almost 500 Canadian dollars, 260 for registration , 145 for each doc verification, 95 for eca..... All these u will pay with either a MasterCard or visa card. Are u clear?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by DoubleBam2X: 8:22am On Sep 20, 2014
Hi dudes,
does anyone know whether or not CIC requests another copy of education evaluation from WES? If yes, what is the applicant's commitment in this?
Thanks for responding as always.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 8:38am On Sep 20, 2014
DoubleBam2X: Hi dudes,
does anyone know whether or not CIC requests another copy of education evaluation from WES? If yes, what is the applicant's commitment in this?
Thanks for responding as always.
CIC only have an online portal with all the evaluation bodies through which they can confirm the authenticity of the evaluations without necessarily obtaining another original copy .The only commitment applicants have is to send his or her original ECA evaluation with the application package at the submission stage.....nothing more.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tayoamos: 9:01am On Sep 20, 2014
But house, I want to ask , can a medical doctor applying for the FSW start a fresh application, considering the time duration that the MCC will veryfy the MBBS certificate. Can a doctor start a fresh application from now? Can such doctor still meet up with the deadline please ?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by DoubleBam2X: 9:32am On Sep 20, 2014
Thanks @damkollins,
Do I need to make another payment to WES for CIC to access this online portal? I am asking because I got a message from WES which suggests something like that and I've not heard anybody talk about this.
Thanks

damkollins:
CIC only have an online portal with all the evaluation bodies through which they can confirm the authenticity of the evaluations without necessarily obtaining another original copy .The only commitment applicants have is to send his or her original ECA evaluation with the application package at the submission stage.....nothing more.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 12:54pm On Sep 20, 2014
DoubleBam2X: Thanks @damkollins,
Do I need to make another payment to WES for CIC to access this online portal? I am asking because I got a message from WES which suggests something like that and I've not heard anybody talk about this.
Thanks
[b]From the look of your request ,it seems to me that you did not pick the FSW ECA ( http://www.wes.org/ca/fswp/index.asp) for your evaluation with respect to the link involved ........maybe you used this link(https://www.wes.org/ca/apply/createaccount.asp?loc=onlineapp) of basic Canadian evaluation to process your documents .The FSW package stores your evaluation details online for CIC to check and confirm while CIC does not have the capacity to view any details with basic evaluation.
FSW package is called FSWP online application evaluation package while the basic evaluation is known as Standard online application evaluation package which i think is what you did.I want to believe you have submitted your application package to CIC already and they are already doing initial assessment of your documents which is why CIC have contacted WES to view your evaluation and subsequently ,WES contacted youth upgrade to FSW P online application evaluation package to make it visible to CIC.
In doing this ,you have to shoulder the cost to make it visible online to CIC since you were not careful enough during WES application to pick the right evaluation package for what you needed.
Please kindly respond affirmatively to WES email to you so that your application package will pass the initial assessment positively with CIC .........pay the cash via your account as soon as possible.
Cheers.[/b]
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by beaurydoc: 7:17pm On Sep 20, 2014
tayoamos:
are u a medical doctor, if so, u will pay almost 500 Canadian dollars, 260 for registration , 145 for each doc verification, 95 for eca..... All these u will pay with either a MasterCard or visa card. Are u clear?

yes I am and thnks for the info.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by DoubleBam2X: 9:17pm On Sep 20, 2014
Thanks alot. I will do just that.

damkollins:
[b]From the look of your request ,it seems to me that you did not pick the FSW ECA ( http://www.wes.org/ca/fswp/index.asp) for your evaluation with respect to the link involved ........maybe you used this link(https://www.wes.org/ca/apply/createaccount.asp?loc=onlineapp) of basic Canadian evaluation to process your documents .The FSW package stores your evaluation details online for CIC to check and confirm while CIC does not have the capacity to view any details with basic evaluation.
FSW package is called FSWP online application evaluation package while the basic evaluation is known as Standard online application evaluation package which i think is what you did.I want to believe you have submitted your application package to CIC already and they are already doing initial assessment of your documents which is why CIC have contacted WES to view your evaluation and subsequently ,WES contacted youth upgrade to FSW P online application evaluation package to make it visible to CIC.
In doing this ,you have to shoulder the cost to make it visible online to CIC since you were not careful enough during WES application to pick the right evaluation package for what you needed.
Please kindly respond affirmatively to WES email to you so that your application package will pass the initial assessment positively with CIC .........pay the cash via your account as soon as possible.
Cheers.[/b]
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by omasa: 9:31pm On Sep 20, 2014
Pls help me out wit this.I have all my documents ready for submission but the only issue I have is that one of my last employers gave me work experience letter which only states the period I worked with them.my employment letter already states my benefits and job description.was wondering if I can jst submit it like that.or do I still attach a letter explaining why the exp letter doesn't hav the details requested.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Garykasparov: 9:32pm On Sep 20, 2014
damkollins:
How dis you submit your transcript ?
Did you follow WES directives ?
When your documents get cancelled ,it simply means the document received is not acceptable because it does not meet WES document requirements. You must resubmit the required document(s) as specified. Please review the document requirements as it applies to your person.
How did you submit ?
Cheers

@damkollins @solomonwis
Pls help below is the message I just received from WES
I feel really devastated, after spending so much on this.
What do I do next?!

"We have received and reviewed the documents that were submitted to WES for
credential evaluation. We regret to inform you that WES does not have
sufficient and reliable information at this time to evaluate academic
records from Madonna University, Nigeria. Therefore, your application has
been cancelled.

All academic records on file will be discarded and you will be fully
refunded $299.45.  If you paid by credit card, your account will be
refunded immediately.  In all other cases a check will be mailed to you
within four weeks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by shabbey09: 11:22pm On Sep 20, 2014
WES is not the only accredited body that does credential assesment. I think u can send a mail to each and confirm that that they can do certification for your school before sending your credentials. U can search for the bodies or wait for Damkollins to reply, he has once posted the link to the accredited bodies.

Garykasparov:

@damkollins @solomonwis
What do I do next?!

been cancelled.

within four weeks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 11:47pm On Sep 20, 2014
Garykasparov:

@damkollins @solomonwis
What do I do next?!

been cancelled.

within four weeks.
This means that WES have not yet started evaluating degree certificates from Madonna University just like university of portharcourt too.
Please try other evaluating bodyes in the link below either CES or ICAS
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp
Start as fast as possible.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Phemmie72: 12:38am On Sep 21, 2014
@damkollins @solomonwis

My husband decided to use me as the principal applicant for because, I have been in Federal Government employment for over 7 years while he has been into his personal business for several years too, both of us fall under NOC 1123 Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations.

My questions:

1. Can my spouse support me with his statements of accounts in addition with my salary and personal accounts as POF?
2. Can property, cars, that bears both of us names be also presented in addition with statements of accounts as POF?
3. Is there any need for my spouse to present any evidence of his personal business in the application process?
4 Can I be sent any link where I could learn more on IETLS exams, questions?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 3:03am On Sep 21, 2014
damkollins:
This means that WES have not yet started evaluating degree certificates from Madonna University just like university of portharcourt too.
Please try other evaluating bodyes in the link below either CES or ICAS
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp
Start as fast as possible.
Cheers.

Don't give up friend!
Just follow the advice of Damkollins by trying CES or ICAS.
As king Solo The Wise one says "Nothing ventured,nothing gained....!Be positive minded...

I wish you luck!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 4:14am On Sep 21, 2014
Phemmie72: @damkollins @solomonwis
My husband decided to use me as the principal applicant for because, I have been in Federal Government employment for over 7 years while he has been into his personal business for several years too, both of us fall under NOC 1123 Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations.
My questions:
1. Can my spouse support me with his statements of accounts in addition with my salary and personal accounts as POF?
2. Can property, cars, that bears both of us names be also presented in addition with statements of accounts as POF?
3. Is there any need for my spouse to present any evidence of his personal business in the application process?
4 Can I be sent any link where I could learn more on IETLS exams, questions?
Thanks.
1.Yes ....the evidence of your POF can be in your name or in conjunction with your spouse inform of separate accounts or even joint account.
2.They may be best considered as assets.Your evidence of your POF should be in fund that is unencumbered so you should be slightly careful.
3.Apart from your spouse inform filling his own job details in his personal information question of the background declaration form,he doesn't needmto included any evidence regarding it.
4.You can drop your email address here ....the materials will be forwarded to you.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by canadadirect(f): 4:53am On Sep 21, 2014

Listening 7
Reading 7.5
Writing 7.5
Speaking 7

Thanks

L-4
R-6
W-6
S-6
=22
congrats
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by canadadirect(f): 5:06am On Sep 21, 2014
omasa: Pls help me out wit this.I have all my documents ready for submission but the only issue I have is that one of my last employers gave me work experience letter which only states the period I worked with them.my employment letter already states my benefits and job description.was wondering if I can jst submit it like that.or do I still attach a letter explaining why the exp letter doesn't hav the details requested.

if you are claiming points for this noc u dont have the requested letter, i suggest u look for a supervisor in dt place who is close to u and can sign a well detailed exp letter for u or u can also do a list of all ur duties that match d noc on a plain sheet and do a self attested affidavit of ur job duties attach d two with d letter given to u and explain in a letter why u dont have it.
goodluck
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by olami101: 11:09am On Sep 21, 2014
pls house,an agent is telling me dt if i dont do IELT exam,and pass d english n assesment,i can not start d process of application for citizenship based on fed skilled worker n am goin to pay huge sum of monie,pls i need more enlightenment in dis regard to process my applicatn so dt i will not be a victim of dis man who want to extort me,u can pm me if u hav important info for me cos i need it now.....thank u my green house menber.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by sreenivas23: 12:49pm On Sep 21, 2014
Hi damkollins,
Thanks for the reply. I was in dilemma whether to send the transcripts or not to WES for verification, till I got the reply the from you side. I will plan to courier my documents to WES by today or tomorrow.

The university details what I have given are not saved properly. This forced me to post a query.

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (322)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.