Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,266 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari (26490 Views)

APC Meeting To Pick Buhari’s Vice Ends In Deadlocked / APC Yet To Pick Buhari’s Running Mate / 2015: PDP Will Walk Over APC If They Pick Buhari – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by idriis: 4:34pm On May 05, 2013
Omo_Tier1: [size=14pt]Why is it that each time BUHARI's name is mentioned as a possible Presidential candidate for APC, PDP lapdogs go dey sweat for "brocus" [/size] cool

Hmmm, is a *******BUHARI/FASHOLA****** ticket in the offering cool
Yes Boss! cool

Sai Buhari!
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by EkoIle1: 4:34pm On May 05, 2013
Prof Corruption: The news is false. It's just a speculative item echoing popular sentiment and hoping to get some feedback. Tribune is the propaganda mouthpiece of PDP in SW.

Anyway, Buhari's popularity in the North is unshakable. He won convincingly in Core North in 2011 and the incumbent president has not been able to break into such regions. With the poor handling of Boko Haram issue, GEJ chances of even picking 25% in those core northern states are quite poor.

Two, the sentiments that drove electorate to vote GEJ-let's help minority, let's reward Niger Delta, Let's vote a PhD into office, Let's this man bring good luck, let's vote a humble man-are no longer present. Such perceptions are now replaced with that of corrupt, clueless, incompetent and unfortunately tribal leader. Sentiments are no longer in his favor. His performance is beyond failure, he's simply a non-starter.

The political configuration has also changed with ACN's dominance in the West becoming more and more unshakable relative to pre-2011 permutations. Even the East though still pro-GEJ is not as solid relative to 2011. A good vice presidential candidate who is popular in the South is now what is needed to make such ticket more meaningful. With southern sitting governors, political heavy weights following Buhari to campaign in the South and deploying resources to that end, the results ll certainly be different this time. The electoral liability of a man who has contested three times is not high. There's nothing new to use against Buhari that perhaps has not been heard before.

Will the ticket and by extension the candidates solve our problems? It's too early to tell. Cabinet composition and a number of other factors can give a pointer to that end. The opposition is now closer to Aso Rock more than ever before.

PS
A political party is more interested in who can win elections than who can perform in office. I would have preferred a Fasola/Oshiomole ticket but such can not win election in Nigeria. The best bet to electoral victory is Buhari with a popular candidate in the South.

Very good analysis..

1 Like

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Ejine(m): 4:37pm On May 05, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
What is progressive in choosing a 70 something years old man? The proponent of this merger party are indeed sick, bereft of any progressive tendencies if Buhari is their candidate. Even my dog knows that Buhari is an expired product, who cannot win election in Nigeria of today.

I can safely conclude that PDP and by extension Jonathan(sic) is going to remain in Aso Rock come 2015. indeed this is another political blunder and harakiri by the oppositions. So they'll print posters with Buhari for president in 2015? smh!

Rhino.5dm's account has been hacked!
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by sambass(m): 4:38pm On May 05, 2013
Can't igbo person b president in Nigeria? Dis marginalization is 2much. Every TIME wot u will be hearing is buhari or fashola or oshomole. Why can't it be peter obi or ekwueme or ngige or even me SAMBASS. Nawa ooo
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by ocelot2006(m): 4:40pm On May 05, 2013
Thanks A.C.N . You just made VERY EASY for PDP. Here's a handkerchief for the general. He'll need it grin
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by sambass(m): 4:45pm On May 05, 2013
Can't igbo person b president in Nigeria? Dis marginalization is 2much. Every TIME wot u will be hearing is buhari or fashola or oshomole. Why can't it be peter obi or ekwueme or ngige or even me SAMBASS. Nawa oooCan't igbo person b president in Nigeria? Dis marginalization is 2much. Every TIME wot u will be hearing is buhari or fashola or oshomole. Why can't it be peter obi or ekwueme or ngige or even me SAMBASS. Nawa oooCan't igbo person b president in Nigeria? Dis marginalization is 2much. Every TIME wot u will be hearing is buhari or fashola or oshomole. Why can't it be peter obi or ekwueme or ngige or even me SAMBASS. Nawa ooo
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by OneNaira6: 4:50pm On May 05, 2013
Watch as i predict the future.

Buhari under APC lost yet again and GEJ won.

WTF is wrong with this merger party? A man that've lost multiple times is who u pick. smh. GEJ would send una a gift basket after the election. una just made his reelection easier for him
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by lovejo(m): 4:51pm On May 05, 2013
Toktee: Wake up man,Robert mugabi iz older than buhari,italian prime minister iz older than buhari,indian prime minister iz older than buhari,how old was mandela wen he became s/african president;wakeup bro we need a leader that iz capable of redirecting the ship of thiz great country toward the promised land,the picture is there for you to see what a young man has done to thiz country,he promised minimun wage but paid it with subsidy removal,promised to fight corruption but grant pardon to looters etc......................church tins on my mind,later pls

All those you have mentioned are not a serial loser like Buhari, i'm independent observer, but any ticket in APC without Fashola won't justify the merging, it wil lead to political suicide for the yorubas
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by samsy5460(m): 4:52pm On May 05, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
What is progressive in choosing a 70 something years old man? The proponent of this merger party are indeed sick, bereft of any progressive tendencies if Buhari is their candidate. Even my dog knows that Buhari is an expired product, who cannot win election in Nigeria of today.

I can safely conclude that PDP and by extension Jonathan(sic) is going to remain in Aso Rock come 2015. indeed this is another political blunder and harakiri by the oppositions. So they'll print posters with Buhari for president in 2015? smh!
.....and then we have a loser!!!!!
Lets wait for the winner!!!
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by curtain: 4:59pm On May 05, 2013
Na LAUGH i still dey LAUGH o! .............. Pls BURARI CHOOSE BASKET MOUTH OR I GO DIE AS UR RUNNING MATE.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by EkoIle1: 4:59pm On May 05, 2013
lovejo:

All those you have mentioned are not a serial loser like Buhari, i'm independent observer, but any ticket in APC without Fashola won't justify the merging, it wil lead to political suicide for the yorubas

While I agree with you about fashola, same goes for buhari so ultimately, it should be Buhari/Fashola..
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Jilo83(m): 5:05pm On May 05, 2013
Speculation. Party structure is our concern now.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by lovejo(m): 5:10pm On May 05, 2013
Eko Ile:

While I agree with you about fashola, same goes for buhari so ultimately, it should be Buhari/Fashola..

Justify reason why he should be Buhari/ Fashola, i'm not saying AC/APC have muslims agenda, but they have not promote any christian to a specific position in case of time like this. Ekiti is predominant muslim state and that is why Fayemi is a christian cos no muslim candidate to use and they have Ngige, but i don't think he can put enough weight cos I would have prefer Fashola/Ngige ticket, but since a northerner should be the presidential aspirant, I would be waiting for the ticket from APC.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by muktarmtt(m): 5:11pm On May 05, 2013
djon78: the main issue is that APC is a marriage of strange bedellows, infact there are many battles that will be fought, especially about who controls the party btw Asiwaju and the Northern wing represented by Buhari, infact this will be the main battle and my instinct tells me Asiwaju being a very smart politician will win the battle and maybe someone like fashola or oshiomole will emerge as presiden. With this scenario APC can win the presidency but if they put any aboki as flagbearer, they will not win because of what their bokoharam has done to this country.
U r d mumu of d first oder making dis kind of analysis u most tink wit ur anus aboki dnt pass ur level jst seat down nd see
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by anataala: 5:16pm On May 05, 2013
eGuerrilla: This is not a wise decision, in my opinion.
But I will hold off from making any further comments till there is confirmation from a different source, as I simply don't trust the tribune any longer.
AND WHO IS BEGGING FOR UR TRUST
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by ajufinz(m): 5:18pm On May 05, 2013
With or without rigging 2015 will come and pass...
A Nigerian who is relevant to demands of our unity and future shall emerge.
No man is the answer to Nigeria's troubles.... No Man!!!
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Nobody: 5:21pm On May 05, 2013
Eko Ile:

Very good analysis..
Buari will win unless PDP fields another northerner to counter him. Even then it will be so hard for d PDP
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by OsunOriginal: 5:26pm On May 05, 2013
Michaeljones36:

Buhari will NEVER be the APC canidate.

What concerns a pdp member in who APC picks as its candidate?

Tell us who you want APC to choose, PDP sr. Adviser on opposition.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by yeboyes: 5:34pm On May 05, 2013
OP:

Sources close to some meetings held between 30 April and 1 May by top leaders of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) and the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) hinted that the leaders had resolved that Buhari remained the most sellable of the presidential hopefuls within the party.

[size=15pt]That is the problem with this country everyone and everything is for sale.Potential Presidential candidates do not want to lead Nigeria to greatness,they just want to attain power,steal public funds and belong to the elitist cabal.How about selecting a Presidential candidate because he the best man for job and not the most sellable candidate. APC will not fare better than PDP as long as people like Tinubu and Okorocha are part of the party.[/size]
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by prettyboi1(m): 5:42pm On May 05, 2013
I just went on my knees & said "Thank You Jesus." Buhari is the man to make this country work at this point in time. By the Grace of God,I would definitely vote him. GEJ & his gang of corrupt thieves should be kicked out in 2015. We are tired of their inefficient,directionless & clueless government that always chooses to divide Nigerians by playing religious & ethnic cards.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Nobody: 5:46pm On May 05, 2013
Why not fashola/buhari?
Or is fashola not more qualified than buhari?afterall obamas vp is much older than obama.cant buhari support a much younger,vibrant candidate?
Eko Ile:

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by yeboyes: 5:55pm On May 05, 2013
Eko Ile:

[size=15pt]I actually disagree with both of you. APC will stand a better chance if they bring entirely new faces,people with no baggage.The best for the APC is to go and Hausa /Igbo candidate WHO WILL PERFORM or Yoruba /Igbo set of candidates.[/size]
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by PointB: 5:57pm On May 05, 2013
The only way I see this ending for the allegedly tuberculosis infected 73 year old fanatic, Gen MumuNmadu Buhari, is him bursting in tears and going to court. Simple.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by maik: 6:01pm On May 05, 2013
Buhari again! you are going to discourage Nigerians from voting in 2015. I think APC should look for a fresh candidte if they are willing to win 2015 election. I am very sure that most Nigerians will prefer to vote for PDP instead of Buhari.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Orikinla(m): 6:04pm On May 05, 2013
Majority of people here are annoyingly ignorant of facts of the last presidential election that Buhari would have won if the PDP did not rig and bought over the ACN, except in Osun and deceived APGA with the lie that President Goodluck Jonathan will do only a single term.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by mbulela: 6:10pm On May 05, 2013
yeboyes:

[size=15pt]I actually disagree with both of you. APC will stand a better chance if they bring entirely new faces,people with no baggage.The best for the APC is to go and Hausa /Igbo candidate WHO WILL PERFORM or Yoruba /Igbo set of candidates.[/size]
I campaigned for Buhari during the last election but if APC can do no better in 2015, then not only will i dissociate myself from the process but i will find a good drama series to occupy my time on the day of election.
Voting for Jonathan is out of it for any one with a living conscience. So it is left to APC to refresh the polity with some new faces.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Dreal1247: 6:15pm On May 05, 2013
enigma_otr: I'll vote for if Buhari is the man. I don't care if the man is old, or a northerner, i'll vote for him. I even want to see a person from another party being the president. Even if it is for a minute, buhari will rule this country once again.
Continue dreaming. When you wake up, u will face the reality. Buhari CAN NEVER RULE Nigeria again.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Ogadtop(m): 6:19pm On May 05, 2013
lakhadimar: AS FAR AS I AM CONCERND APC, PDP, CPC, DPP, APGA, RPG, BSC, NTA, LLB, LP, HIV, ARE ALL ONE AND THE SAME THEY ARE ALL THIEVES. IS BUHARI EVEN THE BEST MAN FOR THE JOB? NIGERIA NEEDS FRESH BLOOD AND FRESH IDEA IN ITS POLITICAL TERRAIN, NOT ALL THESE OLD ROGUES
yes nigeria need fresh blood, but these fresh blood(you and i) are hidding behind keyboard. Do you know how many lives that have been lost because of politics?do you know the risk these so called politicians are taking? How many of the needed fresh blood do come out to face the challenge these old men are facing. Farouk is young and energetic.are the young and fresh blood not as corrupt as the old ones? If buhari is the only candidate apc can come up with,why not? Do you know the number of permutation and combinations they must have made to come up with him? You and i sit behind computer blaming the effort of these gentle men.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by 2million1(m): 6:21pm On May 05, 2013
berem: I wonder how age has become a factor for becoming a president. Jonathan who is in his 50's, what has he done so far for the country? what has people like Dimeji Bankole, Farouk Lawan etc who i believe are in their 40's impacted in the lives of the Nigerian youth? Absolutely nothing! Corruption knows no age. Buhari should be given the opportunity to rule this country. Who cares if he is 100years? what Nigerians want is a true leader who will liberate this country from the hands of PDP.

SAI BUHARI 2015!
...ehmmm...all this Buhari this, Buhari that you guys are writing all over the thread, what did he achieve when he was military president?
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Nobody: 6:24pm On May 05, 2013
the idea that the only person who can lead Nigerians to defeat PDP is a 73yr old former Dictator is the most defeatist thing I have heard.

I always knew in 2011 that GEJ's administration will be a 4yr transition in which nothing can be achieved. APC can make this transition an 8yr period by picking Buhari again if they like.

The choice is yours APC

1 Like

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Nobody: 6:25pm On May 05, 2013
all followers of buhari, asiwaju, cpc,acn, anpp et al pls. tell the aforementioned that plitics is not what?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Buhari Calling Jonathan “Clueless” Over Insecurity In 2013 (Video) / Obaseki Bans APC From Campaigning On Billboards In Edo State / Police Use Live Bullets To Disperse Protesting Youths In Kaduna. (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.