Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,260 members, 7,818,886 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari (26496 Views)

APC Meeting To Pick Buhari’s Vice Ends In Deadlocked / APC Yet To Pick Buhari’s Running Mate / 2015: PDP Will Walk Over APC If They Pick Buhari – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Dreal1247: 6:28pm On May 05, 2013
enigma_otr: I'll vote for if Buhari is the man. I don't care if the man is old, or a northerner, i'll vote for him. I even want to see a person from another party being the president. Even if it is for a minute, buhari will rule this country once again.
Continue dreaming. When you wake up, u will face the reality. Buhari CAN NEVER RULE Nigeria again, maybe only in ur dream.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by me1234: 6:29pm On May 05, 2013
This is a disaster for cpc.meanwhile, when people say Fashola or Oshomole should represent the party for the presidential election i laugh because these men are only popular in lagos and Edo states they are not popular in the north and cannot win a national election.that been said cpc should reconsider the candidature of Buhari.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Demdem(m): 6:29pm On May 05, 2013
Excellent choice if true. The end of foolishness in governance as epitomised by the retardeen is surely near.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Nobody: 6:33pm On May 05, 2013
naptu2: I still think that the best strategy for the APC is to do what Obasanjo did. They shouldn't reveal their cards too soon, but rather they should wait until late 2014 to reveal the identity of their candidate.

Whoever is selected should expect to come under awesome pressure from the incumbent.

That's true. 2015 is still very far. There is a whole year in between and a lot can still happen. The news is speculative.

In a coded language, choosing a candidate now is helping PDP to manage its internal crises.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Demdem(m): 6:35pm On May 05, 2013
yeboyes:

[size=15pt]I actually disagree with both of you. APC will stand a better chance if they bring entirely new faces,people with no baggage.The best for the APC is to go and Hausa /Igbo candidate WHO WILL PERFORM or Yoruba /Igbo set of candidates.[/size]

U make me laugh. So u think new faces with no baggage will win elections in Nigeria of today. grin grin
We are talking of defeating the killer party, its no kids play young man.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by myola(m): 6:35pm On May 05, 2013
My gross against buhari then was his regime canceled free éstablished free education in the southwest instead of expanding same to other parts of the country, it affected some of us the depended on free education then, lot of students couldn't continued and fell out. That is part of what is still affecting the north up till now. Even when he has the opportunity has chairman of PTF was there any improvement in education status of the north ? So the question is what did he do with TPF opportunity to better the life of the north in particular and Nigeria in general. IBB Made sure Idiagbon wasn't arround before they stricked knowing fully well Buhari wouldn't be any issue for them, just to show you he was not a strong leader then. Between Buhari and Idiagbon you will see Idiagbon more principled than Buhari, Buhari was just head of state because hausa/fulani believed it is their birthright to rule us. Tinubu is just taking us back to internal colonization again with this marger, because all what northerners are looking for is just to get the power back.
I rest my case and stand to be corrected
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Nobody: 6:37pm On May 05, 2013
keep deluding yourselves.
Goddex: Buhari without Idiagbon is like a car without engine. Buhari was a figure head president. He is a woman and very clueless. He does not have an idea of how to move this country forward. That he is popular among the uneducated Almajiris in the north is a non issue. Jonathan will beat him hands down in 2015, sorry to all of you haters.

A 73yr old that admitted he could not operate a simple computer system in 2011. He will cry again.q
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Demdem(m): 6:38pm On May 05, 2013
2 million: ...ehmmm...all this Buhari this, Buhari that you guys are writing all over the thread, what did he achieve when he was military president?

Ask ur parents or better still use nairaland search engine. How many times do we want to talk about this.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by bongila(f): 6:46pm On May 05, 2013
Abegi make I hear word jare!! I am dumbfounded really,Buhari? Like seriously?
Anyone else but him,he is hell bent on ruling this country and I'll keep praying his attemps will always come to nought. Can't he rest? He isn't no messiah,he just wants another chance to steal more money before travelling to the great beyond.
Buhari,prepare your house,set your affairs in order and wait for the great call. Leave this country alone. Believe me,we will do better without you!
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Bobandgreat: 6:47pm On May 05, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]
Prof Corruption: The news is false. It's just a speculative item echoing popular sentiment and hoping to get some feedback. Tribune is the propaganda mouthpiece of PDP in SW.

Anyway, Buhari's popularity in the North is unshakable. He won convincingly in Core North in 2011 and the incumbent president has not been able to break into such regions. With the poor handling of Boko Haram issue, GEJ chances of even picking 25% in those core northern states are quite poor.

Two, the sentiments that drove electorate to vote GEJ-let's help minority, let's reward Niger Delta, Let's vote a PhD into office, Let's this man bring good luck, let's vote a humble man-are no longer present. Such perceptions are now replaced with that of corrupt, clueless, incompetent and unfortunately tribal leader. Sentiments are no longer in his favor. His performance is beyond failure, he's simply a non-starter.
P
The political configuration has also changed with ACN's dominance in the West becoming more and more unshakable relative to pre-2011 permutations. Even the East though still pro-GEJ is not as solid relative to 2011. A good vice presidential candidate who is popular in the South is now what is needed to make such ticket more meaningful. With southern sitting governors, political heavy weights following Buhari to campaign in the South and deploying resources to that end, the results ll certainly be different this time. The electoral liability of a man who has contested three times is not high. There's nothing new to use against Buhari that perhaps has not been heard before.

Will the ticket and by extension the candidates solve our problems? It's too early to tell. Cabinet composition and a number of other factors can give a pointer to that end. The opposition is now closer to Aso Rock more than ever before.

PS
A political party is more interested in who can win elections than who can perform in office. I would have preferred a Fasola/Oshiomole ticket but such can not win election in Nigeria. The best bet to electoral victory is Buhari with a popular candidate in the South.

Ur name explains ur mindset. Let Buhari win on nairaland. Becareful what u wish for or u might get it. Don't analyse too much. 2015 is around the corner.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by pat4love: 6:50pm On May 05, 2013
Before I make my comment which APC? If is the APC of Tinubu and co! I believe that they have already planting their downfall but, I hope they woud't shell their crocodile tears later. They are already giving PDP a good dinner in Aso rock. Wish them all the best.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by usayab(m): 6:53pm On May 05, 2013
Toktee: Wake up man,Robert mugabi iz older than buhari,italian prime minister iz older than buhari,indian prime minister iz older than buhari,how old was mandela wen he became s/african president;wakeup bro we need a leader that iz capable of redirecting the ship of thiz great country toward the promised land,the picture is there for you to see what a young man has done to thiz country,he promised minimun wage but paid it with subsidy removal,promised to fight corruption but grant pardon to looters etc......................church tins on my mind,later pls
Tel dem abeg!
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by slimghost(m): 6:54pm On May 05, 2013
See grown ups coming on NL to deceive themselves. Buhari is HIGHLY unsellable and will definitely lose AGAIN come 2015. If this is what being progressive is all about, then I'd stick with PDP. Anyway, I know APC can't be this stupid as to present this man. LEt he who has ears listen.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by usayab(m): 6:58pm On May 05, 2013
Symphony007: That means buhari is not a man of his words, all those crocodile tears and promise that if he lost 2011, he'll never run again was all an act. Shamefull!!
he thought Gel is not contesting again, bt if Gel should why not buhari too. By d way buhari no sign any agreement in regard of dt or u get d copy?
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by usayab(m): 7:01pm On May 05, 2013
truth4meal: Insincerity on what we truly want is a major in Nigeria. Is the problem of Nigeria caused by age of our leaders? NO! Is the challenges of our economy a result of an absence in technocrats? NO! Is the problem facing us as a nation and our inability to move forward a direct product of sentiments? YES! Why can't will just for once be reasonable - if age is the magic why then is a young and educated GEJ performing so horribly? Or why is Dimeji Bankole and the rest "youths" embroiled in massive corruption? Any reasonable person who is still thinking freely and not with a bought conscience will attest to the popularity of Buhari and the sincerity of the man's quest for a positive change. When we reason in terms of how old a man is and where he is from rather than the ability to perform then we are indeed our problem. Politics is a game of popularity and numbers - only Buhari can within d frame of two years be sellable cos pushing a new relatively unknwn individual as a presidential candidate is a suicide. Age has nothing to do with performance in govt and history has a lot of examples. What we need is progress - sincere transformation and "total" freedom from the bondage of PDP. Our problem is not about age, sex, tribe, place of birth and other trivia tinz - our problem is corruption, greed, insincerity, mismanagement and PDP!!! Buhari is the man! After him a young an vibrant Nigerian can emerge but not now - to clear the rot in this nation atm is not a child's play...Sai Buhari!!!
ure 2much!
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by EkoIle1: 7:02pm On May 05, 2013
lovejo:

Justify reason why he should be Buhari/ Fashola, i'm not saying AC/APC have muslims agenda, but they have not promote any christian to a specific position in case of time like this. Ekiti is predominant muslim state and that is why Fayemi is a christian cos no muslim candidate to use and they have Ngige, but i don't think he can put enough weight cos I would have prefer Fashola/Ngige ticket, but since a northerner should be the presidential aspirant, I would be waiting for the ticket from APC.

Fashola the governor of lagos state is a Muslim, but his wife is catholic

Gej is a Christian and he wears his faith on his shoulder, he knelt.down before fake apostles of God, but all that translated into what exactly as credible achievement?

Is religion going to give you constant electricity and good infrastructures.?

Religion should be the least of your worries because it has nothing ro do with a man's capability to perform...
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by usayab(m): 7:05pm On May 05, 2013
truth4meal: And to all you singers of young president - how many of you voted ur young comrades who contested for the presidency in other political parties to serve as a form of encouragement and also as a testimony of your sincere want for a young president. How many of you belong to a political party or are u dreaming someone will one day knock your door to offer you the candidature of a party? See we should cover our face in shame that the only tin veritable against Buhari is his age and religion - and not that he is corrupt and insensitive to the plight of the masses. Because Buhari is old I should then vote a clueless GEJ cos he is young? Because Buhari is a northern I should then vote the corrupt GEJ cos he is from the south? So because Buhari is muslim I should vote the visionless GEJ cos he is a "christian"? We need to start thinking and acting like people that sincerely want a positive change. It should be progress over sentiments not the other way round...transforming Nigeria atm is not a child's play I beg to repeat! Sai Buhari!!!
oga u get scens lyk baya munich coch!
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by slimghost(m): 7:09pm On May 05, 2013
Eko Ile:

Fashola the governor of lagos state is a Muslim, but his wife is catholic

Gej is a Christian and he wears his faith on his shoulder, he knelt.down before fake apostles of God, but all that translated into what exactly as credible achievement?

Religion is not going to give you constant electricity and.good infrastructures

What can't it be Fashola/Buhari or Fashola/Ribadu? Huh? Or the yorubas dare not move ahead of their masters? Well am so so happy APC presented Buhari. 2015 is almost here.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Raymondgabriel(m): 7:14pm On May 05, 2013
Ooooooh!!! If Buhari is ur best, den ur best is nt gud enough!! Try harder or u re doomed 2 fail !!!
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by EkoIle1: 7:15pm On May 05, 2013
slimghost:

What can't it be Fashola/Buhari or Fashola/Ribadu? Huh? Or the yorubas dare not move ahead of their masters? Well am so so happy APC presented Buhari. 2015 is almost here.

Maybe because Yoruba people are realistic people and they don't have inferiority complex...
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by musiwa25: 7:17pm On May 05, 2013
it is not possible for a Fashola/Buhari or Fashola/Ribadu ticket.. because they are both muslim.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by musiwa25: 7:21pm On May 05, 2013
You , the number of state with majority been christain is 21 and only 15 state have majority been muslim.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by EkoIle1: 7:21pm On May 05, 2013
musiwa25: it is not possible for a Fashola/Buhari or Fashola/Ribadu ticket.. because they are both muslim.

Ignorance......
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by funnyx(m): 7:30pm On May 05, 2013
Eko Ile:

Ignorance......

Ignorance? Far more than that if you read many of musiwa's post it won't take too long to conclude that he must have escaped from a mental health facility. grin grin
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by slimghost(m): 7:30pm On May 05, 2013
Eko Ile:

Maybe because Yoruba people are realistic people and they don't have inferiority complex...

If you lot are realistic, you would have known that Fashola is far more competent than Buhari. If APC is truly a party of progressives with the interest of Nigeria at heart, they would have nominated Fashola and asked Buhari to help him get block votes from the North. Now am not saying that Fashola will defeat GEJ in a presidential election, but he will definitely be a stronger opponent than Buhari. Didn't yall get the memo? Buhari is a born loser! Nigerians (at least SS,SE,MB and part of SW) don't want him

1 Like

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by EkoIle1: 7:47pm On May 05, 2013
slimghost:

If you lot are realistic, you would have known that Fashola is far more competent than Buhari. If APC is truly a party of progressives with the interest of Nigeria at heart, they would have nominated Fashola and asked Buhari to help him get block votes from the North. Now am not saying that Fashola will defeat GEJ in a presidential election, but he will definitely be a stronger opponent than Buhari. Didn't yall get the memo? Buhari is a born loser! Nigerians (at least SS,SE,MB and part of SW) don't want him

They are both qualified and credible candidates so whichever one is perfectly ok, but buhari is a better choice in terms of calculations anyd ability to win while fashola as the vice gets 8 years to hone his skills and support the the president with good and innovative ideas at the presidential level and also prepare for his own run after buhari.

It's still a win win situation regardless....

1 Like

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by ektbear: 7:50pm On May 05, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
What is progressive in choosing a 70 something years old man? The proponent of this merger party are indeed sick, bereft of any progressive tendencies if Buhari is their candidate. Even my dog knows that Buhari is an expired product, who cannot win election in Nigeria of today.

I can safely conclude that PDP and by extension Jonathan(sic) is going to remain in Aso Rock come 2015. indeed this is another political blunder and harakiri by the oppositions. So they'll print posters with Buhari for president in 2015? smh!

Agreed.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Akpan107(m): 7:54pm On May 05, 2013
cogitoErgo: Buhari = absolute failure, and more power to PDP!
Amen!
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by timowale: 8:01pm On May 05, 2013
erely hope that this news is accurate. Most of us would
like proven performers such as Fashola and others to
become our next President, but I am sorry to say that even
the most progressive of them will be unable to function
effectively given the deep rooted, institutionalized
corruption, which exist in the country.
Truth be told, we need a selfless, fearless, and upright Buhari
to help cleanse the system and make way for the kind of
leader we deserve, four years later. One does not need to be
a genius to see this
so on point!
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Nobody: 8:02pm On May 05, 2013
I am now fully and truly convinced that Buhari is undercover for PDP
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by aletheia(m): 8:08pm On May 05, 2013
Interesting news...

One must needs recall an earlier post:

aletheia:
. . .A week, they say is a long time in politics, but several worrying signs do indicate that the proposed merger will fail to dislodge the PDP and its almost inevitable collapse will end up making PDP even more dominant.

1. The ACN/CPC alliance must show that it presents a clear change from the ruling PDP. Unfortunately it has not done so. Instead it proposes to lure several governors and house of rep members from the PDP and there are moves afoot to get Tambuwal to run for President under its banner. If this materializes it would be a Dilemma with voters asked to choose between PDP-old and PDP-new. Certainly a fair number will decide "the devil you know..."

2. That ACN/CPC is trying to attract a number of PDP bigwigs into their party is an admission that they realize that as things currently stand they cannot defeat PDP except they can find a way to factionalize and weaken the party. This is exactly the scenario that played out in the Ogun state gubernatorial election where the combined votes of the 2 PDP factions far outweighed that of the ACN. It is doubtful if this strategy can be replicated at the National level.

3. Despite all the noise about the proposed merger, we must bear in mind that it has not materialized. The legal requirements for party mergers are quite stringent. Each party must hold a special convention wherein delegates vote to adopt the new party by name. Unfortunately for the APC/CPC alliance the PDP has successfully outmanouevred them in this regard. Expect the APC acronym to be tied up in court litigation for the better part of the year. This is a distraction that the new alliance can ill-afford. By the requirements of the law, if the merging parties choose another name, they are required to hold special conventions to ratify that new name, thus it becomes an easy matter for the PDP to preempt APC/CPC by registering other parties with acronyms similar to any chosen and then heading to court when INEC refuses to register them. I have it on good authority that the ACN/CPC know this and hope to mobilize public opinion as a counterweight to the PDP's shenanigans.

4. Managing General Buhari's ambitions. Already, the esteemed General has indicated his interest in contesting the 2015 elections; and therein lies the bind. He is both an asset and a liability. He is an asset in that in the last elections, he commanded 11+ million votes, mostly in the NW and NE, but he is also a polarizing figure. If he is the candidate of the APC/CPC alliance, then they will lose the election for the demographic fundamentals have not really changed. In the last election, Goodluck Jonathan had 22+ million votes, twice as much as General Buhari. A Buhari candidacy is not going to shave off 5 million votes from Jonathan.

5. The lessons of the last election have not be learned by the opposition. Nigeria runs a presidential style democracy modelled after the USA and in many respects it mirrors that of the USA, even down to the drop in mid-term approval ratings. Presidential elections are won and lost on a state by state basis not on a regional basis. Thus the "battleground states" will be in the SW. The mistake being made again by the opposition is that they approach the presidential elections as if it was Parliamentary elections of the 1st Republic. The PDP understands this very well and thus knows that it can afford to come in second in the Presidential elections in all of the SW, NW and NE and still win the Presidential elections at the National level. All it needs is to just not lose badly in the aforementioned regions. And this brings us back to point #2 above: the best way to defeat the PDP is to divide it. How to do so while offering a clear alternative?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Fashola Visits Niger State In Traditional Attire (photos) / Late Maitama Sule: Goodluck Jonathan Leads PDP Stalwarts To Kano For Condolence / Minimum Wage: Nigerian Workers Will Smile Soon, Says FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.