Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

"Why You Shouldn't Tell A Woman You Like Her And What To Do Instead" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "Why You Shouldn't Tell A Woman You Like Her And What To Do Instead" (11649 Views)

7 Things You Shouldn't Tell Your Friends About Your Relationship / 14 Differences Between The Girl You Date And The Woman You Marry / Three Ways To Approach Any Woman You Like (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Why You Shouldn't Tell A Woman You Like Her And What To Do Instead" by Nobody: 6:20pm On May 05, 2013
For most guys the urge of telling a woman how they feel about her too early on is quite inevitable and this happens for so many reasons but the key lies in the fact that these guys ALWAYS ASSUME women have the same reasoning power as men. They think if they feel this way it means the woman they're with also feels it. But that isn't so.

I do not recommend that you get a woman to admit that she likes you first either. Getting a woman to admit that she likes you first naturally implies that you admit it back. And I do not say, admit it back, or admit it later, or anything else of the sort.

Why is this so important?

I personally believe that telling a woman that you "like her" is one of the worst things you can do. If you want a woman to know that you like her, the best way is to have her figure it out by the fact that you both are already in talking terms.

Let me confuse the issue further...

Telling a woman that you like her and FEELING like you really want to tell her are two completely different issues, and they're BOTH bad... but for different reasons. Telling her is bad because it takes the magic, the suspense, the mystery, and the sexual tension out of the situation. It pops the balloon. It kills the chemistry.

Feeling like you want to tell her and then asking about how to tell her is bad because it shows that you're not getting it.

What To Do Instead:

First, let's talk a bit about the concept of attraction and how it works.

Attraction happens for reasons that are difficult to explain to a person who has a "bad model" of how it works. But, let's just say that if it does happen, you want to amplify it. You don't want to weaken it. One of the problems with "telling a woman how you feel" is that it instantly changes the dynamics of the situation.

When you say, "I like you" - in her head the woman hears:

"He is admitting to me that he likes me, which gives me all the power, which, for some strange reason, makes me not like him as much anymore."

I realize that this sounds crazy, and doesn't make a whole lot of logical sense, but it's what usually happens. It has a lot to do with the fact that when most guys say, "I like you" they sound like needy kittens that just want to cuddle and suckle the bosom of mommy... which isn't exactly "attraction creating" stuff.

If you want to tell a woman that you like her, the best way to do it is to advance physically. In other words, take things to the next level. Do something, don't say something. Words are to be used when actions don't work better. And this is NOT one of those cases.

If you're in love with a girl and want to marry her, have kids with her, drive her to the shopping mall, then head for the beach show and wear lots of dockers clothing, then forget what I'm telling you. Who knows, you might have found one of those rare, wonderful women that so many of us are looking for.

But, if you're just at the stage where it's time to take things to the next level, then do it with your ACTION, not with your WORDS.

2 Likes

Re: "Why You Shouldn't Tell A Woman You Like Her And What To Do Instead" by Nobody: 7:22pm On May 05, 2013
^^ I fully disagree with what you wrote.
IMHO, there is nothing wrong with telling a woman EXACTLY how you feel about her (focus on the word woman, as i am not talking of childish girls here). so whenever you start to "like" her a great deal then let her know about how you feel about her so that you dont waste your time and life with illusions, ifs and maybes. what smart man would want to spend time, money and energy on such?! be straight, honest and dont be afraid to come clean about how you feel. there is absolutely NOTHING wrong in telling a woman you like her, the worst that can happen is that she tells you that it is not reciprocal. big deal!

men should stop being afraid of women and instead have the guts to act as men and take charge of their r/ship, instead of acting like chicken the minute they found themselves in front of women. the important point is not just to tell her, but to also put your actions where your mouth is!

2 Likes

Re: "Why You Shouldn't Tell A Woman You Like Her And What To Do Instead" by Nobody: 9:07pm On May 05, 2013
Pure unadulterated rubbish!
Re: "Why You Shouldn't Tell A Woman You Like Her And What To Do Instead" by 2kurupt(m): 10:57pm On May 05, 2013
Telling a gal how you feel about her verbally does not mean she's now in charge rather she sees you as one who is confident. How you follow it up with actions will now determine the extent to which you want relationship to go.
Re: "Why You Shouldn't Tell A Woman You Like Her And What To Do Instead" by sunnyt1(m): 11:05pm On May 05, 2013
I will say it for the 1,345th time, the greatest gift God gave man is opinion. Pls help me tell the poster that what he jst posted is his personal views, many thanks for that, bt it is subject to personal analysis.
Re: "Why You Shouldn't Tell A Woman You Like Her And What To Do Instead" by Nobody: 11:32pm On May 05, 2013
I believe it's your personal view! Yesterday just yesterday ohhh: My friend who just completed his Msc in the UK said dat dere was dis babe dat dey use to talk n gist everyday, talking bout personal n general stuffs and he was also fond of sending gifts down to her as soon as he's sees anyone coming down to Naija.

He never tot of mentioning it for once that he had feelings for her, but only assumed dat it was reciprocal since he was virtually the only one she chats with, exchange calls and gifts with.

According to him late last year she called him and said dat she was Sad, and he was like boo wotz wrong and she was like she's pregnant for her 2yrs BF and the probz was how dey would inform her parents about it.

The dude started crying while listening!!!

He almost cried Xterday too grin...

As for me before I spend reach N2,000 on a babe, I for don ask am set "How far na" on which level we dey?

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

How Dirty Is Your Mind?[■■■PHOTO■■■] / I Just Sexed A Lady For 15 Minutes / Photos:when You Ask An Ibo Girl To Send You A Picture Of Her Lying Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.