Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Jonathan Didn't Contribute A Dime For My Jet - Oritsejafor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Didn't Contribute A Dime For My Jet - Oritsejafor (8597 Views)

Doyin Okupe: Jonathan Didn't Take The Yoruba Race Seriously / Why Patience Jonathan Didn't Attend Buhari's Inaguration Ceremony / Jonathan Didn't Finish His Ph.D Course (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Didn't Contribute A Dime For My Jet - Oritsejafor by Nobody: 8:36am On May 06, 2013
Jonathan Did Not Buy Plane For Me-says Oritsejafor

National President of the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, for the first time, publicly dismissed criticisms that continued to trail his acquisition of a private jet with some critics claiming that the gift may have come from the Presidency.

The founder/senior pastor of Word of Life Bible Church, Warri emphatically declared that President Goodluck Jonathan did not contribute a dime for the jet.

Receiving a delegation of Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, Delta State chapter in his Word of Life Bible Church, Warri, last Sunday, Pastor Oritsejafor said the private jet was presented to him on November 10, 2012, by church members within and outside the country in commemoration of his 40th year on the pulpit.

He maintained that over 90 per cent of the funds came from members of the church while the rest was donated by his spiritual children across the globe.

The NLC delegation was in the church for a thanksgiving service in preparation for Workers' Day which held nationwide on Wednesday.

Speaking during that service, Pastor Oritsejafor, arguably one of the greatest philanthropists in the country and perhaps the first CAN president to spend his personal resources to run the CAN secretariat, maintained that concerned members of his congregation and some of his children decided to donate the jet in appreciation of the suffering he underwent whenever he travelled in and out of Nigeria preaching the gospel.

"Word of Life members miss me, my family misses me greatly and appreciating the trauma of connecting flights across the globe; they decided to constitute a committee to raise funds for the purchase of the jet. They reached out to some of my children in and out of the country who generously donated to the course," he explained.

Oritsejafor challenged the Labour leaders to endeavour to do their investigations and if possible use their connections in government to ask President Jonathan if he contributed any kobo to the purchase of the jet, noting "why will people just set out to disparage persons without verifying their facts."

The cleric said given the nature of his work, a plane had become a necessity, wondering why people were deliberately silent on his annual empowerment programmes in the Niger Delta and his numerous reach-out projects to victims of Boko Haram violence in the North, but decided to malign his person.

"My records are there at the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria, PFN, which I led for eight years for anybody to verify just as people are free to come to the CAN Secretariat to make their independent investigat-ions," he stated, adding "I pay for all my bills as CAN president," he stated.

He also defended his call for the arrest of CPC presidential candidate, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) whose comments during the 2011 electioneering campaigns are believed to have precipitated the post-election violence that followed the announcement of results of the election.

The CAN president had come under tremendous criticism over the plane with Catholic Bishop Matthew Hassan Kukah describing him as an embarrassment to Christianity while former Congress for Progressive Change, CPC vice presidential candidate, Pastor Tunde Bakare, said clergymen like him, taking advantage of their congregations, and buying private jets, deserved to go to jail.

The CPC spokesman, Rotimi Fashakin recently said that President Goodluck Jonathan on November 10, 2012, rewarded the CAN helmsman with the gift of a Bombardier Private jet.

http://m.naij.com/news/33198.html
Re: Jonathan Didn't Contribute A Dime For My Jet - Oritsejafor by tomakint: 9:26am On May 06, 2013
berem: Jonathan Did Not Buy Plane For Me, Says Oritsejafor
06.05.2013, 6:19 Local
National President of the Christian Association of Nigeria,
CAN, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, for the first time, publicly
dismissed criticisms that continued to trail his acquisition of
a private jet with some critics claiming that the gift may
have come from the Presidency.
The founder/senior pastor of Word of Life Bible
Church, Warri emphatically declared that
President Goodluck Jonathan did not contribute
a dime for the jet.
Receiving a delegation of Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, Delta
State chapter in his Word of Life Bible Church, Warri, last Sunday,
Pastor Oritsejafor said the private jet was presented to him on
November 10, 2012, by church members within and outside the
country in commemoration of his 40th year on the pulpit.
He maintained that over 90 per cent of the funds came from
members of the church while the rest was donated by his
spiritual children across the globe.
The NLC delegation was in the church for a thanksgiving service
in preparation for Workers' Day which held nationwide on
Wednesday.
Speaking during that service, Pastor Oritsejafor, arguably one of
the greatest philanthropists in the country and perhaps the first
CAN president to spend his personal resources to run the CAN
secretariat, maintained that concerned members of his
congregation and some of his children decided to donate the jet
in appreciation of the suffering he underwent whenever he
travelled in and out of Nigeria preaching the gospel.

"Word of Life members miss me, my family misses me greatly and
appreciating the trauma of connecting flights across the globe;
they decided to constitute a committee to raise funds for the
purchase of the jet. They reached out to some of my children in
and out of the country who generously donated to the course,"
he explained.
Oritsejafor challenged the Labour leaders to endeavour to do
their investigations and if possible use their connections in
government to ask President Jonathan if he contributed any kobo
to the purchase of the jet, noting "why will people just set out to
disparage persons without verifying their facts."

The cleric said given the nature of his work, a plane had become
a necessity, wondering why people were deliberately silent on his
annual empowerment programmes in the Niger Delta and his
numerous reach-out projects to victims of Boko Haram violence
in the North, but decided to malign his person.
"My records are there at the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria,
PFN, which I led for eight years for anybody to verify just as
people are free to come to the CAN Secretariat to make their
independent investigat-ions," he stated, adding "I pay for all my
bills as CAN president," he stated.
He also defended his call for the arrest of CPC presidential
candidate, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) whose comments
during the 2011 electioneering campaigns are believed to have
precipitated the post-election violence that followed the
announcement of results of the election.
The CAN president had come under tremendous criticism over
the plane with Catholic Bishop Matthew Hassan Kukah describing
him as an embarrassment to Christianity while former Congress
for Progressive Change, CPC vice presidential candidate, Pastor
Tunde Bakare, said clergymen like him, taking advantage of their
congregations, and buying private jets, deserved to go to jail.
The CPC spokesman, Rotimi Fashakin recently said that President
Goodluck Jonathan on November 10, 2012, rewarded the CAN
helmsman with the gift of a Bombardier Private jet.

http://m.naij.com/news/33198.html
Too many frustrated ones from the camp of ACN, APC and CPC pointing accusing fingers at the Presidency for the purchase of the JET, now the FACTS are out in BLACK and WHITE, I hope the goons in the camps of ACN, CPC and APC on Nairaland will have one or two 'POINTS' to raise as usual to counter this bold move from the Man of God undecided What a stark irony that this thread is even coming from the staple of a die-hard fan of Buhari and hater of Jonathan, this world is indeed a strange biosphere embarassed embarassed embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Didn't Contribute A Dime For My Jet - Oritsejafor by Ngwakwe: 9:38am On May 06, 2013
As much as I support freedom of personal opinion and that of the Press.

This freedom is never a liberty to smear the innocent for political gain or motion.

We need the Libel law to be implemented in this country to checkmate these ugly trends.
Re: Jonathan Didn't Contribute A Dime For My Jet - Oritsejafor by Nobody: 10:02am On May 06, 2013
tomakint:
What a stark irony that this thread is even coming from the staple of a die-hard fan of Buhari and hater of Jonathan, this world is indeed a strange biosphere embarassed embarassed embarassed
Watch it Mister! or else i call eggheaders to deal with you seriously. grin
Re: Jonathan Didn't Contribute A Dime For My Jet - Oritsejafor by Bonapart(m): 12:12pm On May 06, 2013
Those who call themselves men of God are now more concern about wordly things......dis is not what Christ thought us

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Didn't Contribute A Dime For My Jet - Oritsejafor by 1shortblackboy: 12:13pm On May 06, 2013
Pastor no mind them jor. These niggaz have already made up ther minds to only believe the negative

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Didn't Contribute A Dime For My Jet - Oritsejafor by tomakint: 12:14pm On May 06, 2013
berem: Watch it Mister! or else i call airhead to deal with you seriously. grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy Oh My God, I must have struck a chord with my poser, no wonder the 'airhead' calls you MUMMY shocked shocked, if what airhead is doing here is what you term 'deal with you seriously' then I can only wonder at your 'seriousness' on political issues! I wonder what you trying to portray with your thread on Jonathan probably you are out of steam in your usual e-vituperations on his personality cheesy cheesy cheesy You are free to call him (airhead) now undecided
Re: Jonathan Didn't Contribute A Dime For My Jet - Oritsejafor by fuckluv(f): 12:15pm On May 06, 2013
I wasn't there so i wouldn't know. You can go in peace. COURTS! sad
Re: Jonathan Didn't Contribute A Dime For My Jet - Oritsejafor by Nobody: 12:17pm On May 06, 2013
God said i will raise u up high over every human being and over every nation. Let these pastors ride on Jare. afterall, if they walk on bare foot with no flashy car, how are we gonna know that God is really in them. if your pastor is poor, it is the cause of your own poverty

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Didn't Contribute A Dime For My Jet - Oritsejafor by ifihearam: 12:17pm On May 06, 2013
I KNEW HIS EXCELLENCY THE PRESIDENT OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA WILL NEVER BE A PART IN BUYING A PRIVATE JET FOR ANYONE,I HAVE ALWAYS KNEW THAT FROM THE ONSET,HE IS A MAN OF INTEGRITY.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Didn't Contribute A Dime For My Jet - Oritsejafor by WIZGUY69(m): 12:18pm On May 06, 2013
undecided In summary.........
Re: Jonathan Didn't Contribute A Dime For My Jet - Oritsejafor by ifihearam: 12:18pm On May 06, 2013
Bonapart: Those who call themselves men of God are now more concern about wordly things......dis is not what Christ thought us

WHAT DID CHRIST TEACH YOU?
THAT YOU SHOULD GO ABOUT HIS WORK NAKED AND HUNGRY ABI?
HYPOCRITE

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Didn't Contribute A Dime For My Jet - Oritsejafor by Nobody: 12:18pm On May 06, 2013
cool
Cool story
Re: Jonathan Didn't Contribute A Dime For My Jet - Oritsejafor by tomakint: 12:19pm On May 06, 2013
ifihearam: I KNEW HIS EXCELLENCY THE PRESIDENT OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA WILL NEVER BE A PART IN BUYING A PRIVATE JET FOR ANYONE,I HAVE ALWAYS KNEW THAT FROM THE ONSET,HE IS A MAN OF INTEGRITY.
You dey mind them (ACN, APC, CPC e-thugs) is it not a stark irony that the poster of this thread is a virulent critic of Jonathan with no justifiable reason undecided Real yeye dey smell undecided
Re: Jonathan Didn't Contribute A Dime For My Jet - Oritsejafor by fuckluv(f): 12:20pm On May 06, 2013
Bonapart: Those who call themselves men of God are now more concern about wordly things......dis is not what Christ thought us
shocked shocked shocked 'Daddy' must hear this
Re: Jonathan Didn't Contribute A Dime For My Jet - Oritsejafor by Nobody: 12:20pm On May 06, 2013
tomakint:
cheesy cheesy cheesy Oh My God, I must have struck a chord with my poser, no wonder the 'airhead' calls you MUMMY shocked shocked, if what airhead is doing here is what you term 'deal with you seriously' then I can only wonder at your 'seriousness' on political issues! I wonder what you trying to portray with your thread on Jonathan probably you are out of steam in your usual e-vituperations on his personality cheesy cheesy cheesy You are free to call him (airhead) now undecided
dude don't derail my thread! thanks.
Re: Jonathan Didn't Contribute A Dime For My Jet - Oritsejafor by tomakint: 12:22pm On May 06, 2013
berem: dude don't derail my thread! thanks.
...but you started it Miss undecided
Re: Jonathan Didn't Contribute A Dime For My Jet - Oritsejafor by cyril83(m): 12:22pm On May 06, 2013
People generally take longer and make more mistakes when telling lies than telling the truth, because they are holding two conflicting answers in mind and suppressing the honest response.

You are a perfect liar sir.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Didn't Contribute A Dime For My Jet - Oritsejafor by ifihearam: 12:22pm On May 06, 2013
SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST DAFT SHA.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Didn't Contribute A Dime For My Jet - Oritsejafor by ifihearam: 12:23pm On May 06, 2013
cyril83: You are a perfect liar sir.

YOU ARE A GOAT

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Didn't Contribute A Dime For My Jet - Oritsejafor by tomakint: 12:24pm On May 06, 2013
...and you are a perfect loser undecided
Re: Jonathan Didn't Contribute A Dime For My Jet - Oritsejafor by Nobody: 12:28pm On May 06, 2013
and a smooth criminal. shame to the bling bling pastor!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Didn't Contribute A Dime For My Jet - Oritsejafor by HonKontigi: 12:32pm On May 06, 2013
He took so long to refute the story. Now only members of his church will blieve him.
Re: Jonathan Didn't Contribute A Dime For My Jet - Oritsejafor by tjdj: 12:33pm On May 06, 2013
why should our beloved president contribute "dime" when we have billions of "paper" foreign currency...*winks
Re: Jonathan Didn't Contribute A Dime For My Jet - Oritsejafor by sureteeboy(m): 12:35pm On May 06, 2013
..and whose business is that?
Re: Jonathan Didn't Contribute A Dime For My Jet - Oritsejafor by ifihearam: 12:37pm On May 06, 2013
berem: and a smooth criminal. shame to the bling bling pastor!

MUMU

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Didn't Contribute A Dime For My Jet - Oritsejafor by ifihearam: 12:39pm On May 06, 2013
HONORARIUM DEMDEM SHOULD TAKE NOTE,ITS BTHE LIKES OF BUHARI THAT CONTRIBUTES TO TERRORISM AND NOT GEJ,A MAN WITH HIGHLY DESERVED SOCIETY,NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL RESPECTABILITY.
Re: Jonathan Didn't Contribute A Dime For My Jet - Oritsejafor by ifihearam: 12:39pm On May 06, 2013
HONORARIUM DEMDEM SHOULD TAKE NOTE,ITS THE LIKES OF BUHARI THAT CONTRIBUTES TO TERRORISM AND NOT GEJ,A MAN WITH HIGHLY DESERVED SOCIETY,NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL RESPECTABILITY.
Re: Jonathan Didn't Contribute A Dime For My Jet - Oritsejafor by yuzedo: 12:39pm On May 06, 2013
You know, i've always insisted that Jonathan bought his boyfriend Oritsejafor that contentious jet.

With this rebuttal, i can't help but consider this case again and my question is;

Which really is the more despicable scenario, having poor (or rogue) church members contribute for a luxury jet for his personal use, or having government utilize state funds to gratify this "man of God's" fancies?? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Didn't Contribute A Dime For My Jet - Oritsejafor by ifihearam: 12:41pm On May 06, 2013
Hon. Kontigi:
He took so long to refute the story. Now only members of his church will blieve him.

HE HAS REFUTED IT SEVERALLY BEFORE NOW,YOU JUST HEARD ABOUT IT NOW BOI AND BESIDES WE MEN OF INTEGRITY LIKE THE PRESIDENT NEVER BELIEVED FROM THE ONSET.
Re: Jonathan Didn't Contribute A Dime For My Jet - Oritsejafor by Bonapart(m): 12:44pm On May 06, 2013
fuckluv: shocked shocked shocked 'Daddy' must hear this
what of mummy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senate Mandates FG To Reconstruct Bad Roads, Provide Ambulances / Police DSP Murdered In Rivers State Election (Graphic Photos) / KADUNA: Uba Sani Removes Tinubu Picture From His Banner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.