Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,277 members, 7,839,381 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Jonathan Didn't Contribute A Dime For My Jet - Oritsejafor - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Didn't Contribute A Dime For My Jet - Oritsejafor (8602 Views)

Doyin Okupe: Jonathan Didn't Take The Yoruba Race Seriously / Why Patience Jonathan Didn't Attend Buhari's Inaguration Ceremony / Jonathan Didn't Finish His Ph.D Course (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Didn't Contribute A Dime For My Jet - Oritsejafor by SOHKAHTOA: 9:12pm On May 06, 2013
maximunimpact: Damn Oritsejafor, GEJ and private jets! The real threat in dis country are not Muslims, they are christians! They are the most currupt ppl in d world, I mean so called xtians because d real xtians nobody notices dem. If u wnt to get rid of curruption in 9ja, get rid of all diz MOGs and their ignorant followers!
A foolxnat 40, might be a foolx forever.. I pity you
Re: Jonathan Didn't Contribute A Dime For My Jet - Oritsejafor by texazzpete(m): 9:29pm On May 06, 2013
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

'Trauma of connecting flights' indeed.
'Across the globe' indeed!

If not for the deliberate encouragement of Pastor worship by these Men of God, why does he or any one of them need to travel around the world to preach the Gospel? Empower others and let them travel far and wide to do the preaching. Must he fly to the US, UK, Australia etc?

The jet was bought for him at a time when tens of thousands of Niger deltans were displaced by massive flooding...yet it was more 'christ-like' for his congregation to buy a private jet that he would use sparingly. Apparently the 'trauma' of waiting in a plush, business class lounge in Charles de Gaulle, Heathrow or Doha is much more than the trauma of being rendered homeless by flood.

Nonsense! And see sheep lapping up this explanation!
Re: Jonathan Didn't Contribute A Dime For My Jet - Oritsejafor by Pataki: 9:47pm On May 06, 2013
Oritsejafor - arguably one of the greatest philantropist in Nigeria (according to the praise singing report); yet, he needed his church members to donate money to buy him a private jet?! Who does this charlatan think he is fooling?!

Foolish Oritsejafor, please stop lying. The sin of lying is worse than the sin of witchcraft.
Re: Jonathan Didn't Contribute A Dime For My Jet - Oritsejafor by tomakint: 10:11pm On May 06, 2013
Pataki: Oritsejafor - arguably one of the greatest philantropist in Nigeria (according to the praise singing report); yet, he needed his church members to donate money to buy him a private jet?! Who does this charlatan think he is fooling?!

Foolish Oritsejafor, please stop lying. The sin of lying is worse than the sin of witchcraft.
Pataki! Pataki!! Pataki!!! You are back again with your psychobabbles judging a man of God on a public forum is just plain silly! undecided
Re: Jonathan Didn't Contribute A Dime For My Jet - Oritsejafor by dayokanu(m): 10:22pm On May 06, 2013
Pataki: Oritsejafor - arguably one of the greatest philantropist in Nigeria (according to the praise singing report); yet, he needed his church members to donate money to buy him a private jet?! Who does this charlatan think he is fooling?!

The blink blink pastor doesnt care. he has to catch up with Baby of Cashmoney

[img]http://monroeanderson.typepad.com/.a/6a00e54f195bd88834010535c2a524970b-pi[/img]

Re: Jonathan Didn't Contribute A Dime For My Jet - Oritsejafor by Nobody: 10:35pm On May 06, 2013
Oritsejafor....Jonathan, did you give me money to buy jet..

Jonah..... SORRY. Who are you and how did bypass the security.

Oritsejafor.... I flew with my jet, i came asking you a simple question.

Whispering in Jonah's ears..

Jonah...Oh my boy, Nigeria is poor, where will i get the money from?
Re: Jonathan Didn't Contribute A Dime For My Jet - Oritsejafor by anataala: 6:23am On May 07, 2013
mr pastor is nigerian money under the custody of GEJ we understand you, if you hide for us we believe you can't hide the facts for God because He is seeying nd watching.
berem: Jonathan Did Not Buy Plane For Me-says Oritsejafor

National President of the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, for the first time, publicly dismissed criticisms that continued to trail his acquisition of a private jet with some critics claiming that the gift may have come from the Presidency.

The founder/senior pastor of Word of Life Bible Church, Warri emphatically declared that President Goodluck Jonathan did not contribute a dime for the jet.

Receiving a delegation of Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, Delta State chapter in his Word of Life Bible Church, Warri, last Sunday, Pastor Oritsejafor said the private jet was presented to him on November 10, 2012, by church members within and outside the country in commemoration of his 40th year on the pulpit.

He maintained that over 90 per cent of the funds came from members of the church while the rest was donated by his spiritual children across the globe.

The NLC delegation was in the church for a thanksgiving service in preparation for Workers' Day which held nationwide on Wednesday.

Speaking during that service, Pastor Oritsejafor, arguably one of the greatest philanthropists in the country and perhaps the first CAN president to spend his personal resources to run the CAN secretariat, maintained that concerned members of his congregation and some of his children decided to donate the jet in appreciation of the suffering he underwent whenever he travelled in and out of Nigeria preaching the gospel.

"Word of Life members miss me, my family misses me greatly and appreciating the trauma of connecting flights across the globe; they decided to constitute a committee to raise funds for the purchase of the jet. They reached out to some of my children in and out of the country who generously donated to the course," he explained.

Oritsejafor challenged the Labour leaders to endeavour to do their investigations and if possible use their connections in government to ask President Jonathan if he contributed any kobo to the purchase of the jet, noting "why will people just set out to disparage persons without verifying their facts."

The cleric said given the nature of his work, a plane had become a necessity, wondering why people were deliberately silent on his annual empowerment programmes in the Niger Delta and his numerous reach-out projects to victims of Boko Haram violence in the North, but decided to malign his person.

"My records are there at the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria, PFN, which I led for eight years for anybody to verify just as people are free to come to the CAN Secretariat to make their independent investigat-ions," he stated, adding "I pay for all my bills as CAN president," he stated.

He also defended his call for the arrest of CPC presidential candidate, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) whose comments during the 2011 electioneering campaigns are believed to have precipitated the post-election violence that followed the announcement of results of the election.

The CAN president had come under tremendous criticism over the plane with Catholic Bishop Matthew Hassan Kukah describing him as an embarrassment to Christianity while former Congress for Progressive Change, CPC vice presidential candidate, Pastor Tunde Bakare, said clergymen like him, taking advantage of their congregations, and buying private jets, deserved to go to jail.

The CPC spokesman, Rotimi Fashakin recently said that President Goodluck Jonathan on November 10, 2012, rewarded the CAN helmsman with the gift of a Bombardier Private jet.

http://m.naij.com/news/33198.html
Re: Jonathan Didn't Contribute A Dime For My Jet - Oritsejafor by elebua: 8:29am On May 07, 2013

Who knows your punishment if you are the one lying? Think again.
Re: Jonathan Didn't Contribute A Dime For My Jet - Oritsejafor by olufunkeoyedeji(f): 9:37am On May 07, 2013
Bonapart: Those who call themselves men of God are now more concern about wordly things......dis is not what Christ thought us
I am telling you... they act like... using the church for business. They should help people more instead wasting monies to buy these things.

I believe poor men and women will be more in their churches... they wont care. look at T.B Joshua, i am not his member neither is fan... i cherish his humanitarian services.. he has the money to buy whatever he wants to buy, but he prefer to help people. God forgive me, even Pastor Adeboye i respected so much has joined the queue... anyway, GOD knows who serve him the more. we can not judge... no body knows maybe GOD is happy with them buying jets to move from one country to another for GOSPEL. No one can tell.

Even Reinhard Bonnke that used to travel virtually every week to different countries for evangelism does not buy jet (do we say he doesn't have the money? NO!!!) but he chooses to be among the poor.... so that he will know what their problems are.

May GOD be with us all.
Re: Jonathan Didn't Contribute A Dime For My Jet - Oritsejafor by Pataki: 9:56am On May 07, 2013
elebua: Who knows your punishment if you are the one lying? Think again.

Don't just post for the sake of posting. It annoys me when I see a decent human being as you thinking like a goat.
Re: Jonathan Didn't Contribute A Dime For My Jet - Oritsejafor by elebua: 6:53am On Jun 01, 2013
Pataki:

Don't just post for the sake of posting. It annoys me when I see a decent human being as you thinking like a goat.
my opinion has not changed and I never insulted you either but I prefer you argue what you know and not for the sake of arguement and posting of statements.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ministerial List: Buhari Submits 40 Names To DSS, DMI & NIA For Screening / Budget Padding: Jibrin Disowned By 10 Principal Officers / A Bigger Batch Of Chibok Girls Will Soon Be Released, Says Lai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.