Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,901 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:53 PM

Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager (25666 Views)

Alex Ferguson’s Last Chewed Gum For Sale On E-bay / David Moyes Confirmed As Manchester United New Manager / Alex Ferguson Is Considering Retiring As United Manager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by shiftmarket(m): 10:22am On May 08, 2013
Time to rest Sir Alex
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by Nobody: 10:22am On May 08, 2013
face wey be like baboon nyash don go. no more favouritism in epl. howard webb to be hospitalised soon. he has made alot of money from buying and selling matches. now that match fixing is high in epl, wonder y he is retiring. phucking cheat.
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by blesszzy(m): 10:23am On May 08, 2013
Respect to Sir Alex Ferguson

1 Like

Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by Nobody: 10:23am On May 08, 2013
Bimfo: Benitez beat Ferguson and He Retires... sad Adieu Ferguson.. grin
go home boy. You're drunk!

2 Likes

Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by batstan(m): 10:23am On May 08, 2013
byns: up blues
Meat

1 Like

Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by kedukc(m): 10:23am On May 08, 2013
Am going to miss this man sad

1 Like

Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by Deiok(m): 10:23am On May 08, 2013
Sir Alex Fergus is a legend. We are going to miss him. #SAFlegend.

1 Like

Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by JMystique(m): 10:23am On May 08, 2013
executinal: Ha ha ha

The fear of Morihno return is the beginning of wisdom grin grin grin grin grin

Ferguson knows that with Morihno coming back as Chelsea manager, it will mean more higher blood pressure for Ferguson

Anyway you still a legend wink wink

this is why people say chelsea fans are touts and okada men,who was english champion when mourinho ran away

2 Likes

Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by Igholize(m): 10:24am On May 08, 2013
executinal: Ha ha ha

The fear of Morihno return is the beginning of wisdom grin grin grin grin grin

Ferguson knows that with Morihno coming back as Chelsea manager, it will mean more higher blood pressure for Ferguson

Anyway you still a legend wink wink
. Yea , i tink u re rite... Morihno returns na big threat nd lot of wahala... Alex knows dis nd e is tryin 2 avoId dat.
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by Nobody: 10:24am On May 08, 2013
leking: BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mourinho to replace fergie.

Mourinho is a scatter-brained journeyman. He lacks the maturity, staying power, professionalism, patience, and discipline required to succeed a man like Sir Alex. A fool like Mourinho would manage the club for two or three years and find a reason to flee elsewhere. Compare that with the stability Six Alex brought to Man U with his 26-year stewardship. I'd say a man like David Moyes is the perfect fit. Mourinho would destroy Man U. Even as a Chelsea fan, I don't want Mourinho back in Chelsea, it would be "great" if he took his bullshyte to Man U.

5 Likes

Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by cyril83(m): 10:24am On May 08, 2013
This old modafoka has finally retired.
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by misterh(m): 10:24am On May 08, 2013
ABRAHAM USIEKI: Pope benedict now coach fergie: dey ar all europeans, wen will a nigerian leader step down for younger generation Any way I tink fergie is long ova due, (Actually d man is a tru legend buh I hate he is a racist.)
How on earth is he a racist? DPMO

1 Like

Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by Nobody: 10:24am On May 08, 2013
al-qaeda:
face wey be like baboon nyash don go. no more favouritism in epl. howard webb to be hospitalised soon. he has made alot of money from buying and selling matches. now that match fixing is high in epl, wonder y he is retiring. phucking cheat.
get a life a go to school. Only then will you be useful to yourself. For now, you sound retarded!

1 Like

Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by friedrice1: 10:26am On May 08, 2013
Stephen Keshi tipped as next coach

1 Like

Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by sakaguchi(m): 10:26am On May 08, 2013
The fear of Mourinho is the beginning of wisdom, he sure did retire because Mourinho is coming back to Chelsea and he doesn't want to play second fiddle.
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by KMB: 10:26am On May 08, 2013
His chewing gum seller wont be happy
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by Nobody: 10:26am On May 08, 2013
pro01:

Mourinho is a scatter-brained journeyman. He lacks the maturity, staying power, professionalism, patience, and discipline required to succeed a man like Sir Alex. A fool like Mourinho would manage the club for two or three years and find a reason to flee elsewhere. Compare that with the stability Six Alex brought to Man U with his 26-year stewardship. I'd say a man like David Moyes is the perfect fit. Mourinho would destroy Man U. Even as a Chelsea fan, I don't want Mourinho back in Chelsea, it would be "great" if he took his bullshyte to Man U.
shut the Bleep up! Who asked for your opinion anyway?
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by Originalsly: 10:26am On May 08, 2013
"Alex Ferguson retires as Manchester United Manager" hmmm....when did he retire? Nairaland Rule #8...Do not post misleading information on Nairaland.
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by Nobody: 10:27am On May 08, 2013
anyone can be a legend wit the support of the fa. ole.
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by fitzmayowa: 10:27am On May 08, 2013
cyril83: This old modafoka has finally retired.
Na wa ooo na so you hate the man reach...well I can't blame you sha, you must be a liverpool fan...so I get your point grin

2 Likes

Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by Nobody: 10:28am On May 08, 2013
KMB: His chewing gum seller wont be happy
go get something to drink, but not Alomo. You've had enough of that already!

1 Like

Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by sylve11: 10:29am On May 08, 2013
shymexx: The fear of JOSE MOURINHO a la THE SPECIAL ONE is the beginning of wisdom!!!

Head to head between the two:

^^^^All you need to know!! cool

Stop falling ur hands na. sad cool

1 Like

Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by informatix: 10:29am On May 08, 2013
Job weldone Sir. Alex Feerguson. The likes of Paul Scholes,Roy Keane,Nicky But,Brown,Garry Palister,Giggs,Sheringham,Sharp,Cantona,Jesper Blomqvist,Johan Cruyf,Dwight Yorke,Andy Cole,Rooney,Beckham,C.Ronaldo,denis Irwin,Ole Solksjaer,Ince,Vidic,Gary neville and Now RVP. Will always be Remembered. Job weldone.

2 Likes

Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by Nobody: 10:30am On May 08, 2013
Sir Alex Ferguson: 26 Years 13 Premier League Titles 10 Community Shields 5 FA Cups 4 League Cups 2 European Cups 1 Piece of Chewing Gum.. grin

That Chewing Gum seller no go Happy o
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by Nobody: 10:31am On May 08, 2013
sakaguchi: The fear of Mourinho is the beginning of wisdom, he sure did retire because Mourinho is coming back to Chelsea and he doesn't want to play second fiddle.
that would be in your dream

1 Like

Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by sylve11: 10:31am On May 08, 2013
Really sad to see this man retires. sad sad Enjoy ur retirement period SAF! cool

1 Like

Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by shagaman: 10:31am On May 08, 2013
Even as I am a die hard Chelsea fan, I respect Sir Alex Ferguson, a great coach ,a great man...A living Legend Extra Stout. grin

1 Like

Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by davida222(m): 10:32am On May 08, 2013
Sir Alex Ferguson will step down as
Manchester United manager at the
end of the season after 26 years in
charge.
The Scot, 71, has won 38 trophies for
the club and will now become a
director and ambassador.
His haul includes 13 league titles, two
Champions League crowns, five FA
Cups and four League Cups.
"The decision to retire is one that I
have thought a great deal about. It is
the right time," Ferguson said.
Jose Mourinho has been installed as
favourite to take over from Ferguson
by bookmakers, with Everton's David
Moyes and Borussia Dortmund's
Jurgen Klopp also in the running.
Ferguson is confident his successor
will take over a club in good health
after winning their 20th title 17 days
ago.
"It was important to me to leave an
organisation in the strongest possible
shape and I believe I have done so,"
he said.
"The quality of this league winning
squad, and the balance of ages within
it, bodes well for continued success at
the highest level whilst the structure
of the youth set-up will ensure that
the long-term future of the club
remains a bright one."
Ferguson praised the people he felt
helped him build the club from a
team that had not won a title for 26
years into one of the biggest in the
world.
"I must pay tribute to my family, their
love and support has been essential,"
he added.
"My wife Cathy has been the key
figure throughout my career,
providing a bedrock of both stability
and encouragement. Words are not
enough to express what this has
meant to me.
"As for my players and staff, past and
present, I would like to thank them all
for a staggering level of professional
conduct and dedication that has
helped to deliver so many memorable
triumphs. Without their contribution
the history of this great club would
not be as rich.
"In my early years, the backing of the
board, and Sir Bobby Charlton in
particular, gave me the confidence
and time to build a football club,
rather than just a football team.
"Over the past decade, the Glazer
family have provided me with the
platform to manage Manchester
United to the best of my ability and I
have been extremely fortunate to
have worked with a talented and
trustworthy Chief Executive in David
Gill. I am truly grateful to all of them.
"To the fans, thank you. The support
you have provided over the years has
been truly humbling. It has been an
honour and an enormous privilege to
have had the opportunity to lead your
club and I have treasured my time as
manager of Manchester United."
Ferguson is the most successful
manager in the history of the British
game and famously won a treble in
Co-chairman Joel Glazer highlighted
Ferguson's desire to continue to
produce winning teams throughout
his time at United.
He said: "Alex has proven time and
time again what a fantastic manager
he is, but he's also a wonderful
person.
"His determination to succeed and
dedication to the club have been truly
remarkable.
"I will always cherish the wonderful
memories he has given us, like that
magical night in Moscow [when
United won the Champions League]."
Fellow co-chairman Avie Glazer
expressed how important the United
board felt it was to ensure Ferguson
continued working for the club
despite his decision to step down as
manager.
"I am delighted to announce that Alex
has agreed to stay with the club as a
director," he said. "His contributions
to Manchester United over the last 26
years have been extraordinary and,
like all United fans, I want him to be a
part of its future."
David Gill revealed Ferguson had been
planning to make his succession
easier by putting in place a young
squad and a state of the art training
facility at Carrington.
He said: "I've had the tremendous
pleasure of working very closely with
Alex for 16 unforgettable years -
through the treble, the double,
countless trophy wins and numerous
signings.
"We knew that his retirement would
come one day and we both have
been planning for it by ensuring the
quality of the squad and club
structures are in first class condition.
"Alex's vision, energy and ability have
built teams - both on and off the pitch
- that his successor can count on as
among the best and most loyal in
world sport.
"The way he cares for this club, his
staff and for the football family in
general is something that I admire. It
is a side to him that is often hidden
from public view but it is something
that I have been privileged to witness
in the last 16 years.
"What he has done for this club and
for the game in general will never be
forgotten. It has been the greatest
experience of my working life being
alongside Alex and a great honour to
be able to call him a friend."
Current Blackpool manager Paul Ince
won two league titles, two FA Cups, a
European Cup Winners' Cup medal
and a League Cup during his time
playing for Ferguson at United.
He told Sky Sports News: "I'm totally
shocked. What he's done is
unbelievable. You'll never see anyone
of his kind again.
"Two weeks ago he was talking about
staying on for another two years, so
it's a massive, massive shock.
"The way he treated me was like a
son."
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by ochukoccna: 10:32am On May 08, 2013
Olekumaster: go home boy. You're drunk!
@ 10:23 am in the morning undecided

shagaman: Even as I am a die hard Chelsea fan, I respect Sir Alex Ferguson, a great coach ,a great man...A living Legend Extra Stout. grin

Na you go buy am
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by thuao(m): 10:33am On May 08, 2013
Man utd. Will miss u.
U re a legend.
Ur achievement is unrivalled. U re the greatest of them all..
What's yhe way forward for man utd.
What next.
Who's the next manager.

1 Like

Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by Nobody: 10:33am On May 08, 2013
Anyway, regardless of how we EPL faithfuls feel about the enigmatic Sir Alex Ferguson - he's still the greatest coach/manager ever in English football history... He single-handedly turn the average Manchester club to one of the greatest clubs in the world... and relegated a club like Liverpool FC and its rich history and success to the background... He also coached/managed some of the greatest footballers ever to grace the EPL - from Sir George Best, David Beckham, Eric Cantona, Andy Cole, Dwight Yorke, Jaap Stam, Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, to Ruud Van Nistelrooy etc..

His beef with BBC is also one of the longest ever... Brilliant and great manager, yet very controversial... His rivalry with Arsene Wenger also added spice to the EPL and made "Super Sunday" what it's...

You're a legend and we'll miss you, sir... wink tongue

1 Like

Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by Nobody: 10:34am On May 08, 2013
informatix: Job weldone Sir. Alex Feerguson. The likes of Paul Scholes,Roy Keane,Nicky But,Brown,Garry Palister,Giggs,Sheringham,Sharp,Cantona,Jesper Blomqvist,Johan Cruyf,Dwight Yorke,Andy Cole,Rooney,Beckham,C.Ronaldo,denis Irwin,Ole Solksjaer,Ince,Vidic,Gary neville and Now RVP. Will always be Remembered. Job weldone.

grin U dint remember Valencia..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Manchester City Vs Chelsea 1 - 0 On 15th January 2022 / Stoke Vs Arsenal (3 - 2) On 6th December 2014 / Zenit Vs Chelsea UCL (3 - 3) On 8th December 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.