Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,773 members, 7,813,562 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:00 PM

Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager (25688 Views)

Alex Ferguson’s Last Chewed Gum For Sale On E-bay / David Moyes Confirmed As Manchester United New Manager / Alex Ferguson Is Considering Retiring As United Manager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by mercato: 11:47am On May 08, 2013
shymexx:

Johan Cruyff never played for Manchester United - stop lying, mate... grin

Paul Ince the Guv'nor is a legend as well!!! Respect!!
jordi cruyff the son of yohan played for man utd
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by adeyemireal1(m): 11:47am On May 08, 2013
He is a Great Achiever but I feel sorry for man united fans becose next season dere is no cup for u guyz...#feeling sowi#
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by Nobody: 11:49am On May 08, 2013
ehis999:

shymexx probably meant Jordi Cryuff

But Jordi was a flop at Man utd.. and he barely played during the four years he spent at the club..

So I don't see why the guy would call him a Man utd great.. undecided That's like saying Eric Djemba Djemba, Veron, Kleberson, and Diego Forlan were also Man Utd greats as well
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by Nobody: 11:50am On May 08, 2013
mercato: jordi cruyff the son of yohan played for man utd

Played like 30 games(I doubt it's up to that) in four years, no? grin

I doubt anyone remembers him at Old Trafford...

Anyway, the guy wrote Johan not Jordi...
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by BrokenTV: 11:51am On May 08, 2013
executinal: Ha ha ha

The fear of Morihno return is the beginning of wisdom grin grin grin grin grin

Ferguson knows that with Morihno coming back as Chelsea manager, it will mean more higher blood pressure for Ferguson

Anyway you still a legend wink wink
check his age before spewing venom by the way if i may ask who is pursuing mourinho from Madrid.

1 Like

Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by jambonline2013: 11:53am On May 08, 2013
if you cannot see your Result because "You Have No Biometric Verification" call: 08115201122for assistance.
*NOTE : Biometric Verification ends on friday 10th of May 2013.
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by hunri(m): 11:54am On May 08, 2013
SAf! An enigma... 71 years of age is good enough for retirement.
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by toronto419(m): 11:55am On May 08, 2013

Ferguson knows that with Morihno coming back as Chelsea manager, it will mean more higher blood pressure for Ferguson
for ur information, mourinho has decided to continue at real madrid
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by donted(m): 11:57am On May 08, 2013
[quote author=byns]up blues[/quote

Can u pls relate what u wrote with the topic. F**L
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by Ejiuka: 11:57am On May 08, 2013
mikeyhendze,cant believe you use evereything to joke,if you want to improve your skills,not in this forum
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by davida222(m): 12:03pm On May 08, 2013
Thanks for the Memories! For all that
you've achieved with United..! The
greatest of them all..!
You will leave a quite empty space on
the side of the field, with your
"gumchewing" and yelling @ te refs
And not to speak of how much we will
miss "Fergie Time"..!!!
You've done so much for this club,
and
set the bar and expectations quite
high
for the next coach to live up to...!!
There will be only one. There IS only
one. Forever in our glorious red
hearts!
Sir Alex Ferguson, Forever.

1 Like

Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by Kx: 12:04pm On May 08, 2013
Am not a United Fan but from my "side view", United should kiss trophies good bye with the departure of SAF.
You can never have a second SAf for United.
I would rather SAF stays in the background to guide the in-coming coach than see a new man with no history and culture of United destroy the legacy this old man labored so much to build.
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by waistaa(f): 12:06pm On May 08, 2013
truly yhu b legend sir.I pray jorgen klopp comes in as manager for utd since SAF has joind the board n he is the director of sports.jorgen is a gud coach.
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by mkoabiola: 12:07pm On May 08, 2013
Unconfirmed report,until he retire @ d end of d season b4 I blv d breaking news.
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by seunblack(m): 12:07pm On May 08, 2013
25 Real Madrid managers, 17 Chelsea managers, 14 ManCity managers, 13 Bayern Munich managers, 1 United SIR ALEX FERGUSON"#respectSAF

2 Likes

Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by Man2utd(m): 12:16pm On May 08, 2013
1 sir
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by Kingspin(m): 12:17pm On May 08, 2013
He fears the return of mouriho to chelsea.That could be his backyard reason..why taking us by suprise!
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by tejpot(m): 12:17pm On May 08, 2013
A man of 2 centuries, as I will from hence call you. Retire well!
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by ddeola: 12:17pm On May 08, 2013
Bowing out when the ovation is loudest and in style at the right age. Welldone Fergie
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by davida222(m): 12:17pm On May 08, 2013
Its about the only business in this
Country that has not been effected by
this government or any other. This is a
sad sad day for not only UK football
but the global reach that Fergy gave
this club. He brought it from a massive
local team to a global success through
2 recessions. I here lots of people
saying good ridance to him. Thats only
because he has been a massive thorn
in there teams side and the premier in
general. Sir Alex Ferguson will be a
legend in Manchester Utd history and
global football history. You cant say
that about 90% of the managers that
come out of the UK. Good Luck Sir
Alex, your a great man.
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by ZUBY77(m): 12:18pm On May 08, 2013
Dear Sir Alex...
I heard and read the news of your
retirement this morning. I recieved the
news with mixed feelings. I agree that
your retirement is long overdue but it
is almost sad to see you leave a club you nurtured into a formidable force in
World football.
You did not just bought and raised the
likes of Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Eric
Cantona, Roy Keane, Wayne Rooney,
Rio 5, Van Nielstroy and Peter Schmeikel, you also Bought and Raised
the like of Me, my friends and many
millions of Manchester United fans who
started supporting The club right from
the year you took over in the middle of
80s. You won everything there is to be won
starting from the lowly community
shield to the Uefa Champions leauge
and World club cup..
We know that a day like this will
surely come yet it feels like we are not prepared to accept it.
While we celebrate your time and plan
to bid you farewell, please there is
something we would like you to do for
us.
Please help us get a good and informed successor who will replace you. Our
reasons ranges from the noises of our
'noisy neigbours' to the aggressions of
our London rivals.
There is a club called Arsenal who
claims that they play good football but hardly win anything. We are not
worried about them.
We are more worried about a certain
London club owned by a Russian
defector who buys whoever he wants
and fires whoever his girlfriend dislikes.
This club is known as the blues. Their
fans here in continental Africa
especially in Nigeria, are very
aggressive, rude and mouthy.
Unlike the Man United fans who are mostly Lawyers, Doctors, Bankers and
Teachers, The chelsea fans cut across
many professions such as Barbers,
vulcernizers, barrow pushers, Okadas
etc. You can imagine the behaviour of
the above mentioned professions. Please Sir Alex, we will need a final
advice on how to live side by side with
Chelsea fans. We couldn't achieve that
on our own especially in places like
Ajegunle, Okpoko, Orile, Ojo etc.
We were able to manage in Places like Victoria Island, zoo estate and Lekki
and Ikoyi because they hardly live in
such places.
Even if it means buying Muorinho for
Man U, do it.
Thanks. Yours Zubby, on behalf of Nigerian
Assoc. Of Man U fans.

4 Likes

Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by j4jj: 12:24pm On May 08, 2013
dahdah: WELDONE TO A GREAT MANAGER, GOOD IN THE LOCAL LEAGUE, WON TWO CHAMPIONS LEAGUE IN OVER 26YEARS

Mourinho did dat in less than 10yrs
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by momodub: 12:26pm On May 08, 2013
Morihno is coming to old traford to manage Man united...guys mark my words
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by splashbaby(m): 12:31pm On May 08, 2013
This is the moment I feared most...His face was an emblem of Man United success for 26 year...the best manager in the world
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by Luckki1001(m): 12:34pm On May 08, 2013
ZUBY77: Dear Sir Alex...
I heard and read the news of your
retirement this morning. I recieved the
news with mixed feelings. I agree that
your retirement is long overdue but it
is almost sad to see you leave a club you nurtured into a formidable force in
World football.
You did not just bought and raised the
likes of Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Eric
Cantona, Roy Keane, Wayne Rooney,
Rio 5, Van Nielstroy and Peter Schmeikel, you also Bought and Raised
the like of Me, my friends and many
millions of Manchester United fans who
started supporting The club right from
the year you took over in the middle of
80s. You won everything there is to be won
starting from the lowly community
shield to the Uefa Champions leauge
and World club cup..
We know that a day like this will
surely come yet it feels like we are not prepared to accept it.
While we celebrate your time and plan
to bid you farewell, please there is
something we would like you to do for
us.
Please help us get a good and informed successor who will replace you. Our
reasons ranges from the noises of our
'noisy neigbours' to the aggressions of
our London rivals.
There is a club called Arsenal who
claims that they play good football but hardly win anything. We are not
worried about them.
We are more worried about a certain
London club owned by a Russian
defector who buys whoever he wants
and fires whoever his girlfriend dislikes.
This club is known as the blues. Their
fans here in continental Africa
especially in Nigeria, are very
aggressive, rude and mouthy.
Unlike the Man United fans who are mostly Lawyers, Doctors, Bankers and
Teachers, The chelsea fans cut across
many professions such as Barbers,
vulcernizers, barrow pushers, Okadas
etc. You can imagine the behaviour of
the above mentioned professions. Please Sir Alex, we will need a final
advice on how to live side by side with
Chelsea fans. We couldn't achieve that
on our own especially in places like
Ajegunle, Okpoko, Orile, Ojo etc.
We were able to manage in Places like Victoria Island, zoo estate and Lekki
and Ikoyi because they hardly live in
such places.
Even if it means buying Muorinho for
Man U, do it.
Thanks. Yours Zubby, on behalf of Nigerian
Assoc. Of Man U fans.

For your mind, you go say u don write intelligent letter, abi? First off, don't you think that getting Jose Mourinho in as the successor to SAF will amount to more "Aggressive, rude and mouthy" behaviour from Chelsea fans? Is it not also a direct acknowledgement of the threat that Chelsea will carry going forward when Mourinho returns home to his one true love in England? Why is it that it is Mourinho, out of all the candidates, that you want, abi u don forget say he is our father in Chelsea? If Chelsea fans, going by your letter above, are "Aggressive, rude and mouthy", doesn't it mean that by extension, Mourinho too will be "Aggressive, rude and mouthy" seeing as he coached us before? Abeg, choose another candidate. Moyes will be a very welcome successor, seeing as he is cut from the same cloth as Fergie. You guys should overlook his stint at Everton seeing as he wasn't backed by funds from their owners but still went on to do this well.

Anyway...

Chelsea beat Barcelona... Pep Guardiola Out
Chelsea beat Tottenham... Harry Redknapp out
Chelsea beat Liverpool... Dalglish out
Chelsea beat United... Ferguson out
#Respect... It's in the blood!

Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by elampiro(m): 12:39pm On May 08, 2013
shymexx:

So, you actually think that lousy hick who knows nothing about football said anything intelligent in his rant, don't you? SMFDH.. sad

Did Mourinho leave Chelses FC, or was he sacked?

I don't know why all these Abramovich era Chelsea supporters are always the loudest everywhere...

We the real Chelsea supporters know what time it's, and Jose Mourinho is our man!

The man that brought European glory back to England after 14 years of drought. A true legend!
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by Rex123(m): 12:40pm On May 08, 2013

Loool... It lky u haven't heard news of late... Chelsea has refused to pay the 20 million compensation to Madrid... †ђξ return of ur special one isn't sure dear!
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by ZUBY77(m): 12:40pm On May 08, 2013
Luckki1001:

For your mind, you go say u don write intelligent letter, abi? First off, don't you think that getting Jose Mourinho in as the successor to SAF will amount to more "Aggressive, rude and mouthy" behaviour from Chelsea fans? Is it not also a direct acknowledgement of the threat that Chelsea will carry going forward when Mourinho returns home to his one true love in England? Why is it that it is Mourinho, out of all the candidates, that you want, abi u don forget say he is our father in Chelsea? If Chelsea fans, going by your letter above, are "Aggressive, rude and mouthy", doesn't it mean that by extension, Mourinho too will be "Aggressive, rude and mouthy" seeing as he coached us before? Abeg, choose another candidate. Moyes will be a very welcome successor, seeing as he is cut from the same cloth as Fergie. You guys should overlook his stint at Everton seeing as he wasn't backed by funds from their owners but still went on to do this well.

Anyway...

Chelsea beat Barcelona... Pep Guardiola Out
Chelsea beat Tottenham... Harry Redknapp out
Chelsea beat Liverpool... Dalglish out
Chelsea beat United... Ferguson out
#Respect... It's in the blood!

Sorry.. which club fired 8 managers in 5 seasons?
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by subnormal: 12:44pm On May 08, 2013
Love him or hate him, SAF is still one of the greatest coaches in world football. In my own opinion, Klopp or Moyes should succeed him as united manager
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by onyxo76(m): 12:45pm On May 08, 2013
A great manager.Who is able to lead Man Utd the same SAF did remains the question...
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by onyxo76(m): 12:46pm On May 08, 2013
A great manager.Who is able to lead Man Utd the same way SAF did remains the question...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Stoke Vs Arsenal (3 - 2) On 6th December 2014 / Robin Van-Persie Is Off To Manchester United / Zenit Vs Chelsea UCL (3 - 3) On 8th December 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.