Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,796 members, 7,813,626 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:13 PM

Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager (25689 Views)

Alex Ferguson’s Last Chewed Gum For Sale On E-bay / David Moyes Confirmed As Manchester United New Manager / Alex Ferguson Is Considering Retiring As United Manager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by misterh(m): 10:57am On May 08, 2013
okpara ugo:

But the special one can resurrect a dead club to live.
but Man Utd has never been a dead club.
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by slyk2(m): 10:57am On May 08, 2013
A legend indeed!
It will take decades to match his credentials.
Am proud of you.
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by Nobody: 10:57am On May 08, 2013
I dont care so far winger still have a chance to remain in Arsenel
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by Zet72(m): 10:57am On May 08, 2013
[quote author=eiete]
Thank you moderators.
smiley
Time for my Liverpool to take over what belongs to me ,I mean the dominance of premier league....thank u fagusin&goodnight.
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by Nobody: 10:58am On May 08, 2013
executinal: Ha ha ha

The fear of Morihno return is the beginning of wisdom grin grin grin grin grin

Ferguson knows that with Morihno coming back as Chelsea manager, it will mean more higher blood pressure for Ferguson

Anyway you still a legend wink wink

U wicked no be small.. Btw, high blood pressure isnt good for an old man.

Special one is really a scare.
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by otokx(m): 10:58am On May 08, 2013
An icon indeed, they should hire the Bayern Munich coach to replace him.
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by Wisdom89(m): 11:00am On May 08, 2013
D man av reali tried is a livin legend.
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by davida222(m): 11:00am On May 08, 2013
alex ferguson's successor will be as a appointment of a new pope. Thanks for the Memories! For all that
you've achieved with United..! The
greatest of them all..!
You will leave a quite empty space on
the side of the field, with your
"gumchewing" and yelling @ te refs
And not to speak of how much we will
miss "Fergie Time"..!!!
You've done so much for this club,
and
set the bar and expectations quite
high
for the next coach to live up to...!!
There will be only one. There IS only
one. Forever in our glorious red
hearts!
Sir Alex Ferguson, Forever.

Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by Nobody: 11:01am On May 08, 2013
misterh: but Man Utd has never been a dead club.

grin don't tell me that Rubbish!!! 1st Year of Ferguson, Man U finished in 17th Place!! The Only Club in the EPL that has not experienced Relegation is Arsenal!
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by Abeyjide: 11:01am On May 08, 2013
Why is it that when chelsea beat a bigger club,the coach tend to retire e.g Guarduola and now the legend Mr Alex Ferguson.kudos to Ferguson from a chelsea fan.up chelseaaaaaaa
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by kirian202: 11:01am On May 08, 2013
executinal: Ha ha ha

The fear of Morihno return is the beginning of wisdom grin grin grin grin grin

Ferguson knows that with Morihno coming back as Chelsea manager, it will mean more higher blood pressure for Ferguson

Anyway you still a legend wink wink
Ferguson knows wat awaits him next season, Morinho and falcao coming to Chelsea and suares, cavani,ibramovic coming to man city. Is another time Bomb for him
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by boron10(m): 11:04am On May 08, 2013
[quote author=Zet72][/quote]
Don't be deluded, liverpool is still behind mancity, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham and everton. It will take a great Miracle for liverpool to win in 5 years time
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by ehis999: 11:05am On May 08, 2013
sauceEEP: how i wish mourinho will turn down chelsea offer and take the baton from fergie.

If wishes were horses...
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by Essential(m): 11:05am On May 08, 2013
Guy u re wrong, he is not the greatest manager in epl history. Bob paisley of liverpool is the greatest manager in english football history. He won 19 titles in 9 seasons including 3 champions league. No disrespect to him or u, it just the fact. He is a great manager.
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by kennyroji: 11:06am On May 08, 2013
What a great man, he will be missed not only by man-u fans but the entire EPL clubs....kudos to him.
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by yampoo(m): 11:06am On May 08, 2013
Sir Alex Ferguson thank u for the honors u brought to manchester united.
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by fabregas04(m): 11:07am On May 08, 2013
dis man has done well 4 english football, brought it to limelight, made it more competitive. he's a gr8 achiever. though i'm an arsenal fan, but i like saf as a manager, though was involved in sum controversies, bt dat's human being 4u. i wsh him all d best. i wl agree wt d idea dat david moyes shld succeed him, he has done well @ everton.
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by misterh(m): 11:08am On May 08, 2013
Bimfo:

grin don't tell me that Rubbish!!! 1st Year of Ferguson, Man U finished in 17th Place!! The Only Club in the EPL that has not experienced Relegation is Arsenal!
ok lemme rephrase it. Man Utd is not a dead club to be resurrected by Mourinho. Are you happy nw? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by ehis999: 11:08am On May 08, 2013
shymexx:

Johan Cruyff never played for Manchester United - stop lying, mate... grin

Paul Ince the Guv'nor is a legend as well!!! Respect!!

shymexx probably meant Jordi Cryuff
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by ray4life(m): 11:09am On May 08, 2013
to a great man. he came , he saw and he conquered.

thank u sir Alex.
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by orelove4liff: 11:09am On May 08, 2013
Ravenwolf: In as much as i admire the Man for his sheer longevity and staying power, i often wonder whether all the conspiracy theories floating around about him being a Cheat and great at bribing referees have any shred of truth in it.

In 26 years he won 38 domestic trophies because he could cheat abi? but because he couldn't cheat continentally he won just two titles??

My 16 KOBO'S.
mumu,how many champion league trophies did barca,madrid,chelsea and bayern munich win since 1986 despite changin world class coaches?u think say champions league na child play?can u rememba d numba of times united appear in d quarter,semi and even final of d champions leaque?u wrote trash

1 Like

Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by Notion(m): 11:12am On May 08, 2013
that is good for him,so that he can avoid hypertension when mourinho finally comes back to the epl
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by ehis999: 11:12am On May 08, 2013
al-qaeda:

GBAM!!!
PLUS THE EPL IS SUBSTANTIALLY INFERIOR TO THE REST OF EUROPE. THE FACT THAT MOSTLY FOREIGN BASED PLAYERS MAKE UP MOST OF THE TEAM JUST SAYS IT ALL. JUST TAKE A LOOK AT THE ENGLISH NATIONAL TEAM. BUNCH OF TURTLES WITH NO SENSE OF DIRECTION.

No need to comment a lot... from your name - al-qaeda, we know your capabilities...
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by usayab(m): 11:13am On May 08, 2013
Fagi goes out Npl morinho comes in. Blue 4 life
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by Nobody: 11:14am On May 08, 2013
CANT UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE HERE ARE CALLING HIM A LEGEND. WHAT DID HE DO. ANYONE, AND I MEAN ANYONE, CAN DOMINATE ENGLISH FOOTBALL WITH THE BACKING OF THE FA AND HOWARD WEBB. PLUS ALL THE MATCHFIXING HE WAS INVOLVED IN. THATS WHERE THE FA COMES IN AND COVERS UP FOR HIM. GUYS, WAKE UP AND LOOK AT WHAT IS HAPPENING BEHIND THE SCENES. NA WA OH.
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by expanshun: 11:14am On May 08, 2013
[quote author=eiete]It has just been confirmed that Sir Alex Ferguson will step down as Manchester United manager at the end of the season after 26 years in charge.

"The Scot, 71, has won 38 trophies since taking over from Ron Atkinson on 6 November 1986, including this season's Premier League title.
His haul includes 13 titles, two Champions League crowns, five FA Cups and four League Cups.

"The decision to retire is one that I have thought a great deal about. It is the right time," Ferguson said. "It was important to me to leave an organisation in the strongest possible shape and I believe I have done so. "The quality of this league winning squad, and the balance of ages within it, bodes well for continued success at the highest level whilst the structure of the youth set-up will ensure that the long-term future of the club remains a bright one.
Ferguson, who will take on the dual role of director and ambassador for United, praised the people he felt helped him build the club into one of the biggest in the world.

"I must pay tribute to my family, their love and support has been essential," he added."My wife Cathy has been the key figure throughout my career, providing a bedrock of both stability and encouragement. Words are not enough to express what this has meant to me.
"As for my players and staff, past and present, I would like to thank them all for a staggering level of professional conduct and dedication that has helped to deliver so many memorable triumphs. Without their contribution the history of this great club would not be as rich."

Already Bookmakers have made Everton manager David Moyes odds-on favourite to take over at Old Trafford.
The Scot is out of contract in the summer at Goodison Park having delayed talks on a new deal until the end of the season.

Next question is who is capable of filling his shoes?

yeah,a true sportman & also a deserving one indeed!thanks FERGIE BABA
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by nuelkaosi(m): 11:14am On May 08, 2013
Men!! Even as a chelsea fan, I will miss Sir Alex greatly!!! His mind games and all that. He is surely a legend.
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by orelove4liff: 11:15am On May 08, 2013
sauceEEP: how i wish mourinho will turn down chelsea offer and take the baton from fergie.
we dont nid mourinho! Mourinho is gonna come,win trophies for abt 4years and run away leavin manchester united in d state of collapse.we nid a coach who is gona wait for a very long time and morinho isnt d type.mourinho is only fit to coach in clueless club like chelsea
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by abc13: 11:15am On May 08, 2013
Pls, Nairalanders dont compare Sir with Mourinho. How many years of experience Mourinho had.
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by Nobody: 11:15am On May 08, 2013
Sir Alex Ferguson v Chelsea 1987-2013: W22 D25 L25. Amazing Career....Take a Bow Sir.

#CFC!!! Pride of London
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by Luckki1001(m): 11:16am On May 08, 2013
As much as I will like to be biased about this matter, I really must admit that the EPL has lost a true legend via SAF's retirement. In my honest opinion, I believe the Glazers are behind this shock retirement because judging by comments made only last week by SAF about new signings which have been identified that will come in during the summer, those comments weren't made by someone who wants to retire any time soon, rather they seemed like someone who wants to be around for some time yet. Seems to me the Glazers have lined up Mourinho already and didn't want to lose this opportunity.

The only thing wey I no like about this episode be say Manyoo fans will now have a ready excuse for next season when they end it trophyless and out of the top four, that is, if it is not mourinho that will take over at old trafford grin grin grin

Adieu, SAF. You fully deserve it.

But wait ooo, what will now become of Howard Webb and Clattenburg? Will they retire as well? Or will SAF take over at the Referee's Association? What's that... no be some angry manyoo fans I dey see approaching my way so? I'm outta here (Na joke I dey joke ooo, my peeps. Abeg make una no vex grin grin grin)
Re: Alex Ferguson Retires As Manchester United Manager by ehis999: 11:17am On May 08, 2013
I'm sure Rooney will be happy to see Sir Alex go...
This guy - SAF was very confident only three days ago about his future...Clearly, he's been forced out!

I strongly doubt that a deal has been brokered with a new manager and that a replacement will be announced in 48 hours...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Stoke Vs Arsenal (3 - 2) On 6th December 2014 / Robin Van-Persie Is Off To Manchester United / Zenit Vs Chelsea UCL (3 - 3) On 8th December 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.