Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland - Nairaland / General (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland (21995 Views)

Concerning Our Catastrophic Loss Of Your Valuable Data / Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? / Golden Rules Of Life To Be Considered In 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Go Down)

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by freecocoa(f): 9:39am On May 09, 2013
Chei, I'm pitying Seun walai, make una understand and bear with him na, will it be better if he's dead cos of what people say about islam on here?

Mukina I see you, you better say something cos I'm sure you are part of the team that put these rules in place.
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by NOLONGTIN1(m): 9:39am On May 09, 2013
Seun:
Rule 17 is the most controversial rule because it sounds unfair. My fellow moderators have debated this rule at length and it could not be changed. We cannot extend the prohibition against offence to other religions because that limits your freedom of speech, and we cannot remove that rule without jeopardizing security and the safety of lives. Sorry about this.

Best regards,
Seun Osewa.

Really!!! Could these have come out of an educated person?? What kinda fuckedUpExcuse is this, it doesn't even make sense.
My brain is still trying to process it, if someone in Iran(or any other terrorist country) had said these it wouldnt surprise me, but for someone in a secular state like NIGERIA. Tufiakwa!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by naijapatriot: 9:41am On May 09, 2013
[size=8pt]TIME TO OCCUPY NAIRALAND[/size][size=8pt][/size]
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by ZN2: 9:41am On May 09, 2013
I'm not even talking about modifying the rules.

F*cking take them OFF the Reply page?!!! angry angry angry

I now have to scroll down to reach the Reply Box to start typing, all of that black junk of text is nothing but distracting! angry angry angry
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by ATMC(f): 9:41am On May 09, 2013
obadiah777: I THINK I HAVE A BIBLE VERSE FOR THAT >>> 2 THESSALONIANS 2 VS 3 for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, grin
i thought this verse speaks of d death of many before the great day?

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 9:41am On May 09, 2013
In Seun's Understanding; What is blasphemous to Islam, is Freedom of Speech in Christianity.

By such faulty interpreting of Rule 17, Seun and his MODs have proven once again that they lack the capacity to Understand the Concept of Freedom, Liberty and Blasphemy or he possibly is taking Christians for f00ls incapable of understanding common lexical structures. Should I rather say they are Pro-Islamic Extremism ?

I am not a fan of these Asian Ideologies but my siblings are. So based on that, I am very concerned about the way this issue is handled.

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by OCTAVO: 9:41am On May 09, 2013
slimyem: All these noise and one thing I know is Seun will never change hiis stance.Too set in his ways to really care about what majority of Nlers are comfortable with or not.
If he doesn't change his stance, then he's evidently stuppid!
And I can assure him that this site will collapse suddenly!

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 9:42am On May 09, 2013
sarutobie: This guy is the owner of a forum that just clicked 1million members few months ago and he is already showing dictatorial tendencies..imagine this same guy heading a state or a country...his arrogance and naïvety will know no bound!...I shudder at the thought of that..power is indeed intoxicating...whether he changes or modifies the rule doesn't matter..I am not bothered since he aint a christain anyway..

SEUN, I DARE YOU ADD A "DELETE ACCOUNT" option on Nairaland and watch your membership strenght reduce to 142.... Insha Allah!

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Babymyne: 9:42am On May 09, 2013
seun, u want make we port abi?
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Chilug(m): 9:43am On May 09, 2013
In any case we can insult christians. Rule 17 is appalling. I can't believe it

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 9:43am On May 09, 2013
Lamispaco: SEUN please can you kindly introduce the deactivate account button. Thanks.
i am nicely asking for a deactivating button too. Please uncle seun
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by elbinmanny(m): 9:43am On May 09, 2013
My fellow christian brothers n sisters in NL, I have come to the conclusion that this forum, is a wing of Islam, let's invade every single post and enlighten each other on the need to vacate this site for Seun n his fellow jihadist! They have taken pride in insulting or religion, killing our people at will! Now they have decided to shut us up where we could air our displeasure !
Pls and pls let's vacate this site in the name of God!
*all u have to do is sign out your comment with
"This is Sharialand , christian vacate, they hate us*
*waiting to be banned*

2 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by trolling(m): 9:44am On May 09, 2013
all of una dey talk about free speech and all that...the time comes when una no go fit post for internet sef or oppose those that be in power ,you will do as you are told or face the wrath of the king and his army,seun is just giving u a taste if it grin
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 9:46am On May 09, 2013
Seun: My Fellow Nairaland Members,

Your mixed reactions to the "new" rules have not gone unnoticed. While most people actually liked them, many people had one complaint or the other. To address your concerns, I have modified rules 1,4, 13, 15, and 21. I believe you will be pleased with the changes: https://www.nairaland.com/1026/nairaland-forum-rules-regulations

These rules are not as new as many people think. They are essentially the rules we have been enforcing all along, but they have been expressed in a more compact form to encourage you to actually read them. I created the 1st draft on the 7th of April and my fellow moderators gave me a lot of feedback which I incorporated into the rules before publishing them yesterday.

Rule 17 is the most controversial rule because it sounds unfair. My fellow moderators have debated this rule at length and it could not be changed. We cannot extend the prohibition against offence to other religions because that limits your freedom of speech, and we cannot remove that rule without jeopardizing security and the safety of lives. Sorry about this.

Best regards,
Seun Osewa.
What manner of apology is this? Is this meant to even be an explanation? Just when we needed you to be really explicit about that rule, you come up with this bilious reason.

Very pathetic.
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 9:47am On May 09, 2013
re – why Seun may forbid the discussion of islam on Nairaland

The good and bad thing about the internet is that a user can just be anybody, anytime and anywhere. This ‘user’ can decide to be a ‘he’, ‘she’ or whatever, since no one sees the typist behind the computer screen. The internet is definitely the definition of the freedom of speech.

As the premier, prime-time, first and foremost online meeting place for Nigerians all around the world, ‘Nairaland‘ is not a stranger to the average internet user – especially in Nigeria. Discussions on various issues all litter the place and its really a Nairaland. I myself just manage to keep up, catch up and read through various discussions etc., and at the end of it all, i’m still far away from the latest gists while I burst into mode: laugh, at least to make my day.

The latest discussion, one that I read and which bugged my head is from Mr. Nairaland himself, titled: Why I may forbid the discussion of Islam on Nairaland. The question soon crossed my mind whether our brother Seun would be needing a body guard. I believeithasn’t come to this yet, but maybe………

Looks as if he received some emails that stung and so he had to speak out, at least for his own safety and for the information of all:

On one hand, we have the popular and cantankerous Christians that take delight in speaking against Islam and will continue to do so even though I keep banning them. On the other hand, we have muslims who believe I am personally culpable even though I did not make those posts because I am the only person whose name is associated with this website.

I am not willing to bear the risk of "fatwa", so by the end of this week it will be an offense to talk about Islam on Nairaland. I do not have the time to go through your posts one by one. Even if I had the time, how would I know what is offensive and what is not offensive to these people? I’m not a Muslim (neither am I a Christian) so I cannot judge what is offensive (or not).

That is why it will soon be a terminal offense to talk about Islam on Nairaland. Thanks for understanding.

Quote from: Usman Muhammad A advice for you I really appreciate your dedication and skills in designing this website. I write not to praise your exceptional skills but to advice you on just one thing that will inevitable come to you. By birth a Muslim is emotionally reactive to his religion, Nigeria Muslim on the other hand are slightly explosive to any thing they consider blasphemy to Islam and our noble Prophet.

Seun, I respectably urge you to have firm control of your web site. The forum under religion is embodied with lots of abusive, offensive and incisive phrase against Islam. Phrase that is capable of igniting a serious tension and a threat to your own life. I am a Muslim, a moderate Muslim you may say, but I can tell the reaction and counter reaction of an extremist who can easily be offended by contents of your web site. The authors may not be known, but you as the founder, would be easily branded as an abettor and a party to the offence. WhatI am saying in effect is that, you should edit, delete and choose topics posted on the forum you consider offensive. Imagine phrase calling Prophet Muhammad “evil” “silly”. No! No!! No!!! Osewa, you should act quickly, or else one day, a fatwa would be issued for you, and then you will be a celebrity under serious police protection. Then you can as well spend your [salary] undercover. These guys that post this thing are trying to destroy what you have suffered to build.

Quote from: Seun Osewa Hello Muhammad,

Why not mention the specific threads you want me to remove? How am I to know which threads you find offensive if you do not name them one by one so I can remove them?

Regards, Seun Osewa.

Its not a new story that Nigerians are willing to go any length when it comes to religion. From North to South, the testimonies abound.

I remember, before, I enjoyed reading through any religious headed post I saw, but for some time now, I can say I have abstained. I have abstained because some people just say anything under the sun to back up their own idea/s(right or wrong) to crucify whoever/whatever they wish to speak against. I’m like,God must be a very patient God. If left to these trash-talkers alone, a few slaps on their faces would definitely allow us to know who has said what on Nairaland. abi?

I believe that everybody has a right to his own opinion, and isn’t it right enough that people learn to respect the opinion of others while they stick to their own? Its not by force to accept your opinion, but why condemn me –why condemn my person?

The bashing, insults etc., kinda spoil the whole religious soup on Nairaland, and its a pity - if these talkers are the youth on which the reins of Nigeria’s future hangs. Some of them might end up becoming religious ministers themselves, yet they can’t see where the lines of right and wrong are crossed – especially in matters of words and thought.

There is a difference between trying to convince and trying to condemn. Majority of Nairaland talkers, especially on religious issues(between Christianity and the Muslim faith) is condemnation back and forth. This same picture cuts across to the political circle. If we can’t agree up to a point on the religious bend, how much more politics.

Nairaland is offered free of charge. Thank you Seun. But why should you allow someone login free of charge and put you into an official problem, considering that in Nigeria, anything can happen.

Yes, a word is enough for the wise, and Mr. Nairaland has said his piece. I would be happier if not only the discussion of Islam is forbidden, the discussion of Christianity should be forbidden to. At least, lets be on playing-level and see what else we can talk about.

Maybe we would be able to see more common things amongst us, rather than a lotta religious differences.

p.s: I’m a Christian, if you care to know

http://naijatechtalk./2008/02/06/re-why-seun-may-forbid-the-discussion-of-islam-on-nairaland/

All credits go to Naptu2

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by mrman2(m): 9:47am On May 09, 2013
Seun is a very smart man. That rule 17 is just a ploy to generate more traffic to his site. Look at how many people are commenting, 15pages in just 2hours. Don't worry, he'll change it when he is satisfied.
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by IleIfe2(m): 9:47am On May 09, 2013

Best regards,
Seun Osewa.

Are you kidding?
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by lateef4me(m): 9:48am On May 09, 2013
Who the hell have the audacity,temerity and effrontery to HIDE my post ?

I know one boko haram is behind it,and that boko haram shall suffer except and unless he relaeses my post and accept the Lord Jesus into his life.it's not yet too late.

As for Seun,I comment my reserve !
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by dare2think: 9:48am On May 09, 2013
idefix: TERRORISTS ARE TAKING OVER

Indeed.

Terrorism is not only throwing bombs, it also involves inducing fear, limiting freedom and disrespecting others.

Rule 17 is a terrorist action that only benefits a terrorist ideology.

The ideology of fear and intimidation.

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by babseg(m): 9:49am On May 09, 2013
~ZN~:
I'm not even talking about modifying the rules.

F*cking take them OFF the Reply page?!!! angry angry angry

I now have to scroll down to reach the Reply Box to start typing, all of that black junk of text is nothing but distracting! angry angry angry

As a new mod that's the way we want it. We want you to be seeing it all the time. We are planning to remove it by 2073 by that time you must have memorised it word for word, cap for cap and font for font.

BEST REGARDS
BABSEG
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by IYANGBALI: 9:49am On May 09, 2013
bbpreye.:

SEUN, I DARE YOU ADD A "DELETE ACCOUNT" option on Nairaland and watch your membership strenght reduce to 142.... Insha Allah!
he can't DOES that,he no fit
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 9:52am On May 09, 2013
what about the "deactivate your account" tool we talked about? Still working on it?

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Fourcade(m): 9:52am On May 09, 2013
Seun dun tell una say im dey 'Sorry' , wetin una want hear again! grin
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Kenny4lyfe(m): 9:53am On May 09, 2013
@SEUN not fair!
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 9:53am On May 09, 2013
BadReligion:

Alibaba GCFR, is that you?
NO SIR LOL
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Segunbills(m): 9:53am On May 09, 2013
Rule #7 says "Don't say or do anything that's detrimental to the success of Nairaland". Seun you may have just succeded defaulting this rule with your autocratic rule #17, #21
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 9:53am On May 09, 2013
mr_man: Seun is a very smart man. That rule 17 is just a ploy to generate more traffic to his site. Look at how many people are commenting, 15pages in just 2hours. Don't worry, he'll change it when he is satisfied.
Your head correct! was about saying the same thing. Seun wants to generate traffic with the controversial rule and we are gullible to play along with him. By tomorrow, he will change the rules and you will see gullible nairalanders rejoicing and calling Seun a good listener and praising him. What a perfect game. I dey laff! grin
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by OCTAVO: 9:54am On May 09, 2013
[size=40pt]NAIRALAND IS ON FIRE[/size]

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by vascey(m): 9:55am On May 09, 2013

Your mixed reactions to the "new" rules have not gone unnoticed. While most people actually liked them, many people had one complaint or the other. To address your concerns, I have modified rules 1,4, 13, 15, and 21. I believe you will be pleased with the changes: https://www.nairaland.com/1026/nairaland-forum-rules-regulations

These rules are not as new as many people think. They are essentially the rules we have been enforcing all along, but they have been expressed in a more compact form to encourage you to actually read them. I created the 1st draft on the 7th of April and my fellow moderators gave me a lot of feedback which I incorporated into the rules before publishing them yesterday.

Best regards,
Seun Osewa.

Seun this number 17 rule is unjust and unfair. And worse, your attempt at rationalizing it is simply comical. I hope you have read your statement again and again. To me, it becomes more incredulous that someone of your stature and intellect could actually come up with the reasons you did. The only way I can rationalize your attempted rationalization of the incredibly and unbelievable senseless rule is that you included it under duress i.e. with a gun pointed to your head.

You need to change it. You have to.Everything will change if you do not. Times change and things change. I do not know what your situation is but if you will go down, you should go with principles. Not like this.
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Jankoller(m): 9:55am On May 09, 2013
Kenny4lyfe:
I'm risking a ban for this BUT I must speak the truth!
Dear Uncle Seun, all other protocols(MODS) duelly observed!
I saw this rules yesterday and decided to remain behind the crowd because, almost everyone spoke my mind! And like everyone else I'm particularly conserned about rule 17. The fact that you're telling us what you're saying this morning means there's something you're not telling us!
HAS "THE BOKO BOYS" DECLARED FATWA ON YOUR HEAD? If YES then, I can understand because you're the only known member on nairaland! If NO then, TREAT US AS EQUALS! Na only CHRISTIANITY fit take insults abi?
What's good for the goose they say is also good for the gander!

That is what you get from an ingrate and a fool. Ban me if you want or create a deactivate button.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18)

Brain Teaser: Guess The Country Names From The Pictures Below / How Can I Stop Being Soft Hearted As A Guy / Chad Troops In Nigerian Town For Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.