Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,520 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland - Nairaland / General (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland (22045 Views)

Concerning Our Catastrophic Loss Of Your Valuable Data / Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? / Golden Rules Of Life To Be Considered In 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Go Down)

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 9:09am On May 09, 2013
[quote author=gothrones]

You have written lots of dumb posts over the years, but this takes the cake. Can you see the irony, bias, and stupidity of your remark? What is so special about a group of devils who find it amusing to bomb others in the name of their backward religion? And you claim to be an atheist. Idíot![/
quote]
finally. I ws beginin 2 tnk dat nigerians are now gentle
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by 2sexyus: 9:10am On May 09, 2013
Interesting, isn't it? Then we all have to bear the consequences of that!
slimyem: All these noise and one thing I know is Seun will never change hiis stance.Too set in his ways to really care about what majority of Nlers are comfortable with or not.
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by leksgcfr(m): 9:10am On May 09, 2013
Seun:
It limits your freedom of speech. We do not want to limit your freedom of speech unless there is a very serious reason to do so.

It doesn't sound tenable for what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. Or are you afraid of the BH, mr. Seun?
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by wonlasewonimi: 9:10am On May 09, 2013
Alhaji Seun thanks for keeping number 17.
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by IYANGBALI: 9:10am On May 09, 2013
Donmichaelz: Nairaland is owned by Sheikh AbdulMUMUni Seun Ösewa...
my oga at the top is in trouble walahi
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by dabrake(m): 9:10am On May 09, 2013
@manipulating censored word . . .

So that
ar.se-nal will be bottom-nal?
T.i.t for tat will be bosom for tat?
She was ra.p.ed will be she was molestation?

@seun, forget it. That one no fit work.

Em, shey my signature carry odeshi? I fit use am insult the violent religion so.

Chai! I defaulted rule 21.
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 9:11am On May 09, 2013
Seun: Many Muslims don't like rule 17.
Why are you telling us? Why did you make that shit of a rule before? Change that thing fast abeg make ah nor ruin NAIRALAND o. Boys dey vex o.

2 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by MRMICKMEN: 9:12am On May 09, 2013
He can take the rules and stick it up his yoruba monkey as.s. crap
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 9:12am On May 09, 2013
slimyem: All these noise and one thing I know is Seun will never change hiis stance.Too set in his ways to really care about what majority of Nlers are comfortable with or not.

If he is like that! undecided Let the FALL begin!!! smiley
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Screwface(m): 9:12am On May 09, 2013
Seun, I DARE you to create a Deactivation of account option.

3 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Hardfact: 9:12am On May 09, 2013
Seun thank you for your guts. At least now it's no longer a rumour that even you yourself are biased in your way of running the forum. Hope it doesnt cost you much.

2 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by ehie007(m): 9:12am On May 09, 2013
lol @

21. Please post in proper English and spell your words correctly.
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Horpe2505(f): 9:13am On May 09, 2013
Rule 17 makes me think Seun has islamic origin
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 9:13am On May 09, 2013
Nl to the dogs , who let the bigot maclatunji type rule17...
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 9:14am On May 09, 2013
funky medina: [size=20pt]CHRISTIANS & OTHERS BOYCOTT NAIRALAND FOR AT LEAST 3 DAYS , I SUGGEST MONDAY TO WEDNESDAY NEXT WEEK . TO SHOW SEUN OUR DISPLEASURE. STOP TALKING... ACT!!!

IF YOUR A BUSINESS, PULL UR ADVERTISEMENT OR DO NOT RENEW IT

THE EFFONTRY OF THIS BOY CALLED SEUN IS UNBELIEVEABLE & WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO SEND A CLEAR MESSAGE !!! [/size]

bAN ME IF YOU LIKE..SCREWW YOU BIATCH! grin
WORD!

2 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Yeanks: 9:14am On May 09, 2013
I dnt even know who Seun tinks he is deceiving wit his 'I and My Moderators' crap...moderator kor, generator ni..

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Kenny4lyfe(m): 9:14am On May 09, 2013
Seun: My Fellow Nairaland Members,

Your mixed reactions to the "new" rules have not gone unnoticed. While most people actually liked them, many people had one complaint or the other. To address your concerns, I have modified rules 1,4, 13, 15, and 21. I believe you will be pleased with the changes: https://www.nairaland.com/1026/nairaland-forum-rules-regulations

These rules are not as new as many people think. They are essentially the rules we have been enforcing all along, but they have been expressed in a more compact form to encourage you to actually read them. I created the 1st draft on the 7th of April and my fellow moderators gave me a lot of feedback which I incorporated into the rules before publishing them yesterday.

Rule 17 is the most controversial rule because it sounds unfair. My fellow moderators have debated this rule at length and it could not be changed. We cannot extend the prohibition against offence to other religions because that limits your freedom of speech, and we cannot remove that rule without jeopardizing security and the safety of lives. Sorry about this.

Best regards,
Seun Osewa.
I'm risking a ban for this BUT I must speak the truth!
Dear Uncle Seun, all other protocols(MODS) duelly observed!
I saw this rules yesterday and decided to remain behind the crowd because, almost everyone spoke my mind! And like everyone else I'm particularly conserned about rule 17. The fact that you're telling us what you're saying this morning means there's something you're not telling us!
HAS "THE BOKO BOYS" DECLARED FATWA ON YOUR HEAD? If YES then, I can understand because you're the only known member on nairaland! If NO then, TREAT US AS EQUALS! Na only CHRISTIANITY fit take insults abi?
What's good for the goose they say is also good for the gander!

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 9:14am On May 09, 2013
Nairaland is owned by Seun Osewa. . . tongue

#Oh snap! The mods are gonna ban my arse... Shivering# grin
Seun is really giving himself a bad name....and losing respect while hes at it....what a shame....
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Ilaje44(m): 9:15am On May 09, 2013
JideTheBlogger:

Lol...think sey na beans? Better don't waste your time and money. Photocopy koo easy

Aburo, you should encourage and not discourage him. Variety is the spice of life, and competition does bring forth good innovations.
The rule 17 should be abrogated or properly fixed to include not just islam, but all religions

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by IYANGBALI: 9:15am On May 09, 2013
funky medina: [size=20pt]CHRISTIANS & OTHERS BOYCOTT NAIRALAND FOR AT LEAST 3 DAYS , I SUGGEST MONDAY TO WEDNESDAY NEXT WEEK . TO SHOW SEUN OUR DISPLEASURE. STOP TALKING... ACT!!!

IF YOUR A BUSINESS, PULL UR ADVERTISEMENT OR DO NOT RENEW IT

THE EFFONTRY OF THIS BOY CALLED SEUN IS UNBELIEVEABLE & WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO SEND A CLEAR MESSAGE !!! [/size]

bAN ME IF YOU LIKE..SCREWW YOU BIATCH! grin
oga seun boys dey vex o,abeg no comot for house o

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by gerald09(m): 9:16am On May 09, 2013
Seun: Many Muslims don't like rule 17.
Dude, u fink!?

2 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Psylas(m): 9:16am On May 09, 2013
MManuel: I propose a solution: edit the forum header from 'Nairaland forum' to 'Nairaland - The Islamic Forum'. We wont complain again. #WePromise
or sharialand
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by costan306(m): 9:17am On May 09, 2013
this set of rules is a blow to free speech.

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by nmagirl(f): 9:17am On May 09, 2013
Mr. man, u may not know it now but you are gradually turning this forum into the kind of things we see in our govt.(politics) now. One advice i have for you is to either change the mods now or do something about them. For crying out! the topics that make front page this days doesn't make sense at all. Who wears it better?, who dresses better, can you rock this etc. Give us something useful please.

As for rule no.17, we are waiting for you to change it or remove it entirely. We are not in a Sharia forum.

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 9:17am On May 09, 2013
ALL THE RULES ARE FINE EXCEPT RULE 11,14 AND 15. THOSE ARE JUST ST-UPID. WHOMEVER CAME UP WITH THOSE NEED A LOBOTOMY. CAN YALL UNDO THE SPAMBOT THAT HAS BANNED ME FROM THE RELIGION SECTION SINCE YESTERDAY MORNING ? PRECIATE grin
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by slimyem: 9:18am On May 09, 2013
21. Please post in proper English and spell your
words correctly.
Considering rule number 21, Is. "He molestation me" proper english??
Seem you should check yourself and you auto-correct nonsense too!

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 9:18am On May 09, 2013
21. Please post in proper English and spell your words correctly.

I laugh in swahili..English na your papa language? o je ma fi owo osi juwe ile baba re..

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 9:18am On May 09, 2013
bbpreye.:

Seun, are you a Muslim?
Seun, are you a member of B***H***
Seun, why can't you just respect Christainity?

On behalf of the GARRI advocates of NL we wish to express our utter disappointment at this action you hav taken among others.

Please do well to act professional and add a "DELETE ACCOUNT" option to our profiles, this is not a cult!

Thanks.

^^
I DARE YOU SEUN, ADD A "DELETE ACCOUNT" OPTION.
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Cestmoi1(f): 9:18am On May 09, 2013
u are biased.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19)

Top 10 Highly-desired Skills You Can Teach Yourself / How Can I Stop Being Soft Hearted As A Guy / Chad Troops In Nigerian Town For Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.