Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,163 members, 7,821,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Obama Visits Nigeria May 28 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama Visits Nigeria May 28 (21188 Views)

ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation / Jonathan & Buhari Set To Clash Over Proposed May 28 Handover Date / Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama Visits Nigeria May 28 by livethinme: 9:36am On May 09, 2013
adieora: Pls I doesn't know how to speak english. Wat does I do about it?

You could read some books? smiley
Re: Obama Visits Nigeria May 28 by lacasa: 9:36am On May 09, 2013
The no.1 terrorist is comin to visit his apprentice tongue

1 Like

Re: Obama Visits Nigeria May 28 by ezedolar: 9:37am On May 09, 2013
Welcome mr Obama but dont go to Borno state abeg
Re: Obama Visits Nigeria May 28 by Fakiro(m): 9:38am On May 09, 2013
It will better if the guy cancle hes visit No body need it anymore 'coz Nigeria is about to sulve his problems?
Re: Obama Visits Nigeria May 28 by kemisuga(f): 9:39am On May 09, 2013
Wetin concern me and an Antichrist. Mtcheww

1 Like

Re: Obama Visits Nigeria May 28 by optimusprime2(m): 9:45am On May 09, 2013
@OP; Obama should try as much as possible to not make Nigeria detest his butt, because he is beginning to act very proud...
Re: Obama Visits Nigeria May 28 by Nobody: 9:47am On May 09, 2013

Get a life sis!
Re: Obama Visits Nigeria May 28 by Esss(m): 9:47am On May 09, 2013
In other News Boko haram promises to welcome the President of America with open hands and fireworks..

1 Like

Re: Obama Visits Nigeria May 28 by tomakint: 9:47am On May 09, 2013
Finally, Obama is heading HOME!
Re: Obama Visits Nigeria May 28 by churific(m): 9:48am On May 09, 2013
"President Obama would be interested in hearing President’s Jonathan’s plan to control the Boko Haram insurgents who he plans to offered amnesty, even as the sect continues to slay hundreds in their quest to end western education in the country apart from kidnapping foreigners for ransom."

NONSENSE...He's only coming to talk OIL, OIL, OIL, OIL...OIL RELATIONS, OIL SUPPLY, OIL, NIGERIAN OIL, AFRICAN OIL, MORE OIL, CHEAP OIL, FOOLISH OIL, OIL, OIL,OIL...You think he'll even step foot anywhere near Nigeria if we were as dry as Kenya?

1 Like

Re: Obama Visits Nigeria May 28 by supereagle(m): 9:53am On May 09, 2013
No Nigeria president had this type of opportunity Uncle JEG is enjoying. Good luck to Nigeria.
Re: Obama Visits Nigeria May 28 by Obiagu1(m): 9:55am On May 09, 2013
@ funky medina,

Are you ok?
Re: Obama Visits Nigeria May 28 by dabrake(m): 9:56am On May 09, 2013
Shey my guy say him no go visit us. E be like sey him PA show am the below figure
America would be interested in a
partnership that would engender
a favourable outcome for both
countries whose bilateral trade
hit $5 trillion in the first quarter
of 2012
my guy just be like "bad as e bad, this place still sure pass"
Re: Obama Visits Nigeria May 28 by Mintayo(m): 9:56am On May 09, 2013
Esss: In other News Boko haram promises to welcome the President of America with open hands and fireworks..

i am sure by now-500 American secret agents will be in Nigeria without our knowing it; american heavily armed submarine(s) will be 'swimming' in 'our' lagoon wiithout us knowing it; i am sure american 'invisible' drones will be flying like eagle over Nigeria-if any Nigerian mosquito bites Obama, lasan-i hope Nigeria will not be history-starting from Abuja...anyway i.e if the story is true...loool!
Re: Obama Visits Nigeria May 28 by Drclassic(m): 9:57am On May 09, 2013
kidnappers get ready,this is a great opportunity to mak it in life winkkidnappers get ready,this is a great opportunity to mak it in life

1 Like

Re: Obama Visits Nigeria May 28 by Nobody: 10:01am On May 09, 2013
Mr. Globe:

boko haram on the verge of cease fire? with the baga and Taraba stories? You people just find it great displaying ignorance on nairaland

Mr tongue wagger! Maybe you should stick to reading through news paper columns always.
Obviously, you are the ignorant one here. If you don't know, bh has plenty factions, and I'm sure those ones who are still erring are from another faction.

Ala.
Re: Obama Visits Nigeria May 28 by Bonapart(m): 10:03am On May 09, 2013
Dis devil man should sit in his devil's country. Rather dan coming 2 Nigeria 2 impliment same sex marriage. He's just working under cover
Re: Obama Visits Nigeria May 28 by PapaBrowne(m): 10:06am On May 09, 2013
Listen Nigerians.
Nigeria is making tremendous progress. The opposition does not want you to see it all. So they feed the air with incessant lies.
They want us to believe that our economy is doing badly.
They want us to believe that corruption is at its highest.
They want us to believe that there is war in the country.
They hate it when they see the infrastructural renewal in Roads, Power, Rails and Airports.
They hate the Agricultural transformation because it is working.

I was at a mini kind of Seminar last month organized by an American very close the the American Government.
These were his words.
Nigeria's Economy is shocking economists globally. It is defying every known economic principle and growing tremendously in all sectors. Bombs are going off, Electricity is Erratic and Infrastructure is decrepit, yet the country is experiencing some of the best growth rates worldwide.
Americans have noticed. Europeans have noticed. The Asians have noticed. And they are coming in droves. But everybody is waiting for 2015. Walmart, Starbucks and MacDonalds and lots of other American Chains are searching for real Estate but are all waiting for 2015. If the current economic team is returned, they'll come.

Those were his words and that is the thinking of the current American Administration towards Nigeria.
Its only the opposition that thinks the country is a hell hole. They tell the world that Nigeria is a hell hole, but when rating agencies call Lagos the worst city to live in, they fight like Lagos is not Nigeria that they call a hell hole.

Obama's visit will piss offf these same opposition figures because it adds to Jonathan's credibility.

9 Likes

Re: Obama Visits Nigeria May 28 by sexyfire911(f): 10:09am On May 09, 2013
May 28 my bithday...yipee
Re: Obama Visits Nigeria May 28 by AnyiWa(m): 10:14am On May 09, 2013
Illuminati
Re: Obama Visits Nigeria May 28 by Jfast: 10:15am On May 09, 2013
Make we no hear story o
Re: Obama Visits Nigeria May 28 by kpozite(m): 10:16am On May 09, 2013
I thought they are sitting back and waiting for their prediction of disintegration in 2015 to come true? Why come now? I think despite our flaws Nigeria is indeed becoming an economic force difficult to ignore.
But I hope and I think Obama will tell GEJ to forget his 2015 ambition to ensure peace and stability in Nigeria and West Africa.
Re: Obama Visits Nigeria May 28 by Nobody: 10:18am On May 09, 2013
Expect massive security details all over Abuja.....
Re: Obama Visits Nigeria May 28 by Nobody: 10:20am On May 09, 2013
kpozite: I thought they are sitting back and waiting for their prediction of disintegration in 2015 to come true? Why come now? I think despite our flaws Nigeria is indeed becoming an economic force difficult to ignore.
But I hope and I think Obama will tell GEJ to forget his 2015 ambition to ensure peace and stability in Nigeria and West Africa.

How many times should someone drop his ambition because a section of the country is threatening fire and brimstone, GEJ MUST contest and whatever the north like let them do, Is there any new thing they will do apart from the ones they haven't done already but they should make sure to confine it in the north...
Re: Obama Visits Nigeria May 28 by Nobody: 10:27am On May 09, 2013
PapaBrowne: Listen Nigerians.
Nigeria is making tremendous progress. The opposition does not want you to see it all. So they feed the air with incessant lies.
They want us to believe that our economy is doing badly.
They want us to believe that corruption is at its highest.
They want us to believe that there is war in the country.
They hate it when they see the infrastructural renewal in Roads, Power, Rails and Airports.
They hate the Agricultural transformation because it is working.

I was at a mini kind of Seminar last month organized by an American very close the the American Government.
These were his words.
Nigeria's Economy is shocking economists globally. It is defying every known economic principle and growing tremendously in all sectors. Bombs are going off, Electricity is Erratic and Infrastructure is decrepit, yet the country is experiencing some of the best growth rates worldwide.
Americans have noticed. Europeans have noticed. The Asians have noticed. And they are coming in droves. But everybody is waiting for 2015. Walmart, Starbucks and MacDonalds and lots of other American Chains are searching for real Estate but are all waiting for 2015. If the current economic team is returned, they'll come.

Those were his words and that is the thinking of the current American Administration towards Nigeria.
Its only the opposition that thinks the country is a hell hole. They tell the world that Nigeria is a hell hole, but when rating agencies call Lagos the worst city to live in, they fight like Lagos is not Nigeria that they call a hell hole.

Obama's visit will piss offf these same opposition figures because it adds to Jonathan's credibility.

Well Said, For sure we will return the current team back to power... come 2015 Nigerians will vote massively for GEJ.
Re: Obama Visits Nigeria May 28 by nice4life: 10:35am On May 09, 2013
Sounds good.
Re: Obama Visits Nigeria May 28 by ZN2: 10:36am On May 09, 2013
Interesting. This is the kind of news we should be hearing.
Re: Obama Visits Nigeria May 28 by obyrich(m): 10:36am On May 09, 2013
I can help you
Re: Obama Visits Nigeria May 28 by frederal(m): 10:38am On May 09, 2013
No wonder everywhere smells of FBI and CIA, no wonder they're around. If I've opportunity, I will tell them of "#17" of NL; we may need US assitance here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Adamawa To Spend N200 Million On Prayer Warriors, Vigilante To Curb Boko Haram / Stop Disrespecting Buhari, Nigerian Government Warns Media / Shehu Sani: The Problem Is Not Going To Farm But Coming Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.