Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,851 members, 7,817,523 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" (17352 Views)

8 DISTINCT Differences Between ISLAM And BOKOHARAM / Who Can Diffrentiate Between ISLAM OR MUSLIM?? / A Comparison Between Islam, Christianity And Judaism And The Choice Between ... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by chlowi(f): 5:59pm On May 10, 2013
OooH no not again !!!! Pls admin pls may I suggest that rather than this silly threat of ban , could u kindly include the deactivate button? Gussshhhhh too many ban threat !!!!!
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 10, 2013
Jan koller.:
Explain what you mean before i ban you for life.
Of course Jesus wasn't a Christian, he was a Jew. But the Christian should strive to live like Jesus.
So I should have probably said the only person that reflected Christianity was Christ himself.
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Cocodiva: 6:00pm On May 10, 2013
@Op , Nice post.
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by NosaHenry(m): 6:05pm On May 10, 2013
Lilimax: The last time I checked, a person that practise Islam as a religion is a Moslem.
Also a person that practise Christianity as religion is a Christian.
Why the noise?
Are you that dull, that you didnt understand the premise of the write up. There is no body that is the total embodiment of his or her religion. Try to understand the religion and not the person practicing it. Simple.
Hope u passed your JAMB this time around.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Bonapart(m): 6:05pm On May 10, 2013
Muslim? Terrible religion
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by feyifassy: 6:08pm On May 10, 2013
Walexz02:
so the actions of few pastors that molest young childrens and use human parts for rituals[their are proofs if you need them] should be extended to all christians? What is worrying you is hatred,and untill you stop it you would always be doomed. Sorry eh?
and I think you should know that none of those pastors will openly come out,quote the bible and say they are doing it for God or xtian....

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Petbuk123(m): 6:10pm On May 10, 2013
Untill u get there u cant tell what will happen there,muslim follow ur quaran,christian follow ur bible.bt a question for d forum,"y so much killing in the north? Politics,religion or tribalism.muslim d act of doing islam bt what is islam?oya pls ans
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by tintingz(m): 6:12pm On May 10, 2013
opps! Double
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Mr4tunate: 6:14pm On May 10, 2013
tspun: we known there is difference btw both. D problem i am having is tring to understand y any religion (islam) will promise is people (muslim) a reward for killing innocent people.pls Explain if u can.

That's a lie, tell anybody dat says that to give u evidence either from the Qur'an or Hadeeth. In fact the rule in Islam is that whoever kills a soul is like someone who killed d whole human race nd will be punished by his creator as such. When the prophet Muhammad (SAW) was asked to explain d meaning of this statement he simply replied "just imagine if Adam had been killed". Brother hope i've answered u question

3 Likes

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by eriegua83: 6:17pm On May 10, 2013
So seun nd his moderators put this on the frontpage in other to start e-religious war and justify his sharia law 17. Moderator pls tell him all ur plans have failed.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Immortality(m): 6:23pm On May 10, 2013
So if the majority of practice a religion in a way, how do you conclude the tenets of such religion.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Nobody: 6:26pm On May 10, 2013
Hmmmmm altho am a xtian buh am just hearing it for the 1st tym dat islam and moslem are not dsame buh I wud like d op to tell us there difference
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Confusion: 6:26pm On May 10, 2013
Confusion is when you read and don't understand or the more you look the less you see but as my consultant friend will say "if you can not convince then you confuse them
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by rali123(f): 6:28pm On May 10, 2013
Bonapart: Muslim? Terrible religion

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by samally: 6:28pm On May 10, 2013
Hmmmmm....so so wonders....it as been written now it as come to pass..
All I can say is that, God should give me grace to follow him and do his will so that I won't be excluded in his kingdom/Glory at the last day!

Just because someone said his/her is going mosque does not mean is a true muslim, Nor because someone he/she said is going to church mean is a Christian...they're both goods as church/mosque goers.

NB
Devil is making human race to serve God under is anger...be wise and choose the way of enternal life and God not human needs
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Nobody: 6:32pm On May 10, 2013
Muslim Brother (Engr. Alfa),

I like your observation about some comments made by people on this forum. However, I disagreed with your position on the difference between Islam and Muslim when you quoted Ahmed Deedat that I have known to have grossly misquoted bible so severely to the extent of making himself the worst jihadist this generation has ever witnessed. There is no iota of truth on his preaching which is mainly based on discrediting the bible and the christian. I have never seen anybody in the christian fold that has made discrediting Al-Quran and Muhammed (S.A.W)his focal point. Millions of Nairalanders may not know anything about him, he is a man that has made discrediting Jesus and New testament his focal point. He claimed to know bible inside out and misquote bible and make mockery of Jesus to the admiration of his co-travelers who are very ignorant of the bible, Jesus and the holy spirit.
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by zangality(m): 6:36pm On May 10, 2013
banislam: i just dey luk una angry angry angry angry
Only God knows the reward He will appoint to you...
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Nobody: 6:45pm On May 10, 2013
Muslim Brother (Engr. Alfa),

Any follower of Ahmed Deedat cannot be objective in his submission or judgement.

I like your observation about some comments made by people on this forum. However, I disagreed with your position on the difference between Islam and Muslim when you quoted Ahmed Deedat that I have known to have grossly misquoted bible so severely to the extent of making himself the worst jihadist this generation has ever witnessed. There is no iota of truth on his preaching which is mainly based on discrediting the bible and the christian. I have never seen anybody in the christian fold that has made discrediting Al-Quran and Muhammed (S.A.W)his focal point. Millions of Nairalanders may not know anything about him, he is a man that has made discrediting Jesus and New testament his focal point. He claimed to know bible inside out and misquote bible and make mockery of Jesus to the admiration of his co-travelers who are very ignorant of the bible, Jesus and the holy spirit.
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by maclatunji: 6:46pm On May 10, 2013
babaolofin: Muslim Brother (Engr. Alfa),

You should look well, there are millions of pages of what you say you have never seen all over the internet.
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by InvertedHammer: 6:50pm On May 10, 2013

Islam is a religion

while muslims are individuals who garnish Islam with violence.
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by cold(m): 6:50pm On May 10, 2013
Point taken.But aren't Muslims supposed to portray the qualities of Islam in order to attract non-Muslims to the faith?With what we see today with Muslims where is the incentive to become one,whom do we emulate,where do we turn to?How can you extricate Islam from Muslims?Virtually impossible.So you see @OP,your argument rings hollow & flies in the face of common sense.You can't talk about Islam without the practitioners because the religion does not exist in a vacuum.

3 Likes

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by lanrexlan(m): 6:51pm On May 10, 2013
babaolofin: Muslim Brother (Engr. Alfa),

Brother,I challenge you to point where Sheik deedat made mockery of jesus(pbuh).In islam,we muslims don't abuse the prophets of ALLAH(peace be upon them all),nowhere in the glorious quran does it make mockery of jesus(pbuh).It's only the bible that makes false claims about jesus(pbuh).Sheik deedat said and we muslims also agreed to that.firstly,we muslims believed jesus(pbuh) was the messiah translated to christ,we believed he was born miraculously without the intervention of a male,we believed he healed those born blind and lepers through ALLAH's command,we believed he gave Life to the dead through ALLAH's permission.Infact no muslim is a muslim if he doesn't believe in jesus christ(pbuh).And all the points Sheik deedat raised about the contradictions in the bible,nobody is yet to answer them.
You said you have never seen anybody in the christian fold discreting the quran and muhammed(pbuh),brother maybe you aren't current.There are many christians on nairaland that hates islam and the prophet(pbuh),they visited anti islamic websites and posts false things and misconceptions about islam.Have you heard of Ali sina or sam shaoun? Both are haters of islam and muhammed(pbuh).....Peace

2 Likes

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Nobody: 6:53pm On May 10, 2013
maclatunji:

You should look well, there millions of pages of what you say you have never seen all over the internet.

Objectively, I respond to an intellectual discussion rather than wasting my time. Even in millions, there will always be one in millions. Ahmed Deedat, a white man who changes to Islam has taken his propaganda to many places. He remains the most vocal personalty on the think thank team of the Islam Jihad of the present day. I respond because postings are always kept for posterity. Bye.
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by maclatunji: 7:03pm On May 10, 2013
cold: Point taken.But aren't Muslims supposed to portray the qualities of Islam in order to attract non-Muslims to the faith?With what we see today with Muslims where is the incentive to become one,whom do we emulate,where do we turn to?How can you extricate Islam from Muslims?Virtually impossible.So you see @OP,your argument rings hollow & flies in the face of common sense.You can't talk about Islam without the practitioners because the religion does not exist in a vacuum.

Please stop already, okay let us say Boko Haram are Muslims. What religious group dominates the military and mobile police units that fight them? Muslims. So you would rather choose insurgents who are in the minority as your own representatives of Islam whilst ignoring the majority who serve as law enforcement agents and civilians who are often victims.

Look yourself in the mirror and give yourself the appropriate tag.
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by saddler: 7:13pm On May 10, 2013
Difference between muslim and islam?...this one na jamb kwession ooo.
In my own opinion,muslims are perfect humans who have been brain-washed by the religion "islam".Remove islam from a muslim and you will get a normal human being.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by cold(m): 7:15pm On May 10, 2013
maclatunji:

Please stop already, okay let us say Boko Haram are Muslims. What religious group dominates the military and mobile police units that fight them? Muslims. So you would rather choose insurgents who are in the minority as your own representatives of Islam whilst ignoring the majority who serve as law enforcement agents and civilians who are often victims.

Look yourself in the mirror and give yourself the appropriate tag.
Bruva puleeze!This defence is so feeble it's not even funny.No doubting there are Muslims in the JTF make up but are they the only ones in the CT (counter-terrorism)force?Not to talk of being in the majority.But I digress.The op was desperately trying to extrapolate Islam from Muslims & i reiterate the fact that is simply not possible.You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.No religion exists in a vacuum,people practise religion.What we have today with the Islamic faith is a lot of rotten wood & some mahogany.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Nobody: 7:34pm On May 10, 2013
Buh seriously....aw can one's creator DIE..ah smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Qualities Of A Good Muslim Husband / Eid-adha 2022: Post The Prices Of Animals At Your Location Here / Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.