Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,495 members, 7,816,178 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them (34539 Views)

Buhari More Interested In Humiliating Our Members - PDP Cries Out / Soldiers Raped Our Members Before Killing Them – Shiite Women / Ombatse Spokesman - 'Bullets Don't Kill Us' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by ozodimgba(m): 12:13am On May 10, 2013
Ihe ne-eme!
Goodluck did not kill anybody. U can deceive and confuse people not God. RIP to the dead.
Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by DisGuy: 12:17am On May 10, 2013
If these villagers had no guns, I think the ever incompetent police shot themselves; probably just returned fire without looking, ambushed each other
Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by mekaboy(m): 12:20am On May 10, 2013
Police went to fight a spiritual battle with physical weapons. They for go with strong pastor or native doctor.

4 Likes

Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by DAY12(m): 12:21am On May 10, 2013
Fresh Air cheesy

RIP to the dead cry
Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by lanreigah(m): 12:22am On May 10, 2013
LocalChamp: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Nine Members Before We Killed 95 Of Them
Posted: May 9, 2013 - 19:43

Posted by siteadmin

By SaharaReporters, New York

A man who admits to be an Ombatse traditional religionist in Nassarawa State has told SaharaReporters their group killed 95 policemen today, nearly four times the 23 the police have admitted.

Earlier, Abayomi Akeremale, the State Police Commissioner, said, "The Ombatse gunmen opened fire on our men, killing 23 and burning them," Nassarawa state police chief said, adding that 17 officers remain missing.

Akeremale said the security forces decided to arrest some Ombatse leaders after they receive reports they were embarking on forced conversions in the village of Elakyo, near Lafia, the Nassarawa capital.

Speaking through an interpreter on the phone, the traditional religionist denied shooting at the policemen, saying his groupresponded only with machetes and knives, not bullets, and only after the police had killed nine of their members.

Denying that they have been committing force conversions in mosques and churches, he said the policemen arrived in 12 patrol trucks and opened fire on his group.

“We were in our place performing our rites, when our members alerted us that police may come for our father and leader,” he said. “Suddenly that day, the armed police came with guns and we say what happened? They did not answer us but started spraying teargas on us and killed nine of our members. In return for self defence we killed 95 of them, we have no guns it was machetes that we used in defending ourselves and eventually killed them. There is nothing like gun attacks.”

On attacking mosques and churches, the sect member, first pointing out he has not been instructed to speak, denied the reports.

“We don’t do that,” he told our reporter. “Our group is serious about morality, we are against liquor and don’t harbour it, no sleeping with men and no stealing. We are on our own seeking protection for our own people, and the police just entered us.”

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/ombatse-traditionalists-police-killed-our-nine-members-we-killed-95-them
What is Labaran Maku saying about it? Those are his people for crying out loud!
Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by Acidosis(m): 12:24am On May 10, 2013
My God!
shocked shocked

& the honourable speaker representing the community was in the house today begging the I.G and pleading on their behalf...

Kai, I miss Obasanjo mehn!! Old soldier never die...!

5 Likes

Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by Nobody: 12:24am On May 10, 2013
seriously this news is a really sad one, they killed and burnt the police men? OMG
Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by nijanigga: 12:30am On May 10, 2013
Count the number of people killed reported in the news within two weeks. " Oyinbo" go dey laugh say this "N-i-g-g-a-s are more of cows and goats,their lives is worthless.We can use them for experiment.

2 Likes

Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by logica(m): 12:36am On May 10, 2013
Dis Guy: If these villagers had no guns, I think the ever incompetent police shot themselves; probably just returned fire without looking, ambushed each other
Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by Djtm(m): 12:44am On May 10, 2013
Seriously, how can you kill people armed with guns with knives and matchets? I thought this stuffs only happen in movies!
Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by Chubhie: 12:49am On May 10, 2013
“Suddenly that day, the armed police came with guns and we say what happened? They did not answer us but started spraying teargas on us and killed nine of our members. In return for self defense we killed 95 of them, we have no guns it was machetes that we used in defending ourselves and eventually killed them. There is nothing like gun attacks.”
These villagers must have infused alien technologies into those machetes.9 ratio 95 should get our military strategists thinking.Naija shall overcome this dark phase in her transition to greater heights.

2 Likes

Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by Nobody: 1:06am On May 10, 2013
Eazee-e:
Some of us that know these places can vouch that their is notin like d attack of mosques n churches as claimed by d Governor but rather dey hav been countering fulani attacks on eggon farmers which eventually led 2 d attack of d governors village when d fulani were traced down there by them. Dont 4get d governors elder broder been d village head escaped narrowly 4rom them. Hence d trap in which they hav fallen into n now d military hav a new job 2 do which is exactly d wish of d governor

My dear, I think U should forget what it seems the group is doing now, because it was obvious they where only a time bomb spelling an impending doom, because they would have started carrying out other attacks , after ther so called primary aim has been met, as evident by them fearless killing such amount of security agents and comming out boldly to tell it to the populace enlarge,like a feather on their cap.
besides why fighting and killing the security men who came to arrest their head if they knew what they were only doing was protecting themselves from fulani heardsmen ?

So U can clearly see now and agree with me, that they had other hidden agenda, anyway I pity them, cus that is an act of war they have called upon themselves, and this time around it is federal troops that will go there armed to the teeth with greenades , lets see how there "JAZZ" can save them from that one, n moreover in these kinda attacks its the old, children and women that will fall victim, cus the youths that are very active will all find routes of escape. such a pitty!!!!! cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by Nobody: 1:22am On May 10, 2013
i need to get into this frat.... for real!!

1 Like

Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by Nobody: 1:31am On May 10, 2013
mikelreal: seriously this news is a really sad one, they killed and burnt the police men? OMG

I still can't figure out how they did it
11 truck loads of armed police men in a convoy go to arrest one man,a traditional village head and a group of men on foot kill 90 ,burn the bodies and 2 trucks escape with wounded men to tell the tale.
I hope someone comes out with the truth of what exactly transpired because this is not making sense

2 Likes

Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by ogorsunday(m): 1:41am On May 10, 2013
shame on policemen imazine 95 policemen were killed how many remain then?

2 Likes

Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by dayokanu(m): 1:56am On May 10, 2013
Were they killing them with PS3 console?

8 Likes

Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by Nobody: 2:00am On May 10, 2013
dayokanu: Were they killing them with PS3 console?
lol ua high
Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by mistiff007(m): 2:31am On May 10, 2013
Barbaric Blood for blood Jungle action!!!!!!"Machetes & Knives,No bullets"(and those ancient charms??)
He could say that again with M16's & .50mm Cal.Brownings Mgs.
Khaki boyz need just 1 Apache air bird to retaliate.
Arrogant stinking old fooolz.
Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by brown938: 2:48am On May 10, 2013
What's this country turning to? God we need your intervention.
Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by Nobody: 2:50am On May 10, 2013
This one pass me oooo, can't comprehend how 95 officers of the Nigeria police armed with rifles ll be cut down with just machetes, there is something else involved, and they said fulani are the most deadly tribe, this tribe have that distant first position

4 Likes

Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by churific(m): 3:01am On May 10, 2013
So this idiot takes us for fools? He wants us to believe that the police came spraying bullets and only killed 9 while they, with only machetes and whatever the hell else they had, managed to kill 95...

How exactly did they get 95 because he also mentioned that there were bullets being sprayed and teargas as well. In all these chaos, they were able to count their victims as they chopped them down with machetes.

I salute but either ways, the killings must stop! One life lost unnecessarily is one life too many!
Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by Nobody: 3:17am On May 10, 2013
okorafor aboy: please,how can i post a new topic on nairaland? make una help me oooo!! am ready to pay any amount to whoever teaches me how to do this.ndewo

Go ask Akpos naw.
Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by Abrakhan: 4:08am On May 10, 2013
There must be something wrong with the poeple of this country. We offended God. come to think of it Nigerians.
Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by antiembezzle: 4:10am On May 10, 2013
Nija police and their unproffessional behaviour, they like fighting law abiding citizens. Them think say na MASSOB, my Igbo brothers should see how to earn respect in nija o.

1 Like

Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by jaymdee(m): 4:13am On May 10, 2013
kaorama: I strongly believe the Governor should be held responsible for the waste of human resources. I find some posts here very instructive. But were the police not armed? Could African magic have played any role?
A lot won't agree with your suggestion. What would you do as the governor at such moment?

1 Like

Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 5:07am On May 10, 2013
If it is to kill unarmed MASSOB and dump their bodies in the people water source, the Nigeria Police force will carry first. It is MASSOB that is just leaving them. The Police is a very disappointing institution in Nigeria, liars and thieves.

1 Like

Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by badmeat(m): 5:25am On May 10, 2013
This is very sad,the eggon people have been under attack by fulani herds men for some time now,the govnor should bring the situation under control,fulani r the problem we have in nigeria,

4 Likes

Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by Nobody: 5:34am On May 10, 2013
Update: as of yesterday, there was wailing in akwanga as wives of the slain police men blocked the akwanga-lafia road to protest the death of their loved ones. May the dead RIP

1 Like

Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by ELgordo(m): 5:44am On May 10, 2013
DAMN! thats some coooolllllllllddddddd HARD Gangsta sh@t! Leets us pray
Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by wazobiaforu(m): 5:53am On May 10, 2013
Most people in Nasarawa condemn the move of the mobile police men because those people are not just commuting nuisance on the state, they are the one closer ro the fulanis and the fulanis always have a fight with them, why would the gov want ro go and clear their shrine foe no good reason, it was army that was first deployed to the place and all the army slept like a new born baby while those traditionalist seize their guns , they are not terrorist so why can't the gov call their leader and discuss with them ammicably before treating them like animal and now the gov has make up to 100 families in sadness

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2019: 3 PDP Governors To Defect To APC - Suleiman Ahmed Wambai / Governor Umahi, His Wife & Daughter Kneel Down To Pray At A Project Site (Photo) / INEC Presents Certificate Of Return To Buhari, Osinbajo:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.