Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,987 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? (21908 Views)

10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Indulge In Sex Before Marriage- Danceville / Ladies Would U Pick A Financially Stable Guy But Bad Sexually Or....... / Men Do You Respect These Kind Of Ladies ?(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by youngalex(m): 1:19pm On May 10, 2013
At times i ask why so much pressure is on singles to settle down without first considering the financial implications which might be burdensome after marriage...Guys..Will you prefer to marry just because u have a steady job or do u prefer to attain financial stability before thinkin of marriage?
Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by Kween1: 2:15pm On May 10, 2013
True talk:>
Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by pato405(m): 1:16am On May 11, 2013
doesn't always work that way..

how about those who had lucrative jobs but lost it shortly after marriage, or those who had nothing,took a step of faith into it and got enviable jobs immediately after matrimony.

just try your best & leave the rest. sometimes, providence has something beyond your imagination in store for u

29 Likes

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by Nobody: 3:25am On May 11, 2013
Even if i was the brokest Nigerian Negro in the world...I would still get married...Chalay..you dont have to be financially stable to get married....unless you have a gold digging-asss fiance then im sorry for you....as for kids....I can understand why it would make sense to be stable before having them.....

17 Likes

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by Nobody: 3:27am On May 11, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
Even if i was the brokest Nigerian Negro in the world...I would still get married...Chalay..you dont have to be financially stable to get married....unless you have a gold digging-asss fiance then im sorry for you....as for kids....I can understand why it would make sense to be stable before having them.....

You're the type of man that puts a girl in poverty and expects her to be happy.

Olorun maje!

Don't have to be financially stable? For real? Are you going to be begging your neighbors for baby formula money?

14 Likes

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by Nobody: 3:38am On May 11, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

You're the type of man that puts a girl in poverty and expects her to be happy.

Olorun maje!

Don't have to be financially stable? For real? Are you going to be begging your neighbors for baby formula money?

Olorun maje ke?

Even broke negros in makoko slums get married and have kids.....if you cant afford baby formula..use breast milk..abi be ko? It is a fact that a man does not have to be financially stable to get married....Unless he is marrying a Gold digging-asss fiance.... I wouldn't recommend a gold digger...

19 Likes

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by Nobody: 3:45am On May 11, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

Olorun maje ke?

Even broke negros in makoko slums get married and have kids.....if you cant afford baby formula..use breast milk..abi be ko? It is a fact that a man does not have to be financially stable to get married....Unless he is marrying a Gold digging-asss fiance.... I wouldn't recommend a gold digger...

Which is very unfortunate @redbold.

There's nothing cute about raising a family in a financially unstable situation.

You DO understand that after a few months, the breast milk alone cannot provide enough nutrients for a baby right?

What fact? That instead of focusing on your child(ren)'s growth and development, you're focusing on financial stress? You're a cop so you should be able to understand the repercussions.

6 Likes

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by Nobody: 3:57am On May 11, 2013
^^^^^^^ Madam at the top I think I understand what you are saying but correct me if am wrong...

so before a man gets married he should have good money to feed the entire family...so the women can seat around and just relax...abi? also...the question wasn't...should a man be financially stable before having kids.....we are just talking about marriage here.....yes before having kids a man should have money or a stable income.....but for marriage...unless hes marrying a gold diggin-asss women.....you can be a broke negro....and you and her can build something together....and am actually not a cop anymore....I want to go to dubia or bahrain

11 Likes

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by Nobody: 4:13am On May 11, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
^^^^^^^ Madam at the top I think I understand what you are saying but correct me if am wrong...

so before a man gets married he should have good money to feed the entire family...so the women can seat around and just relax...abi? also...the question wasn't...should a man be financially stable before having kids.....we are just talking about marriage here.....yes before having kids a man should have money or a stable income.....but for marriage...unless hes marrying a gold diggin-asss women.....you can be a broke negro....and you and her can build something together....and am actually not a cop anymore....I want to go to dubia or bahrain

Huh? When did I say a woman has to sit around and just relax?
Both of them have to be financially stable i.e stable job = stable income.
Marriage, almost all the time, leads to offsprings.....so if we're going to talk about marriage, we need to talk about children.

Anyway, this is where I leave the discussion. Goodnight.

2 Likes

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by Nobody: 4:17am On May 11, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Huh? When did I say a woman has to sit around and just relax?
Both of them have to be financially stable i.e stable job = stable income.
Marriage, almost all the time, leads to offsprings.....so if we're going to talk about marriage, we need to talk about children.

Anyway, this is where I leave the discussion. Goodnight.

Goodnight...
Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by Mynd44: 6:57am On May 11, 2013
The man does not have to be financially stable. Remember that he is not going into the marriage alone. He is going in with his wife and they are going to be one so the combination of the man and woman should be financially stable meaning if they pool their resources together, they are okay.

Now we need to realise that being financially sable is not about owning 10 cars and liking in Lekki ooo. It is about them knowing how much they earn and planning towards living with that money no matter how much or how little.

5 Likes

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by shizzle11(m): 12:52pm On May 11, 2013
Financial independence and stability is absolutely pertinent for any marriage to succeed. Can't imagine living in my fathers house where they practically pay all the bills and my fiance comes around to spend days like some families do or depending on some relations/family members for upkeep or support. Its embarrassing and annoying.

We have seen cases where the woman left the man cos he can't provide for the family and starts chasing other men. Now how will a man feel if his wife left him on account of this.

My definition of financial indep. and stability
1. Get your own flat
2. Be mobile
3. Have at least a regular job and diversify with time
4. Have a steady income or earning
5. If you marry the right woman, she should also be bringing something to the table

4 Likes

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by 50calibre(m): 2:04pm On May 11, 2013
Yes! As a matter of fact it is the first step in fighting against poverty and should be made a law.

7 Likes

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by Orikinla(m): 2:04pm On May 11, 2013
[size=18pt]Anyone who is not financially stable should not marry.
I am embarrassed to be harassed by poor couples who cannot feed the kids they breed like dogs.[/size]

9 Likes

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by philusaau(f): 2:07pm On May 11, 2013
i have got no job and i am getting married thins year. What most people do not understand is this. There are some blessings attached to marriage.

10 Likes

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by Freiburger(m): 2:08pm On May 11, 2013
Orikinla: [size=18pt]Anyone who is not financially stable should not marry.
I am embarrassed to be harassed by poor couples who cannot feed the kids they breed like dogs.[/size]
And any woman i meet after i become financially stable will never be taken serious by me.

8 Likes

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by 25omega(m): 2:08pm On May 11, 2013
youngalex: At times i ask why so much pressure is on singles to settle down without first considering the financial implications which might be burdensome after marriage...Guys..Will you prefer to marry just because u have a steady job or do u prefer to attain financial stability before thinkin of marriage?
i would prefer financial stability but sometime if you have a steady job you can get married to a woman who also has a steady job. This way you both can pool your resources to have a good life while striving for financial stability.

financial stability is good but you can spend your whole life before you get it. basically if you will marry when you have a steady job, make sure the person you marry is not lazy and make sure that person has a job also.

8 Likes

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by Freiburger(m): 2:12pm On May 11, 2013
philusaau: i have got no job and i am getting married thins year. What most people do not understand is this. There are some blessings attached to marriage.
+1000likes

1 Like

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by dridowu: 2:13pm On May 11, 2013
No one on earth can be financial stable including bill gates of d world . I will prefer stable job 4 marriage

2 Likes

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by adconline(m): 2:15pm On May 11, 2013
philusaau: i have got no job and i am getting married thins year. What most people do not understand is this. There are some blessings attached to marriage.

Says who? Folks like you are the reason why many kids are begging and hawking on the streets.
Kids are not supposed to play a part in your hustle, they are supposed to enjoy your hustle... You are laying a good foundation for a never- ending poverty in your lineage... The rich are planning and having fewer babies, the poor are having more babies thinking that strength is in numbers!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by Freiburger(m): 2:16pm On May 11, 2013
Why is the question directed to men only? So women don't have any financial obligation after marriage or i'm i getting it wrong?

2 Likes

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:16pm On May 11, 2013
Yes, be financially stable before getting married. Expecially if you are not from a rich home. With God all things are possible but God is not a magician (get that?). I don't believe in the saying that there are some blessings attached to marriage. You have to ask how & what kinda blessing? Is it the children or the working together of the couple. If you don't v money, no good job & you rushed into marriage, you ll know that there are curses associated with a marriage you didn't planned for. However, if you work harder after your marriage, you ll make it.
------------------------
Last Bullet: Don't be misled. Rushing into a marriage without financial stability is always tough at the beginning & that's if you later make it.

12 Likes

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by cfours: 2:17pm On May 11, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

no need to be so disrespectful about women.
all u need to say is to advice men not to marry above their means. imagine a poor broke guy chasing after a miss world or a woman not in his league. of course he will be TOO poor for her.
then no need to be bitter or calling a woman gold digging azzz just because she's just not ur type. move on and marry a more homely or modest looking woman who can complement you. ie marry a makoko slum looking woman if ur finances resemble a makoko slum man LOL
we all know most men want a hot, beautiful, high maintenance woman to show off to their friends but plz be reasonable.. be honest first to yourself and also to others.

cut your coat according to your cloth and u will have no problems.

12 Likes

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by Nogen: 2:17pm On May 11, 2013
Freiburger:
And any woman i meet after i become financially stable will never be taken serious by me.

Nobody said you must be Aliko Dangote before you get married. Get a steady source of income and a decent apartment for a start. The rest follows suit.

2 Likes

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by qunleajayi(m): 2:19pm On May 11, 2013
The issue of financial independence and stability is overflogged.

All those ladies shouting here should answer me
1) How many people on Nairaland are financially stable and independent?
2) How many Nigerians between the ages of 22-30 are financially stable and independent?
3) How many married women have financially stable and independent husbands?
4a) How much does an average employed man earn monthly and how much is required to rent a house an pay school fees?
4b) How many men in Nigeria can afford that without being assisted by a devoted working wife
4c) If a banker is your idea of a financially stable man, think again..How many bankers lost their jobs in the last 3 years?
5) What does a woman bring to the table who is looking to get married? Just her mouth? Or her sex organ?
6) Any woman who wont marry until she finds a financially stable man is NOT a wife, and she go wait tire..
7) The rate of prostitution is on the increase..Just go to the offices of Chairmen at close of work and see girls
who are looking for financially independent husbands...
cool A good woman maketh her husband to be stable...
9) Mine married me when I had nothing and is enjoying the fruit now..
10) Word for the wise...You can only reap where you have sown...

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by Dygeasy(m): 2:19pm On May 11, 2013
ah! bros for your mind.

1 Like

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by 2legit2qwt: 2:19pm On May 11, 2013

And that's why the average Nigeria lives on less than a $, hope with no basis and blind optimism rather than realism

3 Likes

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by slimyem: 2:21pm On May 11, 2013
This question is a no-brainer.
What to do with a man who cannot provide for himself talk less a family?
Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by Michky: 2:25pm On May 11, 2013
Infact, there should henceforth be a law that will prevent individuals from getting married if they dont have any good financial background. No long thing!

3 Likes

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by Richy4(m): 2:30pm On May 11, 2013
Why do you ask question that you already know? abi na grass or sand una go chop when you live together as man and wife

1 Like

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by Toks2008(m): 2:31pm On May 11, 2013
youngalex: At times i ask why so much pressure is on singles to settle down without first considering the financial implications which might be burdensome after marriage...Guys..Will you prefer to marry just because u have a steady job or do u prefer to attain financial stability before thinkin of marriage?

Ask the ladies what they prefer. They are the cause of the confusion, always wanting a ready made man.
Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by PeeDaVinci: 2:33pm On May 11, 2013
IMO, from my experience, the phrase "financial stability" is a mirage as there is no point that you will ever see yourself as financially stable and poised for marriage. as a man, all you need is to set some realistic (attainable) milestone for yourself before which you will not marry, and be really ready to be flexible with these goals. Although, being able to feed, house (even if it is in face me face you rooms, as long as your wife is comfortable with it) and cloth 3 pple is the least standard which no man should go below.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Deceived By Facebook Lover, Story Of Pamela Mojekwu / ♥ Love Letter To someone.♥ / What Physical Features Turn You Off In Men?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.