Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,420 members, 7,954,662 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:49 AM

Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? (22184 Views)

10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Indulge In Sex Before Marriage- Danceville / Ladies Would U Pick A Financially Stable Guy But Bad Sexually Or....... / Men Do You Respect These Kind Of Ladies ?(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by tinnymerit(m): 2:34pm On May 11, 2013
philusaau: i have got no job and i am getting married thins year. What most people do not understand is this. There are some blessings attached to marriage.
Guy u need to be financially matured.You dont need to have millions bf ur matured financially.You shd be able to feed urself and ur wife and probably have resource for at least a twin incase God over BLESSED you.At least a place of abode,a regular income job and you are good to go. We dont need to produce children at the mercies of neighbours and friends they have their own 5 n 6 too.

4 Likes

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by Godjone(m): 2:39pm On May 11, 2013
pato405: doesn't always work that way..

how about those who had lucrative jobs but lost it shortly after marriage, or those who had nothing,took a step of faith into it and got enviable jobs immediately after matrimony.

just try your best & leave the rest. sometimes, providence has something beyond your imagination in store for u
God bless u
Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by Emusan(m): 2:41pm On May 11, 2013
My own case is totally different from OP, before I got my job I aways think about marriage but after gotten the job story change ooo, infact I don't even know the defination of marriage again. Singularity point sweet baje baje.
Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by chlowi(f): 2:53pm On May 11, 2013
Personally , I tink its a thin of choice , for instance , if I truly love my man and he isn't so financially stable and he is got potentials , ill marry him I for one don't ebven want the flambouyant wedding , we cud do a low key wedding , I know on my own am not a lazy woman , we both wd pt heads together , drink that garri together and see to it that we become made. Once a man is hardworking and smart success isn't far anymore . As a woman I also need to look at our financial capabilty before having babies , so far we can rent a house and feed and transport , 2 heads are always better dan one , so far the man and the woman work hard , if I can date a man why wnt I marry him ? ?? But den again sme men tend to forget in a hurry the woman who stood by them wen dey had nothing ...
My advice is , you don't have to be millionaire before u marry , at the same time don't be a lazy man that's wen I will not marry you .

8 Likes

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by Nobody: 2:56pm On May 11, 2013
chlowi: Personally , I tink its a thin of choice , for instance , if I truly love my man and he isn't so financially stable and he is got potentials , ill marry him I for one don't ebven want the flambouyant wedding , we cud do a low key wedding , I know on my own am not a lazy woman , we both wd pt heads together , drink that garri together and see to it that we become made. Once a man is hardworking and smart success isn't far anymore . As a woman I also need to look at our financial capabilty before having babies , so far we can rent a house and feed and transport , 2 heads are always better dan one , so far the man and the woman work hard , if I can date a man why wnt I marry him ? ?? But den again sme men tend to forget in a hurry the woman who stood by them wen dey had nothing ...
My advice is , you don't have to be millionaire before u marry , at the same time don't be a lazy man that's wen I will not marry you .

You must be an ugly girl.

A beautiful woman with loads of suitors will not settle for 'Drinking Garri'

No Offense.

8 Likes

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by chlowi(f): 3:19pm On May 11, 2013
jackbauersballs:

No Offense.
Seems your fingers are so fast at lashes out stupid statements , I bet if u shud see my pictures ul swallow back ur word (ugly) and besides why does my opinion offend you? Its my opinion taake it or leave and u sound like a lady who wd marry for better days only , ur type dnt go far and end up single for d rest of ur miserable life. As ur sorry gold digging ass ends up a old retired LovePeddler ...let me repeat my point... So far I love that man and he loves me bak and he is got potentials ill stand by him ....now shut d Bleep up and digest wht I wrote earlier bfor telling your mum she is ugly

14 Likes

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by cfours: 3:29pm On May 11, 2013
chlowi:
Seems your fingers are so fast at lashes out stupid statements , I bet if u shud see my pictures ul swallow back ur word (ugly) and besides why does my opinion offend you? Its my opinion taake it or leave and u sound like a lady who wd marry for better days only , ur type dnt go far and end up single for d rest of ur miserable life. As ur sorry gold digging ass ends up a old retired LovePeddler ...let me repeat my point... So far I love that man and he loves me bak and he is got potentials ill stand by him ....now shut d Bleep up and digest wht I wrote earlier bfor telling your mum she is ugly

the guy spoke the truth. no need to be defensive.
if you are having suitors left and right. and have a choice between a financially stable good man or a broke good man. all women in their right senses will choose the good stable guy. this is not rocket science. just common sense.
i'm sure men also will not think twice to choose between a good beautiful girl and a good ugly girl.

1 Like

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by Nobody: 3:30pm On May 11, 2013
c.fours:

no need to be so disrespectful about women.
all u need to say is to advice men not to marry above their means. imagine a poor broke guy chasing after a miss world or a woman not in his league. of course he will be TOO poor for her.
then no need to be bitter or calling a woman gold digging azzz just because she's just not ur type. move on and marry a more homely or modest looking woman who can complement you. ie marry a makoko slum looking woman if ur finances resemble a makoko slum man LOL
we all know most men want a hot, beautiful, high maintenance woman to show off to their friends but plz be reasonable.. be honest first to yourself and also to others.

cut your coat according to your cloth and u will have no problems.

Sorry but i failed to see where and how i disrespected women....are there no gold digging-asss women? All i said was if one is has a gold diggin-asss fiance...then it would be advisable to be financially stable before marring her....and for the record...not only beautiful girls are gold diggers....ive dated gorgeous girls that were completely humble and cared less about money....as long as one has a stable job....that all u need for marriage...a stable job...if a women is asking for more than a stable job...then you have a gold diggin-asss fiance chalay.... and i would advice you to run for your life....
Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by Nobody: 3:35pm On May 11, 2013
chlowi:
Seems your fingers are so fast at lashes out stupid statements , I bet if u shud see my pictures ul swallow back ur word (ugly)

I hope you post your pics with a note so we know it's you. I would like to be proved wrong

and besides why does my opinion offend you?

It doesn't...I honestly just think you're ugly based on your comments. Generally speaking, only ugly/deformed/old cargo women have to settle for for anything.
Truly beautiful women always have a host of suitors to choose from and as such can never be seen with POOR men.

Its my opinion taake it or leave and u sound like a lady who wd marry for better days only , ur type dnt go far and end up single for d rest of ur miserable life. As ur sorry gold digging ass ends up a old retired LovePeddler ...let me repeat my point...

I am a man. A fairly well-to-do one at that. cool
So far I love that man and he loves me bak and he is got potentials ill stand by him ....now shut d Bleep up and digest wht I wrote earlier bfor telling my mum she is ugly
Once again exposing the fact that you are ugly.
No Beautiful woman is interested in looking at a man's potential because they can have already MADE men. Because the made men are already taken, the ugly girls have to roam further afield to scout for men with POTENTIAL similar to how Big and Small Football Clubs operate.
It is completely natural to be ugly so you shouldn't get angry at what I said.

You are an Ugly Girl. Embrace your Talent.
Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by chlowi(f): 3:36pm On May 11, 2013
c.fours:

if you are having suitors left and right. and have a choice between a financially stable good man or a broke good man. all women in their right senses will choose the good stable guy. this is not rocket science. just common sense.
i'm sure men also will not think twice to choose between a good beautiful girl and a good ugly girl.

Stop deviating from the topic of discussion to the irrelevant ones by being sarcastic ,by the way did u just say defend lol I need to see the pics of the women in your life and sure they look like monsters ranging from your mum to ur sister, wife nd daughter(s) if uv got any ...dts why u tryn so hard nt to marry an ugly woman so history wnt repeat itself in ur lineage

1 Like

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by cfours: 3:39pm On May 11, 2013
^ hahaha ok. case closed. let's not deviate from the topic, like u say.
Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by cfours: 3:43pm On May 11, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

Sorry but i failed to see where and how i disrespected women....are there no gold digging-asss women? All i said was if one is has a gold diggin-asss fiance...then it would be advisable to be financially stable before marring her....and for the record...not only beautiful girls are gold diggers....ive dated gorgeous girls that were completely humble and cared less about money....as long as one has a stable job....that all u need for marriage...a stable job...if a women is asking for more than a stable job...then you have a gold diggin-asss fiance chalay.... and i would advice you to run for your life....

ok. good for u. next time, go with a woman at ur level.
one man's meat is another monkey's "gold digger" fiance.

there are plenty of humble, modest women out there. they aren't glamorous but u will be much happier with them.
cut ur coat according to size and u will be happy.

1 Like

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 11, 2013
c.fours:

there are plenty of humble, modest women out there. they aren't glamorous but u will be much happier with them.

Word!!!
Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by mbhs139(m): 3:46pm On May 11, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Huh? When did I say a woman has to sit around and just relax?
Both of them have to be financially stable i.e stable job = stable income.
Marriage, almost all the time, leads to offsprings.....so if we're going to talk about marriage, we need to talk about children.

Anyway, this is where I leave the discussion. Goodnight.

I trust you; very stubborn. If no be say night don come, i know say you no go gree. Tough Skin Mama LOL!
Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by Nobody: 3:49pm On May 11, 2013
Eh? Who wants to marry and suffer? He has to be financially stable before we can get married, or he must have sensible ambitions/good future prospects and must be hard working. Of course I have a job and I will work as well to support him.
Financial stability is necessary. I won't wanna have kids and not be able to provide for them properly.

Every sensible man should be financially stable before starting a family, unless he wants to start a family and have his family suffer or go through hardship.
Or he can afford to get married and they both work hard and have enough to raise a family. I'm very concerned about kids coming to the world to suffer cause their parents didn't plan well or cause their parents were foolish.

Financial stability is necessary!
Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by nice4life: 3:55pm On May 11, 2013
chlowi:
You just earned yourself a fan. I am happy to hear this, you are a role model. Keep it up

1 Like

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by tomber(m): 3:57pm On May 11, 2013
jackbauersballs:

No Offense.
o
You sound very unserious and i'm persuaded that you will b such an irresponsible husband looking for some disadvantaged women you can lord your ill gotten wealth on.
Everybd has the right to voice there opinion .
Not every lady is a gold digger lookin for some already made zombis.
And you'l be surprise that it will take a forever for your generatn unburn to have someone as beautiful as her.

7 Likes

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by Nobody: 3:58pm On May 11, 2013
philusaau: i have got no job and i am getting married thins year. What most people do not understand is this. There are some blessings attached to marriage.

Eh? You have no job and you Are proudly getting married this year with the claims that 'blessings are attached to marriage' meaning you feel after marriage, heaven will open and cash will drop for you?
Do you know who I pity in this your situation? I pity the foolish woman that has agreed to marry you.

Blessings attached to marriage are usually: unexpected favours, divine security (where you must have a praying spouse), etc. Blessings attached to marriage doesn't mean you will be picking $100 on the road daily ooooo kai! #smfh
Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by chlowi(f): 3:59pm On May 11, 2013
jackbauersballs:

I hope you post your pics with a note so we know it's you. I would like to be proved wrong

It doesn't...I honestly just think you're ugly based on your comments. Generally speaking, only ugly/deformed/old cargo women have to settle for for anything.
Truly beautiful women always have a host of suitors to choose from and as such can never be seen with POOR men.

I am a man. A fairly well-to-do one at that. cool

Once again exposing the fact that you are ugly.
No Beautiful woman is interested in looking at a man's potential because they can have already MADE men. Because the made men are already taken, the ugly girls have to roam further afield to scout for men with POTENTIAL similar to how Big and Small Football Clubs operate.
It is completely natural to be ugly so you shouldn't get angry at what I said.

You are an Ugly Girl. Embrace your Talent.
Did u just say faily ? No na , why shud u be fairly well to do? The topic is financially stable nt FAILY ? Since u don't read properly before commenting
Secondly being ugly aint a crime especially since I got the talent from your mum
Thirdly why wd I want to post my pic here when you are yet to display your Net worth? Fairly indeed lol what I can deduce from your pathetic reply is u goat a lineage with ugliness and u are working so hard to eliminate it dt is why u pin point on beautiful and ugly as a criteria ... Pls be d male u claim to be and stop being a woman wrapper/pant arguing with me ...

1 Like

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by nice4life: 4:00pm On May 11, 2013
c.fours:

There must be one that came first and whom you first agree to go out with and as long you have giving your word to that man nothing should change you.A descent woman should stick to the man that came first in her life irrespective whether he is rich or poor.

2 Likes

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by tomber(m): 4:01pm On May 11, 2013
Why will u just slam ugly on her that way?
Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by steffans(m): 4:02pm On May 11, 2013
I knw of a gate Man... Who earns 10k Monthly... and has 6 kids and dey all go to skol...

@OP, Marriage to me comes wen u get d Right Person... Once u feel or knw she/He is d right person and u are willing to get married to..

Take d step only if u knw u will have a Monthly income or a daily income(business)...

Neva marry... Without a dime... Wahala go dey ooo...
Cuz running a fmly isn't easy..
Even if u dnt get good salary...
Make sure u have money at all times...
And a Lady dat undastands...

Wishing u luck!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by dayokanu(m): 4:02pm On May 11, 2013
slimyem: This question is a no-brainer.
What to do with a man who cannot provide for himself talk less a family?

Then the woman can provide while the man does the housework

1 Like

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by cfours: 4:03pm On May 11, 2013
tomber:
o
You sound very unserious and i'm persuaded that you will b such an irresponsible husband looking for some disadvantaged women you can lord your ill gotten wealth on.
And you'l be surprise that it will take a forever for your generatn unburn to have someone as beautiful as her.

be honest with yourself. every one has a right to his/her opinion.
the next time u see a miss world or miss nigeria drinking garri with broke husband on d side of the street, let me know.
most of those women will rather stay unmarried than marry a broke guy. this is fact.

besides,why do u fault a beautiful girl for seeking a financially stable guy.
but u'll never fault a financially stable guy for seeking a beautiful girl.

why don't u go for an ugly girl. when u expect girls to be going for poor guys.
rubbish

1 Like

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by Freiburger(m): 4:04pm On May 11, 2013
dayokanu:

Then the woman can provide while the man does the housework
Ladies, would you expect a better offer?
Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by Nobody: 4:06pm On May 11, 2013
c.fours:

am even confused i thought i was just giving an advice..when did this become about me? what in the world makes you think am not financially stable? so just calm your self down with that one.....I just dont touch gold diggers....I would prefer to marry a girl from Makoko slum than a well to do gold digger.....I guess thats what some nairaland women are looking for...
Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by nice4life: 4:08pm On May 11, 2013
tomber:
o
Don't mind that stupid dude, this are the kind of guys that have nothing to offer women except their money..mtchew

1 Like

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by cfours: 4:10pm On May 11, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

am even confused i thought i was just giving an advice..when did this become about me? I would prefer to marry a girl from Makoko slum

now u are talking. if 'those' men were like u, then there won't be a problem.
advice those men to also go for makoko slum girls rather than chasing after high maintenance women who are clearly not meant for a broke guy.
the one that went and proposed is a big fool. if u haven't advised him to cancel d engagement, then u are a bad friend.
Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by Nobody: 4:19pm On May 11, 2013
tomber:
o

I sound very unserious for stating FACT?

I sound very unserious for stating exactly what many GIRLS have said on this very thread?

You sound like someone with low self esteem who is unwilling to accept the simple truth - Beautiful women do not Marry POOR men.... They may marry UGLY men( e.g Heidi Klum and Seal), They may marry outside their religion(Janet Jackson and her Arab Boyfriend), They marry old men( 80 year old Hugh Hefner and his 20 year old wives) BUT NEVER a POOR MAN.

You can either sit at your computer desk and keep venting, or you can face reality by either making good money....or settling for a less good looking woman

1 Like

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by cfours: 4:19pm On May 11, 2013
as far as I know, "financial stability" is very relative. Everyone has different needs and different definition of stability. even shoemakers and gate-men have wives. The only difference is that a financially stable man has more options than a poor man in picking the most beautiful or desired woman. that's the only difference.
so if u are broke, you can still marry. just that you shouldn't expect to have a lot of options. that's all.
Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by fuckluv(f): 4:21pm On May 11, 2013
c.fours:

I love this piece kiss. I noticed that when the issue of money comes into pre-intimacy in marriage or relationship, most guys object the idea of being financially stable before u can plunge into it. why This could only comes from 'broke' guys or the lazy ones who still want to enjoy both ways preaching LOVE as the most imoprtant factor. It is these set of people that implore their girlfriends to do abortions all because there's no money yet. Then why not work hard in your prime and stop messing around with girls or better still go with your level and be over with this gold-digging redundancy undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Things Women Want In A Man / Types Of Friends Essential For Every Woman / Ever Been In Relationship With A Narcissist, Share Your Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.