Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? (21897 Views)

10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Indulge In Sex Before Marriage- Danceville / Ladies Would U Pick A Financially Stable Guy But Bad Sexually Or....... / Men Do You Respect These Kind Of Ladies ?(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by Nobody: 4:22pm On May 11, 2013
what is financial stability? Even the richest can be brought to the ground in 24 hours. I think what is more important are the following stabilities in no order: spiritual, mental, emotional and moral. Money follow all these!

2 Likes

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by Nobody: 4:23pm On May 11, 2013
chlowi:
Did u just say faily ? No na , why shud u be fairly well to do? The topic is financially stable nt FAILY ? Since u don't read properly before commenting
Secondly being ugly aint a crime especially since I got the talent from your mum
Thirdly why wd I want to post my pic here when you are yet to display your Net worth? Fairly indeed lol what I can deduce from your pathetic reply is u goat a lineage with ugliness and u are working so hard to eliminate it dt is why u pin point on beautiful and ugly as a criteria ... Pls be d male u claim to be and stop being a woman wrapper/pant arguing with me ...

Apart from being Ugly, it is apparent that your English is Sub-Standard. Quite frankly, you sound like an uneducated tramp from the gutter, and I can see why you would have to settle for less-

I am done joining issues with you. Good day Tramp.
Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by slimyem: 4:24pm On May 11, 2013
dayokanu:

Then the woman can provide while the man does the housework
would you be willing to take that position?
Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by Xb4Real: 4:25pm On May 11, 2013
adconline:

Says who? Folks like you are the reason why many kids are begging and hawking on the streets.
Kids are not supposed to play a part in your hustle, they are supposed to enjoy your hustle... You are laying a good foundation for a never- ending poverty in your lineage... The rich are planning and having fewer babies, the poor are having more babies thinking that strength is in numbers!
Menhhh, I'm pissed off each time I set ma eyes on pple like dat. De family planning is making sure u're stable financially b4 talking of marriage. Dough life is sumtims unfair but it shud be one's earnest prayer and ultimate goal. God kws ma mind and am sure He'll grant it for me.
Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by dayokanu(m): 4:28pm On May 11, 2013
c.fours:
as far as I know, "financial stability" is very relative. Everyone has different needs and different definition of stability. even shoemakers and gate-men have wives. The only difference is that a financially stable man has more options than a poor man in picking the most beautiful or desired woman. that's the only difference.
so if u are broke, you can still marry. just that you shouldn't expect to have a lot of options. that's all.

Some men might not be after the most beautiful bimbo out there. They might be looking for more qualities than looks

You can easily get a beautiful woman to sleep with but some virtues can be gotten easily
Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by dayokanu(m): 4:30pm On May 11, 2013
slimyem: would you be willing to take that position?

WHy not? If I dont have money and my wife has. What would I do other than to do the housework diligently

1 Like

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by cfours: 4:31pm On May 11, 2013
dayokanu:
Some men might not be after the most beautiful bimbo out there. They might be looking for more qualities than looks
You can easily get a beautiful woman to sleep with but some virtues can be gotten easily

yea they might not be after a bimbo quite all right. but they are after a beautiful woman.
the "beautiful bimbo" idea actually comes from the fact that many men will rather settle for a dumb beautiful girl than settle for a smart ugly girl! that says A LOT. beauty counts for more points to men.

there is nothing wrong with this. but in the same vein, lets also not fault women who aren't hots for poor, broke guys. it's just different sides of the same coin.
Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by dayokanu(m): 4:37pm On May 11, 2013
c.fours:
yea they might not be after a bimbo quite all right. but they are after a beautiful woman.
the "beautiful bimbo" idea actually comes from the fact that many men will rather settle for a dumb beautiful girl than settle for a smart ugly girl! that says A LOT.
of course the idea will be for her to be both beautiful and intelligent. but beauty counts the most.

I disagree Not all men think like that. Some just marry the regular girl and leave the models to fulfill theirs wild fantasies

Even some of these stars who have access to all the beautiful women just stick to their high school sweetheart or a regular girl while they smash all the beautiful model girls everywhere

1 Like

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 11, 2013
It is a fact that all one needs is a stable job to get married....financial stability is an opinion..any women thats asking for more than a stable job is digging for gold....and ill advice any men to run for his life...and dont stop running.....because when the gold is gone....the love will reduce....and we know what that leads too......

1 Like

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by youngalex(m): 4:39pm On May 11, 2013
On a personal note i feel its best to attain financial stability i.e having a continuous stream of income,an apartment,a ride and a reliable liquidity in the bank..most ladies won't subscribe to this cos its a factor of time...Some just want the marriage by fire by force without seeing reasons...i have struggled all my life i don't want to continue dis struggle for life.
Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by cfours: 4:43pm On May 11, 2013
dayokanu:

I disagree Not all men think like that.

there are always a few exceptions to the rule.
i am talking about the rule.

of course u will see extremely beautiful girls like CHLOWI who decide to settle with a garri drinking homeless man. grin
just as u will see billionaires like ?? (*can't think of any ) who settle with wrinkled ugly women.

but these are just exceptions to the rule. they are rare.
Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by dayokanu(m): 5:00pm On May 11, 2013
c.fours:

of course u will see extremely beautiful girls like CHLOWI who decide to settle with a garri drinking homeless man. grin
just as u will see billionaires like ?? (*can't think of any ) who settle with wrinkled ugly women.

They are not exceptions they are quite a lot. Almost equal to the ones who marry bimbos

Richest man in the world Bill Gates married his secretary barely the finest woman around

Mitt Romney married his high school girlfriend, I am sure he has met at least 1million more beautiful women,

Even a supposed weed head like Snoop Lion sef married his High School sweetheart yet he goes to concert every week and see younger and more beautiful women who would marry him at the first asking

Obama, Herman Cain etc

They might all be smashing models by the side but they know the person you marry is who might make or ruin you so most stick to the wife of their youth

2 Likes

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by vanitty: 5:00pm On May 11, 2013
c.fours:

Yes, there are extremely beautiful girls that started from scratch with their hubby. Just because you have not experienced such does not mean it is a fantasy!

2 Likes

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by ChikezieU(m): 5:00pm On May 11, 2013
adconline:

Says who? Folks like you are the reason why many kids are begging and hawking on the streets.
Kids are not supposed to play a part in your hustle, they are supposed to enjoy your hustle... You are laying a good foundation for a never- ending poverty in your lineage... The rich are planning and having fewer babies, the poor are having more babies thinking that strength is in numbers!
moonnkkeey; who is talking of many children, the topic is simple, financial stable or not, manage the amount you earn

1 Like

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by chlowi(f): 5:10pm On May 11, 2013
jackbauersballs:

Apart from being Ugly, it is apparent that your English is Sub-Standard. Quite frankly, you sound like an uneducated tramp from the gutter, and I can see why you would have to settle for less-

I am done joining issues with you. Good day Tramp.
Lmao my FAIRLY FINACIALLY STABLE GUY U obviously don't have what to say cos u gat nothing on me ,pls say me well to ur tramp of a mum whom I got my ugly traits from ......
Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by IbrahimB: 5:23pm On May 11, 2013
Will you prefer to marry just because u have a steady job or do u prefer to attain financial stability before thinkin of marriage?

What do you mean by financial stability? Is a "steady job" different from "financial stability". This your definition of "financial stability" nawao undecided
Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by chlowi(f): 5:28pm On May 11, 2013
c.fours:

Now u got me laughing ,ok let it be its my choice .
Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by bigiyaro(m): 5:29pm On May 11, 2013
Financially stable my Ass! Even in nature there is nothing like stability, mountains do move and crumble with time, most lazy and cowardly guys always hide behind the cloak of financial instability not to get married, yet such guys have and maintain 2 to 3 babes, at a go. Anyway u can wait till u are 50 n stable before getting married. As for me, I earn 3k daily n am getting married this year. He who finds a wife finds a good thing n obtains favour in the sight of the Lord.
Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by Nobody: 5:31pm On May 11, 2013
chlowi:
Lmao my FAIRLY FINACIALLY STABLE GUY U obviously don't have what to say cos u gat nothing on me ,pls say me well to ur tramp of a mum whom I got my ugly traits from ......

Stop quoting me Ugly Girl, go and drink garri with your pauper boyfriend... cheesy
Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by Petraman(m): 5:37pm On May 11, 2013
I will prefer to settle down b4 deciding to take my wife to pulpit.

1 Like

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by Nobody: 5:55pm On May 11, 2013
bigiyaro: Financially stable my Ass! Even in nature there is nothing like stability, mountains do move and crumble with time, most lazy and cowardly guys always hide behind the cloak of financial instability not to get married, yet such guys have and maintain 2 to 3 babes, at a go. Anyway u can wait till u are 50 n stable before getting married. As for me, I earn 3k daily n am getting married this year. He who finds a wife finds a good thing n obtains favour in the sight of the Lord.

you are obviously are a smart guy
Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by kalufelix(m): 6:22pm On May 11, 2013
philusaau: i have got no job and i am getting married thins year. What most people do not understand is this. There are some blessings attached to marriage.
4 real?
U go hearam make ah catch dat ya proposed wife...
Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by isalegan2: 6:24pm On May 11, 2013
Orikinla: Anyone who is not financially stable should not marry.
I am embarrassed to be harassed by poor couples who cannot feed the kids they breed like dogs.

With all your grey hair, and oft-proclaimed religious piety, you lack sense and compassion. Referring to women giving birth as "dogs." You're so proud of your senseless post too, you even had time to bold and enlarge it. How many poor families are you feeding, Mr. Billionaire? undecided
Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by Nobody: 6:26pm On May 11, 2013
one would still need some sort of job even if its the lowest paying job in the city.

You need potential and hard work , one of my uncle started out in a one bedroom apartment with his wife and is now one of the richest legal practitioners in Nigeria today.

You could also be from a middle class / rich home where support is in abundance.

you could have savings or inheritance locked up somewhere.

You do not have to start off from a flat or duplex or that high paying job before getting married to your sweetheart.

I have seen people earning very well before marriage and 2months later lose the same job.

Summary is that you would need some change in your pocket and potential to become great.

2 Likes

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by aduhube: 6:29pm On May 11, 2013
Orikinla: [size=18pt]Anyone who is not financially stable should not marry.
I am embarrassed to be harassed by poor couples who cannot feed the kids they breed like dogs.[/size]
AND WOMEN WILL REMAIN WAITING FOR HOW LONG?
Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by adabeke12(f): 6:34pm On May 11, 2013
Freiburger:
And any woman i meet after i become financially stable will never be taken serious by me.
even if she herself is also financially stable?
Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by adabeke12(f): 6:35pm On May 11, 2013
25omega: i would prefer financial stability but sometime if you have a steady job you can get married to a woman who also has a steady job. This way you both can pool your resources to have a good life while striving for financial stability.

financial stability is good but you can spend your whole life before you get it. basically if you will marry when you have a steady job, make sure the person you marry is not lazy and make sure that person has a job also.

amen.
Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by jmoore(m): 6:43pm On May 11, 2013
And what if after marriage the finance becomes unstable, will you seek for divorce? eh?
Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by 50calibre(m): 7:02pm On May 11, 2013
chlowi: Personally , I tink its a thin of choice , for instance , if I truly love my man and he isn't so financially stable and he is got potentials , ill marry him I for one don't ebven want the flambouyant wedding , we cud do a low key wedding , I know on my own am not a lazy woman , we both wd pt heads together , drink that garri together and see to it that we become made. Once a man is hardworking and smart success isn't far anymore . As a woman I also need to look at our financial capabilty before having babies , so far we can rent a house and feed and transport , 2 heads are always better dan one , so far the man and the woman work hard , if I can date a man why wnt I marry him ? ?? But den again sme men tend to forget in a hurry the woman who stood by them wen dey had nothing ...
My advice is , you don't have to be millionaire before u marry , at the same time don't be a lazy man that's wen I will not marry you .

I like your thinking, I wish more Nigerian women were like you but unfortunately, the world is a very tough place, potential wont always translate into success.

My advice to you is while you and your husband are drinking gari, please don't have kids because it would be cruel of you to bring a child into this world to drink gari with you.

1 Like

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by adconline(m): 7:35pm On May 11, 2013
ChikezieU: moonnkkeey; who is talking of many children, the topic is simple, financial stable or not, manage the amount you earn
Cretin, it's hard for blockheads like u to think with their brains. Marriage produces kids and they must be taken care of by folks who laid down to bring them into this world. They are not supposed to help us raise our own family. Parents are selfish when they don't think it through on what it takes to raise a family. A lot of young Naija folks think that the easiest to be accomplished when their hustle does not pay off is to get someone pregnant. If you want someone to be your flesh and blood, shouldn't you be thinking what to leave behind for that your offspring? Should we bequeath poverty simply because we were born poor?

1 Like

Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by nenergy(m): 8:01pm On May 11, 2013
For me, financial stability means having more than one source of income. You can't marry or enjoy the marriage on N18,000 (minimum wage).
Re: Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? by creationxt(m): 8:19pm On May 11, 2013
The rock solid advice is from Proverbs 24:27 ''Prepare thy work without, and make it fit for thyself in the field; and afterwards build thine house.''

What you need is to be very good at your work and make some money, then you can marry.

Financial stability can be a mirage and money has wings. No, you don't need all that financial stability to get married

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which Is The Right Finger To Wear Engagement Rings? / Deceived By Facebook Lover, Story Of Pamela Mojekwu / What Physical Features Turn You Off In Men?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.