Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,172 members, 7,815,104 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Human-Rights Is Silent Over Nasarawa Police Killings : Why? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Human-Rights Is Silent Over Nasarawa Police Killings : Why? (12342 Views)

Ogoni Killings: Why We Struck / Why The Media Is Silent On Another Bomb Blast On Christmas Day. / BAGA KILLINGS: Why We Struck – JTF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Human-Rights Is Silent Over Nasarawa Police Killings : Why? by Solozzo(m): 11:13pm On May 11, 2013
Omo_Tier1: I do not blame the OP, simply because you cannot get first hand information in the village you live. Human rights have issued statement already condemning the killings of police officers and have also called for a thorough investigation! The US and UK government have also demanded the same.

Some of you rejoice in ignorance embarassed

Source please
Re: Human-Rights Is Silent Over Nasarawa Police Killings : Why? by HezronLorraine(m): 11:15pm On May 11, 2013
pro01: There isn't much to like about the Nigerian security forces (especially the military). Nonetheless, we must not forget the fact that these characters that called themselves policemen and SSS were ARMED. The ill-trained, illegally employed, and unprofessional fools that populate the Nigerian security agencies always bully the rest of the populace with (tax-payer funded) arms. That is the ONLY advantage they have over the "bloody civilians" they oppress daily.

Now, the least we expect is that they should be able to defend themselves with those arms with which they gleefully oppress defenceless civilians daily - when they happen to encounter criminals and other rogue elements. When they are so shamefully disgraced by armed ordinary "bloody civilians", it is inevitable for many unarmed civilians to feel some kind of schadenfreude. That explains the general apathy in civil society about the disgraceful fate that befell hundreds of ARMED Nigerian security forces in the hands of a rag-tag militia comprising the much oppressed "bloody civilians".

Until these fools learn to be professional, and to treat civilians with dignity as is the case in the rest of the civilised world, you should not expect civilians to feel too much empathy or sympathy towards them. Simple.
Pls,just a question:what is SCHADENFREUDE?
Is that in the dictionary or thessaurus.
Re: Human-Rights Is Silent Over Nasarawa Police Killings : Why? by HezronLorraine(m): 11:23pm On May 11, 2013
lacicrips:

I was going to answer the quoted post above. The one below answers the question quite nicely.

thank God for people with brain like you.cause its like some Nairalanders have started watching to much of Iranian Press Tv.that's why dy r quick at judgement to what they believe is the insinceriy of the west and human rights orgs on this whole saga.
Re: Human-Rights Is Silent Over Nasarawa Police Killings : Why? by Solozzo(m): 11:24pm On May 11, 2013
solomon111: you are a dishonest toad.
The US/UK did not condemn the killings of security operatives.
They were only re-echoing the sentiments of unscrupulous NGOs and human rights group who heat up the polity by promoting propaganda against the military.
The US/UK were asking the govt to probe the deaths of the so-called innocents lives of the baga residents.
Nowhere in the article did the US/UK condemn the murder of security operatives.

That's for the naija govt. GEJ should have addressed the nation quickly. First condemning the barbaric act, showing support and condolence for bereaved family, assuring support, investigation abd justice as well as encouraging NPF to show tolerance and not to go on a revenge mission. Imagine what Obama in United States of America does when these kinds of killings happen.
Re: Human-Rights Is Silent Over Nasarawa Police Killings : Why? by ganye1: 11:53pm On May 11, 2013
The human right groups are in the business of protecting people who are weak against the exceeses of the govt and institutions. The police are armed and are capable of defending themselves.
Re: Human-Rights Is Silent Over Nasarawa Police Killings : Why? by azimibraun: 11:58pm On May 11, 2013
So u guys mean Legendary Lai Mohammed ddnt say anything about dis killings? What about Mr Dino Melaye? I dey wait for them on other national matters.
Re: Human-Rights Is Silent Over Nasarawa Police Killings : Why? by azimibraun: 12:03am On May 12, 2013
I tot Mr Obama ws on national TV all tru d period of the boston marathon bombing; GeJ dey fear tv cameras abi why is he nt talking to our ppl? Anyways dt is his way. He never said a thing wen 4luvly boys frm his alma matta wia butcherd and burnt alive to death. Aluu 4 if u guys hv 4gotn.
Re: Human-Rights Is Silent Over Nasarawa Police Killings : Why? by JJahzwill(m): 12:12am On May 12, 2013
gangar: Human rights condemn when an authority vested with power and armed abuse those powers and kill innocent people. That is people who were legitimately enthrusted with arms and state machinery. What is there to condemn in a cult organization that is illigal and outlawed to start with. Condemning such is even giving outlawed cults legitimacy. Therefore even in such instances the police are still to condemned for not taking enough precautionary measures to protect themselves.

Oga gangar, here are some helpful tips:
1.Ease up on the gangar.
2. Read the thread carefully and slowly.
3. Let it rattle around in your brain for a while.
4. Type out your comment.
5. Run a spelling check.
6. Then submit.

Re: Human-Rights Is Silent Over Nasarawa Police Killings : Why? by Capnd143(m): 12:51am On May 12, 2013
redsun: If the police can not protect itself,it means it is a failed force. Therefore,a failed state.

Who on earth will feel sorry for brutal and oppressive nigerian police force? It is like feeling sorry for the gestapos. Theirs is a typical case of chicken coming home to roost.
what is configuratively wrong with you? Police protect itself 4rm Ambush and jazz? Even better armed Us forces died in hundreds when the were ambushed by rag tag talibans! Hw much more ordinary nigerian cops armed with kalishnikovs
Re: Human-Rights Is Silent Over Nasarawa Police Killings : Why? by james1(m): 1:27am On May 12, 2013
May their souls rest in peace;the government will certainly respond for this wanton destruction of human lives.
So bad the real pepertrators might have vanished.
The community had better prepare themselves or flee the area cos it won't be funny when payback time comes.
Their unprofessional approach baffle's one though;why didn't send the SSS first?
Re: Human-Rights Is Silent Over Nasarawa Police Killings : Why? by Nobody: 1:58am On May 12, 2013
The so called non state actors or civil society organizations are only working to justify their mandates. They seek for relevance and cheap publicity. They also try to defend their budget and use their activity to solicit for more funding. When Boko Haram Kills soldiers or police men, to them, it is no news, when soldiers or police men kill in self defence in a major operation, it becomes their major headache. Nigerians working with international donor agencies and international NGOs as program officers contributed to this nonsense. Some of them are biased and are always against the government. I once worked in one of this agencies and disagreed with some of my colleagues on information given to these officials. I noticed that is how to survive by feeding them negative information about the government.
Re: Human-Rights Is Silent Over Nasarawa Police Killings : Why? by Nobody: 2:54am On May 12, 2013
Have we forgotten that the NPF killed 9 Men from that Nassarawa tribe before their local amadioha fought on their behalf and massacred the police
Are those 9 men being talked about by anyone
Are their lives worthless
The police provoked the attack but their chi was not as strong as those of their enemies
Period
Re: Human-Rights Is Silent Over Nasarawa Police Killings : Why? by naptu2: 3:00am On May 12, 2013
Yazmin:

Please spare us these conjured and concocted details. We have heard it for so many years. Have you lived in the north, where it is believed that there is a plan by the western government and their so called 'christian' counterparts to kill and make impotent the future generation of muslim via the polio and other child immunizations,so as to reduce the muslim population in future(very wild belief if I guess) hence the radical cum violent rejection by the illiterate populace of the programme. If you keep spreading this false assertions and those in the north keep believing the concocted stories by their 'malams', I guess we'd all be in a 'fools paradise'. Wisen up and use the brains God gave us....

+100
Re: Human-Rights Is Silent Over Nasarawa Police Killings : Why? by egoldman(m): 3:43am On May 12, 2013
babyosisi: Have we forgotten that the NPF killed 9 Men from that Nassarawa tribe before their local amadioha fought on their behalf and massacred the police
Are those 9 men being talked about by anyone
Are their lives worthless
The police provoked the attack but their chi was not as strong as those of their enemies
Period
Nsogbu adiro,but when they start receiving the inevitable "ODI" treatment ,hope their amadioha would be there to protect them angry
Re: Human-Rights Is Silent Over Nasarawa Police Killings : Why? by kinguwem: 7:36am On May 12, 2013
The loss of lives of the officers was caused by poor operational tactics. Intelligence gathering was poor. There was no concrete plan for backup & reinforcement despite the close proximity to the headquarters. There is need for proper training & equipment of officers & men of the Police..
Re: Human-Rights Is Silent Over Nasarawa Police Killings : Why? by egoldman(m): 8:59am On May 12, 2013
kinguwem: The loss of lives of the officers was caused by poor operational tactics. Intelligence gathering was poor. There was no concrete plan for backup & reinforcement despite the close proximity to the headquarters. There is need for proper training & equipment of officers & men of the Police..

Wrong , there was a police informant , i mean a nasarawa police man that was giving information the militants about the plans and movement of the police , read this https://www.nairaland.com/1286548/corporal-enugu-informant-ombaste-militia
No matter how trained and strong you are if one of your men decides to betray you , you are as good as gone .
Re: Human-Rights Is Silent Over Nasarawa Police Killings : Why? by sleekysol(m): 9:02am On May 12, 2013
First of all as regards the Baga killings what headway has the human right condemnation produced?
Secondly the police force is a well structured organization the should be investigating and making arrest now
And finally I will suggest that rather than bickering and fighting one another on trivial issues let's cum together and condemn the act of terrorism as a nation with one voice and one goal that is the blurry way forward
Re: Human-Rights Is Silent Over Nasarawa Police Killings : Why? by StevenJay01(m): 9:08am On May 12, 2013
emmydeep: All Nigerias woes is caused by the USA and The collonial masters. And these are the facts.:
1. Before they left Nigeria, they falsified the Nigerian population figure in favour of the North.
2. They told the North never to let an old Eastern president emerge.
3. They indirectly through their proxies make oppose the emergence of an Eastern president.
Why they did it?
1. To protect their criminal oil investment cartels in Nigeria.
Why and how ?
1. Before they left Nigeria, the found out the following.
a. The Northers are very loyal and can follow shippishly, they behave like their cows. They dont have anything to offer interlectualy except in Agriculture.
B. The westerners are best in Law practices and Journalism.
C. The East are verry hard working entreprenuers, wizards in engineering and technology and the only people that can practically transform Nigeria to a self-sufficient country.

It is clear why they are antagonising GEJ. The USA and allies dont truelly want Nigeria to stand. They sabotage Nigerian because GEJ refused to accept their drones in Nigeria.
It is known all over the world the US is the number one sponsor of terrorism; if not how did they know that Nigeria will dissintegrate by or before 2015.
Nigerians be wise.

I pity you so much!!you attach so much relevance to an irrelevant ethnic group!its no secret that the whole south east and south South is filled with greed and mediocres!Same reason your great Zik prefered forming an alliance with the fulanis than a more intellectually superior Awolowo!Same with Ironsi who digged his own grave.The south/s are bigger jokers;they are blessed with shallow minded and corrupt leaders that has never been seen in the history of this country!!Jonathern heads the pack.No serious minded nigerian would cast a vote for a southern candidate again.Ebele was an historical mistake that would take a long time to happen again
Re: Human-Rights Is Silent Over Nasarawa Police Killings : Why? by redsun(m): 9:18am On May 12, 2013
What are these foul ranting pigs talking about? Those that are on the side of nigerian police are criminals like them,like the politicians.
Nigerian police is a death squad use by the politicians and the corruptly rich to eliminate innocent nigerians. They are the mordern day ruthless gestapos.
Re: Human-Rights Is Silent Over Nasarawa Police Killings : Why? by Edenitis(m): 9:56am On May 12, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
Human rights organizations are not in the business of protecting governments or government organizations....if it was an attack on civilians yes they would speak up.....they dont speak up for governments because they have resources to protect them selves: police, army, navy, marines etc etc....and also...in most cases.. they would be speaking up for the same agencies they are fighting against....which could lead to corruption.....and Police killing is generally not a human rights violation....because it could be in self defence
My sentiments exactly.
I am really saddened by the loss of so many precious lives of our gallant officers and men. We should be asking what rationale the police authorities had to go invading a community. Why did they not assess the capabilities of their opponents before invading?
The police has Federal might behind it. Why would civil rights groups condemn hapless indigenous communities who are seeking ways to defend themselves against percieved unjust attack from Federal might.
Our security forces have the challenge of assuring the people all over the land that they have national and not sectional or political interests in mind. Otherwise, I dare say they have not seen anything yet.
Having said all, I am very desolate when I her of the mayhem going on in this country. We need men across the country who can come up with a solution.... We are drifting to anarchy
Re: Human-Rights Is Silent Over Nasarawa Police Killings : Why? by akanbiolawale(m): 9:59am On May 12, 2013
Camilia247:

inotherwords, once you belong to any org. Human rights Org can fight for your right?right? you forget that this are Nigerians too...they (human rights org) can lead a campaign against killing of security men if they are really sincere.
I quote u wrong on that,the human right orgs are for people that have been abused in one way or the other,this is a very different case,we are talking about people that were killed or probably murdered along the line of duty.
Though,it's a very shameful thing and I think the government are in the best position to tackle this issue.
Which org will the human right org be waging war with? "The Government or The Terrorist?"
Human right org only deals with orgs that have legal representatives.
And the reason why I think the government are not publicising this is because they don't want to spread panic to the masses. Because for you hearing a news that 30uniformed men were killed,the first thing that comes to your mind is "if some terrorist group can be killing the security official like this,then I don't think the citizens are safe in here".
What I think anyone should be talking about now is how are the families of the deceased get their compensation from the government,then the human right org stuff can come in. But any other stories apart from that,my dear am afraid it's OFF point.
Re: Human-Rights Is Silent Over Nasarawa Police Killings : Why? by Teymanhenry(f): 10:09am On May 12, 2013
This story is crap. Wat happened was different. 1St of al,have the group committee any crime? Why sending batallions of armed security men to go out shooting? The shrine is protected. And you cant go there without permission...they acted on self defence. Let me ask you- if you have a gun and someone came to your house shooting at ya,would just sit and die like a chicken? Or you'l defend yourself? The question is yours
Re: Human-Rights Is Silent Over Nasarawa Police Killings : Why? by DanIlon(m): 10:17am On May 12, 2013
Nigeria security force action force in wrong way,
Re: Human-Rights Is Silent Over Nasarawa Police Killings : Why? by kambah(m): 10:21am On May 12, 2013
emmysenior: 1. Maybe they see it as a trivial issue.

2. Maybe they are afraid to bring home an ant infested wood, so as as to avoid the visitation of lizards.

3. Maybe the other over hyped news that we hear about killings were being fueled by opposition to GEJ.

4. Maybe they see it as a normal thing for men in uniform to die.

5. Maybe it's due to the sins of the police in the past that killed the spirit of sympathy people had towards them.

I tired, because the press wouldn't allowed us to rest after Baga massacre but the lives of gallant officer is nothing to write about, why. Pure politics and intrigues.
Re: Human-Rights Is Silent Over Nasarawa Police Killings : Why? by grandpoh(m): 10:59am On May 12, 2013
Shortta words.......though v gt no string of pity 4 d NPF,I still feel sumtin ought 2 av been done bo dz z NIGERIA evwitin z politically motivated!!!!
Re: Human-Rights Is Silent Over Nasarawa Police Killings : Why? by Dogzimalon: 11:27am On May 12, 2013
Maybe to them police is not human .folish people .if it was police that did the shooting all nothern leaders will start talking
Re: Human-Rights Is Silent Over Nasarawa Police Killings : Why? by redsun(m): 11:28am On May 12, 2013
Nigerian police deserves to be disbanded. They are bunch of rogues that derives pleasure in tormenting and killing innocent nigerians. Same are the socalled nigerian judiciary.

I hate islamists,but I am with those that genuinely fights against the oppressive system in Nigeria. Those that doesn't harm innocent people to make their voice heard.
Re: Human-Rights Is Silent Over Nasarawa Police Killings : Why? by ogorsunday(m): 12:17pm On May 12, 2013
ii the wonder sef aba abi police no be human being again?
Re: Human-Rights Is Silent Over Nasarawa Police Killings : Why? by IBnatty(m): 12:27pm On May 12, 2013
Camilia247:

DOES THIS FACT OF YOURS JUSTIFY THE KILLINGS OF SECURITY OPERATIVES? ATLEAST THEY SHOULD CONDEMN THE ACT EVEN IF ACCORDING TO YOU 'THERE IS NOTHING HUMAN RIGHT GRPS CAN DO'..

There is something Human Right groups can do.. Whining. That's what they've always done.
Re: Human-Rights Is Silent Over Nasarawa Police Killings : Why? by surveycash(m): 1:37pm On May 12, 2013
emmydeep:

It is clear why they are antagonising GEJ. The USA and allies dont truelly want Nigeria to stand. They sabotage Nigerian because GEJ refused to accept their drones in Nigeria.
It is known all over the world the US is the number one sponsor of terrorism; if not how did they know that Nigeria will dissintegrate by or before 2015.
Nigerians be wise.

May God increase your intellect and give us more of your type

1 Like

Re: Human-Rights Is Silent Over Nasarawa Police Killings : Why? by Leemak: 1:40pm On May 12, 2013
because nigeria police are not civilians' friends.
Re: Human-Rights Is Silent Over Nasarawa Police Killings : Why? by bokohalal(m): 2:58pm On May 12, 2013
Honestly,I think the Police ambushed and shot themselves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Only Prayers Can Bring Back Dapchi Girls" - Dolapo Osinbajo / Gov Ugwuanyi, Sen Ekweremadu And Udeh-okoye Arrive Venue Of Enugu PDP Primary / Nigeria Considers $2.8 Billion External Loan For 2020 Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.