Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Human-Rights Is Silent Over Nasarawa Police Killings : Why? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Human-Rights Is Silent Over Nasarawa Police Killings : Why? (12340 Views)

Ogoni Killings: Why We Struck / Why The Media Is Silent On Another Bomb Blast On Christmas Day. / BAGA KILLINGS: Why We Struck – JTF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Human-Rights Is Silent Over Nasarawa Police Killings : Why? by otipoju(m): 3:16pm On May 12, 2013
pro01: There isn't much to like about the Nigerian security forces (especially the military). Nonetheless, we must not forget the fact that these characters that called themselves policemen and SSS were ARMED. The ill-trained, illegally employed, and unprofessional fools that populate the Nigerian security agencies always bully the rest of the populace with (tax-payer funded) arms. That is the ONLY advantage they have over the "bloody civilians" they oppress daily.

Now, the least we expect is that they should be able to defend themselves with those arms with which they gleefully oppress defenceless civilians daily - when they happen to encounter criminals and other rogue elements. When they are so shamefully disgraced by armed ordinary "bloody civilians", it is inevitable for many unarmed civilians to feel some kind of schadenfreude. That explains the general apathy in civil society about the disgraceful fate that befell hundreds of ARMED Nigerian security forces in the hands of a rag-tag militia comprising the much oppressed "bloody civilians".

Until these fools learn to be professional, and to treat civilians with dignity as is the case in the rest of the civilised world, you should not expect civilians to feel too much empathy or sympathy towards them. Simple.
I understand how you feel perfectly and am tempted to feel the same but then I remember these guys are human and that is the only reason that I feel for them... Because they are human beings.I just shake my head for the system that has breed the "bully" security personell and the rebellious militia...wait till the millions of unemployed youth lay their hands on guns;a lot of politicians will go on exile cause the country will boil!!! May God help us all.
Re: Human-Rights Is Silent Over Nasarawa Police Killings : Why? by redsun(m): 3:45pm On May 12, 2013
Human rights my ass. Is there anything like human rights in Nigeria? What you have there is clear cut dog eat dog system,perpetrated by the police,judiciary and the kingpins themselves,the politrikcians.

There is something about the kidnnaping of supreme court judge family members that resonates the chicken coming home to roost saying. It will all come back to hunt you murderfuckers.
Re: Human-Rights Is Silent Over Nasarawa Police Killings : Why? by jerikoyan(m): 6:52pm On May 12, 2013
Some are actualy doing their best you can check out this ling to see what HURV is doing http://hurvi.org/event/34/Nassarawa-Killings:-NHRC-Chair-condemns-Ombatse-act-and-demands-justice#.UY_UdMmPKBV
Re: Human-Rights Is Silent Over Nasarawa Police Killings : Why? by egoldman(m): 1:10am On May 13, 2013
bokohalal: Honestly,I think the Police ambushed and shot themselves.
Have you taken your medicine today ?
Re: Human-Rights Is Silent Over Nasarawa Police Killings : Why? by baysol: 9:00am On May 13, 2013
Nathaniel734: I need to know or do the lives of security officers matter less...barely 2 weeks ago the media was replete with killings of civilians.
So many different stories emanated, individuals, human rights and even some international org. issued statements and made some allegations, which was a good step.

However, 2,3 days ago similar incidence occurred in Nasarawa involving security operatives, and up-til now, nobody has said anything, no human right talks, the media is silent over it, why?

Does it mean the lives of this officers don't really matter especially with fact that they were trying to curb an imminent danger and were cut off in the line of duty to their father land...

It is so sad that no one has really come out to seek for justice for this grave men, is it fair?

let us critically look at this issue, please.

That is why we need to chase this yeye lady from aljezira, Evaugn Udenge who report nonsence and things lacking facts to the world. Nigeria don mumu finish because of mumu president and people in power, this woman looks like she's an appologist for Boko haram as she always pop up where-ever they commit their attrocities and make noise when this bastard harams are killed as human right abuses but choose to keep quiet when law abiding citizens are murdered in cold blood by this Haram mad men. She must not be allowed to report again in Nigeria as she is a bygot and must be shown the door like her compatriot Jeff Koinangi of CNN.
Re: Human-Rights Is Silent Over Nasarawa Police Killings : Why? by gentle12: 11:09am On May 13, 2013
maasoap: Because they were on another Baga massacar. Or, how do you explain 93 armed police, SSS and Civil defence corps in eleven trucks trying to arrest a single leader?

Yes! I agree with you,it was intended to be another political mass elimination and suppression of the weak and the oppressed class of the society,just like we had in BAGGA,ODI and others,where innocent civilians were carelessly and recklessly massacred using law enforcement agents to settles political scores without recourse to human feelings or conscience.
But unfortunately for them,these people refused to be complacent and they joined forces to defend themselves and protect their existences,by letting the oppressed know that we all have right to life ,hence the hunter eventually became the hunted.
Next time ,the the law enforcement agents would be wiser and they will not allow themselves to be used for selfish political issues.
Re: Human-Rights Is Silent Over Nasarawa Police Killings : Why? by OLISASDEJI(m): 1:05pm On May 13, 2013
Camilia247:

DOES THIS FACT OF YOURS JUSTIFY THE KILLINGS OF SECURITY OPERATIVES? ATLEAST THEY SHOULD CONDEMN THE ACT EVEN IF ACCORDING TO YOU 'THERE IS NOTHING HUMAN RIGHT GRPS CAN DO'..

Bros, does condemnation revive the soul of the falling officers? I think people should try and look beyond the killings of 95 or so called officers but what really caused the tragedy. I can see the Governor of nasarawa and police commisioner are silent over this issue. the governor that i watch over the weekend was stammering. I think the governor knows more to it than anubody else.
Re: Human-Rights Is Silent Over Nasarawa Police Killings : Why? by Birdmanjnr(m): 2:28pm On May 13, 2013
maasoap: Because they were on another Baga massacar. Or, how do you explain 93 armed police, SSS and Civil defence corps in eleven trucks trying to arrest a single leader?
The fact is he is not just an ordinary leader so their going in that number is justified to an extent. The truth is the perpetrators of this ev.il called b.h have succeeded in infesting almost all d sectors pivotal in running the country's affairs. They have their agents all over including the security sector. Their aim is not far-fetched as it is to sabotage my innocent bro's(GEJ) administration in order for them to assume leadership back. This might continue as d east and south might disturb their administration too as a payback. Our situation here in Naija is on its way out of hand and we need God's intervention plus something serious to resolve it. Fellas we need deliverance.
Re: Human-Rights Is Silent Over Nasarawa Police Killings : Why? by Slamking(m): 2:32pm On May 13, 2013
Dearest people of Nigeria, I would have xploded cos i have actually been waiting for responces from H.R.A bt non cameup. Is it because the casualty is from security operatives? Onlike Bama's cituation every one blamed securities for responding fire4fire now we began blaming polic 4 unprofessional operation of which human right are posibly contemplating. I hate Nigeria mode of lawlessness and rood governance. A huge threat to security force of these magnitude is a threat to all but oh God Its time u do something to save ur children.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited / Cardinal Onaiyekan: Fulani Herdsmen Are Seen As Evil / Kogi Workers Jubilate As Yahaya Bello Pays Salaries Before Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.