Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,542 members, 7,816,320 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? (36306 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Nobody: 10:33pm On May 12, 2013
kalunomics: GEJ has performed in 2years, more than OBJ did in 4years yet he rigged his way through second term and even dared 3rd term while u all were arms folded and always gave him your mandate but because GEJ is not Yoruba or one of your slave-masters, you revere and reprimand even good policies of him that is supposed to move the nation forward.
Tell me if the corruption in GEJ government is higher than that of your autocratic kinsman who started his administation with Ikeja bomb blast that killed thousands, kidnapped and killed opponents and human right activists... Crash planes killing every soul on board because he wants to eliminate a single opponent on board. Selected and rigged elections up to LG levels and planted mediocres in public offices all round the country.
Tell me, what was the prize of fuel when OBJ took on the mantle to pilot the affairs of the country and how much was it when he left? Oshomole was molested and beaten severally! Its only on GEJ's administration that you all see bad. Hypocritic tribal fanatics!!
They only place GEJ's admin has failed is in terms of security which your slave-masters are master-minding to further disparage GEj! Shamefully, you people still back them! Amidst all these tribulations, he is still performing more than any president this country has ever had. Go and check his score card for 2years and compare it with OBJ's 8years and then come back here to confess how you have been deluded all these while.
Vote him again and when it is 2019 you drag it the north.
You've made a whole lot of allegations, be prepared to defend them. Do you know that the Ikeja bomb blast was targeted at OBJ?
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by kalunomics(m): 10:34pm On May 12, 2013
Ola Johnson:
Yoruba hold top posts because they are educated, not just graduates. The gatemen you said are not Yoruba could also be graduate Igbo like the ESUT four. Certificates are bought in some SE universities. If you doubt me visit any NYSC orientation camp when corps member are around.
i laugh at your insincerity! When it is so in your land, you cry foul and tell the whole world how you people happen to be the mose tolerant people in the world and lie that the SS/SE states won't let anybody that is not from the region to hold a meaningful post... My brother come to my church in owerri, we just finished erecting corpers quaters for all serving catholic corpers in owerri which are predominantly yorubas and a few hausas whom a considerable number of them tend to remain here after service as my parish priest helps a lot of them to secure a job here. They serve either or both as alter boys, choir, church wardens and/or lay readers but some of them was recently reduced from the lay reading and guess what? Cuz of their typical oduduwa accent over English. When they want to give you their phone numbers here na wahala to make out what they are saying: cero hate cero (080) sis he lefun sis (6116) tiri hate faif sefun (3857). Dat's my hem ti hen noba... Even Igbo secondary school drop outs can do better than that and yet they are nepotically made customer service attendants in some organizations.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Bsmartt(m): 10:35pm On May 12, 2013
what has religion got to do with this? i believe the best man FASHOLA thinks can do it should be accepted by all.so stop this religious wahala.let us all wake up for the sake of a better NIGERIA.bsmartt
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Aliyu333: 10:36pm On May 12, 2013
shymexx: ^^^^Who cares if the governor is Muslim, Hindu, Pagan, or whatnot?

As long as the person is indigenous to the state, Lagosians will support him/her.

You lot need to take your religious bs away from Lagos; most people from there have Muslims, Christians, and Traditionalists in their families. undecided undecided undecided
abi ooooo
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Ess: 10:37pm On May 12, 2013
I smell GEJ use of deception, just the way he deceived his gullible followers during 2011. Lagosians aren't foolish this time!
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by staintemres(m): 10:37pm On May 12, 2013
I REALLY WONDER WHEN GOVERNANCE IN THIS COUNTRY WILL GO BEYOND RELIGION, TRIBALISM AND NEPOTISM. I AM A CHRISTIAN BUT I DON'T MIND A MUSLIM RULING EVEN MY STATE(IMO) IF HE WOULD DEVELOP IT. AFTER ALL IT WAS THE GENTILES THAT RULED THE WORLD IN THE TIME OUR LORD JESUS WAS ON EARTH AND HE NEVER OPPOSED THEM. THE RIGHT QUESTION TO ASK IS IF ANOTHER GOOD AND INNOVATIVE GOVERNOR LIFE FASHOLA WILL RULE LAGOS AGAIN?

1 Like

Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Stlatyv(m): 10:39pm On May 12, 2013
McKren: I think the OP is asking a good question

With this evidence we are all in trouble if Tinubu and Fashola take over control of the Presidency
u ar talkin of bein in trouble unda tinubu or fash cos of their religious take,guy abeg tel me wat trouble can b more dan d one we ar experiencin unda jonathan nd al his christian aids,advisers nd ministers. Obasanjo is 4rm d west,aw many people 4rm d west av u heard dat complained obj is a christian nd nt muslim even though a muslim won a clean nd clear election bt was denied nd killed. Since muslim hav bin rulin dis we'v neva experience such a bad nd continuous hazard lyk dis,animalistic kilns nd dif threat 4rm stupid nd crazy civilians lyk asari nd co. Den if christian president jonathan cant do his job dont u fink we put 4ward a worthy muslim dat can do it? Go bk ohm nd rest,u nid it badly

1 Like

Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Nobody: 10:40pm On May 12, 2013
payless:

Olodo! 2009 was just 4 years ago and Yar'adua was in power. In 1999 when olu Falae contested against Obasanjo, the Yorubas voted for Olu Falae because of his records. What about 2003 election? The Yorubas did not vote for Obasanjo either, because his first term was a failure. You don't even have the facts, but you just spewed out a whole bunch of nonsense. Yorubas are not blinded by ethnicity or religion just as you and your blind brothers and sisters.
E se gan, e de ku ise opolo. We must allow any person cause religious difference among we the Yoruba.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Aliyu333: 10:40pm On May 12, 2013
kalunomics: i laugh at your insincerity! When it is so in your land, you cry foul and tell the whole world how you people happen to be the mose tolerant people in the world and lie that the SS/SE states won't let anybody that is not from the region to hold a meaningful post... My brother come to my church in owerri, we just finished erecting corpers quaters for all serving catholic corpers in owerri which are predominantly yorubas and a few hausas whom a considerable number of them tend to remain here after service as my parish priest helps a lot of them to secure a job here. They serve either or both as alter boys, choir, church wardens and/or lay readers but some of them was recently reduced from the lay reading and guess what? Cuz of their typical oduduwa accent over English. When they want to give you their phone numbers here na wahala to make out what they are saying: cero hate cero (080) sis he lefun sis (6116) tiri hate faif sefun (3857). Dat's my hem ti hen noba... Even Igbo secondary school drop outs can do better than that and yet they are nepotically made customer service attendants in some organizations.
abeg accent na accent many igbos wey no fit differentiate btw R and L...resson instead of lesson,ren instead of learn.led instead of red(mostly ebonyi)..so take that off and be one nigeria or is SOYINKA ENGLISH ODUDUWA-ACCENTED??
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Afam4evaIsASlut: 10:42pm On May 12, 2013
payless:

Then, I felt someone from SS deserved to be President too. We also considered the way Yar'adua cabals treated him after Yar'adua got sick and after his demise.

Well, everyone with a sense of Justice fought and insisted that he be made acting President because it was constitutionally the right thing to do. But, when elections came around, there was no way I was going to encourage people to vote for a man who was known to be corrupt, whose wife was known to be corrupt, a man with no history of doing anything worthwhile since his days in govt.... a man that dodged every debate against his opponents just because he sounded dumb as hell everytime he made a statement but chose to sit down with Dbanj. lmao

Anyway, dude, if APC fields Buhari use the same fervor and encoruage everyone to vote for him.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Nobody: 10:43pm On May 12, 2013
Seun,

I thought you had banned inter-tribal and racial wars on Nairaland. This thread has turned into that and should be closed without further delay.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Obiagu1(m): 10:45pm On May 12, 2013
Prof Corruption: You folks continue to engage in a lost cause. Religion is not a factor in SW politics and no matter how hard you try to turn it to a willing tool of division, failure is rest assured for such effort.

The key factors are qualification, past record and potential for performance. How does religion enhance or impede performance in office? Take your religion nonsense away.

Muslim Yorubas continue to deceive Christian Yorubas. When a Christian Yoruba governor of Lagos State hands over to another Christian and yet to another Christian and Muslims didn't complain or take up arms, then I'll know religion is not an issue in the SW.

I've lived and studied with Muslims and I know it's their way or no way.

1 Like

Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Nobody: 10:47pm On May 12, 2013
Afam4evaIsASlut:

Well, everyone with a sense of Justice fought and insisted that he be made acting President because it was constitutionally the right thing to do. But, when elections came around, there was no way I was going to encourage people to vote for a man who was known to be corrupt, whose wife was known to be corrupt, a man with no history of doing anything worthwhile since his days in govt.... a man that dodged every debate against his opponents just because he sounded dumb as hell everytime he made a statement but chose to sit down with Dbanj. lmao

Anyway, dude, if APC fields Buhari use the same fervor and encoruage everyone to vote for him.

There won't be any mistake this time around. I might change my mind if 24/hrs electricity supply is finally achieved by end of 2014. I doubt it it though.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Nobody: 10:47pm On May 12, 2013
kalunomics: i laugh at your insincerity! When it is so in your land, you cry foul and tell the whole world how you people happen to be the mose tolerant people in the world and lie that the SS/SE states won't let anybody that is not from the region to hold a meaningful post... My brother come to my church in owerri, we just finished erecting corpers quaters for all serving catholic corpers in owerri which are predominantly yorubas and a few hausas whom a considerable number of them tend to remain here after service as my parish priest helps a lot of them to secure a job here. They serve either or both as alter boys, choir, church wardens and/or lay readers but some of them was recently reduced from the lay reading and guess what? Cuz of their typical oduduwa accent over English. When they want to give you their phone numbers here na wahala to make out what they are saying: cero hate cero (080) sis he lefun sis (6116) tiri hate faif sefun (3857). Dat's my hem ti hen noba... Even Igbo secondary school drop outs can do better than that and yet they are nepotically made customer service attendants in some organizations.
Anuofia that thinks he is from Ohanfia, everybody speaks whatever language s/he understands with the accent of the place s/he grew. An Irish man speaks English like the English man but with different accents.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Nobody: 10:48pm On May 12, 2013
Very funny,their wives practicing Christians my foot,those that wear weave,jewellery and relax their hair,and by the way,when does christians start using the word "practicing" what is there to practice in that religion?

Note,the word practicing is only for Muslims,the world knows it.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Nobody: 10:56pm On May 12, 2013
How do yo describe the Igbo people that will see, say, "ROAD and will pronounce, "LOAD". And if you ask them to pronounce, "LOAD", they will say, "ROAD". One them got me confused. He said his name was OKOLIE but when I looked his book what I saw was OKORIE. Can't a person like this be mistaken for impersonating?
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Obiagu1(m): 10:57pm On May 12, 2013
na2day!:
Any group of people that hides under the veil of ethnicity and religion to chose their leaders instead of competence are doomed!
Religion or tribe is inconsequential so far, the development that people wants to see is apparent!
I'd rather make sheik makthoum, the sheik of Dubai the president of Nigeria, if he will make Nigeria like Dubai (FYI, many of our brothers, especially from the east are there hustling and they are not complaining about the religion), rather than Good luck Jonathan whose destiny is to make Nigeria , another somalia

My point is this: religion and ethnicity does not matter, in as much as the development we crave is there for all to see !

... but the people are not choosing. The Muslim leader is being selected by previous Muslim leaders.

1 Like

Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Nobody: 11:01pm On May 12, 2013
Obiagu1:

... but the people are not choosing. The Muslim leader is being selected by previous Muslim leaders.

No one is selecting Governor in Lagos State. The Present Governor does have his preferences but it is up to the people who vote to decide. Even in the U.S, incumbents always prefer someone to succed them but it is up to the masses to decide who becomes Governor.

1 Like

Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by ayox2003: 11:02pm On May 12, 2013
I always thank God that I'm a Yoruba man! Honestly. I'm a proud african but a 'boastful-braggadocious' Yoruba!

We dont care about where you're from. If you're fit, come and lead. Very simple.

Frawzey

1 Like

Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Nobody: 11:14pm On May 12, 2013
nacosprof: what an objectification inbalance words 4m u, wat origin are talking abt lagos is no man's land is been build up by federal as capital,..i real don't blame u with ur inconsequential statement,..if u don't knw,conform 4m Edo boy

Laughable... It's not by force to write in English, bro.. grin

Are you sure you're an Edo guy?? grin

Not in the mood for this shiit, bro. undecided

1 Like

Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Nobody: 11:16pm On May 12, 2013
ayox2003: I always thank God that I'm a Yoruba man! Honestly. I'm a proud african but a 'boastful-braggadocious' Yoruba!

We dont care about where you're from. If you're fit, come and lead. Very simple.

Frawzey

I like the bolded.. wink

1 Like

Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Nobody: 11:16pm On May 12, 2013
shymexx:

LOL!!!

1 Like

Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Nobody: 11:20pm On May 12, 2013
Another thought born out of mediocrity. Who cares if a governor is a Muslim or a Christian or an atheist (Seun)? Like it affects the developmental rate or something. What matters is stable power supply, good road, standard health care system, and other social amenities that would transform the country from the pit hole it is right now into a country we can all be proud to call our own. Did I mention religion in all the amenities listed? NOPE! Hence this question/topic is irrelevant!

@Seun. You need to start hiring people to make good and serious post on nairaland. You're earning huge money from the forum, you should learn about giving back to the community that made you who you are!
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by aljharem(m): 11:23pm On May 12, 2013
shymexx:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin definitely not
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Nobody: 11:29pm On May 12, 2013
payless:

LOL!!!

Bro., I'm tired of these of clowns, to be honest... When they're not moaning and whining everywhere - they're probably somewhere else trying to claim people/place that has nothing to do with them - or posting hyperbole about their achievements or lack thereof...

So, the best thing to do is just to laugh at their stupidity... and not respond in a way that will alienate the upstanding ones who're in the majority... Gatts learn the NL way... wink grin
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by kabba7(m): 11:29pm On May 12, 2013
[quote author=shymexx]^^^^Who cares if the governor is Muslim, Hindu, Pagan, or whatnot?

As long as the person is indigenous to the state, Lagosians will support him/her.

You lot need to take your religious bs away from Lagos; most people from there have Muslims, Christians, and Traditionalists in their families.

Those states where each and every governor and local govt, chaIrman are always christians what have they to show other than massive looting please don't sow religious harmony in the SW if you wish bring a cardina to your Igbo state as a governor, what you are doing in the north cant and will never happen in the SW in Jesus name.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Nobody: 11:30pm On May 12, 2013
alj harem: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin definitely not

Bwahahahahahaha

God saved him PhysicsQED didn't see that fvckery!!! grin grin grin
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by aljharem(m): 11:31pm On May 12, 2013
As a proper Lagosian born and raised in my father's land, I can categorically tell you that a typical yoruba man is not a bigot neither is he moved by ethnicity or religion. All you even see on nairaland is because of the Igbo bigots and that is about it. Although I am a yoruba muslim ( as most TRUE LAGOS INDIGNES are muslims), it is not religion that drives us but competency which can even turn to oppression at times.

Good luck with your quest but I can assure you that if SW is destabilized, the whole country would feel it.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Nobody: 11:34pm On May 12, 2013
kabba7: Those states where each and every governor and local govt, chaIrman are always christians what have they to show other than massive looting please don't sow religious harmony in the SW if you wish bring a cardina to your Igbo state as a governor, what you are doing in the north cant and will never happen in the SW in Jesus name.

What are you on about?

And where in my post did I say anything about having any sort of preference whatsoever for a Christian?

Perhaps, you need to learn how to read and comprehend... undecided undecided

GTFOH with ya bs, son! undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Restoration Of Manhood By Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin - Pictures / Man Runs Towards Moroccan King's Car During Motorcade With Pope Francis / That Moment In Church When You Dance Like King David.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.