Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,510 members, 7,816,232 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? (36303 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by epmmiks: 9:41pm On May 12, 2013
Dead on arrival abi na
Dead at arrival

1 Like

Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Eziachi: 9:43pm On May 12, 2013
Ola Johnson:
Can prove this, the man that doesn't know himself (Onyewe?)? I was in an international conference in OAU, Ile-Ife to mark the retirement of Dr Dipo Fashina, majority of the people that spoke said Yoruba people are the most friendly people in Nigeria. If you to even state-owned universities in Yorubaland, you will see lecturers from other tribes. Igbo people are commissioners in Lagos State. SW is the only part of the country that is safe (no kidnapping). Though Yoruba people are killed in the north, they don't carry reprisals against northers in SW
When making example of Yoruba behaviour, never use Lagos as your yardstick. Lagos is a no man's land, the melting point of everybody. Come back to me the day Osun state will have an Igbo man as commissioner.

1 Like

Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Nobody: 9:43pm On May 12, 2013
onyewec3:

Erant rubbish....so the local govt chairman from ejigbo dat was kidnapped nko? Oh ejigbo is a local govt in enugu! I tink u r de-illusioned because most fight in lagos r always btwn hausa n yoruba(OPC n hausa fight in boundary,ajegunle)....during june 12 saga,do u knw how many hausas were killed in my area by yoruba agberos?u can't have a yoruba getting a post in d eat or north because dey are not much dere.apart frm lagos who have considerable amt of igbos where else in SW(ondo,oyo,ogun,ekiti) can u point out any igbo holdin a position dere? N mind you,I have yoruba prof in my school FUTO, including edo lecturers n deltas too.so cut dat rubbish
until you start reasoning beyond that seed of hatred against the Yoruba planted in you by your leaers who are all almost dead, you will continue to live in that phantom manifest destiny of yours. Blame your current leaders for your woes, not Yoruba. GEJ will be attending the burial of Chinua Achebe; watch it, your five governors will endorse him for 2015. After una go say na una wise pass.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by nep2ra(m): 9:45pm On May 12, 2013
Dear Sango!!! angry

1 Like

Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by BarryX(m): 9:46pm On May 12, 2013
Akson man: Dont u all think that FUNSO WILLIAMS was killed cos he was christian?
Like this twist added to the hullabaloo about ''sophisticated people' and the so-called 'backward ''
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by kalunomics(m): 9:46pm On May 12, 2013
onyewec3:

Erant rubbish....so the local govt chairman from ejigbo dat was kidnapped nko? Oh ejigbo is a local govt in enugu! I tink u r de-illusioned because most fight in lagos r always btwn hausa n yoruba(OPC n hausa fight in boundary,ajegunle)....during june 12 saga,do u knw how many hausas were killed in my area by yoruba agberos?u can't have a yoruba getting a post in d eat or north because dey are not much dere.apart frm lagos who have considerable amt of igbos where else in SW(ondo,oyo,ogun,ekiti) can u point out any igbo holdin a position dere? N mind you,I have yoruba prof in my school FUTO, including edo lecturers n deltas too.so cut dat rubbish
don't mind those guys! Lagos we know as the centre of crimes in Nigeria... I'm not holding it against the city cuz that's inherent to all urban cities of any country! New york and LA records the most crime rate in the USA. But my problem is how these cl0wns say its safer than the SE/SS states.
Try to visit any Gloworld outlet in the SE/SS states, you would think you are in one of those primitive ekiti, osun villager with yoruba language all in the air... Every staff is yoruba except the gatemen and cleaners... The top managers of almost all the big establishment is the same, ranging from Nigerian Breweries to salt industries. Every office must contain a yoruba top official and we've lived with it but once they see a successful SS/SE, they all feel like hanging themselves!
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by blasterman(m): 9:47pm On May 12, 2013
This mumu poster why dont u do research b4 u post

Sir Micheal Otedola was a democratically elected gov of lagos abi na 2002 dem born you.

Ever heard of Mobolaji Johnson. Obivosuly ur JJC into Lagos na Barbeach go swallow u

1 Like

Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by bintalabi(f): 9:47pm On May 12, 2013
heeeeeeeeeee won tun deeeeooooo, they don com againoooooooo, these evil ppl wan penetrate us ooooo, wetin concern u sef, just because u never experience good governance in ur state u de eat lux, all the evil u fashion against us will not prosper, ene?my of progres

1 Like

Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by onyewec3: 9:48pm On May 12, 2013
Ola Johnson:
until you start reasoning beyond that seed of hatred against the Yoruba planted in you by your leaers who are all almost dead, you will continue to live in that phantom manifest destiny of yours. Blame your current leaders for your woes, not Yoruba. GEJ will be attending the burial of Chinua Achebe; watch it, your five governors will endorse him for 2015. After una go say na una wise pass.

U can't challenge my claim!!!! Haba u see hw low ur standard is..thought u r ready for an argument,so u see u dnt knw wat u r saying...any small thing,dey will be quick to use lagos as yardstick! Forgetting lagos is multidimensional.if fashola do anything dem go shout ACN,wat is oda state are doing...ekiti was created same yrs wit ebonyi but I can bet u,ekiti can't stand ebonyi in terms of development
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Nobody: 9:49pm On May 12, 2013
Eziachi:
When making example of Yoruba behaviour, never use Lagos as your yardstick. Lagos is a no man's land, the melting point of everybody. Come back to me the day Osun state will have an Igbo man as commissioner.
Here yourself, Lagos is no man's land. Did it fall from heaven? You want an Igbo man to be made commissioner in Osun State? Osun State, where I currently am more than enough people that are educated not like the ESUT four.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by dozymars(m): 9:51pm On May 12, 2013
I will vote for the commissioner only if he can attends to this road at Ago Place way, Okota in the shortest possible time.

This portion of road along Ago Palace way, okota is the direct responsibility of the commissioner of works and infrastructure of Lagos state and it needs urgent attention.

The people here are suffering, businesses have closed because of this road.

The flood here never dries, its been like this for some year now.

No drainage, vehicles breakdown regularly,workers, school buses and school children suffer on this route.

You need to fix this road as the commissioner of works before the responsibility of the whole Lagos state is handed to

you.

Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Afam4evaIsASlut: 9:52pm On May 12, 2013
payless:

Imagine! Jonathan only way to hold on to power is to maim, devide, and conquer. This is the same man I asked my entire family to vote for.

Big mistake, bro, but youre forgiven.

Next time, to predict what a man will do in the future, look to what he has done in the past.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by abujalapdog(m): 9:52pm On May 12, 2013
Its only in Nigeria an African settings that religious sentiments really affects our view over issues of collective interest.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Nobody: 9:57pm On May 12, 2013
onyewec3:

U can't challenge my claim!!!! Haba u see hw low ur standard is..thought u r ready for an argument,so u see u dnt knw wat u r saying...any small thing,dey will be quick to use lagos as yardstick! Forgetting lagos is multidimensional.if fashola do anything dem go shout ACN,wat is oda state are doing...ekiti was created same yrs wit ebonyi but I can bet u,ekiti can't stand ebonyi in terms of development
You confuse yourself, you just said I can't challenge your claim, and at the same time said I don't know what I'm saying. You're using Ebonyi State that Jigawa is far better to compare Ekiti State that has the highest number of professors. Ebonyi State is better than Ekiti State yet they have not been able to eradicate guinea worm. Guy, sleep don da catch u, go sleep.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by onyewec3: 9:58pm On May 12, 2013
Ola Johnson:
Here yourself, Lagos is no man's land. Did it fall from heaven? You want an Igbo man to be made commissioner in Osun State? Osun State, where I currently am more than enough people that are educated not like the ESUT four.

U c hw stewpid u are.u av derailed from d context to start saying ur thrash.nobody is sayin an igbo shuld b a commisioner or wateva in yoruba land OK.wat we r tellin u is dat,dnt always b too fast to use lagos as a yardstick.sayin lagos is a No man's land simply means dat oda tribe apart frm d yorubas too have a greater proportion to influence wat happens dere too.don't forget fashola might loose election if all d non lagosians didn't vote for him @ all.so get is str8,lagos is diff frm any oda state in naija n shuldnt b use as yardstick anytym issues pops out.always make reference to oyo,ondo,ekiti n osun den u'll av d gud basis for ur argument
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Nobody: 9:59pm On May 12, 2013
shymexx:

Who are these "people of Lagos?" undecided

Perhaps, if you've done a thorough research about the people from Lagos and not continue to dwell in your own stupidity - you would have noticed that most of the people from Lagos are Muslims. A lot of them converted to Christianity, but most still have tons of Muslims in their families.

Why can't you take your searchlight to your state of origin and leave Lagos alone? undecided
what an objectification inbalance words 4m u, wat origin are talking abt lagos is no man's land is been build up by federal as capital,..i real don't blame u with ur inconsequential statement,..if u don't knw,conform 4m Edo boy
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by BarryX(m): 10:01pm On May 12, 2013
All these posts about some set of people from a particular ethnic group being sophisticated and whatnot. Do they really say this on a real-life situation? I was raised in Lagos, and i can't remember anybody telling me they're more this & that than me Note: Omo full-blooded ND ni mi, Anybody that dares would explain to me how sophisticated he/she is and my replies alone will 'package' him where he belongs. NLers fantasy 'sophistications' led to this counter-post. PEACE to all One Love!!!

2 Likes

Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Nobody: 10:01pm On May 12, 2013
Afam4evaIsASlut:

Big mistake, bro, but youre forgiven.

Next time, to predict what a man will do in the future, look to what he has done in the past.

Then, I felt someone from SS deserved to be President too. We also considered the way Yar'adua cabals treated him after Yar'adua got sick and after his demise.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by onyewec3: 10:03pm On May 12, 2013
Ola Johnson:
You confuse yourself, you just said I can't challenge your claim, and at the same time said I don't know what I'm saying. You're using Ebonyi State that Jigawa is far better to compare Ekiti State that has the highest number of professors. Ebonyi State is better than Ekiti State yet they have not been able to eradicate guinea worm. Guy, sleep don da catch u, go sleep.

N have u forgotten dat ekiti doesn't have upto 30 toilets all over the state?infact mud houses is prominent in d capital city of Ado,I served there n I knw wat am saying. Even jigawa is far beta dan ekiti
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 12, 2013
kalunomics: don't mind those guys! Lagos we know as the centre of crimes in Nigeria... I'm not holding it against the city cuz that's inherent to all urban cities of any country! New york and LA records the most crime rate in the USA. But my problem is how these cl0wns say its safer than the SE/SS states.
Try to visit any Gloworld outlet in the SE/SS states, you would think you are in one of those primitive ekiti, osun villager with yoruba language all in the air... Every staff is yoruba except the gatemen and cleaners... The top managers of almost all the big establishment is the same, ranging from Nigerian Breweries to salt industries. Every office must contain a yoruba top official and we've lived with it but once they see a successful SS/SE, they all feel like hanging themselves!
Yoruba hold top posts because they are educated, not just graduates. The gatemen you said are not Yoruba could also be graduate Igbo like the ESUT four. Certificates are bought in some SE universities. If you doubt me visit any NYSC orientation camp when corps member are around.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by kalunomics(m): 10:09pm On May 12, 2013
Ola Johnson:
GEJ has performed in 2years, more than OBJ did in 4years yet he rigged his way through second term and even dared 3rd term while u all were arms folded and always gave him your mandate but because GEJ is not Yoruba or one of your slave-masters, you revere and reprimand even good policies of him that is supposed to move the nation forward.
Tell me if the corruption in GEJ government is higher than that of your autocratic kinsman who started his administation with Ikeja bomb blast that killed thousands, kidnapped and killed opponents and human right activists... Crash planes killing every soul on board because he wants to eliminate a single opponent on board. Selected and rigged elections up to LG levels and planted mediocres in public offices all round the country.
Tell me, what was the prize of fuel when OBJ took on the mantle to pilot the affairs of the country and how much was it when he left? Oshomole was molested and beaten severally! Its only on GEJ's administration that you all see bad. Hypocritic tribal fanatics!!
They only place GEJ's admin has failed is in terms of security which your slave-masters are master-minding to further disparage GEj! Shamefully, you people still back them! Amidst all these tribulations, he is still performing more than any president this country has ever had. Go and check his score card for 2years and compare it with OBJ's 8years and then come back here to confess how you have been deluded all these while.

3 Likes

Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Nobody: 10:14pm On May 12, 2013
shymexx:

Who are these "people of Lagos?" undecided

Perhaps, if you've done a thorough research about the people from Lagos and not continue to dwell in your own stupidity - you would have noticed that most of the people from Lagos are Muslims. A lot of them converted to Christianity, but most still have tons of Muslims in their families.

Why can't you take your searchlight to your state of origin and leave Lagos alone? undecided
what an objectification inbalance words 4m u, wat origin are talking abt lagos is no man's land is been build up by federal as capital,..i real don't blame u with ur inconsequential statement,..if u don't knw,conform 4m Edo boy
kalunomics: i am yet to see the poster or any other person in support of the motion here to raise his hand indicating he/she is Igbo yet u name them Igbo cuz of your tribal bitterness towards Igbos. Yet u stil say yorubas are not tribal in the same post! Hypocrites! Nobody is even looking at the fact that the article mentioned tinubu/fashola backing and selecting their own candidate for the post. How does that represent good democracy?
please check ur skull-brain is like ants is eaten it
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Nobody: 10:14pm On May 12, 2013
kalunomics: GEJ has performed in 2years, more than OBJ did in 4years yet he rigged his way through second term and even dared 3rd term while u all were arms folded and always gave him your mandate but because GEJ is not Yoruba or one of your slave-masters, you revere and reprimand even good policies of him that is supposed to move the nation forward.
Tell me if the corruption in GEJ government is higher than that of your autocratic kinsman who started his administation with Ikeja bomb blast that killed thousands, kidnapped and killed opponents and human right activists... Crash planes killing every soul on board because he wants to eliminate a single opponent on board. Selected and rigged elections up to LG levels and planted mediocres in public offices all round the country.
Tell me, what was the prize of fuel when OBJ took on the mantle to pilot the affairs of the country and how much was it when he left? Oshomole was molested and beaten severally! Its only on GEJ's administration that you all see bad. Hypocritic tribal fanatics!!
They only place GEJ's admin has failed is in terms of security which your slave-masters are master-minding to further disparage GEj! Shamefully, you people still back them! Amidst all these tribulations, he is still performing more than any president this country has ever had. Go and check his score card for 2years and compare it with OBJ's 8years and then come back here to confess how you have been deluded all these while.

Obasanjo did not even win a single state in SW. It shows Yorubas are not blinded by ethnic bigotry that has clouded our fellow citizens from SS/SE. Yorubas judge you on your achievement; and not ethnicity or religion. An average Yoruba man knows Obasanjo 8 year rule was a failure.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by solopumpy227: 10:17pm On May 12, 2013
BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO!

The majority of comments here have shown there is hope for a great Nigeria where leaders will not be chosen by what they look like, where they come from or what they worship.

IN SIMPLE ENGLISH WE NEED LEADERS THAT WILL BE FAIR TO ALL INCLUDING ATHEISTS AND PAGANS
LEADERS THAT WILL GIVE US POWER SUPPLY ALL DAY, ALL THROUGH THE YEAR
LEADERS THAT WILL DRASTICALLY REDUCE CORRUPTION IN THE SYSTEM AND OTHER SOCIAL VICES
WE NEED LEADERS THAT WILL PROTECT OUR LIVES AND PROPERTIES

WE DONT CARE WHERE OUR LEADERS WORSHIP AS LONG AS THEY DELIVER THE GOODS
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Nobody: 10:17pm On May 12, 2013
onyewec3:

U c hw stewpid u are.u av derailed from d context to start saying ur thrash.nobody is sayin an igbo shuld b a commisioner or wateva in yoruba land OK.wat we r tellin u is dat,dnt always b too fast to use lagos as a yardstick.sayin lagos is a No man's land simply means dat oda tribe apart frm d yorubas too have a greater proportion to influence wat happens dere too.don't forget fashola might loose election if all d non lagosians didn't vote for him @ all.so get is str8,lagos is diff frm any oda state in naija n shuldnt b use as yardstick anytym issues pops out.always make reference to oyo,ondo,ekiti n osun den u'll av d gud basis for ur argument
I read History, I can tell you that Lagos is a Yorubaland and the first palace of the Oba of Lagos was in his pepper farm. Does the name, Oba Kosoko, sound Igbo.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Kolababa: 10:18pm On May 12, 2013
This is how to identify religious hypocrites. They put religion on everything and if you check their secret, it is full of dirt

1 Like

Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Nobody: 10:22pm On May 12, 2013
onyewec3:

Shut d fukc up my friend,wasn't the 2009 election between OBJ n olu falae( both yoruba)? If OBJ jost in SW was it Chinedu or hamza that won there?

Olodo! 2009 was just 4 years ago and Yar'adua was in power. In 1999 when olu Falae contested against Obasanjo, the Yorubas voted for Olu Falae because of his records. What about 2003 election? The Yorubas did not vote for Obasanjo either, because his first term was a failure. You don't even have the facts, but you just spewed out a whole bunch of nonsense. Yorubas are not blinded by ethnicity or religion just as you and your blind brothers and sisters.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Stlatyv(m): 10:25pm On May 12, 2013
krendo: I think the people of Lagos will ask why only Muslims seems to emerge Governors in Lagos?

2015 will be a year of change

There are Christains qualified to run the affairs of Lagos too!
u dont sit bk in d corna of ya aous nd kip teln us dat. If they ar sure they worth it,they shuld come nd prove it or they shuld jst sit bk at ohm nd kip sendn u guys to come nd b disturbin us wit bkwardnes views nd comment. Seriously goin to skul only cant make a literate bt 'ur view nd comment' is d major factor of determinin an illiterate from literate.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Nobody: 10:26pm On May 12, 2013
onyewec3:

N have u forgotten dat ekiti doesn't have upto 30 toilets all over the state?infact mud houses is prominent in d capital city of Ado,I served there n I knw wat am saying. Even jigawa is far beta dan ekiti
Do you think you're talking to a child, that there are only thirty toilets in a whole state?
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Willgates(m): 10:28pm On May 12, 2013
Eko Atlantic:

How is it your headache? are the real Lagosians complaining?! Funny how you these immigrants leave your various villages for better life in SW and still pokenose on matters bigger than you. You people better be worried about the problems in you guys thick villages.

If that's the case, when is an abdul... Or an alhaji going to govern any eatsern state?

who are d real Lagosians? Tought Lagos z a no man's land!
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Stlatyv(m): 10:28pm On May 12, 2013
krendo:

you can abuse me all you like but in 2015 the people of Lagos will question why only a certain religion produce the Governors in Lagos. It is a legitimate political question to ask. There is no need being abusive about it.

If Tinubu and Fashola are so open minded and Lagos is so United then they should have a process that allows all no matter there religion to have a chance. It is called equal opportunity.

Fashola was Attorney General to Tinubu, now Hamzat is Works commissioner to Fashola. There is nothing similar about these people in terms of career path. The reason for this pattern is nothing but their religion.

These are the fact!

If Religion does not matter then lets see Fashola and Tinubu back someone from the other side.

There is no need being nepotic and then turn around to accuse others of nepotism when they call you out on it.

Lagos will vote in 2015!
can u kindly name sumone 4rm d odaside dat is gud 4 job? I jst nid a name if u know any?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Restoration Of Manhood By Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin - Pictures / Man Runs Towards Moroccan King's Car During Motorcade With Pope Francis / That Moment In Church When You Dance Like King David.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.