Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,551 members, 7,816,339 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? (36307 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by MicroBox: 7:42pm On May 12, 2013
i just dont know why chritians like trouble too much. If muslim strike now, dem go say terorist mtswwwww

1 Like

Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by RealMccoy2(m): 7:46pm On May 12, 2013
payless:

Funsho William and Bola Ige killings? Of course!
I hope the easy way out is not carrying out a lazy man's investigation by saying, "it may be igbos" ? In all tbough I still think Yorubas are very tolerant when it comes to religious affiliation from my own experience. I have not heard a yoruba man telling his daughter/son not to marry some one from a differ religious background but that of tribe should be left for a different day.....
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by samuel900(m): 7:46pm On May 12, 2013
shymexx: ^^^^Your opinions are irrelevant. Call it nepotism or whatever term that suits your deflated ego, that's how the country is structured and that's how every sovereign country created by indigenous people is. Indigenous people must be respected at all times!

However, you need to stop the fixation on Lagos and take your bs to your state of origin. Yoruba Muslims and Christians don't care about religion, or no backward mental-slavery inducing foreign ideologies. Muslims, or Christian - they don't care, as long as it's the right candidate who will effect the required change.

Take that religious bs to Nigeria - Lagos is Lagos, a different entity from Nigeria a la Ni.gger-area. grin
Diz guy has enjoyed enuf. Lets have sum1 without shoe
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by diamondcrownltd(f): 7:47pm On May 12, 2013
krendo: http://www.osundefender.org/?p=100480

Fashola Backs Hamzat To Succeed Him As Opposition Mounts
Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Raji Fashola, SAN, is following the footsteps of his predecessor, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by endorsing a member of his (Fashola’s) cabinet to succeed him.

Thegazellenews.com learnt exclusively that Fashola has put his weight behind the current Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure in the state, Dr Kadiri Obafemi Hamzat, to succeed him as the next governor of the state.

Just like Tinubu, Fashola was reported to have informed members of his kitchen cabinet of his decision.

His choice was reportedly borne out of the desire to have someone who understands the workings of the state to succeed him.

Hamzat was state Commissioner for Science and Technology for six years under Tinubu while he has been commissioner in the state since the advent of the Fashola administration.

He was in charge of Ministry of Science and Technology in Fashola’s first term and currently in charge of Works and Infrastructure ministry.

He is the third son of His Royal Majesty, Oba Mufutau Olatunji Hamzat, Olu of Afowowa but also the Lagos West Senatorial Disrict leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN).

Some members of Fashola’s cabinet have started working for the Hamzat. One of them, according to report is the state Commissioner for Rural Development, Pastor Cornelius Ojelabi.. Ojelabi, a former member of the House of Representatives was also one time chairman of Ojo Local Government and Otto-Awori Local Council Development Area (LCDA).

However, there are difficulties in the way for Fashola’s annointed candidate. In the first instance, the national leader of the ACN, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu has reportedly insisted that all governorship aspirants on the platform of the party will be given level playing ground to prove themselves in an openly conducted primary.

And in this instance, Hamzat is not seen as being a match for politicians like Senate Minority Whip, Senator Ganiyu Olanrewaju Solomon; former state Commissioner for Environment, Dr Muiz Banire and probably Senator Gbenga Ashafa who are experienced in grassroots politicking and are adept at mobilising people.

Solomon in particular is well noted for his grassroots connection and his popularity cuts across all sections of the society spread across the nook and cranny of the state.

Hamzat may also not be helped by alleged zoning of the party’s governorship ticket to the Lagos East senatorial district as his political base is in Mushin in the Lagos West.

Politicians are also quick to point to the fact that the Hamzat family has been enjoying juicy political patronage since the advent of the present democracy in the state. The patriach of the family has been a one time national vice chairman of then Alliance for Democracy (AD).

Now he is the Lagos West leader. Obafemi himself has been a commissioner in the state for the past 13 years and by the end of the Fashola administration he would have spent 15 years as a commissioner in the state.

Added to this is the fact that his elder brother and the older Hamzat’s eldest child and first son, Ganiyu, has been in the House of Representatives since 2003 representing Mushin Federal Constituency 2 and not to be forgotten was the older Hamzat’s second son, Bosun, who died three years ago, was a senior special assistant to both Tinubu and Fashola.

Finally, the question is can Fashola commits the kind of resources and energy to Hamzat governorship project as Tinubu did for him in the 2007 election? Your guess is as good as mine.

Sources within the party have told thegazellenews that majority of party members may not be favourably disposed towards Fashola’s choice not because Hamzat is not capable and suitable but because they are desirous of a change in the method of choosing the party’s candidates particularly the governorship ticket.

“We are determine to ensrue a level playing ground for all aspirants and we want them to show their popularity with members of the party and thank God our leader, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, has acknowledged this fact,” a prominent member of the party told our correspondent.

For now the die is cast as Lagosians await mother of all governorship battle in the ruling party in the state.

the moslems of Lagos state origin must continue to dominate in all aspects Insha Allah

check out the list

Fashola---Moslem

Tinubu----Moslem

Sabit Ikufuruji(speaker of hse of reps) is a moslem

90 % of the commissioners are moslems

80% of the LGA chairmen are Moslems

90% of the Obas and traditional chiefs are Moslems

90% of the agberos and area boys are Moslems.

Insha Allah the next Governor after BRF is going to be a moslem because over 80% of the indigenes of Lagos state are moslems.

Praise be to Allah

1 Like

Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by topazjosh(m): 7:47pm On May 12, 2013
confusion247:
a Nigerian. Remember this is one Nigeria as prescribed by Gowon and Awowlowo, so any Nigerian is qualified to rule anywhere anytime in Nigeria as far as he/she wins the election. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
hey bro I think your correction sound cool,we all know how lagos state govt appoint ibo man as a poloitical office holder,one ibo man currently serve as board of members in AAUA that's ondo state owned university,same in other SS states and SS states,I heard few yorubas too are political office holder in northern part and some SS state but in SE mba I never hear am before,even closest SS aren't appointed in any SE state,now we want a yoruba man or hausa man to rule enugu or anambra in next gov election,and see how other regions will start doing same.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by tintingz(m): 7:50pm On May 12, 2013
My popa family are muslims...my moma family are christians

We yorubas dont play religion with politics!
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by rien05(f): 7:50pm On May 12, 2013
Does it matter? As long as who so ever is governor performs well
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by PeterKbaba: 7:56pm On May 12, 2013
diamondcrownltd:

the moslems of Lagos state origin must continue to dominate in all aspects Insha Allah

check out the list

Fashola---Moslem

Tinubu----Moslem

Insha Allah the next Governor after BRF is going to be a moslem because over 80% of the indigenes of Lagos state are moslems.

Praise be to Allah

ONLY A FOOL WILL FALL FOR YOUR MIND GAME!!!! LET ALL OF THEM BE MUSLIMS, WE CHRISTIANS IN SOUTH WEST NIGERIA DONT CARE.... YORUBA COMES FIRST, NIGERIA SECOND, ODUDUWA CITIZENS OUTSIDE NIGERIA THIRD, RELIGION INDIFFERENT!!!!!!!!!!! I HOPE WE HAVE MADE OURSELVES CLEAR.... IM A CHRISTIAN BY THE WAY AND I LOVE FASHOLA WITH EVERY BIT OF MY HEART....

3 Likes

Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by RealMccoy2(m): 7:58pm On May 12, 2013
diamondcrownltd:

check out the list

Fashola---Moslem

Tinubu----Moslem

Praise be to Allah
Please don't make the OP sound intelligent. I would recommend you stop praying side by side with a Fulani muslim, they can easily make you a radical. We have good muslims in southern Nigeria and your boastful ranting is not helping this dumb topic
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Fadenitan(m): 8:01pm On May 12, 2013
I can see a break down and division in lagos and ACN come 2015,d political interest of fashola& tinubu and religion factors will determine d next governor of d state,take it or leave it.we shall know d strength of ACN in lagos in 2015 when division and different interest from party member surface.2015 will determine d power broker of lagos btw fashola and tinubu.Time will tell.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by teniyi(m): 8:01pm On May 12, 2013
It is clear that the poser is from a Christian. The people you referred to as Muslims are half-muslim as they have christians as wives.

Also, you must not complain if a muslim Governor emerge in Ondo and Ekiti States.

That's all!
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by PeterKbaba: 8:02pm On May 12, 2013
ALL YOURUBA CITIZENS WORLDWIDE! BOTH MUSLIM, CHRISTIANS, BABALAWO'S, IFA WORSHIPPERS HAS ONLY ONE GOD IN THEIR BRAIN, THOUGHTS, MIND, SOUL, BODY AND ALL AND OUR GOD'S NAME IS OLODUMARE, ASHEDA, OLORUN OBA, ELEDUMARE

2 Likes

Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by MacLovington(m): 8:02pm On May 12, 2013
As long as he/she can deliver, religion is not relevant.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Dodola: 8:03pm On May 12, 2013
Islam has become key to political offices or appointments in Lagos. This has become very prevalent under the political dispensation from 1999 to date. In as much as Lagosians are religion blind when it comes to politics suffice it to say that our politicians have somehow used it as a way to gain favours here and there. For instance Tunde Fashola had to slot in the name "Raji" to his full name and its known he was not a practising Muslim prior to his office attainment. Even now some new Commissioners in office today suddenly grew Muslim names to their names as they were appointed. It might not be in place, but what is clearly seen remains that Muslims in Lagos State use the imams connections through various mosques and Islamic quarters to lobby for their wards to get political appointments and employment under the Lagos public service and Government. If u transverse the whole of Lagos State civil service a survey will show overwhelming percentage of Muslims here n there. It has also cascaded thru the Local Governments both in Chairmanship, councillors or employees within. They use also the pilgrimage to Mecca in all manners of ways. If you take a trip to Alausa during Sallah, rams, rice and vegetable oil are bought and given out in droves. I can say for a fact that Muslims are not more than Christians in Lagos but it should be noted that when it comes affairs of the State at Governmental level, they have formed a network and cartel. This also has led to certain indices and attitude that has plastered the system in manners that leaves a lot to be desired. To be a Christian in Lagos guarantees you very little in terms of Political favours or appointments.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by PeterKbaba: 8:05pm On May 12, 2013
ASK ANY YORUBA WORLDWIDE WHAT IS THE NAME OF GOD AND YOU WILL HEAR THEM SAY THE SAME OLUWA, ELEDUMARE, OLORUN, OLODUMARE...... ALLAH OR GOD IS A FOREIGN WORD AND IT MEANS LITTLE OR NOTHING TO US......

1 Like

Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by musiwa27: 8:06pm On May 12, 2013
There will be no Dr Kadiri Obafemi Hamzat as governor of lagos. His ministry is suppose to fix the school in 16 years.. but failed to.. 90% of schools in lagos look so bad. He can not be governor of lagos. Do muslim go to this school. the answer is Yes, that anyone one to use religion to do wrong is not right.

I weep when i went to lagos and see some of the schools with my own eyes and see those little children been made to sit on the floor. It is that image still in my brain, that makes me keep on fighting for this poor children..on the issue of the satellite pictures.. I cant remove that imagine of my brain.

our last option to get justice, may God forbit stage gorrila warfare against the nation of Nigeria. We would not care what other countries say. dont laugh.... i may sound funny.

Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by AbdH: 8:08pm On May 12, 2013
diamondcrownltd:

check out the list

Fashola---Moslem

Tinubu----Moslem

Praise be to Allah
Don't be decieved by this post. The poster is not a Muslim neither is she from the SW. Beware!

1 Like

Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by ekoilee: 8:08pm On May 12, 2013
Dodola: Islam has become key to political offices or appointments in Lagos. This has become very prevalent under the political dispensation from 1999 to date. In as much as Lagosians are religion blind when it comes to politics suffice it to say that our politicians have somehow used it as a way to gain favours here and there. For instance Tunde Fashola had to slot in the name "Raji" to his full name and its known he was not a practising Muslim prior to his office attainment. Even now some new Commissioners in office today suddenly grew Muslim names to their names as they were appointed. It might not be in place, but what is clearly seen remains that Muslims in Lagos State use the imams connections through various mosques and Islamic quarters to lobby for their wards to get political appointments and employment under the Lagos public service and Government. If u transverse the whole of Lagos State civil service a survey will show overwhelming percentage of Muslims here n there. It has also cascaded thru the Local Governments both in Chairmanship, councillors or employees within. They use also the pilgrimage to Mecca in all manners of ways. If you take a trip to Alausa during Sallah, rams, rice and vegetable oil are bought and given out in droves. I can say for a fact that Muslims are not more than Christians in Lagos but it should be noted that when it comes affairs of the State at Governmental level, they have formed a network and cartel. This also has led to certain indices and attitude that has plastered the system in manners that leaves a lot to be desired. To be a Christian in Lagos guarantees you very little in terms of Political favours or appointments.

Yoruba regarded religion as an aspect of culture that required no controversy, competition, or crusades of evangelisation.

Every man is a part of the society and every man has a role to play in achieving the societal goals.

In Yorubaland today, there exist the natural admixture of religious faiths within individual families, which, nevertheless, live happily together, and, this level of tolerance is the direct effect of tolerance inherited from the traditional religion whose accommodation and toleration paved way for Islam and Christianity.

http://www.africastyles.com/culture/religious_tolerance.html

Education is what many of you really need...
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by sweetgala(m): 8:11pm On May 12, 2013
Never mattered in Lagos, Lagos is like new York and London when electing, sentiment free and progressive. Someone who has the will and clout to do what is required
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by PeterKbaba: 8:12pm On May 12, 2013
Dodola: Islam has become key to political offices or appointments in Lagos. This has become very prevalent under the political dispensation from 1999 to date. In as much as Lagosians are religion blind when it comes to politics suffice it to say that our politicians have somehow used it as a way to gain favours here and there. For instance Tunde Fashola had to slot in the name "Raji" to his full name and its known he was not a practising Muslim prior to his office attainment. Even now some new Commissioners in office today suddenly grew Muslim names to their names as they were appointed. It might not be in place, but what is clearly seen remains that Muslims in Lagos State use the imams connections through various mosques and Islamic quarters to lobby for their wards to get political appointments and employment under the Lagos public service and Government. If u transverse the whole of Lagos State civil service a survey will show overwhelming percentage of Muslims here n there. It has also cascaded thru the Local Governments both in Chairmanship, councillors or employees within. They use also the pilgrimage to Mecca in all manners of ways. If you take a trip to Alausa during Sallah, rams, rice and vegetable oil are bought and given out in droves. I can say for a fact that Muslims are not more than Christians in Lagos but it should be noted that when it comes affairs of the State at Governmental level, they have formed a network and cartel. This also has led to certain indices and attitude that has plastered the system in manners that leaves a lot to be desired. To be a Christian in Lagos guarantees you very little in terms of Political favours or appointments.

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP LEAVE SOUTH WEST NIGERIA ALONE, YOU KILLERS................
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by kalunomics(m): 8:16pm On May 12, 2013
Eko Atlantic:

How is it your headache? are the real Lagosians complaining?! Funny how you these immigrants leave your various villages for better life in SW and still pokenose on matters bigger than you. You people better be worried about the problems in you guys thick villages.

If that's the case, when is an abdul... Or an alhaji going to govern any eatsern state?
this guy can never live a moment without exhibiting his hatred towards Igbos! Why dragging your issues in lagos to Igbo land?
Btw i'm yet to see any SW states except lagos that is better than SE states... Yet even people from hell holes in ekiti, osun et al come on nairaland to make noise about Lagos that was built by the federal government! If the SW governors have all been progressives, why are other SW states so primitive and are planets apart from lagos in terms of development and infrastructure?
Keep deluding yourselves! Just like an aboki from maidugiuri boasting of abuja that he can not afford a one room apartment in its sub-urban. Yet, it is filled up with people from other parts of the country.
Word of advice: look beyond your ethnic bigotry and strife to make money and live in the most beautiful places in lagos with other successful Igbos cuz i came to realise that the bitterness of most Yorubas towards Igbos, is the fact that they are not able to afford the lives that Igbos are enjoying in their region.
I bet you were raised in an apartment in gbagada or ajegunle... Try hard to relocate to Ikoyi et al!

1 Like

Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by kalunomics(m): 8:16pm On May 12, 2013
Eko Atlantic:

How is it your headache? are the real Lagosians complaining?! Funny how you these immigrants leave your various villages for better life in SW and still pokenose on matters bigger than you. You people better be worried about the problems in you guys thick villages.

If that's the case, when is an abdul... Or an alhaji going to govern any eatsern state?
this guy can never live a moment without exhibiting his hatred towards Igbos! Why dragging your issues in lagos to Igbo land?
Btw i'm yet to see any SW states except lagos that is better than SE states... Yet even people from hell holes in ekiti, osun et al come on nairaland to make noise about Lagos that was built by the federal government! If the SW governors have all been progressives, why are other SW states so primitive and are planets apart from lagos in terms of development and infrastructure?
Keep deluding yourselves! Just like an aboki from maidugiuri boasting of abuja that he can not afford a one room apartment in its sub-urban. Yet, it is filled up with people from other parts of the country.
Word of advice: look beyond your ethnic bigotry and strife to make money and live in the most beautiful places in lagos with other successful Igbos cuz i came to realise that the bitterness of most Yorubas towards Igbos, is the fact that they are not able to afford the lives that Igbos are enjoying in their region.
I bet you were raised in an apartment in gbagada or ajegunle... Try hard to relocate to Ikoyi et al!
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Policewoman(f): 8:16pm On May 12, 2013
YORUBAS ARE THE MOST TOLERANT WHEN IT COMES TO RELIGION. THEY DON'T SEND YOUR RELIGION AS A GOVERNOR AS LONG AS YOU PERFORM.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by naptu2: 8:17pm On May 12, 2013
If you want to know what's really going on in this thread, please, I beg you, click the link below and see how one of the posters here was caught out. Have a good laugh, then come back to this thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/925208/ethnicity-religion-future-lagos-state
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by tintingz(m): 8:17pm On May 12, 2013
AbdH:
Don't be decieved by this post. The poster is not a Muslim neither is she from the SW. Beware!
ofcourse she is not a muslim.... Muslims dont spell ''muslim'' - ''moslem''

3 Likes

Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Adamuenero(m): 8:22pm On May 12, 2013
When will we as a people stop giving importance to religion in this country,what is our business with who wants to succeed fashola,in as as much as he is comin to do his job,to hell with any religious cult he belongs to
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Lease(m): 8:23pm On May 12, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]
KnowAll: When is Lagos State going to give that Igbo boy a chance. Akabusi has served both Tinubu and Fashola for 16 years now. Probably making him a deputy Governor would move votes en-mass towards ACN or APC. That is a food for thought! undecided

It is very wrong and myopic to imply that someone has deliberately denied other tribes from being a governor in Lagos. If Akabueze thinks that he is qualified then he is free to contest. However you should tell us his performance records as a bank managing director that shows he will be able to successfully manage a state like lagos. It is people thinking like you that prevent this country from moving forward. We need performers not leaders elected based on religion, ethnicity and the likes.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by mmmustapha(m): 8:25pm On May 12, 2013
krendo: http://www.osundefender.org/?p=100480

Fashola Backs Hamzat To Succeed Him As Opposition Mounts
Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Raji Fashola, SAN, is following the footsteps of his predecessor, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by endorsing a member of his (Fashola’s) cabinet to succeed him.

Thegazellenews.com learnt exclusively that Fashola has put his weight behind the current Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure in the state, Dr Kadiri Obafemi Hamzat, to succeed him as the next governor of the state.

Just like Tinubu, Fashola was reported to have informed members of his kitchen cabinet of his decision.

His choice was reportedly borne out of the desire to have someone who understands the workings of the state to succeed him.

Hamzat was state Commissioner for Science and Technology for six years under Tinubu while he has been commissioner in the state since the advent of the Fashola administration.

He was in charge of Ministry of Science and Technology in Fashola’s first term and currently in charge of Works and Infrastructure ministry.

He is the third son of His Royal Majesty, Oba Mufutau Olatunji Hamzat, Olu of Afowowa but also the Lagos West Senatorial Disrict leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN).

Some members of Fashola’s cabinet have started working for the Hamzat. One of them, according to report is the state Commissioner for Rural Development, Pastor Cornelius Ojelabi.. Ojelabi, a former member of the House of Representatives was also one time chairman of Ojo Local Government and Otto-Awori Local Council Development Area (LCDA).

However, there are difficulties in the way for Fashola’s annointed candidate. In the first instance, the national leader of the ACN, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu has reportedly insisted that all governorship aspirants on the platform of the party will be given level playing ground to prove themselves in an openly conducted primary.

And in this instance, Hamzat is not seen as being a match for politicians like Senate Minority Whip, Senator Ganiyu Olanrewaju Solomon; former state Commissioner for Environment, Dr Muiz Banire and probably Senator Gbenga Ashafa who are experienced in grassroots politicking and are adept at mobilising people.

Solomon in particular is well noted for his grassroots connection and his popularity cuts across all sections of the society spread across the nook and cranny of the state.

Hamzat may also not be helped by alleged zoning of the party’s governorship ticket to the Lagos East senatorial district as his political base is in Mushin in the Lagos West.

Politicians are also quick to point to the fact that the Hamzat family has been enjoying juicy political patronage since the advent of the present democracy in the state. The patriach of the family has been a one time national vice chairman of then Alliance for Democracy (AD).

Now he is the Lagos West leader. Obafemi himself has been a commissioner in the state for the past 13 years and by the end of the Fashola administration he would have spent 15 years as a commissioner in the state.

Added to this is the fact that his elder brother and the older Hamzat’s eldest child and first son, Ganiyu, has been in the House of Representatives since 2003 representing Mushin Federal Constituency 2 and not to be forgotten was the older Hamzat’s second son, Bosun, who died three years ago, was a senior special assistant to both Tinubu and Fashola.

Finally, the question is can Fashola commits the kind of resources and energy to Hamzat governorship project as Tinubu did for him in the 2007 election? Your guess is as good as mine.

Sources within the party have told thegazellenews that majority of party members may not be favourably disposed towards Fashola’s choice not because Hamzat is not capable and suitable but because they are desirous of a change in the method of choosing the party’s candidates particularly the governorship ticket.

“We are determine to ensrue a level playing ground for all aspirants and we want them to show their popularity with members of the party and thank God our leader, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, has acknowledged this fact,” a prominent member of the party told our correspondent.

For now the die is cast as Lagosians await mother of all governorship battle in the ruling party in the state.

must u put religious into dis matter
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by dolphinife: 8:26pm On May 12, 2013
Yoruba controlled states since 1999
Lagos- ahmed tinub(muslim) and raji fashola(muslim)
Ogun- olusegun osoba(xtian), gbenga daniel(xtian) and ibikunle amosun(muslim)
Oyo- lam adeshina(muslim), lamidi adedoja(muslim), alao akala(xtian), ajumobi(muslim)
Osun- bisi akande(xtian), olagusoye oyinlola(xtian), rauf aregbesola(muslim)
Ondo- adefarati(xtian), olusegun agagu(xtian), mimiko(xtian)
Ekiti- olusegun adeniyi(xtian), fayose(xtian), chief olurin frm ogun state during state of mergency in ekiti state(xtian), segun oni(xtian), fayemi(xtian)
In my own conclusion, I guess the yoruba people has produced more christian governors than muslim governors.
Dnt rely on lagos state alone

3 Likes

Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Herdeoye(m): 8:27pm On May 12, 2013
Looks like some dumb people are posing as yorubas in here just to start an argument.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Restoration Of Manhood By Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin - Pictures / Man Runs Towards Moroccan King's Car During Motorcade With Pope Francis / That Moment In Church When You Dance Like King David.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.