Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,527 members, 7,816,288 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? (36304 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by PeterKbaba: 8:30pm On May 12, 2013
naptu2: If you want to know what's really going on in this thread, please, I beg you, click the link below and see how one of the posters here was caught out. Have a good laugh, then come back to this thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/925208/ethnicity-religion-future-lagos-state

MEHN YOU ARE PRETTY GOOD AND SMART, YOU CAUGHT HIM RED HANDED..........
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by naptu2: 8:30pm On May 12, 2013
Herdeoye: Looks like some dumb people are posing as yorubas in here just to start an argument.

Exactly! Check the link I posted.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Nobody: 8:33pm On May 12, 2013
Nigerians will sectionalize everything angry

I'm sick of you ppl......much love tho wink
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by philusaau(f): 8:39pm On May 12, 2013
PLEASE ASK MY OGA AT THE TOP
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by naptu2: 8:41pm On May 12, 2013
PeterKbaba:

MEHN YOU ARE PRETTY GOOD AND SMART, YOU CAUGHT HIM RED HANDED..........

Thank you.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Nobody: 8:44pm On May 12, 2013
When it comes to leadership in Yorubaland I don't mind whether the leader is a christian or a moslem. The reason for this is because their level of education is very high that religion could not block their sense reasoning. An Igbo wrote an article in which he referred to the Yoruba people as the most religious tolerant people in the world. It is only in a Yoruba family you will see, say, five family members not belonging to the same religion. Even if they do, it will be different denominations. The father could be a moslem, the mother a christian (RCCG), the first child a Catholic, the second child a Celestial Church of Christ and the third child not believing in the existence of God - a free thinker. In this family just like those of Fashola, Olusola Saraki and Governor Abdulfatai, in which the wives are moslems, they wake up as early as 3am during ramadan to prepare food for their husbands. Isn't this great?
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by fabregas04(m): 8:48pm On May 12, 2013
am sure d op is not from sw, i even doubt it if he/she has ever visited any sw state b4 now, if not, he would have known that in sw, u can hardly differentiate btw a xtain and muslim, as both live together peacefully, even within dsame household, let alone d society at large. pls don't try to introduce religion division in sw, all we care 4 is performance and development, many of our governors re xtain and we have no issue against that, as long as they fufil their promises.

1 Like

Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by musiwa27: 8:56pm On May 12, 2013
Ola, it is not his religion, we are talking about is the bad performance of this perform . i dont know

There will be no Dr Kadiri Obafemi Hamzat as governor of lagos. His ministry is suppose to fix the school in 16 years.. but failed to.. 90% of schools in lagos look so bad. He can not be governor of lagos. Do muslim go to this school. the answer is Yes, that anyone one to use religion to do wrong is not right.

I weep when i went to lagos and see some of the schools with my own eyes and see those little children been made to sit on the floor. It is that image still in my brain, that makes me keep on fighting for this poor children..on the issue of the satellite pictures.. I cant remove that image of my brain.

our last option to get justice, may God forbit stage gorrila warfare against the nation of Nigeria. We would not care what other countries say. dont laugh.... i may sound funny.

Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Gbawe: 8:56pm On May 12, 2013
naptu2: If you want to know what's really going on in this thread, please, I beg you, click the link below and see how one of the posters here was caught out. Have a good laugh, then come back to this thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/925208/ethnicity-religion-future-lagos-state

Nauseating !!! Very sad forum. We have many male forumers posing as female. Nairaland also host 50 year old failures pretending to be 21 and studying for their Masters degree. Start a thread about leaders and many here are automatically "leader" when their 24/7 intolerant, hateful, bellicose and divisive talk means they are dead on arrival in terms of what being a leader is about.

We have one clown telling even the lizards on the wall he is a "billionare" when his pathetic utterance and all-round lack of intelligence means he would probably not have seen $500.00 at any one time in his life. We have traditional herbalists pretending to be "medical doctors" on 'sabbatical'. We also see mischief makers pretending to be from ethnic group they cannot be from with how their traitor-like style of writing reveal they detest the ethnic group they are pretending to belong to. the whole thing is pathetic and makes one to appreciate that this forum is home to a lot of dishonest and fraudulent Nigerians.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by omodapson(m): 8:57pm On May 12, 2013
Does it really matter? Performance is what we need.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by fabregas04(m): 8:58pm On May 12, 2013
@op, what's even ur problem with lagos having an xtain gov? Are d real lagosians complainig? Is d current muslim gov not perfoming? Pls go back to ur state of origin and sensitice ur pple on d need 4 religious tolerance, we yorubas are too smart 4 ur (division)trick bro.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Nobody: 8:58pm On May 12, 2013
Gbawe:

Nauseating !!! We have many male forumers posing as female. Nairaland also host 50 year old failures pretending to be 21 and studying for their Masters degree. Start a thread about leaders and many here are automatically "leader" when their 24/7 intolerant, hateful, bellicose and divisive talk means they are dead on arrival in terms of what being a leader is about.

We have one clown telling even the lizards on the wall he is a "billionare" when his pathetic utterance and all-round lack of intelligence means he would probably not have seen $500.00 at any one time in his life. We have traditional herbalists pretending to be "medical doctors" on 'sabbatical'. We also see mischief makers pretending to be from ethnic group they cannot be from with how their traitor-like style of writing reveal they detest the ethnic group they are pretending to belong to. the whole thing is pathetic and makes one to appreciate that this forum is home to a lot of dishonest and fraudulent Nigerians.

I couldn't agree with you more.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by onyewec3: 9:01pm On May 12, 2013
softmind24: When will d people of SS/SE get over these issue of religion and tribalism ?, for the fact that their legion is is dominated by xtain nd ruled by xtains, what has be d meaningful acheivement can you point to in dis legion ?
when they come out of their legion they shout muslim or xtain, wen they get back to their legion, they shout anglican, cathtolic nd co, it high time 4 you people to use ur brain oooooooooooooooo

Yoruba's are number 1 tribalist......even d devil knows dat
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by kkkp: 9:06pm On May 12, 2013
Why are igbo ppl always confused

2 Likes

Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by kkkp: 9:08pm On May 12, 2013
Ur head must be filled with aba soap
onyewec3:

2 Likes

Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Eziachi: 9:10pm On May 12, 2013
I thought that former governor, Michael Otedola was from the Christendom?
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Owosoup: 9:10pm On May 12, 2013
Haba ,don't bring religion into Lagos state Politics .They have been one of the luckiest state in terms of quality of Governance over the years. Do not allow religion ,tribe or area to disorganize your winning system. The man in question have serve you for thirteen years. Access him by his performance as a commissioner.

3 Likes

Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by hikmoj(m): 9:13pm On May 12, 2013
shymexx:

Who are these "people of Lagos?" undecided

Perhaps, if you've done a thorough research about the people from Lagos and not continue to dwell in your own stupidity - you would have noticed that most of the people from Lagos are Muslims. A lot of them converted to Christianity, but most still have tons of Muslims in their families.

Why can't you take your searchlight to your state of origin and leave Lagos alone? undecided
i wonder o they want 2 import religion wahala 2 lagos oh.EKO oni baje oo!!!
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Nobody: 9:17pm On May 12, 2013
onyewec3:

Can prove this, the man that doesn't know himself (Onyewe?)? I was in an international conference in OAU, Ile-Ife to mark the retirement of Dr Dipo Fashina, majority of the people that spoke said Yoruba people are the most friendly people in Nigeria. If you to even state-owned universities in Yorubaland, you will see lecturers from other tribes. Igbo people are commissioners in Lagos State. SW is the only part of the country that is safe (no kidnapping). Though Yoruba people are killed in the north, they don't carry reprisals against northers in SW

2 Likes

Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Slim101(m): 9:18pm On May 12, 2013
krendo:

Fashola was Attorney General to Tinubu.....

These are the fact!....

Lagos will vote in 2015!

Oga get your FACTS right before posting: Fashola was Chief-of-staff to Tinubu and not Attorney General as you claimed.

And like other reasonable ppl have told you, your administrative credentials have nothing to do with how you worship. Na wetin you take spoil Naija finish be this. #Silly sentiments.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Nobody: 9:20pm On May 12, 2013
Slim101:

Oga get your FACTS right before posting: Fashola was Chief-of-staff to Tinubu and not Attorney General as you claimed.

And like other reasonable ppl have told you, your administrative credentials have nothing to do with how you worship. Na wetin you take spoil Naija finish be this. #Silly sentiments.

Don't mind these the lost souls. They just spread falsehood all over the internet. They should let their bigotry stay in SS/SE.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Nobody: 9:21pm On May 12, 2013
onyewec3:

Your leaders: Achebe, Ojukwu, ABC Nwosu, Achuzia, Irukwu, etc, have poisoned your mind, making you believe that anything you can't get can be attributed to the Yoruba. Onye ne wiwe ya, ya biko subo ya selense.

Can prove this, the man that doesn't know himself (Onyewe?)? I was in an international conference in OAU, Ile-Ife to mark the retirement of Dr Dipo Fashina, majority of the people that spoke said Yoruba people are the most friendly people in Nigeria. If you to even state-owned universities in Yorubaland, you will see lecturers from other tribes. Igbo people are commissioners in Lagos State. SW is the only part of the country that is safe (no kidnapping). Though Yoruba people are killed in the north, they don't carry reprisals against northers in SW.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by isalegan2: 9:23pm On May 12, 2013
shymexx:
Yoruba Muslims were also the ones behind the slave revolt in Brazil during slavery, hence why the revolt was called; Imale Revolt.

As well as the numerous uprisings preceding the slave revolt that led to Ayiti's independence.

bloggernaija:
ondo state is 99.9 % Christian .
Not true!

krendo:

Bola Tinubu - Muslim
Fashola - Muslim
Hamzat - Muslim
Isale's husband - Muslim
Isale's niece - Christian
Isale's son - Traditionalist wink

“We need to return to Sango” – Traditional ruler blames Christians and Muslims for Nigeria’s problems
http://www.ynaija.com/we-need-to-return-to-sango-traditional-ruler-blames-christians-andmuslims-for-nigerias-problems/
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Marcelinho(m): 9:29pm On May 12, 2013
I wonder oh, Fashola we are watching you closely!
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Afam4evaIsASlut: 9:32pm On May 12, 2013
onyewec3: Bt for me I have no issue with any religion type ruling lagos.wat am interested in is who governs well....

But as human we can also ask questions like "what's wrong with fashola supporting someone from other religion" since he n his oga @ d top (tinubu) are both muslims..like I said,as human dese kind of questions can arise

Nah... questions like that only arise if youre dense in the head.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by onyewec3: 9:32pm On May 12, 2013
Ola Johnson:
Can prove this, the man that doesn't know himself (Onyewe?)? I was in an international conference in OAU, Ile-Ife to mark the retirement of Dr Dipo Fashina, majority of the people that spoke said Yoruba people are the most friendly people in Nigeria. If you to even state-owned universities in Yorubaland, you will see lecturers from other tribes. Igbo people are commissioners in Lagos State. SW is the only part of the country that is safe (no kidnapping). Though Yoruba people are killed in the north, they don't carry reprisals against northers in SW

Erant rubbish....so the local govt chairman from ejigbo dat was kidnapped nko? Oh ejigbo is a local govt in enugu! I tink u r de-illusioned because most fight in lagos r always btwn hausa n yoruba(OPC n hausa fight in boundary,ajegunle)....during june 12 saga,do u knw how many hausas were killed in my area by yoruba agberos?u can't have a yoruba getting a post in d eat or north because dey are not much dere.apart frm lagos who have considerable amt of igbos where else in SW(ondo,oyo,ogun,ekiti) can u point out any igbo holdin a position dere? N mind you,I have yoruba prof in my school FUTO, including edo lecturers n deltas too.so cut dat rubbish
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by kalunomics(m): 9:34pm On May 12, 2013
payless:

Don't mind these the lost souls. They just spread falsehood all over the internet. They should let their bigotry stay in SS/SE.
i am yet to see the poster or any other person in support of the motion here to raise his hand indicating he/she is Igbo yet u name them Igbo cuz of your tribal bitterness towards Igbos. Yet u stil say yorubas are not tribal in the same post! Hypocrites! Nobody is even looking at the fact that the article mentioned tinubu/fashola backing and selecting their own candidate for the post. How does that represent good democracy?
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Afam4evaIsASlut: 9:36pm On May 12, 2013
Ola Johnson:
Though Yoruba people are killed in the north, they don't carry reprisals against northers in SW.

Why do you think GEJ was trying to set Yorubas and Hausas against each other by trying to bomb Lagos a few weeks back then blame it on Boko Haram? I bet you remember that decrepit house that was bought by the Bayelsa State Govt in Lagos and found stashed with Bombs, Guns and other sophisticated weapons. First, they said it was a Boko Haram stash house, then when it was revealed that it was owned by the Bayelsa State Govt the revelation died a quick and hurried death.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by epmmiks: 9:38pm On May 12, 2013
Fashola Backs Hamzat To Succeed Him As Opposition Mounts
Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Raji Fashola, SAN, is following the footsteps of his predecessor, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by endorsing a member of his (Fashola’s) cabinet to succeed him.

Thegazellenews.com learnt exclusively that Fashola has put his weight behind the current Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure in the state, Dr Kadiri Obafemi Hamzat, to succeed him as the next governor of the state.

Just like Tinubu, Fashola was reported to have informed members of his kitchen cabinet of his decision.

His choice was reportedly borne out of the desire to have someone who understands the workings of the state to succeed him.

Hamzat was state Commissioner for Science and Technology for six years under Tinubu while he has been commissioner in the state since the advent of the Fashola administration.

He was in charge of Ministry of Science and Technology in Fashola’s first term and currently in charge of Works and Infrastructure ministry.

He is the third son of His Royal Majesty, Oba Mufutau Olatunji Hamzat, Olu of Afowowa but also the Lagos West Senatorial Disrict leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN).

Some members of Fashola’s cabinet have started working for the Hamzat. One of them, according to report is the state Commissioner for Rural Development, Pastor Cornelius Ojelabi.. Ojelabi, a former member of the House of Representatives was also one time chairman of Ojo Local Government and Otto-Awori Local Council Development Area (LCDA).

However, there are difficulties in the way for Fashola’s annointed candidate. In the first instance, the national leader of the ACN, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu has reportedly insisted that all governorship aspirants on the platform of the party will be given level playing ground to prove themselves in an openly conducted primary.

And in this instance, Hamzat is not seen as being a match for politicians like Senate Minority Whip, Senator Ganiyu Olanrewaju Solomon; former state Commissioner for Environment, Dr Muiz Banire and probably Senator Gbenga Ashafa who are experienced in grassroots politicking and are adept at mobilising people.

Solomon in particular is well noted for his grassroots connection and his popularity cuts across all sections of the society spread across the nook and cranny of the state.

Hamzat may also not be helped by alleged zoning of the party’s governorship ticket to the Lagos East senatorial district as his political base is in Mushin in the Lagos West.

Politicians are also quick to point to the fact that the Hamzat family has been enjoying juicy political patronage since the advent of the present democracy in the state. The patriach of the family has been a one time national vice chairman of then Alliance for Democracy (AD).

Now he is the Lagos West leader. Obafemi himself has been a commissioner in the state for the past 13 years and by the end of the Fashola administration he would have spent 15 years as a commissioner in the state.

Added to this is the fact that his elder brother and the older Hamzat’s eldest child and first son, Ganiyu, has been in the House of Representatives since 2003 representing Mushin Federal Constituency 2 and not to be forgotten was the older Hamzat’s second son, Bosun, who died three years ago, was a senior special assistant to both Tinubu and Fashola.

Finally, the question is can Fashola commits the kind of resources and energy to Hamzat governorship project as Tinubu did for him in the 2007 election? Your guess is as good as mine.

Sources within the party have told thegazellenews that majority of party members may not be favourably disposed towards Fashola’s choice not because Hamzat is not capable and suitable but because they are desirous of a change in the method of choosing the party’s candidates particularly the governorship ticket.

“We are determine to ensrue a level playing ground for all aspirants and we want them to show their popularity with members of the party and thank God our leader, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, has acknowledged this fact,” a prominent member of the party told our correspondent.

For now the die is cast as Lagosians await mother of all governorship battle in the ruling party in the state.

[/quote]
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Nobody: 9:38pm On May 12, 2013
kalunomics: i am yet to see the poster or any other person in support of the motion here to raise his hand indicating he/she is Igbo yet u name them Igbo cuz of your tribal bitterness towards Igbos. Yet u stil say yorubas are not tribal in the same post! Hypocrites! Nobody is even looking at the fact that the article mentioned tinubu/fashola backing and selecting their own candidate for the post. How does that represent good democracy?

I never told you Yorubas are not bigoted as Igbos are. Of course some Yorubas are as bigoted as most SS/SE are. Tinubu or Fashola can select as they want, but it is down the the voters to decide. If an Igbo or Hausa man feel like contesting for Governorship in Lagos, all they have to do is to declare and contest in the primaries. It is as simple as that.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Afam4evaIsASlut: 9:39pm On May 12, 2013
kalunomics: i am yet to see the poster or any other person in support of the motion here to raise his hand indicating he/she is Igbo yet u name them Igbo cuz of your tribal bitterness towards Igbos. Yet u stil say yorubas are not tribal in the same post! Hypocrites! Nobody is even looking at the fact that the article mentioned tinubu/fashola backing and selecting their own candidate for the post. How does that represent good democracy?

I get what youre saying, and I get what he's saying....

Bottomline, why dont you mind your business and focus on your village, eh, Mr.Kalu? Didnt one of your Governors recently buy another Private Jet while yall walk around filthy, trash filled streets with clogged up drainages?
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Nobody: 9:41pm On May 12, 2013
Afam4evaIsASlut:

Why do you think GEJ was trying to set Yorubas and Hausas against each other by trying to bomb Lagos a few weeks back then blame it on Boko Haram? I bet you remember that decrepit house that was bought by the Bayelsa State Govt in Lagos and found stashed with Bombs, Guns and other sophisticated weapons. First, they said it was a Boko Haram stash house, then when it was revealed that it was owned by the Bayelsa State Govt the revelation died a quick and hurried death.

Imagine! Jonathan only way to hold on to power is to maim, devide, and conquer. This is the same man I asked my entire family to vote for.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Restoration Of Manhood By Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin - Pictures / Man Runs Towards Moroccan King's Car During Motorcade With Pope Francis / That Moment In Church When You Dance Like King David.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.