Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,193 members, 7,818,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Iranian Accused Of Importing Arms To Nigeria Sentenced - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iranian Accused Of Importing Arms To Nigeria Sentenced (13384 Views)

Protest In Abuja For The Expulsion Of Saeed-Koozechi Iranian Ambassador / Over 1500 Niger Delta Militants To Surrender Arms To Fed Gov / FG Reduces Cost Of Importing Food By $2bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iranian Accused Of Importing Arms To Nigeria Sentenced by mamikky: 4:00pm On May 13, 2013
Azim Aghajani, the Iranian who was accused and charged to a Lagos court for importing sophisticated weapons into Nigeria in October of 2010 has just been sentenced to 5 years imprisnment by a Lagos court. Also sentenced is his Nigerian accomplice, Usman Abbas Jega.

It would be recalled that in October of 2010, 13 containers laden with weapons were intercepted in Lagos port. Their origin was established to be from Iran and the importer ran into the Iranian embassy in Abuja before he could be arrested a situation that prompted a standoff that lasted until the Iranian foreign minister visited Nigeria and negotiated Aghajani's release to Nigerian security officials.

Aghajani is believed to be a member of Iran's elite Revolutionary Guard. Rckets and grenades were amongst the items found in his 13 containers. Nigeria is currently facing an insurgency by Islamic terrorists whose source of funding and arms remain a mystery.

http://www.naijapundit.com/news/breaking-news-court-sentences-iranian-accused-of-importing-arms-to-nigeria-to-5-years
Re: Iranian Accused Of Importing Arms To Nigeria Sentenced by Nobody: 4:10pm On May 13, 2013
Very pathetic judgement.. angry..

Amidst all the security issues that we are facing presently,shooting him with one of those weapons would,ve been nice.

If a Nigerian had done same in Iran,Ahmadinejads govt wouldnt think twice chopping his head off..

I remember reading about some fella who got more than 20 years for stealing a governors phone..another man imports and supplies ammunition responsible death of innocent people and contributes to increased insecurity in Naija and he gets just 5 years.

52 Likes

Re: Iranian Accused Of Importing Arms To Nigeria Sentenced by Gamji007: 4:29pm On May 13, 2013
We don't have a judiciary in Nigeria. The police,SSS,courts etc are all wash outs.

angry

3 Likes

Re: Iranian Accused Of Importing Arms To Nigeria Sentenced by mekaboy(m): 5:51pm On May 13, 2013
I suspect northern influence in this judgment.

2 Likes

Re: Iranian Accused Of Importing Arms To Nigeria Sentenced by alkadriyar(m): 6:26pm On May 13, 2013
Our problem in dis country is our Government. And d only way out of dis mess is to flush out d components of d present government in every arm and d judiciary inclusive. Imagine! Jst 5 yrs jail term for smugllers of weapons. Whr is death sentce! Whr is life imprisonment? Am tellin u thr is somthing hidden dat our leaders ar not telling us.

4 Likes

Re: Iranian Accused Of Importing Arms To Nigeria Sentenced by idumuose(m): 7:24pm On May 13, 2013
That isn't all.Do not forget Nigerian justice system
Whereby the 5yr jail term started counting since the
Day of his arrest in 2010.In order words words,this
Iranian has already spent 3yrs out of the 5yrs jail
Term.Therefore,this guy would complete his prison
Term in 2015 by which time he would have restrategise
On how to bring in another cathe of arms successfully
Without being detected having been scholed on the
Method of bringing the arms and who to bribe during
His second journey.
May there b a sudden spark in those catch of arms
Causing d explosion and destruction of his instrument
Of mass destruction if he ever tries to import arms
Into Nigeria.Can I hear an amen?

7 Likes

Re: Iranian Accused Of Importing Arms To Nigeria Sentenced by spywareczar(m): 8:18pm On May 13, 2013
Bloody jihadists
Re: Iranian Accused Of Importing Arms To Nigeria Sentenced by frodobee: 8:19pm On May 13, 2013
We are finished! Just take a cue from other countries. But for the fact that we are moving - in a direction i dont know- i would have concluded Nigeria to be a failed state.
Re: Iranian Accused Of Importing Arms To Nigeria Sentenced by suxes2005(m): 8:19pm On May 13, 2013
Who even told y'all he'll be in d said prison?
All na wash jor.

I've personally seen dat rev king 2ce @ mmia

9ja, notin gud works!

1 Like

Re: Iranian Accused Of Importing Arms To Nigeria Sentenced by SincereBigot: 8:20pm On May 13, 2013
Re: Iranian Accused Of Importing Arms To Nigeria Sentenced by zangiff(m): 8:21pm On May 13, 2013
most iranians are terror and are becoming terror day by day
Re: Iranian Accused Of Importing Arms To Nigeria Sentenced by spywareczar(m): 8:24pm On May 13, 2013
idumuose: That isn't all.Do not forget Nigerian justice system
His second journey.
na conference video call?? Ђδω Ɣøµ want tek hear the Amen?? grin

1 Like

Re: Iranian Accused Of Importing Arms To Nigeria Sentenced by mikkyangel(m): 8:24pm On May 13, 2013
5yrs,? By my calculations, he has already spent 2yrs in incarceration, so it remains 3 more years. This punishment will encourage more illegal arms flow into naija. Let's do the math, i take the risk by importing 13containers, i get a big big payday(7 digits in dollars), something goes wrong, i"ll take the blame....,we'll,it's only 4 5yrs..so long as my money stays in my fixed account...Bleep bank tehran.
Re: Iranian Accused Of Importing Arms To Nigeria Sentenced by Ukalsman(m): 8:26pm On May 13, 2013
Iran, pls remain in ur country oooo and let the peace of God continue 2 grow in Nigeria. God bless 9ja
Re: Iranian Accused Of Importing Arms To Nigeria Sentenced by OYINBOGOJU(m): 8:26pm On May 13, 2013
Let us be happy the judgement was given. At Lagos High court.

If it was Abuja High court,the Judge would've asked him to pay fine for freedom.
Re: Iranian Accused Of Importing Arms To Nigeria Sentenced by Leemak: 8:29pm On May 13, 2013
The number of years given is too small.....but i forsee the influence of Iranian Government on this judgement, thats the influence our Oga Cowboy(GEJ) is lacking @ global level.

1 Like

Re: Iranian Accused Of Importing Arms To Nigeria Sentenced by Nwaoguta(m): 8:32pm On May 13, 2013
Shame on our so- called judges.
Re: Iranian Accused Of Importing Arms To Nigeria Sentenced by free2ryhme: 8:34pm On May 13, 2013
he shld have bagged a heavy sentence
Re: Iranian Accused Of Importing Arms To Nigeria Sentenced by Burger01(m): 8:35pm On May 13, 2013
Just 5 years!!

Damn!!

sad
Re: Iranian Accused Of Importing Arms To Nigeria Sentenced by Occurstaem(m): 8:38pm On May 13, 2013
5 yrs is too small while someone who stole a phone was sentenced to 25yrs imprisonment.Na wao for our judging system.

2 Likes

Re: Iranian Accused Of Importing Arms To Nigeria Sentenced by Nobody: 8:39pm On May 13, 2013
And you wonder where BOKO HARAM get their supplies. In a country where political leaders are openly involved in terrorism, i'm really not surprised. All man for himself!!!
Re: Iranian Accused Of Importing Arms To Nigeria Sentenced by naptu2: 8:41pm On May 13, 2013
State Security Services (SSS) operatives taking arrested member of the Iranian Republican Guards to court

Re: Iranian Accused Of Importing Arms To Nigeria Sentenced by Capnd143(m): 8:44pm On May 13, 2013
Lol @ those shouting too small jail term! Nigeria of yesterday would have given a fine! Though we are backward, i think we are moving, these was mainly not to impair diplomatic relations with iran am sure, nigeria was to be freinds with every nation!

2 Likes

Re: Iranian Accused Of Importing Arms To Nigeria Sentenced by nerodenero: 8:45pm On May 13, 2013
The Nigeria Judicial system sucks!

2 Likes

Re: Iranian Accused Of Importing Arms To Nigeria Sentenced by supaeagles(m): 8:46pm On May 13, 2013
Maybe they were able to convince the court that the arms were actually heading for some other West African country : http://bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-22515062
Either way, something fishy in this whole thing and obviously a powerful "Oga at the top" has had an influence in this judgement sad
Re: Iranian Accused Of Importing Arms To Nigeria Sentenced by okolichibuzor(m): 8:50pm On May 13, 2013
cryhahahahhahahahahahhaha dat is nigeria for u
Re: Iranian Accused Of Importing Arms To Nigeria Sentenced by Milikiman: 8:51pm On May 13, 2013
no b news his coy wil b in d remaining 2yrs while he can import more weapon for B.H or 2015 election
Re: Iranian Accused Of Importing Arms To Nigeria Sentenced by aniiii(f): 8:51pm On May 13, 2013
he looks like MR BEAN! shocked
Re: Iranian Accused Of Importing Arms To Nigeria Sentenced by saintzilex: 8:55pm On May 13, 2013
idumuose: That isn't all.Do not forget Nigerian justice system
His second journey.
AMEN!
Re: Iranian Accused Of Importing Arms To Nigeria Sentenced by Nobody: 8:56pm On May 13, 2013
NAIJA I HAIL. STEAL 500 NAIRA AND GET LIFE INPRISONMENT. STEAL 500,000,000,000 AND GET A 500,000 FINE PLUS ROYAL TRADITIONAL TITLE AND POLITICAL POSITION. IRAN NA TERRORIST STATE CONFIRM. I DO HOPE SOME PEOPLE WON'T ALLOW SENTIMENTS BECLOWED THEIR JUDGEMENT IN VOICING AGAINST TERRORISM? ISRAEL,U.S WHERE U DEY?

1 Like

Re: Iranian Accused Of Importing Arms To Nigeria Sentenced by Joeblis(m): 9:03pm On May 13, 2013
In other news some iranians have been setence to life in prison for the same charges in kenya..TERRORISM!
Re: Iranian Accused Of Importing Arms To Nigeria Sentenced by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 13, 2013
Are we affraid of ordinary Iran or what?? A guy was sentenced to 45years for stealing Governor's 50k GSM handset by this same Nigerian court. But, nw they could not sentnce a terreorist to death!!!!!!! If I have my way, I go put beta hole for head of all d lawyers and judges wey full for dis country.silly bookstards!!!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Funtua Katsina Dry Port May Commence Operations In May / Nkechi Nwogu: Abia State Is Rotten Under PDP / 2023: US Govt Threatens Visa Ban On Election Riggers, Backs Adoption Of BVAS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.