Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,943 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Fulani Herdsmen Kill Over 50 In Agatu, Benue State - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Herdsmen Kill Over 50 In Agatu, Benue State (22747 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Attack Soldiers In Agatu, Benue State / Fulani-Herdsmen Shoot At David Mark In Agatu / Breaking News: Fresh Bomb Blast Kills 50 In Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Over 50 In Agatu, Benue State by ozodimgba(m): 11:02am On May 14, 2013
Ihe ne-eme!
what are we still doing together as a country? Share this country and let everyone go their respective ways. A country where an officer of the law under an oath of allegiace will deliver hundreds of his coleagues to be slaughtered by miscreants. i dont trust anyone in this country again. RIP the dead.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Over 50 In Agatu, Benue State by friedrice1: 11:04am On May 14, 2013
If OBJ was still the president will all these nonsense happen?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Over 50 In Agatu, Benue State by asorocker: 11:08am On May 14, 2013
idupaul: And yet when this people form militia to protect themselves the govt will send police to hunt them and yet leave fulani to roam about ... Governor Al Makura should be held responsible for using his state to harbour Fulani mecrnaries used to destabilize the middle belt ..By voting the CPC Nassarawa had brought bloodshed to the middlebelt

Sir , i have followed your posting for some time and i have a few questions i want to put across to you.

1. Dont you think forming a militia is an illegal thing and is equivalent to rebelling against constituted authority of the land .

2. The militia murdering hundreds of police men who came to arrest the Spiritual head of the Ombatse cult committed a treasonable offence! dont you think he should face the law for arms insurrection and be probably excuted.

3. if your answer is no what do you think was the difference between what the dilemma Ombatse people and middle belters are facing today 2013 with what the Igbos faced in 1966 where there was mass slaughtering of Igbos all over the country with no body to defend them in a coup that was carried out by Delta igbos , igbos and yoruba Only for the igbos to rise up in self defense and the whole world comes to fight them accussing them of breaking up a country where they have been slaughtered

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Over 50 In Agatu, Benue State by peter5044: 11:08am On May 14, 2013
see people to tell you the truth this people belong to there own world,
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Over 50 In Agatu, Benue State by danjalingo: 11:09am On May 14, 2013
50 pple killed,the governor said "no cause for alarm"the president of the herdsmen said it in retaliation of 550 cows tm by the villagers. what afrontry!my take is that all these groups from the middlebelt to taraba and adamawa should form a united and arm themselves with sophisticated weapons,since the fulanis no longer use canes for rearing but guns. the others shud be able to return fire for fire askth Jukuns in Taraba state. the Fulanis are heartless.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Over 50 In Agatu, Benue State by Syenite(m): 11:09am On May 14, 2013
Noth[/b]ing good comes out of the [b]North these days.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Over 50 In Agatu, Benue State by Adanyebe(m): 11:10am On May 14, 2013
THE STORY IS TRUEEEEE..... BUT THE PICTURE LOOKS LIKE A CLOSED UP OF CHRISTIAN BELIEVERS WEEPING IN A CRUSADE GROUND
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Over 50 In Agatu, Benue State by aenero(m): 11:13am On May 14, 2013
I trust my Ebira people of kogi state,fulani ke.. We the only tribe that have successfully dealt wit them,I just wish the good people of north central can just differentiate themselves from this hausa/fulani,they not human
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Over 50 In Agatu, Benue State by Nobody: 11:18am On May 14, 2013
"In a swift reaction, the secretary of Miyetti Allah Cattle Rearers Association in Benue State, Garus Gololo, said the herdsmen attacked the Agatu people in order to recover their cows, numbered about 550, which he alleged were hijacked by the Agatu people.

Gololo, speaking with newsmen on phone, said people should know that the herdsmen valued their cows more than anything, alluding that the Agatu people were being economical with the truth."

With such mind-set of placing more value on cows than humans will the fulani herdsmen ever change or are these orchestrated ethnic cleansings
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Over 50 In Agatu, Benue State by Cutekid54: 11:19am On May 14, 2013
[quote author=Wily2wily]
Cut them off, for where. Are you ready to fight War with Yorubas?, don't you know that Hausa/Fulanis are Yorubas senior brothers and Yoruba have made it clear to everyone that they are ready to defend their senior brothers with last blood of their life. my hand no dey ooo[/quot and yet wen u ask diz billy goat he ll tell u he is educated. Anupama, Ewu gambia
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Over 50 In Agatu, Benue State by Nobody: 11:24am On May 14, 2013
Raymondenyi: We have surpassed mexico n columbia in crime. No doubt; guns should be legalized! Because, whether they re legalized or not I am going to get mine ASAP. I gotta protect myself brother!!!
omg.Rodflmfao
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Over 50 In Agatu, Benue State by holysina(m): 11:26am On May 14, 2013
These fulani people are very serious in their business of leaving behind casualties in any place they pass. Whyyyy?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Over 50 In Agatu, Benue State by moshoodn(m): 11:27am On May 14, 2013
Last sunday they attacked Ekwo okpanchenyi,,,

Two sundays ago, they razed Abugbe, captured Okokolo and advanced Towards Aila.

Two tuesdays ago, they burnt Ologba.

These guys just won't relent anyway..

All these villages are close to the riverline.

The hospital where I work is filled with so many injured people who were matcheted by the Fulanis.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Over 50 In Agatu, Benue State by Nobody: 11:31am On May 14, 2013
Osama10: Can Nigeria even make it up to the 2015?
by 2014,i fear 4 dis country...2day wit wil b boko haram,2moro it wil b fulani herdsmen,next 2moro it wil b Mend,next it wil b brafia...My beloved country is coming to an end nd i wil not b surprised if GEJ wil b nigeria's last president.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Over 50 In Agatu, Benue State by maclatunji: 11:35am On May 14, 2013
Nigeria's problems are self-inflicted. Too much of violence cannot bear positive fruits and it is not the job of individuals to maintain law and order. It is the job of the state.

For the uninformed, when I say state, I mean the Federal Government.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Over 50 In Agatu, Benue State by slimghost(m): 11:36am On May 14, 2013
The same Hausa Fulani seeking to rule us again? cheesy cheesy cheesy They would only get votes from Core Northern states and some South western states.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Over 50 In Agatu, Benue State by maclatunji: 11:37am On May 14, 2013
moshoodn: Last sunday they attacked Ekwo okpanchenyi,,,

Two sundays ago, they razed Abugbe, captured Okokolo and advanced Towards Aila.

Two tuesdays ago, they burnt Ologba.

These guys just won't relent anyway..

All these villages are close to the riverline.

The hospital where I work is filled with so many injured people who were matcheted by the Fulanis.

I ask the question, are the Fulani and other arm-wielding groups beyond the capacity of the state to deal with?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Over 50 In Agatu, Benue State by Nobody: 11:41am On May 14, 2013
Localtrouble: Smh..every well meaning Nigerian should insist that we cut off these Hausa/fulanis for good. They should just go get themselves their own Country, they are just INSANE. Atleast the other remaining regions can handle their problems better..
no be lie.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Over 50 In Agatu, Benue State by maclatunji: 11:46am On May 14, 2013
slimghost: The same Hausa Fulani seeking to rule us again? cheesy cheesy cheesy They would only get votes from Core Northern states and some South western states.

What a boring post. The only thing Fulani herdsmen want is to multiply their cattle and have enough pasture for their herds to graze.

They don't want to rule Zamfara or any other state, talk less of "you". Nigeria's problems can be defined thus: "Incompetent leadership, ignorant followership".

Nigeria for you.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Over 50 In Agatu, Benue State by Wily2wily: 11:47am On May 14, 2013
slimghost: The same Hausa Fulani seeking to rule us again? cheesy cheesy cheesy They would only get votes from Core Northern states and some South western states.
They are banking their hope on the Yorubas,
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Over 50 In Agatu, Benue State by Nobody: 11:47am On May 14, 2013
It is certain dat dis hausa/fulani pple are just killing 4 fun...If u ask them wat they are killing for,they wil tell u they want to grant nigeria amnesty...Dis pple are animals...Let dis north go their way 4 gud na...Dissolve this country,lack of cowmeat can not make u hungry.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Over 50 In Agatu, Benue State by damlawbaba(m): 11:48am On May 14, 2013
pompori king: Dis nL d way una dey write story sef..na where you hear dis oneso cos you posted it we must believe abi
haha shey U̶̲̥̅̊ dull ni, is dat not the link underneath.and its from tribune.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Over 50 In Agatu, Benue State by Nobody: 11:48am On May 14, 2013
When will these cows let people mourn their dead?

Last week it was Taraba, now Benue. Just don't bring your stinking bodies to my state, else we will do to you what was done to Osama.

That was same thing you did in Jos too.

Ewu kakamba.
When all you get to drink is the milk of cows that go to your brain, how won't you think/behave like them?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Over 50 In Agatu, Benue State by pcnwamadi(m): 11:53am On May 14, 2013
hardbody: Errrhhmmm, GOWON means Go -On-With-One-Nigeria.

He fought alongside the fulani herdsmen to slaughter innocent women, men and children for the sake of one Nigeria and he is from Plateau. What was it again about nemesis? anyways, what goes round comes round. And i thank the Lord that it is hapening in his Life time.

As for the bereaved, what can i say?
Word.. Karma is a b.I.a.t.c.h., knows ur house address..
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Over 50 In Agatu, Benue State by moshoodn(m): 12:01pm On May 14, 2013
maclatunji:

I ask the question, are the Fulani and other arm-wielding groups beyond the capacity of the state to deal with?

That's a question we ask ourselves too.

But let's face it, Agatu has many entry points.... Esp from Nasarawa and Kogi...

These fulanis operate guerilla style.

Attack stealthily at dawn and gone before security operatives get there.

The villagers too aren't helping matters at all.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Over 50 In Agatu, Benue State by blackbeau1(f): 12:03pm On May 14, 2013
this herdsmen are becoming very audacious.imagine! who are this people and why is the government not stopping them? i think this issue of fulani herdsmen should be put to a stop. it was alrght in the past because their predecessors where quiet and peace loving people but right now with all the problems they are causing,its time to put an end to the 'roaming'. if they are still going to roam,then they should be restricted to the north since it has been proven that they are destroyers of peace and stability in any environment.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Over 50 In Agatu, Benue State by farem: 12:08pm On May 14, 2013
hardbody: Errrhhmmm, GOWON means Go -On-With-One-Nigeria.

He fought alongside the fulani herdsmen to slaughter innocent women, men and children for the sake of one Nigeria and he is from Plateau. What was it again about nemesis? anyways, what goes round comes round. And i thank the Lord that it is hapening in his Life time.

As for the bereaved, what can i say?
[color=#990000]
DEFEATED AND BACKWARD MINDSET! EVEN THOUGU H YOU MAY NOT HAVE BEEN BORN DURING THIS UNFORTUNATE HISTORY, MUST YOU ALLOW YOUR PLACENTA BE WASTED BY BEING BURIED ON THIS NATIONAL SADNESS? WHAT I HEAR FROM GOD IS 'GO FORWARD!'
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Over 50 In Agatu, Benue State by slimghost(m): 12:10pm On May 14, 2013
maclatunji:

What a boring post. The only thing Fulani herdsmen want is to multiply their cattle and have enough pasture for their herds to graze.

They don't want to rule Zamfara or any other state, talk less of "you". Nigeria's problems can be defined thus: "Incompetent leadership, ignorant followership".

Nigeria for you.

Senseless post cry cry cry
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Over 50 In Agatu, Benue State by Eazeee(m): 12:12pm On May 14, 2013
lacasa: Framing the fulani for every crime in the middle-belt

#... Yawns!!

even when ur broda Miyeti alla accepted what ur kinsmen did abi? Mohammedans shall continue 2 b jihadist either as Boko Haram or fulani terrorist.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Over 50 In Agatu, Benue State by Nobody: 12:12pm On May 14, 2013
Na wao!!!God ll help us in dis country.d notherners self ar they not tired of aLl these killings?they are taking lives they can't create
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Over 50 In Agatu, Benue State by damlawbaba(m): 12:13pm On May 14, 2013
Emmadani: by 2014,i fear 4 dis country...2day it wil b boko haram,2moro it wil b fulani herdsmen,next 2moro it wil b Mend,next it wil b brafia...My beloved country is coming to an end nd i wil not b surprised if GEJ wil b nigeria's last president.
hmmmm mercies of the lord,come down to us ur children.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill Over 50 In Agatu, Benue State by DonaldGenes(m): 12:27pm On May 14, 2013
no comment!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jonathan's Speech At Handover Presentation. / 2019: Tinubu Hails Osinbajo As Lagos APC Adopts Direct Primaries / Ndume Threatens To Relocate Abroad Over FG’s Rising Recurrent Expenditure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.