Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno (38527 Views)

Thousands Return To Borno After Boko Haram Ouster / 5,000 Soldiers Involved In Fight Against Boko Haram Get Promotion / 50 Heavily Armed Soldiers Deployed To Nyesom Wike‘s Residence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by holysina(m): 11:13am On May 15, 2013
Angry commandos in action. If ur brain de hot u better kul down else u become a scapegoat, this soldiers are not smiling cause the boko men are not trying[i][/i]
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by Nobody: 11:13am On May 15, 2013
Good move
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by Orikinla(m): 11:16am On May 15, 2013
This is what Orikinla has been calling for.
Desperate times call for desperate measures.
The Nigerian military can put an end to terrorism in Nigeria.
As the son of a brave Nigerian soldier, I know what brave Nigerian soldiers can do to save Nigeria when the chips are down.
This is long over due.
Let us put an end to the bloody madness of the lunatic fringe of Muslims.

2 Likes

Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by topmostg: 11:16am On May 15, 2013
9jadelta: men naija army clean o. see as dem kit up.
na true talk ma guy!!
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by stagger: 11:17am On May 15, 2013
I am very sorry for inhabitants of those places. Anyone who lived in Yenagoa in 2006 as well as PH in 2007-2008 can tell the story.

Military occupation is the worst thing that can happen to any town.
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by bamosagie(m): 11:17am On May 15, 2013
safarigirl: state of emergency means nobody goes in or comes out, anyone still in there better be praying to whatever he believes in

Stop saying things you are not sure of. Dont want people to call you a liar.
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by coogar: 11:18am On May 15, 2013
shymexx:
Bro., these are the land area sizes of the 3 states:

Bornu state = 70,898 km²
Adamawa state = 36,917 km²
Yobe state = 45,502 km²

i mentioned this earlier when i said borno is huge in land size but 70% of that land mass is desert. jonathan need drones. at the same time, i like the presence of the military out there. this would tell boko haram and the crooked politicians backing them that the end is nigh.

You need good military intelligence and an effective counter-insurgency to win against these people. And the Nigeria hasn't been able to do that - hence why BH keeps growing by day. The troops are just going over to kill more civilians. 2,000 soldiers won't change anything.

you underestimate the nigerian troops if you think they don't know where to look. all they needed was the commander-in-chief to give the order. the bureaucracy has been shelved now, jonathan is at war with terror and i am backing him 110% on this one.

1 Like

Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by ClitorialDept: 11:21am On May 15, 2013
GEJ should just grant Borno, Yobe and Adamawa independence and stop wasting money and resources trying to stop this insurgency. The citizens of these states in some ways support and condone the activities of this fanatics. Funny thing is boko still want one Nigeria like their elder sponsors inorder to still have access to free oil loot. Hypocrites.
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by seaman007: 11:22am On May 15, 2013
@Abbey2samI live in adamawa state, there is no such tin as state of emergency here, even if there is, maybe, just maybe in mubi, a local government close to maiduguiri.....

Activities in adamawa state still remain the same, I was in town yesterday(I.e jimeta) and I never saw any soldier or air force or Sss or JTF been deployed.

#fact

Reply:I pity you,what you should be thinking of is how to leave
Maiduguiri and not to be lookin whether soidier are deployed or not
Now that you can still move around you better flee.I bet you if this soildiers
Lock down movement.you might be mistaking for a boko harmite
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by Nobody: 11:23am On May 15, 2013
[b][/b]

Please i appeal to my fellow Biafrans still residing in those 3 states to pack up and return to Biafra. D war to exterminate d rats has been declared, let us return to BiaFra.
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by Policewoman(f): 11:24am On May 15, 2013
liberty300: About 2,000 security operatives and military hardware, including fighter jets have been deployed to Maiduguri ahead of yesterday’s declaration of State of Emergency.
In neighboring Yobe State, it is not clear how many soldiers were deployed but residents said shortly after the declaration of state of emergency, stop and search operations have been intensified in the state capital while movement have been restricted in other places.
Residents said the deployment of the federal troops, including the army, navy, air force and operatives of the State Security Service (SSS) began at the weekend.
“We started sensing danger on Saturday when we saw military trucks conveying soldiers to the Joint Task Force (JTF) headquarters along Pompomari area,” Usman Jika, a resident of Maiduguri said.
“By Sunday morning, so many roadblocks have sprung up in the state capital and there was noticeable cordon and search of houses by new faces (soldiers),” he said.
A resident of Kumshe, one of the red spots in Maiduguri said his neighbour was beaten to pulp on Sunday when soldiers besieged the areas and forced all the people out of their houses.
“All the soldiers that came to the neighborhood appeared new in the town, some of them said it is now time for ‘fire for fire” he said.
Another resident said he saw military aircrafts landing at the Maiduguri International Airport and the air strip at the Air Force base in the state capital.
“A lot of fighting equipment have been deployed to Maiduguri,” Hajja Maimuna, a resident of Gomari, whose house is close to the Air Force base said.
“We are really terrified because the military operatives coming to Maiduguri in the last two days far outnumbered those that came during the previous emergency rule,” she said.
“Even though the state governor has not been removed, which is good, the truth is that Maiduguri is now a garrison town, full of angry soldiers who are ready to kill at the slightest provocation. The deployment will definitely hamper social and economic life of the people,” she said.

http://dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/top-stories/54578-2-000-soldiers-fighter-jets-deployed-to-borno
Good. Those Islamists must be taught a lesson not to declare a republic within a republic. Hope they deployed commanders in the likes of Benjamin Adekunle a.k.a the scorpion, Murtala Ramat Mohammed e.t.c. We will require such ruthless officers to crush the Jihadist rebellion8-). UP GEJ, UP PDP...
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by Theben(m): 11:25am On May 15, 2013
Those 3 states should be leveled. Whoever has the mind to accommodate terrorists should be ready to face the outcome of such act.

Kill them all, then the sane southerners will take over those states and develop them. When there are more southern population in a state, peace will reign
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by topmostg: 11:26am On May 15, 2013
IYA NGBALI: it has STARTING
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by topmostg: 11:26am On May 15, 2013
IYA NGBALI: it has STARTING

1 Like

Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by ArQueBusieR(m): 11:27am On May 15, 2013
ayd91: I hope those in charge are aware that there is no way BK haram boys will show up for a fair fight with such a large deployment of Nigeria Soldiers.
They should beware of gorilla warfare and all forms of Iraqi styled attacks.
If Numbers counted so much in battle, US wouldn't have lost in Vietnam and also would have ended the Iraqi insurgents in less than 1 month.
I pray for the best. God bless Nigeria.
You're not clueless.
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by yeboyes: 11:29am On May 15, 2013
[b]If i were the defence minister i would ensure that our soldiers have the latest military gear most especially armored tactical gear like the one below:

The above cost less than a thousand dollars per soldier.

I will also arm all our combatant soldiers with the latest and most accurate assault rifles like FN Scar Lite and heavy loaded with extra. This is my favorite rifle as it is has tons of accessories and is extremely accurate especially with a longer barrel.With this riffle you won't waste bullets.One bullet one kill.It is favored by a lot of modern militaries as it is very affordable, accurate and durable.

[/b]
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by achi4u(m): 11:32am On May 15, 2013
mobuch: [b][/b]

Please i appeal to my fellow Biafrans still residing in those 3 states to pack up and return to Biafra. D war to exterminate d rats has been declared, let us return to BiaFra.

If only they'll hear and act
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by dominiceze: 11:33am On May 15, 2013
Its long over due, time to annihilate those murderous bastards and their cohorts. I trust naija soldiers, go and show those boko boys that naija soldiers are the best in the world wen it comes to field combat. Am stil waitin 4 what ACN n CPC wud say,useless parties
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by Nobody: 11:34am On May 15, 2013
coogar:
i mentioned this earlier when i said borno is huge in land size but 70% of that land mass is desert. jonathan need drones. at the same time, i like the presence of the military out there. this would tell boko haram and the crooked politicians backing them that the end is nigh.

70% desert is what makes the work of the soldiers more difficult. We need to take a cue from the Algerians and how they were able to defeat AQIM. Heck, about a quarter of the budget at N921.91 Billion was set aside for defence - how come we're still running with obsolete military gadgets?

We need intelligence gathering and if he's serious about BH - he should go after their sponsors. I'm darn sure he knows who they're. Cut off the head of the snake and all these indoctrinated youths would go home.

you underestimate the nigerian troops if you think they don't know where to look. all they needed was the commander-in-chief to give the order. the bureaucracy has been shelved now, jonathan is at war with terror and i am backing him 110% on this one.

I'm not underestimating them, they just don't have the capabilities against asymmetric warfare. The militancy in Niger Delta and the ongoing madness with BH have already proven that.

You and I know that 2,000 troops won't change anything...This is just cheap politics, to be honest. These clowns aren't serious about bringing peace to the country. The country is crumbling and heading towards disintegration yet these people have continued to play politics with everything. It's just sad.

PS: all the duffers on the thread are free to attack me and call me anything, but I'll continue to speak the truth. wink

1 Like

Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by Policewoman(f): 11:35am On May 15, 2013
splashbaby: US Boston Marathon bombing: 2 killed and more than 6000 officers deployed. Nigeria Boko Haram bombing so far: Over 4000 killed and 2000 officers deployed plus probably another 2000 already on ground making 4000. GEJ is a joke
6000 police officers were deployed and NOT soldiers. Get that through your thick skull, silly.
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:38am On May 15, 2013
never mind.
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by sucess001(m): 11:38am On May 15, 2013
" There is but one path - Kill them all!!!"

Spartacus lives on...
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by splashbaby(m): 11:40am On May 15, 2013
gramci:

You are the joke
You and your paid masters are yet to come up with anything sensible to forestall your open display of cluelessness and foolishness. You people are just getting worst daily
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by Nobody: 11:42am On May 15, 2013
declaring state of emergency sounds like a step in the right direction but security has gone past mounting road blocks and deploying more soldiers i think the goverment should pay more attention to intelligence gathering in other to maximize its firepower advantage because without specufuc and accurate intelligence (which the goverment is seeminly failing in this regard) its firepower advantage becomes useless.
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by yeboyes: 11:43am On May 15, 2013
I will also make sure that each squad has at least one master stealth sniper armed with the latest SRS sniper rifle with silencer and camouflaged muzzle.

Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by FunnyPikincom(m): 11:43am On May 15, 2013
ebgbest: TIME TO ACT DECISIVELY

At last it looks like PresiDUNCE JoNOTHING is turning into PRAISEident JonACTION. A State of Emergency in BURNo and neighbouring States. He has now turned amNASTY into ARMYnesty. NO holds barred. Blast the BOKO Harassers back to the Stone Age together with all those harbouring them. Let us see whether the blabbing Northern MUZZLEims will keep trying to muzzle free speech and free action and keep blaming JTF for collateral damage, rather than blaming the bastards causing violent action to be taken. Let them keep blaming OGA AT THE TOP for what their Greedy EMIRS, SHEHUS, SULTANS, MADllams, SINators, RAPEresentatives and GoVAINors heaped on them with poor education and a twisted religious doctrine. Abi Dubai and Malaysia no get Islam? Mcheeew!

It will seem for once that senseless ranting from a senseless man makes sense ... Dokubo knows what he is saying when he says we in the South will accept no more Northern threats and determination to rule. If they dont want to be grateful for Niger Delta, Igbo and Youruba Oil and keep demanding it as of right and demanding to rule, as a right, then the answer must be NO and if they wish they can go create a separate country and find their own Oil. The Oil in the ground belongs to the Ethnic groups in which the Oil is found, and if we must share it as a Nation, then those that dont have must show some gratitude and grace - not hector and demand.

The CiroMADS, I Be Beasts, BOOharis and all those HOWLsa and Fulani MUZZLEims drunk on Southern Oil, and who threatened to make this country ungovernable, must be told in no certain terms that we are a Democracy not DEMONcrazy. No more ARMYtwisting for Northern Candidates and Military Coups. We will tolerate it NO LONGER. We will follow whoever we decide will bring progress whether Fashola (A Yoruba AGAIN? Who Cares), Okorocha, Oshiomole, Amaechi (PDP), Ribadu or even the self-serving El Rufai - whoever is good - let them come forward to rule in the NAME of our Nation - and our votes must decide.

It is high time Nigeria was pursued with the vision, energy and innovation of our Film and Music Industry, where we celebrate Genevieve, Omosexy, Tuface, P-Square, D'Banj, Wizkid, Bracket, Timaya, Duncan Mighty, Jeremy Gayang - without knowing their tribes or religion - young people making international waves for us; while a group of young, crazy, mad mullahs are messing our names internationally, and damaging our opportunities, with mass murder and mayhem in the name of the twisted ideologies of Arab Imperialism.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!
Mtchew... Yawn undecided

1 Like

Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by Nobody: 11:45am On May 15, 2013
declaring state of emergency sounds like a step in the right direction but security has gone past mounting road blocks and deploying more soldiers i think the goverment should pay more attention to intelligence gathering in other to maximize its firepower advantage because without specific and accurate intelligence (which the goverment is seeminly failing in this regard) its firepower advantage becomes useless.
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by coogar: 11:46am On May 15, 2013
shymexx:
70% desert is what makes the work of the soldiers more difficult. We need to take a cue from the Algerians and how they were able to defeat AQIM. Heck, about a quarter of the budget at N921.91 Billion was set aside for defence - how come we're still running with obsolete military gadgets?

actually, 70% desert makes their job easier.....
there are no caves or rocks like afghanistan. you forget the troops would be aided with air support. boko haram should have been extinguished long before they developed wings. now that jonathan has shown some cojones, expect this war to finish by august!

We need intelligence gathering and if he's serious about BH - he should go after their sponsors. I'm darn sure he knows who they're. Cut off the head of the snake and all these indoctrinated youths would go home.

naija troops have the intelligence. they know the enclaves and the clans responsible for this. it's the bureaucracy at the top level that has prevented an all out war since. the hindrance is gone now, just watch!

I'm not underestimating them, they just don't have the capabilities against asymmetric warfare. The militancy in Niger Delta and the ongoing madness with BH have already proven that.

it would take approximately 2 weeks for the nigerian army to crush boko haram in borno state. this is the nigerian army we are talking about. their pedigree in peace keeping all over war-torn african states are legendary. speak to a liberian or someone from sierra leone about our army - the nigerian army is the best in africa on land!

You and I know that 2,000 troops won't change anything...This is just cheap politics, to be honest. These clowns aren't serious about bringing peace to the country. The country is crumbling and heading towards disintegration yet these people have continued to play politics with everything. It's just sad.

PS: all the duffers on the thread are free to attack me and call me anything, but I'll continue to speak the truth. wink

just wait and see........
how can you not see JTF have had their hands tied behind their back since by the politics of the northern governors. every boko haram member arrested by the JTF were broken out of prison by the northern governors......so it's been putting water in a basket all this while.

all that has changed now - the army are taking over!

3 Likes

Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by BBDelta(m): 11:46am On May 15, 2013
Orikinla: This is what Orikinla has been calling for.
Desperate times call for desperate measures.
The Nigerian military can put an end to terrorism in Nigeria.
As the son of a brave Nigerian soldier, I know what brave Nigerian soldiers can do to save Nigeria when the chips are down.
This is long over due.
Let us put an end to the bloody madness of the lunatic fringe of Muslims.

You started very well and ended up badly...... What has (lunatic fringe of muslims)got to do with bad people fighting against the good people of Nigeria. I am a Christian, A Southerner...... I have always and will always campaign against analysis that's based on religion / ethincity sentiments, either to promotes/demotes any of them, when it comes to National issues or issues that's between evil/good, crime/upholding law, good/bad. You can analysis issues effectively without bringing in religion / ethnicity.

2 Likes

Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by Nobody: 11:48am On May 15, 2013
Ultimately, BH can't be defeated without good intelligence and even deploying 100,000 troops without required intelligence is zero. What we are dealing with sounds more of an intelligence war than a conventional one.
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by Rooneyboy(m): 11:48am On May 15, 2013
the truth is that Maiduguri is now a garrison town, full of angry soldiers who are ready to kill at the slightest provocation.

grin grin grin

Pikin wey say him mama no go sleep, him too no go sleep .
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by firetrap(m): 11:49am On May 15, 2013
yeboyes: [b]If i were the defence minister i would ensure that our soldiers have the latest military gear most especially armored tactical gear like the one below:

The above cost less than a thousand dollars per soldier.

I will also arm all our combatant soldiers with the latest and most accurate assault rifles like FN Scar Lite and heavy loaded with extra. This is my favorite rifle as it is has tons of accessories and is extremely accurate especially with a longer barrel.With this riffle you won't waste bullets.One bullet one kill.It is favored by a lot of modern militaries as it is very affordable, accurate and durable.

[/b]

who told you such rifles are affordable and cheap. one of such cost close to 13k dollars for the standard version without any other accessories. please don't be quick to trash the weapons we use. the US still issues its soldiers with m16s and m14s and not every AK you see is an Ak 47. we have different variants of the AK in our inventory

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Asari Dokubo: "Don't Wish Me Happy Independence Day, I'm Not A Nigerian" / Picture Of The Prettiest Soldier In Nigeria / Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.