Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,746 members, 7,809,847 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:57 PM

Holes On A Pedestrian Bridge At Iyana-Oworo In Lagos (pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Holes On A Pedestrian Bridge At Iyana-Oworo In Lagos (pics) (14402 Views)

Lagos To Construct Additional Pedestrian Bridge At Ojota / People Who Failed To Use Pedestrian Bridges In Lagos Punished (pics) / Jonathan Commissions The Flyover Bridge At Kundila Roundabout, Kano - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Holes On A Pedestrian Bridge At Iyana-Oworo In Lagos (pics) by OurYansh: 7:06am On May 16, 2013
Yours sincerely observed some holes on a pedestrian bridge in Lagos, got some pictures and decided to share.

The pedestrian bridge in question is that at Iyanoworo (hope I got the spelling), just at the foot of third mainland bridge. The holes are not very big at the moment, however its said that "a stitch in time saves nine". So if you know somebody who knows somebody, please draw their attention to this potential hazard.

I rest my case.

Yours truly,

Hon. Our Yansh
(SSCE, OND, B.Eng, VCD, DVD)

cool cool

8 Likes

Re: Holes On A Pedestrian Bridge At Iyana-Oworo In Lagos (pics) by OurYansh: 7:08am On May 16, 2013
More Pics

Re: Holes On A Pedestrian Bridge At Iyana-Oworo In Lagos (pics) by OurYansh: 7:11am On May 16, 2013
Eko oni baje ooo

cool cool cool

4 Likes

Re: Holes On A Pedestrian Bridge At Iyana-Oworo In Lagos (pics) by malc619(m): 7:12am On May 16, 2013
Please send me credit so that I'll flash Fashola...

Thank you.

8 Likes

Re: Holes On A Pedestrian Bridge At Iyana-Oworo In Lagos (pics) by Tolexander: 7:17am On May 16, 2013
malc619: Please send me credit so that I'll flash Fashola...

Thank you.
just at
the foot of third mainland bridge.
does the third mainland bridge belong to the state government?
Re: Holes On A Pedestrian Bridge At Iyana-Oworo In Lagos (pics) by malc619(m): 7:22am On May 16, 2013
Tolexander: does the third mainland bridge belong to the state government?

Its a pedestrian bridge close to d foot of the bridge..

3 Likes

Re: Holes On A Pedestrian Bridge At Iyana-Oworo In Lagos (pics) by Nobody: 7:23am On May 16, 2013
Look how huddled those houses are... Makoko is nothing angry .. roads are looking good though cheesy but not neat angry

1 Like

Re: Holes On A Pedestrian Bridge At Iyana-Oworo In Lagos (pics) by Nobody: 7:28am On May 16, 2013
Bro! Wat re u waiting for? U have seen it, snapping it n posting here will really do us no good. I think U shouldn't wat for any body or organization.
Go and look 4 cement and water and patch up those spots...
I don talk my own finish.

6 Likes

Re: Holes On A Pedestrian Bridge At Iyana-Oworo In Lagos (pics) by Nobody: 7:29am On May 16, 2013
Crossing the road or using the pedestrian bridge, which is safer then?

2 Likes

Re: Holes On A Pedestrian Bridge At Iyana-Oworo In Lagos (pics) by Nobody: 7:32am On May 16, 2013
berem: Crossing the road or using the pedestrian bridge, which is safer then?
kill yourself lipsrsealed
Re: Holes On A Pedestrian Bridge At Iyana-Oworo In Lagos (pics) by Omen100(m): 7:39am On May 16, 2013
Op. you have done a great job by snapping those holes and bring it to the public notice and I will advice more Nigerians to do the same irrespective of the state you are presently or from, we have to remind the governments of various levels to do their jobs since they can't see it themselves and please Nigerians, abeg una well well, we shouldn't see it or take it as an avenue to insults, abuse or tear down the governments involved,

God bless Nigeria.

16 Likes

Re: Holes On A Pedestrian Bridge At Iyana-Oworo In Lagos (pics) by Jaideyone(m): 7:40am On May 16, 2013
Oh i know this side very well. The ones at car wash and olopomeji along the same road also have holes on them.
When pictures of the ilasa bridge made the front page something was done about it. Mods front page please. I've promised myself never to use the one at olopomeji again until it is fixed.

Mods front page please...

Oh I miss Lagos embarassed can't wait for the service year to be over.

1 Like

Re: Holes On A Pedestrian Bridge At Iyana-Oworo In Lagos (pics) by OurYansh: 7:40am On May 16, 2013
Raymondenyi: Bro! Wat re u waiting for? U have seen it, snapping it n posting here will really do us no good. I think U shouldn't wat for any body or organization.
Go and look 4 cement and water and patch up those spots...
I don talk my own finish.

I've done my part. It's over to those who know people who know people......

cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Holes On A Pedestrian Bridge At Iyana-Oworo In Lagos (pics) by OurYansh: 7:46am On May 16, 2013
Omen100: Op. you have done a great job by snapping those holes and bring it to the public notice and I will advice more Nigerians to do the same irrespective of the state you are presently or from, we have to remind the governments of various levels to do their jobs since they can't see it themselves and please Nigerians, abeg una well well, we shouldn't see it or take it as an avenue to insults, abuse or tear down the governments involved,

God bless Nigeria.

Well said.....

Very well said.....

2 Likes

Re: Holes On A Pedestrian Bridge At Iyana-Oworo In Lagos (pics) by anonimi: 7:59am On May 16, 2013

After 14 years of "progressive opposition" in power

1,2,3,4 years of Tinubu
5,6,7,8 years of Tinubu
9,10,11,12 years of Fashola
13, 14 years of Fashola

Lagos residents cannot have safe pedestrian bridges. Something very BASIC.

Yet we have

* 30b for EXPANSION of Ikorodu-Ketu 13.5km road;
* 1.4km suspended bridge for 29b;
* LASU fees raised by 1,000% without commensurate increase in QUALITY

while raking in 20b monthly from the pockets, wallets, purses and handbags of the people in the form of IGR.

Propaganda can only take you so far, I guess!

7 Likes

Re: Holes On A Pedestrian Bridge At Iyana-Oworo In Lagos (pics) by EkoIle1: 8:06am On May 16, 2013
@OP...

Send this straight to the governor himself, I use it all the time..

http://www.tundefashola.com/contact/index.html
Re: Holes On A Pedestrian Bridge At Iyana-Oworo In Lagos (pics) by Nobody: 8:15am On May 16, 2013
Eko Ile: @OP...

Send this straight to the governor himself, I use it all the time..

http://www.tundefashola.com/contact/index.html
Do U have d a contact for my governor
Hom.Chibuike Rotimi Ameachi ;the executive governor of Rivers state, pls do well to send to me, I'll appreciate. Thnk U
Re: Holes On A Pedestrian Bridge At Iyana-Oworo In Lagos (pics) by OurYansh: 8:15am On May 16, 2013
anonimi:

1,2,3,4 years of Tinubu
5,6,7,8 years of Tinubu
13, 14 years of Fashola

Yet we have

while raking in 20b monthly from the pockets, wallets, purses and handbags of the people in the form of IGR.

Between ur two ears is something called a BRAIN. Its meant to be used.

cool

26 Likes

Re: Holes On A Pedestrian Bridge At Iyana-Oworo In Lagos (pics) by Redoil: 8:16am On May 16, 2013
I hope catar no dey ur eye while reading the op said pedestrian bridge which had being handed to ur uncle fash many years ago.
Tolexander: does the third mainland bridge belong to the state government?

1 Like

Re: Holes On A Pedestrian Bridge At Iyana-Oworo In Lagos (pics) by EkoIle1: 8:19am On May 16, 2013
Raymondenyi:
Do U have d a contact for my governor
Hom.Chibuike Rotimi Ameachi ;the executive governor of Rivers state, pls do well to send to me, I'll appreciate. Thnk U

Sorry, not all governors have easy access of open door policy including your governor.
Re: Holes On A Pedestrian Bridge At Iyana-Oworo In Lagos (pics) by Redoil: 8:22am On May 16, 2013
berem: Crossing the road or using the pedestrian bridge, which is safer then?
crossing the road is far more better in lagos only.
Re: Holes On A Pedestrian Bridge At Iyana-Oworo In Lagos (pics) by alfaman1: 8:26am On May 16, 2013
Omen100: Op. you have done a great job by snapping those holes and bring it to the public notice and I will advice more Nigerians to do the same irrespective of the state you are presently or from, we have to remind the governments of various levels to do their jobs since they can't see it themselves and please Nigerians, abeg una well well, we shouldn't see it or take it as an avenue to insults, abuse or tear down the governments involved,

God bless Nigeria.

Snapping photos in public in Nigeria can land you in hot water. Just saying.

1 Like

Re: Holes On A Pedestrian Bridge At Iyana-Oworo In Lagos (pics) by Redoil: 8:27am On May 16, 2013
anonimi:

1,2,3,4 years of Tinubu
5,6,7,8 years of Tinubu
13, 14 years of Fashola

Yet we have

are you sure of what you are typing. Please tell the governor that LASU shool fees should be reduce to 250 thousand naira so that peole can afford it.
Re: Holes On A Pedestrian Bridge At Iyana-Oworo In Lagos (pics) by uzy4toniayahoo: 9:05am On May 16, 2013
Our Yansh: Eko oni baje ooo

cool cool cool
obaje ti ra ra!!!
Re: Holes On A Pedestrian Bridge At Iyana-Oworo In Lagos (pics) by uzy4toniayahoo: 9:06am On May 16, 2013
Our Yansh: Eko oni baje ooo

cool cool cool
obaje ti ra ra!!! grin
Re: Holes On A Pedestrian Bridge At Iyana-Oworo In Lagos (pics) by Nobody: 9:07am On May 16, 2013
@op y u no include (HIV, STD ,MLS and co to ur CV)
Re: Holes On A Pedestrian Bridge At Iyana-Oworo In Lagos (pics) by Nobody: 9:07am On May 16, 2013
People who fly private jets never see pedestrian bridges..

OP step your game up or avoid that bridge cos your leaders don't care.

There's a war brewing and the men in power are busy moving all the cash abroad.

Nobody get time for pedestrian bridge.
Re: Holes On A Pedestrian Bridge At Iyana-Oworo In Lagos (pics) by hustla(m): 9:09am On May 16, 2013
malc619: Please send me credit so that I'll flash Fashola...

Thank you.

1185 7452 0943

MTN 1500
Re: Holes On A Pedestrian Bridge At Iyana-Oworo In Lagos (pics) by Omen100(m): 9:09am On May 16, 2013
alfaman1:

Snapping photos in public in Nigeria can land you in hot water. Just saying.

You are right bro, but then "should we as citizens of Nigeria continue to languish in pains while the solutions to our pains is right under our nose" I can still remember vividly when the issue of a collapsing pedestrian bridge was reported, snapped & shown to the whole world, as we speak, there are about 3 new pedestrian bridges been constructed along that vicinity. Nigerians, please we should be ready to pay the price for the change we long desire.

3 Likes

Re: Holes On A Pedestrian Bridge At Iyana-Oworo In Lagos (pics) by rozayx5(m): 9:11am On May 16, 2013
sheyie2007: Look how huddled those houses are... Makoko is nothing angry .. roads are looking good though cheesy but not neat angry

From the way ACN addicts talk about Uyo here, i thought there are no slums in Lagos and Fashola is feeding everyone tongue tongue
Re: Holes On A Pedestrian Bridge At Iyana-Oworo In Lagos (pics) by Nobody: 9:11am On May 16, 2013
Wetin 'our yansh' go find on top bridge.. better come back down come climb 'our waist'

1 Like

Re: Holes On A Pedestrian Bridge At Iyana-Oworo In Lagos (pics) by greall1: 9:13am On May 16, 2013
woo i want go eat be right back

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Inauguration Of APGA Governorship Campaign For Soludo In Awka (Photos) / Delta PDP Chieftain, 200 Others Defect To APC / Sanusi Lamido In His Chieftaincy Garb (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.