Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,922 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Holes On A Pedestrian Bridge At Iyana-Oworo In Lagos (pics) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Holes On A Pedestrian Bridge At Iyana-Oworo In Lagos (pics) (14413 Views)

Lagos To Construct Additional Pedestrian Bridge At Ojota / People Who Failed To Use Pedestrian Bridges In Lagos Punished (pics) / Jonathan Commissions The Flyover Bridge At Kundila Roundabout, Kano - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Holes On A Pedestrian Bridge At Iyana-Oworo In Lagos (pics) by bloggernaija: 12:56pm On May 16, 2013
Federal property. Tell them to hand it over to the states;they won't.they need all these abandoned properties to write a budget and steal.
Re: Holes On A Pedestrian Bridge At Iyana-Oworo In Lagos (pics) by OurYansh: 1:31pm On May 16, 2013
watchinglagos:

Can I post this on watchinglagos.com for more publicity?

Please do.....
Re: Holes On A Pedestrian Bridge At Iyana-Oworo In Lagos (pics) by Nobody: 1:34pm On May 16, 2013
You guys are actually helping Lagos State with your 'investigation'. Nigerians getting involved in their democracy...Thank God! The necessary authorities would see it and take care of it wink. While your own states rot. cheesy So go ahead, bring all Lagos state's 'mishaps' to light. lol
I know how bridges used to look like before Fashola came in.
If I'm Fashola I won't take it as a slight, but as a boost to do more. wink

omobabalegba: I live around there. Right at the foot of that bridge is the Federal Ministry of Works Office (see first picture)which is supposed to be responsible for at least checking if not maintaining the bridge. I wonder what job the guys in that place are doing if they cant see something right under their nose. I have personally brought this to their notice and they said they will work on it.

God help us

Good. Nigerians don't know there are bodies responsible for the maintenance of these structures and not the governor per se. But I think the governor also need to hold such ministries to ransom every time they fail in their responsibilities.
Re: Holes On A Pedestrian Bridge At Iyana-Oworo In Lagos (pics) by dafil22(m): 3:14pm On May 16, 2013
Redoil: crossing the road is far more better in lagos only.
rili?
Re: Holes On A Pedestrian Bridge At Iyana-Oworo In Lagos (pics) by Nobody: 3:26pm On May 16, 2013
Fashola is working ni o. grin grin grin
Re: Holes On A Pedestrian Bridge At Iyana-Oworo In Lagos (pics) by VolvoS60(m): 5:02pm On May 16, 2013
Our Yansh:

Between ur two ears is something called a BRAIN. Its meant to be used.

cool

^^^^
While I do not necessarily agree with ALL the views (on this topic as well as others) of the poster you are referring to, he does have a point.

1 Like

Re: Holes On A Pedestrian Bridge At Iyana-Oworo In Lagos (pics) by OurYansh: 5:16pm On May 16, 2013
VolvoS60:

^^^^
While I do not necessarily agree with ALL the views (on this topic as well as others) of the poster you are referring to, he does have a point.

The dude I referred to is a PDP booty slave. The aim of this thread is to bring the attention of well-meaning individuals to the potential danger of that place. All the twerp thinks about is how to discredit Fashola, as if there's anywhere in the world where infrastructural challenges aren't faced.

The guy falls into the category of peeps I slay for a living...

cool

1 Like

Re: Holes On A Pedestrian Bridge At Iyana-Oworo In Lagos (pics) by victorv12(m): 5:38pm On May 16, 2013
What can our leaders give us without it being flawed with corruption?!
The annoying thing about it all, when comparing this bridge to the one they have abroad, and the money used to construct ours, you'll find out that they can construct more bridge and still won't have the beauty of the one they have abroad!!
And the most vexing of it all, the money used in constructing the one abroad may not be as expensive if compare ours. Sic!

1 Like

Re: Holes On A Pedestrian Bridge At Iyana-Oworo In Lagos (pics) by VolvoS60(m): 5:38pm On May 16, 2013
Our Yansh:

The dude I referred to is a PDP booty slave. The aim of this thread is to bring the attention of well-meaning individuals to the potential danger of that place. All the twerp thinks about is how to discredit Fashola, as if there's anywhere in the world where infrastructural challenges aren't faced.

The guy falls into the category of peeps I slay for a living...

cool

^^^^
Again, I will emphasize that while not holding brief for the fellow, he does make some valid points. Not every critic of the Fashola-led ACN administration is a PDP hireling. At least I am not. I think the PDP administration at the centre is a disgrace but I also think the same thing about the Fashola administration.

1 Like

Re: Holes On A Pedestrian Bridge At Iyana-Oworo In Lagos (pics) by OurYansh: 5:48pm On May 16, 2013
VolvoS60:

^^^^
Again, I will emphasize that while not holding brief for the fellow, he does make some valid points. Not every critic of the Fashola-led ACN administration is a PDP hireling. At least I am not. I think the PDP administration at the centre is a disgrace but I also think the same thing about the Fashola administration.

Warrever.....

cool
Re: Holes On A Pedestrian Bridge At Iyana-Oworo In Lagos (pics) by EkoIle1: 5:52pm On May 16, 2013
anonimi:

Please tell me why should we,[s] as Yorubas, limit our comparison to that of the federal government heads in recent times

When [b]we have the glowing example and performance of Obafemi Awolowo who was premier of the Western region for only 6 years (1954-1960) and those of UPN governors who were in power for only 4 years (1979-1983)![/b]

I am almost certain you do not benchmark yourself and your loved ones with the worst performers, rather to the best, isn't it
And we yorubas say that eshin iwaju ohun ni t'eyin nwo sare - race horses are inspired by the leading horse.

That is the essence of the omoluabi principle.[/s]

We where? You are ibo and you don't need the usual coward deceptions to spew your usual vomit...
Re: Holes On A Pedestrian Bridge At Iyana-Oworo In Lagos (pics) by stpat1(m): 10:32pm On May 16, 2013
Well. From the engineering point of view, space is usually left within bridges so allow for thermal expansion. So in this case, it only happens that the cracks were not well contained and have began to expand and wear.
The authorities should do something about it though before it gets out of hand.
Re: Holes On A Pedestrian Bridge At Iyana-Oworo In Lagos (pics) by erne: 6:11am On Feb 03, 2016
We are pleased to introduce to you a new means of POSTER ADVERTISING which serves as a replacement for indiscriminate Poster Pasting/ Distribution in Lagos State.

Our Agency is approved by LASAA and the methods of our operation include Poster on an Aluminum Frame,
to be place inside the walk-way of all pedestrian bridges in Lagos.

Advantages of this mode of Advert:
1. Your Advert reaches your desired audience
2. Wider coverage; Students, women, men, workers, employed and unemployed
3. It is relatively cheap and affordable.
4. Flexible Advert Plans
5. You are on the right side of the law(LASAA)
6. Available on all Pedestrian Bridges in Lagos.

Contact us for more details:
freemacx78@yahoo.com
08139458588, 08053408939

(Quote) (Report) (Like) (Share)

(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over / Targema Takema, Benue SSG Slumps, Battles Stroke / Femi Fani Kayode Remanded In Prison Till July 4th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.