Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:28 AM

Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People - Culture (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People (36295 Views)

"Lightskin" Guys Who Try To Hard To Exude "Blackness" & Dark Skin Uncle Toms / Do You Seriously Think Black People Are Equal To White People In Intelligence? / Lightskin Igbos Aren't A New Concept For Igbo People (our Ancestors Had Them) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by lepasharon(f): 9:47pm On Jun 03, 2013
lool ok.. i mean dark skinned ppl are supposedly true to blackness?
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by AlyricistLaura: 9:50pm On Jun 03, 2013
lepasharon: Since light skinned is supposed to be beautiful?

We aren't?....

You can rep your Dark beauty but we can't rep our Light beauty?...

We are Beautiful.

See it's that crab mentality you are born with....

You feel in order to build darkskin beauty up, you need to tear lightskin beauty down.

Envy

Yes to answer your question..it is very obvious you envy lightskin people.

Royal does not pull punches , I am a pure pugilist

1 Like

Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by AlyricistLaura: 9:52pm On Jun 03, 2013
lepasharon: lool ok.. i mean dark skinned ppl are supposedly true to blackness?

Define blackness....

Phenotype.?~..African Dna......?.......

I can trump you on both.

Pick one.

Define a "black" person
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by AlyricistLaura: 9:58pm On Jun 03, 2013
You would never catch Royal writing no bullshit like that to a teenage Dark girl.

Number #1 because I am attracted to Dark

Number# 2 she is too young to destroy her mental state and endure such trauma at such a young developing state.

Number #3 ....It's Discriminating against someone solely because you may have previous bad experiences with a person of those particular traits
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jun 03, 2013
Alyricist★Laura:

Define blackness....

I can trump you on both.

Pick one.

Define a "black" person

This should be interesting...
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by AlyricistLaura: 10:09pm On Jun 03, 2013
KidStranglehold:

This should be interesting...

That offer stands for anyone.... wink

Blackness has no valid scientific extraction.

It is Political Coding & A Consciousness of Mind.

As a Gold Afro Latino I am every bit as "Black" as all of You.

Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by AlyricistLaura: 10:11pm On Jun 03, 2013
Back to Colorism....

You owe that poor small yellow boy an apology wink
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jun 03, 2013
Alyricist★Laura:

That offer stands for anyone.... wink

Blackness has no valid scientific extraction.

It is Political Coding & A Consciousness of Mind.

As a Gold Afro Latino I am every bit as "Black" as all of You.

Um...Royal. I been saying this for the LONGEST of time.

No doubt you are very much as 'black' as me or anyone else. You're probably 'blacker' than we culturally speaking.
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by lepasharon(f): 10:18pm On Jun 03, 2013
Alyricist★Laura:

We aren't?....

We are Beautiful.

You feel in order to build darkskin beauty up, you need to tear lightskin beauty down.

Envy

Like i said.. my beleif is that in the black community ppl know not to say anything against dark skinned ppl cos it reflects what Willy did,by dividing the light skinned and dark skinned.so such person will be seen as a coon.
Keep in mind that i am not dark. I am in-between.
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by lepasharon(f): 10:19pm On Jun 03, 2013
Alyricist★Laura:

Define blackness....

I can trump you on both.

Pick one.

Define a "black" person

Black with kinky hair
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jun 03, 2013
Um...Royal. I apologize if I derail your thread, but I just want to make your case on the term 'black' much stronger.

Okay...

[img]http://2.bp..com/-7GapuofwI0Y/TrMJi3yYuLI/AAAAAAAAH6A/jhQxQccD_a4/s400/fig4negritos.jpg[/img]

^^^Most people in America would consider the above 'black'. I mean why not? They look it...

They would also believe that those people are from Africa. Well they aren't. Their actually from Southeast Asia and are called the Negritos. Not only that they are genetically DISTANT from Africans or what you may call 'black people', so distant that Europeans are actually more genetically related to Africans than those Negritos.

Those Negritos carry NO African genes what so ever and are actually much closer to their neighboring Asian neighbors. So why is that?

What's funny is that these lovely Dominicans are actually MORE African than those Southeast Asian Negritos would ever will be.

^^^Amazing ain't it? Those Negritos look more 'AFRICAN/BLACK', while those Dominicans don't. Yet those Dominicans are more African than those Negritos.

So what is the true definition of 'black'. The thing is...There is NO definition.

2 Likes

Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by AlyricistLaura: 10:23pm On Jun 03, 2013
lepasharon:

Black with kinky hair

You know what,......lol

If I was to even continue responding to this....it would be more of an indictment on me as oppossed to you.

So Lady ill end with this..

Darkskin Queens are the most beautiful women in the world.

You have very gorgeous nails.....

And Colorism is Wrong.

#NoMoreColorism

~★~

Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jun 03, 2013
lepasharon:

Black with kinky hair

Hmmm....

This Andaman islander man has what you state Black with kinky hair.

Yet he is not related to Africans.

This Khoisan girl does in fact have what you consider kinky hair, but she has extremely light skin and Asian type eyes.

Yet that Khoisan girl is more genetically African than any African on the continent, and including 'blacks' of the diaspora. That Khoisan girl actually belongs a group of the OLDEST Africans.

So again their is no definition for black. ANYONE can be black if you have some African DNA from what I seen.
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by MrsChima1(f): 11:41pm On Jun 03, 2013
The dedintion of black in a cultural perspective is a group that shares similar genetic traits not in totality but in general. A group that could express discrimination from near and far, within the group or outside the group, and can identify commonality regardless of walks in life.

The same thing can be said about whites.
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by Nobody: 2:24am On Jun 04, 2013
Alyricist★Laura:

We aren't?....

We are Beautiful.

Envy

AyE you really crack me up
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jun 04, 2013
Mrs..Chima:
The dedintion of black in a cultural perspective is a group that shares similar genetic traits not in totality but in general. A group that could express discrimination from near and far, within the group or outside the group, and can identify commonality regardless of walks in life.

The same thing can be said about whites.

Interesting...But I think almost ANYONE can can be black, but the same can't be said for white. It seems white is only exclusive to Europeans descent and Iranians...
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by lepasharon(f): 10:05pm On Jun 04, 2013
brown skinn

Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by tpia5: 11:08pm On Jun 04, 2013
That khoisan girl might be partly chinese, her bone structure is asian.
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jun 04, 2013
tpia@:

Well think again...Thats a typical phenotype/characteristic of Khoisan/San due to the environment they live in. Khoisan people carry NO Asian DNA but very ancient African genes and are linked with other Africans like the Hadza.

Not only that, but there is no historic documentations of Chibese/East Asians entering South Africa in large waves. Also Khoisan people being a isolated group further dismisses the theory of mixing with Asians.
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by tpia5: 11:50pm On Jun 04, 2013
^ but are you sure that particular girl isnt mixed.
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by AlyricistLaura: 12:01am On Jun 05, 2013
tpia@:

tpia@:

Mami Tpia, Khoisan East Asian Esque "Chinese" Features
actually Pre Dates East Asians Having Those Features

So Technically, East Asians Look Like Khoisan People, not the other way around.

Jordan Doesn't play Basketball Like Kobe... ~ Kobe Plays Basketball Like Jordan.

1 Like

Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by Nobody: 12:04am On Jun 05, 2013
tpia@:

Like I said before that look is common in the Khoisan population.
[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/194510_khoi1_jpgc8c3916f512146e0f17f9984df03fa51[/img]

Again it is highly unlikely that Khoisan girl is mixed with Asian due to Southern Africa not having a big Asian population and Khoisan people being an isolated group.
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jun 05, 2013
chei laura fine gal no pimple wink
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by tpia5: 2:48am On Jun 06, 2013
Alyricist★Laura:

Mami Tpia, Khoisan East Asian Esque "Chinese" Features
actually Pre Dates East Asians Having Those Features

So Technically, East Asians Look Like Khoisan People, not the other way around.

Jordan Doesn't play Basketball Like Kobe... ~ Kobe Plays Basketball Like Jordan.

do you have any evidence there are no khoisans who are mixed with chinese?

that's my point.
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by tpia5: 2:51am On Jun 06, 2013
KidStranglehold:

Like I said before that look is common in the Khoisan population.

Again it is highly unlikely that Khoisan girl is mixed with Asian due to Southern Africa not having a big Asian population and Khoisan people being an isolated group.

actually, southern africa does have a high number of asians (mostly from malaysia or thereabouts), they also contributed to the colored population.

however, i agree unmixed khoisan have strongly asiatic features (even though they're african), just that the particular girl in question looks decidely chinese.
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jun 06, 2013
tpia@:

actually, southern africa does have a high number of asians (mostly from malaysia or thereabouts), they also contributed to the colored population.

however, i agree unmixed khoisan have strongly asiatic features (even though they're african), just that the particular girl in question looks decidely chinese.

Those people from Malaysia that you speak of are mostly concentrated in Madagascar. Again the girl I posted lives in a isolated area so the chances of mixing with non Khoisans is low.

Yeah agreed, khoisans do have strong Asiatic features. But again just saying that feature the girl has is common in Khoisan people.
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by tpia5: 4:11pm On Jun 06, 2013
^ i do see your point, khoisan features are asian in appearance, not sure why, guess its linked to their long time presence on the continent.
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by tpia5: 4:13pm On Jun 06, 2013
@ royal,

these are the folks on whose behalf you opened this thread, no doubt?

awon sezkilt relations.

they are indeed lightskin and "mixed" black people!
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by Jayvarley(m): 11:27am On Jul 30, 2013
I do not agree with what this woman is doing. However the fact remains the darker you are the bigger your problems!
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by MamiWata: 2:00am On Aug 03, 2013
Man the road to migente.com is that way ------------>

What does any of this afro-latino silliness have to do with Africa? Come to Benin and find out how "black" you really are.
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by Nobody: 1:44pm On Sep 11, 2013
The OP of this thread must be very disturbed and has very low self esteem. But I understand. Years of taking insults must have changed your brain structure.
Btw.. I do not discriminate. Love women of every colour grin
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by thoz: 11:53pm On Sep 11, 2013
The OP should take his grievances to Lipstick alley he would be a hit there and also meet like minded people of his country. Am just making a suggestion!

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

South African Black Females r the Most Refined n elegant Black Girls in d world! / The British-Ijebu War Of 1892 (The Battle Of Imagbon) / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Olu Of Warri (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.