Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,730 members, 7,809,803 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:14 PM

Toyota Highlander Vs Honda CRV - Pls Advise - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Highlander Vs Honda CRV - Pls Advise (6035 Views)

04 Highlander Vs 06 Rav4: Prices? / Benz Vs Honda: Head On Collision! / Highlander Vs Pilot Vs Murano----advice! Advice ! Advice ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Highlander Vs Honda CRV - Pls Advise by Nobody: 2:13pm On May 18, 2013
Pls for the car gurus in the house, i've seen the way you guys analyse cars & i think you can help me here, in trying to decide between Honda CRV & the Toyota Highlander. I personally love suvs, and am a bit confused as to which one of the two to go for. In terms of most advisable model, fuel consumption, general cost of maintenace, & lifespan, pls which would you advise?
Budget: 1.2m - 1.5m
Re: Toyota Highlander Vs Honda CRV - Pls Advise by Okemm(m): 2:15pm On May 18, 2013
For me.....CRV is ok as far as u hv a good maintenance culture..though Highlander uses claims it more rugged..but my CRV never fails me
Re: Toyota Highlander Vs Honda CRV - Pls Advise by Nobody: 2:17pm On May 18, 2013
Okemm: For me.....CRV is ok as far as u hv a good maintenance culture..though Highlander uses claims it more rugged..but my CRV never fails me
Thanx bro. Pls how long hav u had the crv, and what kind of problems does it normally give?
Re: Toyota Highlander Vs Honda CRV - Pls Advise by earthrealm(m): 8:35pm On May 18, 2013
apples and oranges..crv isnt in the same class with highlander...u should compare highlander with honda pilot, crv vs rav4.......

6 Likes

Re: Toyota Highlander Vs Honda CRV - Pls Advise by Nobody: 8:58pm On May 18, 2013
earthrealm: apples and oranges..crv isnt in the same class with highlander...u should compare highlander with honda pilot, crv vs rav4.......

i'm comparing them on the basis that they're both SUVs, like dem both but don't quite know which to go for cos haven't had experience with any of them... So i'm hoping guys who have handled either of them can bail me out
Re: Toyota Highlander Vs Honda CRV - Pls Advise by elektra80: 10:20pm On May 18, 2013
Justosaus:
i'm comparing them on the basis that they're both SUVs, like dem both but don't quite know which to go for cos haven't had experience with any of them... So i'm hoping guys who have handled either of them can bail me out

Earthrealm said it all. This is a stupid comparison... its like comparing a toyota corolla with a honda accord. They are not in the same class at all. So it depends on what u are looking for. With ur budget (1.2-1.5m) you are looking at probably 2001-2003 tokunbo Honda crv. That amount can't get u even a tokunbo 2001 Highlander. A 2001 CRV comes with 2.0L I4 engine while the Highlander comes with a bigger V6 engine. Toyota Highlander is bigger and more spacious, comes with better specs. The Highlander will consume more fuel of course because of the bigger engine, but mind u highlander produces more horsepower than crv. Highlander is also 4x4. So bro it depends on what u are looking for. If u are looking for more power then highlander. Their prices are not even in the same level. You should compare the highlander with honda pilot.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Highlander Vs Honda CRV - Pls Advise by Fogman(m): 8:05am On May 19, 2013
The OP is not coparing both cars side by side per se. He wants to buy either. Lets advice him base on this. OP, your best bet based on your cliteria above especially fuel economy and budget is the Honda CRV.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toyota Highlander Vs Honda CRV - Pls Advise by 50calibre(m): 10:50pm On May 19, 2013
Look up the specs of the both of them, things like weight, top speed, how many miles to the gallon, horse power etc

There you would find the answer you seek.
Re: Toyota Highlander Vs Honda CRV - Pls Advise by Nobody: 2:28pm On May 20, 2013
Fogman: The OP is not coparing both cars side by side per se. He wants to buy either. Lets advice him base on this. OP, your best bet based on your cliteria above especially fuel economy and budget is the Honda CRV.
thanx my bro, its like most of dem don't understand that's why they call it a silly comparison. But thanx @all, i've learnt so much so far.
But wat i don't get is u guys keep implying dat my budget cannot even get me a used Toyota Highlander, even when i've seen several adverts on Nairaland for the Highlander well within dis same budget of 1.2 - 1.5m. Are u indirectly saying i shoud run away from such adverts?!
Re: Toyota Highlander Vs Honda CRV - Pls Advise by RollingFella(m): 3:04pm On May 20, 2013
CR-V comes with a four cylinder engine only. Its fuel consumption is low and its a great SUV. Highlander comes with both a four and six cylinder engines.The four cylinder of the highlander is also fuel efficient and its also a nice SUV. But if you can get a four cylinder highlander,for me,its preferable.i think honda still have not been able to sort out its issues with its transmission systems. And you can get a naija used highlander 2001-2002 for about 1.5m.just make sure your mechanic gets a good look at it before buying.

Justosaus:
thanx my bro, its like most of dem don't understand that's why they call it a silly comparison. But thanx @all, i've learnt so much so far.
But wat i don't get is u guys keep implying dat my budget cannot even get me a used Toyota Highlander, even when i've seen several adverts on Nairaland for the Highlander well within dis same budget of 1.2 - 1.5m. Are u indirectly saying i shoud run away from such adverts?!

1 Like

Re: Toyota Highlander Vs Honda CRV - Pls Advise by Nobody: 8:51pm On May 20, 2013
That's great, didn't know the highlander has a four cylinder model, i think that could just be it for me. Thank u so much.
A friend of mine told me this morning the honda crv usually has a/c problems, pls can anyone help me confirm this?

(1) (Reply)

My Mini 1999 BMW 318i Restoration Project / Car Odometer Measurement Information You Might Not Be Aware Of / Help - My Peugeot 406 Goes While On Motion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.