Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,869 members, 7,817,567 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? (15846 Views)

Poll: Should wives have to submit and obey?

Yes: 79% (39 votes)
No: 20% (10 votes)
This poll has ended

How Many Ladies Can Act Like This Lady If They Catch Their Husbands Cheating? / Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them / Ephesians 5:22: Wives, Submit To Your Husbands As To The Lord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Go Down)

Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by mamaput(f): 8:15pm On Jan 27, 2007
All those pastors that demand things from women they cannot do them selves.
In the days of old women were suffering in silence.
Everheard of the womens liberation.?
But they fought for their freedom. and are still doing so.
I am a woman my blood is warm i am not a zombie.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by layifioren(m): 8:17pm On Jan 27, 2007
ThiefofHearts,
You asked for it and you'll get it. First I said as a Christian you cant talk about marriage without mentioning Christ, Bible etc. That's because I am a Christian and I stated specifically AS A CHRISTIAN. I did not say as an athiest or some other things. Don't come here insulting people all because you don't have anything reasonable to say. Shows the kind of person you are. You cannot carry a simple conversation without making silly comments. I don't know if it's your arrogance or pride or illetracy that is getting the most of you and what does JJC have to do with this? JJC in life or in the Forum?
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by mamaput(f): 8:41pm On Jan 27, 2007
layifioren:

ThiefofHearts,
You asked for it and you'll get it.

Turn the other cheek

layifioren:

@ Seun
Nobody says you should believe in the Bible, it's your choice but if you believe in it and don't do what it says then you are a hypocrite. What are you wondering about?

judge not and you will not be judge.

Did you just call yourself a Christan?
Am not impressed.
Some christans like to lay out the bible to suit them.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:50pm On Jan 27, 2007
cheesy Mamaput

and wetin be "illetracy" lol
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by mamaput(f): 8:54pm On Jan 27, 2007
If a man and a Christian for that matter calls you one then it most be true.
Then he is a man and a Christian.
You , you are only a woman so submitt your self grin grin grin grin
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by goodguy(m): 9:12pm On Jan 27, 2007
Errmm, mamaput, that does not sound like 'judging' to me. cheesy

ThiefOfHearts:

Are you not the same gnat that complained about stereotyping?

Layifioren is totally right about you.  Can't you just pass a comment without even an iota of insult in it?  On every single thread you post, you must insult at least one person.  Na wa for you o!  Besides, you can't tell me that statement is not right about all women.  All women want their men to be "man enough", and the only major way that is determined is how loaded he is.  I am pretty sure you can not go out with, talkess of marry a man who is not "up to your standard" or higher.

I am not stereotyping.  That is a FACT! cool
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:18pm On Jan 27, 2007
goodguy:

Layifioren is totally right about you.  Can't you just pass a comment without an iota of insult in it?  On every single thread you post, you must insult at least one person. Na wa for you o!  Besides, you can't tell me that statement is not right about all women.  All women want their men to be "man enough", and the only major way that is determined is how loaded he is.  I am pretty sure you can not go out with, talkess of marry a man who is not "up to your standard" or higher.

Rofl, is your friend's comment supposed to mean anything to me? Lol I was called an illiterate by someone who can't even spell the word. Hahahaha the irony  cheesy

BTW there's a difference between being up to standard and depending on a person entirely for their money. There's a HUGE difference between a girl deciding to date guys who have a JOB like she does and someone who just picks men based on how much they can shower her.
So please comot yourself with your dumb generalization. Rationalize it all you want but your comment is no better than michelin's so don't bother me

and if my comments are too "mean" and bother you so much, you could always ignore me  wink
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by phoenixman: 9:24pm On Jan 27, 2007
i do not know much about this submission thing.
but i have a question to ask.
is this why women are so afraid of their male counterpart? tongue
and are afraid of their dad. smiley
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by goodguy(m): 9:33pm On Jan 27, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

BTW there's a difference between being up to standard and depending on a person entirely for their money. There's a HUGE difference between a girl deciding to date guys who have a JOB like she does and someone who just picks men based on how much they can shower her.

You're only confirming what I said earlier.  If you were not so quick to attack goodguy's post, you'd have seen where he was coming from.

I did not imply in anyway that women depend totally on men for money.  What I mean is, every woman believes and expects that the man should always do more of the spending, and that they will only support where/when necessary.

ThiefOfHearts:

So please comot yourself with your dumb generalization. Rationalize it all you want but your comment is no better than michelin's so don't bother me

Na real 'wah' for you! O really ga lara e gan. I don't blame you at all. It's in your blood. grin

ThiefOfHearts:

and if my comments are too "mean" and bother you so much, you could always ignore me  wink

Actually, it should be this:  If you know you cannot but insult people for posting their opinions, why don't you just refrain from responding to them?
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by mamaput(f): 9:36pm On Jan 27, 2007
But Good guy you too are generalizing.
We have a lot of house men today.
And there are also many cases were the woman has more money than the man.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by layifioren(m): 9:37pm On Jan 27, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

cheesy Mamaput

and wetin be "illetracy" lol

@ThiefofHearts,
Does a typo amaze you?

@ Mamaput,
Judging; saying a Christian that does not follow the Bible is a hypocrite? By the way, you still haven't answered the question. In case you missed it, are you married? I'm not and I'll just like you to share some of your personnal experiences on this topic if you are married. They say knowledge is power.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by goodguy(m): 9:43pm On Jan 27, 2007
mamaput:

But Good guy you too are generalizing.
We have a lot of house men today.
And there are also many cases were the woman has more money than the man.

Okay mamaput, I accept I was generalising. And thanks for enlightening me. But I believe those women are not totally comfortable with that idea themselves. Somehow, somewhere, they feel odd -- even if they don't let it out, deep down inside them, only them know what's going on.

Now, this is what I call a civil response. Even though she disagrees, she didn't insult me. ToH, learn from mamaput! cool
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by mamaput(f): 9:43pm On Jan 27, 2007
I was married for 10 years.Then I filed for divorce.
Any decision taken was taken together sometimes we make compromises.
But any right my husband alloted to himself, i had the same right.
We Trusted each other thats the basic for a relationship.Trust.
The Trust that  he has my intrest at heart and i his.
He needed time out to chill. so he will go out on his own.
I needed time out tochill so i will go out on my own. DISCO included.
I make no demands he made non too.
Well i did make some When it came to family matters because he sometimes got carried away and forgot he had kids.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by layifioren(m): 9:46pm On Jan 27, 2007
Thanks Mamaput
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:01pm On Jan 27, 2007
goodguy:

You're only confirming what I said earlier. If you were not so quick to attack goodguy's post, you'd have seen where he was coming from.

I did not imply in anyway that women depend totally on men for money. What I mean is, every woman believes and expects that the man should always do more of the spending, and that they will only support where/when necessary.

I will still attack this post cos you are still saying the same thing Im against but Im not in the mood anymore to make you see my point so im gonna let it slide

as for your last comment, I will respond to whomever I feel like responding to. If they are quick to be offended by my responses then they should stay away from me and my posts and quit complaining constantly like it's gonna chnage anything cos it's not smiley
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:03pm On Jan 27, 2007
mamaput:

Well i did make some When it came to family matters because he sometimes got carried away and forgot he had kids.

Hmm that sucks.

and i wonder why goodguy now believes he was generalizing.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by mamaput(f): 10:06pm On Jan 27, 2007
Well@ Good guy you have a point.
We tried that too . I was working at the airport good money horrible hours.
from 4 am to 13 00.
At 3 am  you have the road to yourself and lots of time to think.
Snowstorm or beautiful sunraise, i asked myself often enough "What the hell am i doing on the road at this time of the day i want to be home in bed waking up with my kids.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by goodguy(m): 10:14pm On Jan 27, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

I will still attack this post

Madam, you've been attacking the poster, not the post.

ThiefOfHearts:

because you are still saying the same thing I'm against but I'm not in the mood anymore to make you see my point so im going to let it slide

You know I am saying the truth.  Don't worry, you have have to admit it openly, okay? wink

ThiefOfHearts:

as for your last comment, I will respond to whomever I feel like responding to.

Respond to whomever you feel like responding to -- I have no problems with that at all.  But when your rejoinders begin to have elements of insults in them, then something needs to be done about that.

ThiefOfHearts:

If they are quick to be offended by my responses then they should stay away from me and my posts and quit complaining constantly like it's going to chnage anything because it's not smiley

Don't be stiff-necked.  Change! Change Toyin!  Change!! tongue  This attitude of yours will get you no where, I dey tell you.  When your responses are so full of insults, or contain a bit of it, how do expect people not to take offence in it?  How will you feel if I constantly use all the synonyms of "mad" to refer to you simply because I do not agree with you?  Think again girl, because THAT is what YOU do 98% of the time.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by goodguy(m): 10:16pm On Jan 27, 2007
mamaput, you see? grin Thanks for being honest anyway. wink
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by mamaput(f): 10:18pm On Jan 27, 2007
Well if i were a politician i will not be asking myself anything. grin grin
Thats on a regular job
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:21pm On Jan 27, 2007
Yea you are so right that's why you apologized to Mamaput. *rolls eyes*

goodguy:

Change!

Make me.

anyway since the topic is obvious not being discussed. I'll be on my merry way smiley
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by NiteAngel(m): 10:24pm On Jan 27, 2007
The Bible did ask women to submit and the same Bible asked men to honour their wives. If you check the definition of honour in a good dictionary, you'll see that it means "higher form of respect". Invariably God is asking for mutual submission and respect. In my opinion that works. Respect begets respect; if you treat me well, I'll be a fool not to reciprocate.

But if we want to go it the way of the world we can simply conclude that if men are heads, women are necks, they may choose to take the head on a roller coster, nut cracking ride!
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by goodguy(m): 10:30pm On Jan 27, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

and i wonder why goodguy now believes he was generalizing.

I still don't believe I was generalising.  I only 'accepted' for the sake of argument. grin
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jan 27, 2007
Don't be stiff-necked.  Change! Change Toyin!  Change!!   This attitude of yours will get you no where, I dey tell you.  When your responses are so full of insults, or contain a bit of it, how do expect people not to take offence in it?  How will you feel if I constantly use all the synonyms of "mad" to refer to you simply because I do not agree with you?  Think again girl, because THAT is what YOU do 98% of the time.

Excellent piece of advice,many have pointed that out in several threads.
An attitude like this will reflect every where,workplace,amongst friends and will repel people from you.
It takes less effort to be nice and cordial especially when there's absolutely no need for nastiness.

Mark this somewhere,life would be a miserable one if the change does not occur.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by mamaput(f): 10:53am On Jan 28, 2007
Well if i had been a no say submissive wife.Maybe my kids would have been soaking Garri and going to school in rags.
Because my Husband liked to go blindly into stupidBusiness ventures.
And even if someone had a shield carring 419 he would not have seen it.
The first time it cost us over 21 ,000 because he would not listen. And i did not really put my foot down.
The second time it cost us nothing because i really put my foot down and hard.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by venusmaze: 11:47am On Jan 28, 2007
Each to their own personal experiences in marriage, saying that, i still believe many go wrong when they refuse to submit to their husbands. This does not mean being a door mat, i have said it before many women lack the ability to get what they want in a marriage in a way that is dignified and commands respect from your husband. If you are a good wife, you will bring out a good husband in your man. I may not be as old as many married people in here but i have learned a great deal from my home growing up, i saw how my mother was a fantastic home builder, yet she had a career as an accountant. I never once heard her raise her voice to my father, she was not docile, far from it, but her ways yielded respect and my father never did anything without consulting her.

I know not all of us are fortunate to have such a start in life or have a man that is approachable, but men are not made of stone, there are ways of getting what you want, let the man play his role and show that you are his support and you will find him responding to you. Sorry but too many women get it so wrong, i have to blame the women here because, many are engaged in power struggles with their husbands for roles which are not naturally theirs. ''MISSINDEPENDENCE'' gets you no where those who say it does are lying to themselves and making life harder than it should be. ( those in violent marriages are a different case . Here i will run for dear life)
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by mamaput(f): 12:06pm On Jan 28, 2007
Bring out a good husband in my man??
do not make me laugh.

To do that then i will have had to be the one that raised him not his mother.
The reason that marrages do not work out is because Women today have a choice, they are no more slaves in their husbands houses suffering in silence.
i hope you let me know what you mean by 'MISSINDEPENDENCE''.
I was frer born in my fathers house.My father told me he raised me and made me what i am . any man i get married to got me ready made he dose not own me.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:42pm On Jan 28, 2007
quit derailing the thread with patronizing comments, babyosisi. who's the one that started the mudslinging in mukina's recent thread?

anyway I'm fine, E. Just restless and can't find anything entertaining. just the same old boring arguments

I would say "arsenal and who" but I don't want to completely remove this thread off its course. lol  tongue
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by Eurphoria(f): 6:45pm On Jan 28, 2007
lma hehehe do not do that lol . When i am bored i come here and i am guaranteed excitement ----------NOT
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by Eurphoria(f): 6:46pm On Jan 28, 2007
so girl what say you regarding this matter? To submit or not to submit?
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:51pm On Jan 28, 2007
define submit tongue
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by Seun(m): 6:53pm On Jan 28, 2007
To "submit" is to believe you have to do whatever your husband tells you to do even when you disagree with it.

To "submit" is to treat your husband as a superior: kneeling down, saying "yes sir" when he barks out an order, etc.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11)

Orphanages In Nigeria. / Marital Agreement / Contract / Getting Married To A Widower

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.