Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. (25930 Views)

5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? / Attention All Unemployed Graduates / A Must Consider By All Unemployed Youth. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by stolenstone: 1:45pm On May 20, 2013
another scam project from the over-hyped Imo state governor
Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by premlove(m): 1:45pm On May 20, 2013
emekatimsu: "Gov Rochas to pay all unemployed Imo state graduates monthly allowances"
All roads will lead to Heroes square new Owerri
tomorrow as Gov. Rochas Okorocha OON will flag off a scheme that will be responsible for the payment of Allowances to all unemployed Imo state graduates until they secure a job. All Unemployed Imo graduates are expected to be at d heros square tomorrw(20/05/2013) for documentation.. Come with ur cv, local govt identification letter,two passport and letter from autonomous community leader.
Trully, Imo must be better!
twenty thounsand na money
Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by Fhemmmy: 1:46pm On May 20, 2013
emekatimsu: "Gov Rochas to pay all unemployed Imo state graduates monthly allowances"
All roads will lead to Heroes square new Owerri
tomorrow as Gov. Rochas Okorocha OON will flag off a scheme that will be responsible for the payment of Allowances to all unemployed Imo state graduates until they secure a job. All Unemployed Imo graduates are expected to be at d heros square tomorrw(20/05/2013) for documentation.. Come with ur cv, local govt identification letter,two passport and letter from autonomous community leader.
Trully, Imo must be better!

Nice one, but there has to be some check and balance to make sure that while they are on such allowances (Social assistance) they are doing something to at least be able to find a job and not just sit on such payment, cos there are disadvantages that comes with it as well.
Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by Nobody: 1:46pm On May 20, 2013
Afam4eva: Pay them for what? He should get them engaged and pay them rather than dash them money for no work done.
Very true, wen u start teaching dem hw 2 get paid without work, u re raising a doom n fail 2morrows leader.
This is not actually a solution, but planting evil seed in d land with great future consequences. [size=14pt]This is wat led 2 militancy in bayelsa[/size], where izon(ijaw) youth were paid by big oil firm in bayelsa without working 4 it.
Free is good, but also dangerous
Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by nerodenero: 1:46pm On May 20, 2013
How will Imo Government ascertain whether a graduate is employed or not?
Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by informatix: 1:48pm On May 20, 2013
Please where my is Imo State Indegeneship Certificate. Let me undust it and go to owerri.
Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 20, 2013
I have told you all that; this is the man to lead Nigeria to the promise land. I am Yoruba and I believe Governor Rochas will make a better President than the cameleon and opportunist we have now in Jonathan. Rocha is our best bet.

Show your support for Rochas in this link: https://www.nairaland.com/1293658/igbos-vote-governor-rochas-owelle

2 Likes

Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by lacasa: 1:49pm On May 20, 2013
Social security smiley

Rochas, the only igbo governor that makes sense.

#.. Nice one smiley

1 Like

Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by informatix: 1:49pm On May 20, 2013
nerodenero: How will Imo Government ascertain whether a graduate is employed or not?
from National bereau of statistics.looooool.
Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by informatix: 1:51pm On May 20, 2013
he has put his sucessor in HOT soup.
Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by Hoodrat(m): 1:53pm On May 20, 2013
babe_online:
Its you that should use your brain to think. In how many places in the world do they pay jobless people?

From your post one can tell you don't get out much, in every developed country social security goes a long way in improving the lives of the unemployed and frustrated souls, an hungry man is an angry man. Nice move by the Governor i hope other states can follow suit to help improve our social system so the youth can thrive and be motivated to do something meaningful by creating employment for their selves with the little they receive from the government because this is how a country develop.

1 Like

Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by lumeneng22: 1:54pm On May 20, 2013
Afam4eva: Pay them for what? He should get them engaged and pay them rather than dash them money for no work done.
.Is better sir, so that they dont go into ritual killings, kidnapping, armd robbery and prostitution.
Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by Karleb(m): 1:54pm On May 20, 2013
All i see is a governor who's trying to encourage... and better still, patronize laziness.

1 Like

Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by zolajpower: 1:55pm On May 20, 2013
AFAMAKO(AFAM) LIKE THE NAME IMPLY PPLE LIKE YOU WILL BE WORSE OF IF IN POWER. HITLER LIKE HUMAN BEING

1 Like

Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by Nobody: 1:55pm On May 20, 2013
lacasa: Social security smiley

Rochas, the only igbo governor that makes sense.

#.. Nice one smiley

No wonder he left PDP. It is a step in the right directions but I hope it will be properly implemented. First thing is that these graduates must show that they are searching for jobs but haven't found one. The intent is not to pay lazy jobless people but to pay hardworking people who have not found work.

However, this still does not solve the bigger problem of job creation. Rochas needs to make his state more condusive for private investors to bring and create jobs in Imo State. That is where the real work is. Having said all of this, Rochas is definitely one of the best five governors in Nigeria.
Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by visalo: 1:56pm On May 20, 2013
Rochas that is yet to pay workers salary, want to pay undergraduate? apc politics
Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by dplomaticVal: 2:00pm On May 20, 2013

which other way do u expct hm 2 engage all of them @ 1ce, is it 2 employ the female graduates as his cooks n d male ones as his body guards b4 they cn rcv dia dividend of democracy??...msww angry

1 Like

Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by olaezebala: 2:02pm On May 20, 2013
correct initiative but giving a man fish to is eat aint as good as teaching him how to fish
Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by pasqal09: 2:02pm On May 20, 2013
Where dis man de get all dis money from?
Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by Afam4eva(m): 2:05pm On May 20, 2013
zolajpower: AFAMAKO(AFAM) LIKE THE NAME IMPLY PPLE LIKE YOU WILL BE WORSE OF IF IN POWER. HITLER LIKE HUMAN BEING

dplomaticVal:
which other way do u expct hm 2 engage all of them @ 1ce, is it 2 employ the female graduates as his cooks n d male ones as his body guards b4 they cn rcv dia dividend of democracy??...msww angry
It's cannot be sustained. What will happen when a new governor enters and decides not to continue. Isn't it better to create job opportunities that will remain long after Rochas has left office.
Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 20, 2013
Good move by the Governor if it can be well managed. Watch as crime reduces in that state.
Until the Government recognises that everyone should have access to food and shelter whether they are employed or not, Nigeria will continue to suffer from armed robbery, kidnappers, ritualists etc.

An hungry man is an angry man!
Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by Chillypelly(m): 2:05pm On May 20, 2013
Another news from the propaganda box of the rescuer. Soon he will pay native doctors, dislodged love pedders and chief priests... My state needs true leaders.
Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by Airforce1(m): 2:05pm On May 20, 2013
babe_online:
interesting. And its is indeed done in some parts of the world.

Please madam, if u know u don't have anything reasonable to contribute just click on the Like button and take a walk instead of making a fooool of yourself n here
..Thanks!

@Topic,
Weldone Gov Rochas .. May God continue to bless u and my Imo brothers and sisters... Amen!

1 Like

Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by Picomon(m): 2:06pm On May 20, 2013
babe_online:
Its you that should use your brain to think. In how many places in the world do they pay jobless people?

Abeg change that username to babe_offline bcoz u know jah at all. You just de-rep yourself.

@OP Nice move. I pray this stuff last!

1 Like

Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by sureway1(m): 2:07pm On May 20, 2013
So most NL are unemployed see everywhere don full because of awuf....
Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by Fhemmmy: 2:09pm On May 20, 2013
babe_online:

There are different reason that could make a man/woman be jobless in Nigeria and i would rather use the word unemployed for people that are looking but could not find . . . . In Nigeria, there are millions that are unemployed cos there are no jobs and knows no one to help them, yet they are willing to work.
Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by Nobody: 2:11pm On May 20, 2013
Vindicated! I'm a yoruba, yet i believe so much in rochas/buhari ticket come 2015, props!

1 Like

Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by tit(f): 2:12pm On May 20, 2013
Hi All,
The United States does not pay 'unemployed graduates' or any kind of 'unemployed' nada!
However, when you are employed, you contribute to the unemployment benefit scheme.
This contribution is used to take care of unemployed workers. And what you take out of it depends on how long you have worked and how much you earned and contributed to the scheme.
If/when you get laid off, (or for some qualifying reasons become unemployed), you are eligible to cash in on unemployment benefits.
if you just quit your job or for your direct fault(like steal in the workplace), lose your job, you do not qualify.

if you never worked, you cannot benefit from this scheme.

What Rochas is proposing is unsustainable, idiotic and, worst of all, communist!

2 Likes

Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by dbride: 2:12pm On May 20, 2013

Would you rather they become criminals? Whatever they are going to be paid will not really sustain them so the desire to secure a job or become an entrepreneur will always be there. The problem will be how to know when a beneficiary secures a job to disqualify him from further payment.
Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by Sunnycliff(m): 2:12pm On May 20, 2013
kross_01:
It is true what the OP posted. I came into owerri today and i saw a banner to that effect boldly hung at the wall of rockview hotel(entrance towards the guvnor's house). My only reservation with this is that truth be told rochas most times dont think through thoroughly b4 he makes pronouncement. within the first few months of his administration he gave #50 to primary school pupils today it is abandoned.he pronounced free education to tertiary level, today the pronouncement is causing more problems than solution in imo state. He promised corp members 10k monthly allocation each, they are still asking for it. Earlier this year he tried a similar thing to what he's about doing now by engaging the graduates in practical survey trainings with a promise of job placement at the end of the training, i guess that one have also been abandoned. Now this one. Just pray he sustains one

At times our biased mind blinds us from the truth. Rochas is not among the list of our politicians who enjoy abandoned projects. I bet you non of his projects ongoing in Imo presently has suffered abandonment. The School stipends for Imo school children in primary and secondary is still on. Two weeks ago, it was paid; 300 for primary and 500 for secondary students. The Imo Youth Engineer Corps is still in progress, with the youths attached to construction firms carrying on the different infrastructuraal constructions across the state. At the flag off of the unemployed graduates scheme today at the Heroes Square, it is a right step in the right direction. Lets be constructive in our criticisms. Long Live my Imo State

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Got An Invite From Workforce / Scam Mail From Omas Recruitment Agency (my Response And Theirs Too) / Nampak Cartons Nigeria Ltd Management Trainee Recruitment, September 10th 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.