Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

Subsidy Thieves Own Most Private-Jets – Falana - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Thieves Own Most Private-Jets – Falana (7335 Views)

EFCC Set To Commence Prosecution Of Subsidy Thieves / I Will Catch Subsidy Thieves In One Week.- Ribadu / I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Subsidy Thieves Own Most Private-Jets – Falana by skyfall: 10:03pm On May 19, 2013
A human rights lawyer, Mr. Femi Falana, has said oil subsidy fund thieves own most of the 150 private jets in Nigeria.

He also said corruption had been encouraged by the ill-advice Nigeria had taken from the International Monetary Fund.

“I hope the Jonathan regime will have the courage to ask the IMF to name one country that has succeeded after implementing its anti-people’s prescriptions. There is no success story anywhere in the world,” Falana stated.

While reacting to IMF’s recent call for the removal of fuel subsidy in an electronic mail to our correspondent, Falana said the organisation had ill-advised the Nigerian government not to build refineries.

IMF had urged the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan to remove subsidy completely to ensure fiscal adjustment.

Senior Resident Representative/Mission Chief of IMF in the country, Mr. Williams Rogers, recently insisted that the removal became necessary for planned savings in recurrent spending. He stated that Nigeria required public sector reforms.

Rogers also recommended that the Federal Government should mobilise non-oil revenues and strengthen oil-price rule and oil savings mechanism, while pushing for the maintenance of a tight monetary policy.

Falana, however, said, “Let the IMF be honest to tell Nigerians the cost of producing a litre of oil. You will be shocked. The IMF advised the government not to build new refineries, as part of the package of fraud to destroy the economy, even when it knew that the country needed to generate huge revenue from the sale of petrol refined locally.

“As the government needed to import fuel to augment local consumption, it enriched its cronies who engaged in fraudulent importation of fuel through fake mother and daughter vessels. Most of the 150 private jets in the country today are owned by fraudulent fuel importers.

“Last year, the IMF and its local lackeys claimed that the economy would collapse if petrol was not sold at N141 per litre. But with massive strikes and protests, the price was reduced to N97. Did the economy collapse? These are voodoo economists.”

Falana said IMF should have probed the foreign accounts where stolen funds are kept, including about $7bn made by oil thieves from the illegal business of selling stolen crude oil on the high seas.

He further alleged that the Federal Government had refused to reconstitute the Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency “in order to sustain the fraud.”

The Senior Advocate of Nigeria accused successive presidents from the ruling Peoples Democratic Party of being responsible for the irregularities in the petroleum sector. He queried the basis for the establishment of Subsidy Re-investment and Empowerment Programme.

He said while the highest lending interest rate in the West was between three and five per cent, the IMF had allegedly insisted that it should be over 20 per cent in Africa. He added that the IMF and the World Bank allegedly conspired to impose the Structural Adjustment Programme on the economies of African countries in the 1980s.

http://www.punchng.com/news/subsidy-thieves-own-most-private-jets-falana/

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Thieves Own Most Private-Jets – Falana by AtheistD(m): 10:13pm On May 19, 2013
I thought the prosperity pastors were the main owners of jets tongue
Re: Subsidy Thieves Own Most Private-Jets – Falana by fpeter(f): 9:10am On May 21, 2013
it is well
Re: Subsidy Thieves Own Most Private-Jets – Falana by fitzmayowa: 9:10am On May 21, 2013
Before nko

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Thieves Own Most Private-Jets – Falana by Nobody: 9:10am On May 21, 2013
Yes we name them thieves publicly more like public apraisal...
Re: Subsidy Thieves Own Most Private-Jets – Falana by Nobody: 9:12am On May 21, 2013
This is disheartening.

There aint to real fight against corruption in this country.
Re: Subsidy Thieves Own Most Private-Jets – Falana by emma26(m): 9:13am On May 21, 2013
Dt nt new...
Re: Subsidy Thieves Own Most Private-Jets – Falana by Freiburger(m): 9:13am On May 21, 2013
Who is not a thief? The one who hasn't got the slightest opportunity?
Re: Subsidy Thieves Own Most Private-Jets – Falana by Nobody: 9:13am On May 21, 2013
True!

con pastors also own most private jets.
Re: Subsidy Thieves Own Most Private-Jets – Falana by SincereBigot: 9:14am On May 21, 2013
Are u refering to the man with 4 of them.. Oh! I forgot..

He's a pastor.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Thieves Own Most Private-Jets – Falana by Nobody: 9:15am On May 21, 2013
Atheist:-D:
There's a link. Ibru. The other RCCG guy. They're all in the same boat..

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Thieves Own Most Private-Jets – Falana by Moshkom(m): 9:18am On May 21, 2013
Tho wat we gats do now.. NOTHING!
Dey shld continue wif d steal'n cos GOD DEY!
Re: Subsidy Thieves Own Most Private-Jets – Falana by Nobody: 9:21am On May 21, 2013
Lemme call the cheat guy first.
Re: Subsidy Thieves Own Most Private-Jets – Falana by fallingsky(m): 9:23am On May 21, 2013
Why must we always do wat IMF nd WORLD BANK proposed. Time without number, they have proven that their policies nd programme are not in the interests of Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Thieves Own Most Private-Jets – Falana by dridowu: 9:27am On May 21, 2013
IMF and World bank, putting us into modern slave trade

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Thieves Own Most Private-Jets – Falana by fallingsky(m): 9:28am On May 21, 2013

I thought so too. Well Politicians nd Pastors are the same.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Thieves Own Most Private-Jets – Falana by Fajzay: 9:49am On May 21, 2013

That is what ignorance / misinformation can do to a man. The private jets owned by Nigerian Pastors isn't more than 6. Yet there are still 144 others out there with majority of it bought by the tax me and u pay, yet we turn a blind eye to it and chase the 6.
Re: Subsidy Thieves Own Most Private-Jets – Falana by Lilimax(f): 9:55am On May 21, 2013
fallingsky:

I thought so too. Well Politicians nd Pastors are the same.
Seems you need help.
Re: Subsidy Thieves Own Most Private-Jets – Falana by lain: 10:07am On May 21, 2013
Any advice from the west to africans should be discarded, imf, world bank, london club, paris club etc are institutions set up by the west to plunder, exploit and stagnate the resources of African countries..

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Thieves Own Most Private-Jets – Falana by Nobody: 10:25am On May 21, 2013

The fact is that only few Nigerian Pastors can afford a private jet, the problem had been that those few ones have been very flamboyant about it, while refusing to disclose their source(s) of income that could guarantee purchasing a private aircraft.
Re: Subsidy Thieves Own Most Private-Jets – Falana by Nobody: 11:03am On May 21, 2013
Abegi go siddon FALANA ....were you not one those who protested against subsidy removal...They have finally removed you from their pay list now they are thieves....
Re: Subsidy Thieves Own Most Private-Jets – Falana by dare2think: 11:11am On May 21, 2013
SUBSIDY THIEVES AND RELIGIOUS THIEVES
Re: Subsidy Thieves Own Most Private-Jets – Falana by coretechng(m): 11:23am On May 21, 2013
Wetin concern you. grin grin grin ;DJust kidding though.

Re: Subsidy Thieves Own Most Private-Jets – Falana by RickyRoss1(m): 11:54am On May 21, 2013
Hmm, Odikwa serious
Re: Subsidy Thieves Own Most Private-Jets – Falana by ddeola: 12:04pm On May 21, 2013
Tell them, thieves are flying while the legitimate are trekking. This is corruption of the highest order
Re: Subsidy Thieves Own Most Private-Jets – Falana by Haslad(m): 12:19pm On May 21, 2013
TRUE TALK
Re: Subsidy Thieves Own Most Private-Jets – Falana by angelz(f): 12:29pm On May 21, 2013
The fastest means of making money is religion n politics.
So don't be surprise if pastors n thieves in govt own jets.

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Thieves Own Most Private-Jets – Falana by coputa(m): 1:52pm On May 21, 2013
Our major problem in Nigeria now is Ngozi Okonjo wahala sorry iweala..she's acting as a stooge for her master (the world bank) imagine such a person at the apex financial position in Nigeria,she will make sure all the IMf obnoxious and wicked regime are forced on Nigerians...she was reported to have paid money in excess of millions of dollars into the world bank account,when we were servicing our debt.....she also said Nigeria will collapse if fuel subsidy is not removed..now that she has succeeded in adding more loads to the burdens of Nigerians,can she please come out to address us on what they have done wth the proceeds ....she will sit in Abuja and start telling us how the economy has grown by 10 percent,bla,bla,bla....

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Thieves Own Most Private-Jets – Falana by ozodimgba(m): 9:24pm On May 21, 2013
I thought presido said he will prosecute these theeves, what is still holding him? Where is Othee Dolllllaar and Ifyanyi Ubaaaa? The later is even vying for the sit of governor in one of the states and the citizens will stuipitly vote for him. Presidow we are still waiting.

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Denies Describing Anambra Election As Free & Fair / E-money Kicks off Billion Naira Governorship Campaign In Anambra State / Buhari To Nigerians: Celebrate Our Armed Forces With Pride

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.