Stats: 3,194,186 members, 7,953,672 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:27 PM

I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu (13592 Views)

Fish Out Those Behind Plot To Kill Ekweremadu, Ohaneze Youths Tell IGP / EFCC Set To Commence Prosecution Of Subsidy Thieves / Subsidy Thieves Own Most Private-Jets – Falana (2) (3) (4)

I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by OAM4J: 8:34pm On Jul 10, 2012
The former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Malam Nuhu Ribadu, on Tuesday boasted that he will fish out the petroleum subsidy thieves within one week if given the task by the Federal Government.

He blamed the Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency for all the atrocities perpetrated in the management of the fund, saying the agency released the funds and did not account for it.

He submitted that as an intelligent chief he would simply check their letters of credit and bill of landing to bring all those who benefited from the subsidy to justice.

Ribadu, who spoke at the Nigeria Electricity Regulatory Commission in Abuja, said all the regulatory irregularities in Nigeria are due to “leadership failure.”

His words: “Look at the energy sector and see what we are talking about. Most of the problems we are talking about today are failure of regulation or regulators including the subsidy. If PPPRA had lived up to expectations we would not be having these problems. Nobody will take one penny from government if those agencies did not allow them.

“If I was to handle this subsidy I will just catch PPPRA. I will bring out each one of them and in one week I will get the people responsible because the gate keeper is the one in charge.

“I will just get them because nobody will make one penny from the subsidy unless PPPRA allows it. For every single person that benefited from subsidy I can assure you public officers gained three times,” Ribadu stated.

He added that the NERC Chairman, Dr. Sam Amadi, needs “courage” to carry out the reform in the power sector.

[url=http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/53359-i%E2%80%99ll-fish-out-subsidy-thieves-within-one-week-ribadu.html#.T_xwSXx0FeI.facebook]Source[/url]

Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by nduchucks: 8:40pm On Jul 10, 2012
This gentleman just dared the federal government to do the right thing. We are watching.
Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by OAM4J: 8:43pm On Jul 10, 2012
What has he been doing all these while?

where is the result of the job he and his committee were already asked to do?

He was given 60 days to complete the job, it's more than 120 days already yet no report.

Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by Kobojunkie: 8:43pm On Jul 10, 2012
Finally? More than 90 days(I believe) after the real deadline promised, he will deliver something.

Oh wait, I think this is not him saying his report will be ready next week!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by otokx(m): 8:49pm On Jul 10, 2012
Tough talk
Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by wesley80(m): 8:50pm On Jul 10, 2012
This is where I have a problem with Ribadu; The Mallam talks too much. Why not face your own task b4 telling us what you'll do over a task you weren't given when the entire nation is eagerly awaiting the report of your own task? Haba Mallam!
Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by fredoooooo: 8:51pm On Jul 10, 2012
june don pass even oga jona no fit conquare boko haram now ribadu only 7 days ....I laugh in ebora owu grin grin grin grin grin

Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jul 10, 2012
Lmao! I laf in heiroglyphics and cuneiform

Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by mankand(m): 8:53pm On Jul 10, 2012
A journey without shoes Season 2
Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by gegee(m): 8:55pm On Jul 10, 2012
Sey ein wan go take ein own share of bribe money.....rubbish
Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by baslone: 8:57pm On Jul 10, 2012
grin̶̲̥̅̊ ♈ε̲̣̣̣̥s, time for GEJ τ̲̅ȍ do what he knows best- another commitee.
Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by alaoeri: 8:59pm On Jul 10, 2012
Abeg who's talking undecided
Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by slowice(m): 9:00pm On Jul 10, 2012
ribadu, ribadu ribadu...wen u were EFCC chairman wot did u achieve...if u re out of job jst beg for one openly abi u wan go collect d one farouk remain
Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by tinkinjo: 9:00pm On Jul 10, 2012
...waiting.
Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by MrGlobe(m): 9:01pm On Jul 10, 2012
Fish them out and they will do you Farouk dirty. By the way Diezanni A Madueke must lead the thieves or we take this as another abracadabra
Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 10, 2012
Nothing like a bit of friendly-fire while setting the cat among the pigeons grin

Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by horny4u(f): 9:05pm On Jul 10, 2012
Since Lawan broke my heart I cann't believe any of the talk gooders.

Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by osolomio: 9:06pm On Jul 10, 2012
I wish FG will really engage Ribadu!
Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by Mandelaguy(m): 9:07pm On Jul 10, 2012
If every one of you is told to name corrupt Nigerians you have known,I bet RIbadu will not be on most of your lists and for some die hard critics,he will be on the back page......most of you making noise on this thread cannot stand beside him in the council of people with clean hands. The man has said what he believes he can do and Nigerians should not doubt him,he has a track record and non of your paymasters can hold a light to him.

Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 10, 2012
Fishing out thieves are not the problem.

Punishing them is the problem.

After all we all know the 2 biggest thieves Obasanjo and IBB, but they are walking around free men.

Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by bola4dprec(m): 9:14pm On Jul 10, 2012
Ribadu’s achievements in the EFCC included the
de-listing of Nigeria from the FATF List of Non- Cooperative Countries & Territories, admission
into the prestigious Egmont Group and the withdrawal of the US Treasury FINCEN Advisory on Nigeria. They helped make the EFCC the foremost
Anti-Corruption Enforcement Agency on the
continent, cementing Ribadu's reputation in the
world as a respected anti-corruption crusader. Nuhu Ribadu's evidence helped prosecute foreign
businesses who offered bribes while doing business in Nigeria.
Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by idirect(m): 9:17pm On Jul 10, 2012
And so God help you
Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by wesley80(m): 9:18pm On Jul 10, 2012
Mandelaguy: If every one of you is told to name corrupt Nigerians you have known,I bet RIbadu will not be on most of your lists and for some die hard critics,he will be on the back page......most of you making noise on this thread cannot stand beside him in the council of people with clean hands. The man has said what he believes he can do and Nigerians should not doubt him,he has a track record and non of your paymasters can hold a light to him.

What he can or can't do isn't the issue here, we very well know his abilities and that's why he was given a task which is already weeks late and counting. So why on earth would he start boasting about his ability to complete someone else's task in a week when he's not done with his? in saying he can do this in a week what's he implying when some other committee has been on it for a number of weeks now? Have u seen sense now or are u still thinking like the talkative Mallam?

Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 10, 2012
Haba Ribadu! Ko gbadu oo.. Ogini kwanu? U haven't been able to kill the adder with a gun, u r boasting that u can strangle a python with ur bare hands?! U don drink "kindirimu" ne?

Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by bola4dprec(m): 9:21pm On Jul 10, 2012
bola4dprec: Ribadu’s achievements in the EFCC included the
de-listing of Nigeria from the FATF List of Non- Cooperative Countries & Territories, admission
into the prestigious Egmont Group and the withdrawal of the US Treasury FINCEN Advisory on Nigeria. They helped make the EFCC the foremost
Anti-Corruption Enforcement Agency on the
continent, cementing Ribadu's reputation in the
world as a respected anti-corruption crusader. Nuhu Ribadu's evidence helped prosecute foreign
businesses who offered bribes while doing business in Nigeria.
Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by JojoArmani(m): 9:22pm On Jul 10, 2012
Dis people wit dis their "WILL" "will" "will" make we no worry na their usual word. Smh. . . . . .
Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 10, 2012
OAM4J: What has he been doing all these while?

where is the result of the job he and his committee were already asked to do?

He was given 60 days to complete the job, it's more than 120 days already yet no report.

god bless u! u took the word rite out of my fingers!

dont mind the useless baga that sold his reputation? for a spoon of kpoi! desperado!
Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by ebamma(m): 9:29pm On Jul 10, 2012
the mallam is right,the agency responsible for disbursing the subsidy funds should be held accountable for not verifying the amount of petroleum products imported before payment,because me thinks ppra is neck deep with this subsidy thieves.
Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by Mandelaguy(m): 9:31pm On Jul 10, 2012
wesley80:

What he can or can't do isn't the issue here, we very well know his abilities and that's why he was given a task which is already weeks late and counting. So why on earth would he start boasting about his ability to complete someone else's task in a week when he's not done with his? in saying he can do this in a week what's he implying when some other committee has been on it for a number of weeks now? Have u seen sense now or are u still thinking like the talkative Mallam?
Maybe he has a line of action which non of the past committees ever had up his sleeves,don't be too fast,you are not in his brains.
Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by wesley80(m): 9:33pm On Jul 10, 2012
Mandelaguy: Maybe he has a line of action which non of the past committees ever had up his sleeves,don't be too fast,you are not in his brains.

Am I to assume you're in his buttcrack?

Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by ismhab(m): 9:42pm On Jul 10, 2012
Go ahead, what are u waiting for?
Re: I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu by lacasa: 9:47pm On Jul 10, 2012
Sell out angry

Boko Haram Bombs Mosque In Maiduguri, 6 Killed / Aregbesola & Folorunso Alakija Rocking Convocation Gown At Osun Convocation(pics / Buhari Signs Mutual Assistance Bill To Prosecute Offenders Within, Outside Niger