Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

I Will Catch Subsidy Thieves In One Week.- Ribadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Catch Subsidy Thieves In One Week.- Ribadu (1927 Views)

EFCC Set To Commence Prosecution Of Subsidy Thieves / Subsidy Thieves Own Most Private-Jets – Falana / I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu (2) (3) (4)

(1)

I Will Catch Subsidy Thieves In One Week.- Ribadu by miteolu(m): 9:03am On Jul 11, 2012
The former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Malam Nuhu Ribadu, on Tuesday boasted that he will fish out the petroleum subsidy thieves within one week if given the task by the Federal Government.
He blamed the Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency for all the atrocities perpetrated in the management of the fund, saying the agency released the funds and did not account for it.
He submitted that as an intelligence chief he would simply check their letters of credit and bill of landing to bring all those who benefited from the subsidy to justice.
Ribadu, who spoke at the Nigeria Electricity Regulatory Commission in Abuja, said all the regulatory irregularities in Nigeria are due to "leadership failure."

His words: "Look at the energy sector and see what we are talking about. Most of the problems we are talking about today are failure of regulation or regulators including the subsidy. If PPPRA had lived up to expectations we would not be having these problems. Nobody will take one penny from government if those agencies did not allow them.

"If I was to handle this subsidy I will just catch PPPRA. I will bring out each one of them and in one week I will get the people responsible because the gate keeper is the one in charge.

"I will just get them because nobody will make one penny from the subsidy unless PPPRA allows it. For every single person that benefited from subsidy I can assure you public officers gained three times," Ribadu stated.
He added that the NERC Chairman, Dr. Sam Amadi, needs "courage" to carry out the reform in the power sector.

http://www.nigerianeye.com/2012/07/i-will-catch-subsidy-thieves-in-one.html
Re: I Will Catch Subsidy Thieves In One Week.- Ribadu by OAM4J: 6:53pm On Jul 11, 2012

(1)

Aluu Killings!!! This Is A Picture Of One Of The Killers / Two Unijos Students Shot Dead By Boko Haram / Food Security In Nigeria: The Abia State Example

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.