Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,442 members, 7,812,322 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:37 AM

Why Pope Francis Threatened To Fire Nigerian Priests (Backstory From 2013) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Pope Francis Threatened To Fire Nigerian Priests (Backstory From 2013) (23608 Views)

Adamawa Lawmakers Plot Against New Governor / Tukur Declares War Against New PDP Faction / Epidemic Looms In Imo As Heaps Of Refuse Litter Streets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Pope Francis Threatened To Fire Nigerian Priests (Backstory From 2013) by ezeagu(m): 9:14pm On Jun 12, 2017
Catholicism = Roman slavery. How can a white man in Rome, despite what you have done, be the master of your religion and spirituality FROM Rome. MADNESS!
Re: Why Pope Francis Threatened To Fire Nigerian Priests (Backstory From 2013) by saintruky(m): 9:14pm On Jun 12, 2017
What was d offence of the bishop other than d fact he's not an Mbaise man..
Also, what happened to d catholic church being "one" n universal?

3 Likes

Re: Why Pope Francis Threatened To Fire Nigerian Priests (Backstory From 2013) by AdultMaleNegro(m): 9:48pm On Jun 12, 2017
A man from ogun State is the current Senator representing lagos West.

Even igbo men are lawmakers in Lagos.

Waiting to hear that a yoruba man becomes councilor in the east.

I don't like commenting on tribal issues but the igbo people are largely greedy and divisive. I

1 Like

Re: Why Pope Francis Threatened To Fire Nigerian Priests (Backstory From 2013) by deltapikin(m): 10:02pm On Jun 12, 2017
[quote author=Abagworo post=15815891]

That man cannot speak Mbaise and it is a rural diocese as we know. This issue has lasted too long with a lot of lies and blackmails against Mbaise people. The best thing is to give an Mbaise man Bishop of Awka if they want an Awka man as Bishop of Ahiara. That settles the suspicion of conspiracy.

Catholic church is one holy and apostolic church. I believed the priests in Ahiara diocese know that the church can appoint a bishop from any part of the world to head the church. Cardinal Okogie is not from Lagos state but he was the archbishop of Lagos archdiocese for years before his retirement likewise the archbishop of Abuja who is from Kogi State. For mbaise people to reject a fellow kinsman, I reserve my comment

2 Likes

Re: Why Pope Francis Threatened To Fire Nigerian Priests (Backstory From 2013) by shekauvsbuhari: 10:24pm On Jun 12, 2017
alphaconde:
I believe In one holy catholic and apostolic Church; we acknowledge one baptism for the remission of sins; we look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come. Amen.

No matter what happens the church is supreme and the pope is infallible in matters of my faith and morals.

Thank you.
Alpha Conde.
but your mbaise bros says fafafafowl!
Re: Why Pope Francis Threatened To Fire Nigerian Priests (Backstory From 2013) by marooh: 11:25pm On Jun 12, 2017
I taught all the catholic are all one!!!!
Chai religion palaver...
Obama become presidor for USA and he from africa...
Let's come together and be one na

1 Like

Re: Why Pope Francis Threatened To Fire Nigerian Priests (Backstory From 2013) by emynicedgreat: 12:25am On Jun 13, 2017
Ndi Igbo am against this biko. How can we allow tribalism into the Church? that's wat is killing my dear father land #Nigeria kilode? ogini? make we fear God nah!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Pope Francis Threatened To Fire Nigerian Priests (Backstory From 2013) by Rainmaker69(m): 1:55am On Jun 13, 2017
Its shocking that this level of tribalism exists among the ibos, and even more shocking that its the cause of division within the Catholic Church.

2 Likes

Re: Why Pope Francis Threatened To Fire Nigerian Priests (Backstory From 2013) by itsene: 8:53am On Jun 13, 2017
Obedience, the cardinal VOW of the catho6 priest!
We must pray for the protesters.
Re: Why Pope Francis Threatened To Fire Nigerian Priests (Backstory From 2013) by TabletMan: 1:52pm On Jun 13, 2017
Abagworo:
In rural churches the indigenous language does matter a lot. My personal view is that the origin of the Priest doesn't matter but since this is a rural area he needs to be able to communicate with the natives. There is also this complaint of not allowing Mbaise born Priests head Awka area which can be eased off by just appointing an Mbaise to preside over Awka to promote unity.
Evil man, when you don't understand something just keep shut. That okpalaeke is from Anambra does not mean that he sleeps or work in anambra as priest. He was ordained a priest at Mbaise diocese and you can only get to the top of your career in the priesthood from the diocese your from not from the native place or place of birth.From junior Seminarian to Senior Seminarian to deacon to Rev Fr and from Rev Fr to Monsignor, all these was under Mbaise diocese and not anywhere close to Anambra. just being a catholic priest will take you minimum of 16+ years and only God knows how long it took him to become a Monsignor all in Mbaise diocese and you're here yapping about native language.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jacob Zuma Arrives Imo For A 2-Day Visit (Photos) / Dele Momodu Asked Why Amaechi Was Absent At The Commissioning Of Abuja Terminal / PDP Announces 77-Man National Campaign Council For Edo Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.