Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,117 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Romance And Social Class - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Romance And Social Class (3573 Views)

Poll: Should social class be a dominant factor in choosing a partner?

Yes: 46% (7 votes)
No: 53% (8 votes)
This poll has ended

ABC Of Romance And Sexuality! / Falling In Love And Social Class / See Mary & John Having Office Romance And Poor Jessica Is Doing The Whole Job! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Romance And Social Class by TopBooty(f): 2:21am On Apr 25, 2008
Why do most ladies feel belittled and reluctant  to date a man who belongs to a social class lower than theirs but guys don't have a problem doing the same as long as the girl in question is lovely? Could it be that women are more  picky and materialistic than men? Do you think that social class should balance averagely for two people to have a successful relationship?

In Nigeria, ' abeg go find your level' is a slogan frequently used by more women than men when it comes  to relationships. Am I wrong?
Re: Romance And Social Class by tRoOE(f): 5:34am On Apr 25, 2008
Am sorry oh but I can't not date/marry anyone below my level.My future plan is to proceed forward not backwards wink
I need a man that can take good care of his woman, not a man that can not afford to eat 3 square meals for himself
A real man that isn't afraid to spend on his lady once in a while, show me a good time and i will surely do the same for him kiss kiss
Re: Romance And Social Class by ariblaze(m): 6:19am On Apr 25, 2008
social strata

the bane of living
Re: Romance And Social Class by TopBooty(f): 6:32am On Apr 25, 2008
Am sorry oh but I can't not date/marry anyone below my level.My future plan is to proceed forward not backwards

A man below your level can still move higher with time as long as he has prospects, can't he? Are you suggesting that those men that married women that are lower in their social class made a big mistake?

1 Like

Re: Romance And Social Class by Nobody: 7:17am On Apr 25, 2008
tRoOE:

Am sorry oh but I can't not date/marry anyone below my level.My future plan is to proceed forward not backwards wink
I need a man that can take good care of his woman, not a man that can not afford to eat 3 square meals for himself
[b]A real man that isn't afraid to spend on his lady once in a while, show me a good time [/b]and i will surely do the same for him kiss kiss

in ur opinion, a real man is someone in ur class i may have read it wrong but,
Re: Romance And Social Class by Nobody: 7:23am On Apr 25, 2008
in as much as i believe there is absolutely nothing wrong is marrying someone below ur social class i think the person in the lower class bracket stands a chance of being insulted (by a buffoon) when there's disagreement.
ever heard of 'who do u think u r?' or 'i brought u out of the slums'.

in my opinion those are the things anyone would need to watch out for. forget gold-diggers. i believe putting someone down cos of their social standing hurts more than a gold-digging asswipe
Re: Romance And Social Class by fabiyi: 10:12am On Apr 25, 2008
WELL SAID TROOE,

A MAN THAT CAN NOT PROVIDE 4 HIS ENTIRE HOUSEHOLD IS WORSE THAN AN INFIDEL. HOLY BIBLE.

HOW ON EARTH WOULD A MAN GO FOR SOMEBODY THAT IS ABOVE HIS SOCIAL AND ROMANCE CLASS? THE MARRIAGE WILL CERTAINLY CRASH.

WE MEN, WE LIKE TO BE IN CONTROL AND ONLY FEW WOMEN IF NOT NONE WILL SUCCUMB TO A MAN THAT CAN'T OUTSTAND HER FINANCIALLY AND EVEN ROMANCE WISE.

THAT IS Y I DON'T DEPEND ON LADIES CASH. WHO CARES HOW MUCH SHE TAKES HOME PER WEEK/MONTH.

GUYS PLS LEARN HOW TO BE ON TOP IN UR RELATIONSHIP. I HATE MEN THAT FEED FROM WOMEN. OH MA GOD. I CAN'T STAND THEM. I CALL THEM 'OLE AND OLE'
THEIF AND LAZYMAN.
Re: Romance And Social Class by ThoniaSlim(f): 12:34pm On Apr 25, 2008
fabiyi:

WELL SAID TROOE,

A MAN THAT CAN NOT PROVIDE 4 HIS ENTIRE HOUSEHOLD IS WORSE THAN AN INFIDEL. HOLY BIBLE.

HOW ON EARTH WOULD A MAN GO FOR SOMEBODY THAT IS ABOVE HIS SOCIAL AND ROMANCE CLASS? THE MARRIAGE WILL CERTAINLY CRASH.

WE MEN, WE LIKE TO BE IN CONTROL AND ONLY FEW WOMEN IF NOT NONE WILL SUCCUMB TO A MAN THAT CAN'T OUTSTAND HER FINANCIALLY AND EVEN ROMANCE WISE.

THAT IS Y I DON'T DEPEND ON LADIES CASH. WHO CARES HOW MUCH SHE TAKES HOME PER WEEK/MONTH.

GUYS PLS LEARN HOW TO BE ON TOP IN UR RELATIONSHIP. I HATE MEN THAT FEED FROM WOMEN. OH MA GOD. I CAN'T STAND THEM. I CALL THEM 'OLE AND OLE'
THEIF AND LAZYMAN.

Now this coming from a guy, explains it all. need not say more.
Re: Romance And Social Class by sagitarius(m): 1:05pm On Apr 25, 2008
OMO IBO:

in as much as i believe there is absolutely nothing wrong is marrying someone below your social class i think the person in the lower class bracket stands a chance of being insulted (by a buffoon) when there's disagreement.
ever heard of 'who do u think you're?' or 'i brought u out of the slums'.

in my opinion those are the things anyone would need to watch out for. forget gold-diggers. i believe putting someone down because of their social standing hurts more than a gold-digging asswipe
Word!
Re: Romance And Social Class by onyekang1(f): 1:10pm On Apr 25, 2008
fabiyi:

THEIF AND LAZYMAN.
WORD
Re: Romance And Social Class by Nobody: 1:36pm On Apr 25, 2008
Let's not be quick in saying social class doesn't matter because it does. Relationship is not a one player-game. There are two people involved. You may be of the opinion that it's irreleveant when choosing a partner, but are you sure your partner thinks the same?

When you are the one on top, you may feel that's somehow a privilege for your partner to have found someone like you who is very well comfortable but yet doesn't care if s/he can't provide for both. Try and put yourself in your partner's shoes. As much as we try to deny it no one likes being under, whether man or woman. If s/he had the opportunity of getting where you are, well don't be surprised s/he won't miss it. Everybody likes the comfort of the last floor of a tall building.

Going to what someone affirmed earlier. Women going for more comfortable men has nothing materialistic. Contrary to men, we don't mind being the tail simply because things have been like this for a long time. What are we supposed to do? Go for a less privileged man and have us being frowned at all the time? Do you really think a man is always confortable with a woman who earns more than him? Let's not fool ourselves. Love isn't all in a relationship. Other factors play important role. Let's not neglect them by trying to play correct.
Re: Romance And Social Class by TopBooty(f): 2:49pm On Apr 25, 2008
Some marriages like that survived. What if the difference betweeen their social class is not that much?
Re: Romance And Social Class by Nobody: 3:41pm On Apr 25, 2008
who ever said marriage between pple of different social class dont exist or is doomed to fail need to wake up. only the stuck up, lazy and pple who munch off papa and mama do and think like that. well most of them
Re: Romance And Social Class by TopBooty(f): 3:44pm On Apr 25, 2008
who ever said marriage between people of different social class don't exist or is doomed to fail need to wake up. only the stuck up, lazy and people who munch off papa and mama do and think like that. well most of them

I think what they are saying is that men always have this inferiority complex in them if the women belong to a higher social class, as such, the marriage fails.
Re: Romance And Social Class by tRoOE(f): 6:18pm On Apr 25, 2008
OMO IBO:

in your opinion, a real man is someone in your class i may have read it wrong but,
No No stop twisting my words against me

A real man is someone who is able to take care of himself, his lady and still got some saved up wink, not a man feeding from mouth to mouth

@fabiyi

You've said it all
I know someone that the marriage couldn't work out because the partner feels insured, less of a partner.

People do not have any idea what he will go through since he can not fit the social class circle. Man like this can not even have a say in the decision of the family because his wife family will surely put him where he belongs at.

So tell me, why in the world will I have to put my partner through this undecided

Re: Romance And Social Class by TopBooty(f): 6:41pm On Apr 25, 2008
A real man is someone who is able to take care of himself, his lady and still got some saved up , not a man feeding from mouth to mouth

Some men that feed from mouth to mouth cannot help it and I don't think it necessairly makes them not real.
Re: Romance And Social Class by laudate: 6:37pm On Apr 26, 2008
TopBooty:

I think what they are saying is that men always have this inferiority complex in them if the women belong to a higher social class, as such, the marriage fails.

True! sad
Re: Romance And Social Class by tRoOE(f): 10:48pm On Apr 26, 2008
TopBooty:

Some men that feed from mouth to mouth cannot help it and I don't think it necessairly makes them not real.
hmmmmmmmm good 4 you, wateva rock your boat
Re: Romance And Social Class by Nobody: 7:20am On Apr 27, 2008
some of u ladies need to get off the horses u r riding. whatever happened to humility.
Re: Romance And Social Class by TopBooty(f): 7:59am On Apr 27, 2008
some of u ladies need to get off the horses you're riding. whatever happened to humility
Are men banned from practising humility?
Re: Romance And Social Class by Lady2(f): 2:25pm On Apr 27, 2008
WELL SAID TROOE,

THEIF AND LAZYMAN.

Truth.

If you're ready to get married, then this is for you. If you're just having fun, then it's not for you.

The man is the head of the house, full stop. He needs to be able to take care of the woman and children. The woman shouldn't be the one doing that.
If there is a situation where they were together and things were well and he looses it, then she needs to know that it's for better or for worse. If she has the means she needs to step in and take care fo the family, until the man can get on his feet, he better not take long sha. Providing for the family is his place.
Re: Romance And Social Class by TopBooty(f): 5:14pm On Apr 27, 2008
he better not take long sha. Providing for the family is his place.
What do you mean by better not take long? What if he's disabled?
Re: Romance And Social Class by tRoOE(f): 6:26pm On Apr 27, 2008
~Lady~:

Truth.

If you're ready to get married, then this is for you. If you're just having fun, then it's not for you.

The man is the head of the house, full stop. He needs to be able to take care of the woman and children. The woman shouldn't be the one doing that.
If there is a situation where they were together and things were well and he looses it, then she needs to know that it's for better or for worse. If she has the means she needs to step in and take care fo the family, until the man can get on his feet, he better not take long sha. Providing for the family is his place.
Well said girl

Re: Romance And Social Class by tRoOE(f): 6:28pm On Apr 27, 2008
TopBooty:

What do you mean by better not take long? What if he's disabled?
Where is the disabled coming from
Was he disable when they got married or after
Btw, are you related to needless or hotfunmi, you guys have the same trait
Re: Romance And Social Class by TopBooty(f): 6:40pm On Apr 27, 2008
Where is the disabled coming from
Was he disable when they got married or after
Btw, are you related to needless or hotfunmi, you guys have the same trait

Attagirl!!!
Re: Romance And Social Class by tRoOE(f): 6:42pm On Apr 27, 2008
WHAT

If you are not just say so, and it was just a question
Re: Romance And Social Class by TopBooty(f): 6:47pm On Apr 27, 2008
WHAT

If you are not just say so, and it was just a question

Lol, attagirl!!!
Re: Romance And Social Class by tRoOE(f): 6:55pm On Apr 27, 2008
lol right back at you grin grin

You have issues girl!!!!!!!gosh
Re: Romance And Social Class by bawomolo(m): 7:12pm On Apr 27, 2008
it's funny the women so hung up on equality have no problem spewing gender roles about men being providers and protectors when it suits them.
Re: Romance And Social Class by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 27, 2008
Then bawomolo, you can take over the kitchen roles from your wife and let her be the breadwinner of the household!!
Re: Romance And Social Class by Cadet(f): 7:48pm On Apr 27, 2008
bawomolo:

it's funny the women so hung up on equality have no problem spewing gender roles about men being providers and protectors when it suits them.
another useless Naija men. So sad Nigeria is overbudden with them. Oga o
Re: Romance And Social Class by TopBooty(f): 7:56pm On Apr 27, 2008

That's one of the advantages of the freeworld.

(1) (2) (Reply)

He Asked Me Not To Vist During My Period/mensez Dayz.GUYZ LETS START VOTING NOW / Kissing With Eye's Opened Or Closed: Which Is More Romantic? / Am I Still A Virgin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.