Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' (10938 Views)

Throwback Picture Of OPC Leader, Gani Adams Back In The Days / Breaking: Court Urged To Stop Jonathan From Running / Court Refuses To Stop Jonathan’s Impeachment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by olufunkeoyedeji(f): 2:23pm On May 21, 2013
noblezone: Fasehun might be a small voice from the West, but I think it is enough to make vibrate across Nigeria.

Time will tell, but I still think that Tinubu has goofed big time. Thought I still think we might stage a comeback at the dying minutes.

sad sad sad sad
Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by finebadtboy(m): 2:24pm On May 21, 2013
Eh.. don't forget that in a sane climate you just have one vote. grin no need for the threats and counter threats.
Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by Newcrescent(m): 2:32pm On May 21, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Every riff-raff just wakes up to talk on behalf of the yorubas.Well I don't know when Faseun became the spokesman of the yorubas but I implored him to return whatever money he has collected from jonathan so he won't look foolish to himself in the end.

This is the same person that wanted to create UPN;claiming he wanted to resuscitate Awo legacy.The Awolowo I know won't and never kissed Asses during his lifetime.Whoever listens or takes this clown serious is sitting on a high tension wire.

May Almighty bless you million fold, you took the words from my mouth.
Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by nnalove(m): 2:34pm On May 21, 2013
fkaz: Emma Amaize and Akpokona Omafuaire
WARRI – FOUNDER of the Niger-Delta People Volunteer Front, NPDVF, Alhaji Mujahid Dokubo-Asari, has declared that he was ready, bullet for bullet, for those who want to stop President Goodluck Jonathan in 2015.
He stated this in Warri, weekend, just as the founder of the OoduaPeople’s Congress, OPC, Dr. Frederick Fasehun , said nobody can stop President Goodluck Jonathan from contesting for a second term in 2015, assuring the South-West geo-political zone would support him.
Both men spoke at a memorial public event in Warri, Delta state, for the late Ijaw hero, Major Isaac Jasper Adaka-Boro.
According to Dokubo-Asari, “We have to demand what belongs tous, 2015 is not about Jonathan, but about our destiny, if you allow them, they will crush you when they come. I am ready for them bullet for bullet.”
He said the battle line for self- determination has been drawn, as the people of the region would no longer accept being second- class to the people of the North.
His words, “The battle line is drawn, if our representatives in Abuja are trading off our destinies we will not accept it. The enemies are at the doorstep waiting to pounce, having NDDC, ministerial and
ambassadorial positions are not enough, we want to control our resources.
“When the enemies come with their gun to shoot you down, I will also hold a gun to fight back, the day will come, they will come foryou, there is no sitting on the fence. When they come, they won’t
differentiate between Urhobo, Ijaw, Itsekiri, Isoko, Anioma, Edo, and other ethnic nations,” he asserted
Dokubo-Asari said he was not afraid or ashamed to support Jonathan who is from the Niger Delta, stressing that he supported Abacha government, so why not Jonathan who is a fellow Ijaw man.
“The oil belongs to us in the Niger Delta, don’t be ashamed to stand up for your right, I supported Abacha, so why won’t I support Jonathan, the North have that mentality of born to rule but we are
saying no it has changed.”
He warned those sending threatening bulk sms to him that, “Theyuse bulk sms to send me message that I will die but they don’t know that I am ‘Edi-abali’ (he who kills in the night). We celebrate Boro because he doesn’t believe that dialogue will give you freedom but freedom comes through the barrel of the gun.”
Dokubo-Asari took a swipe at the amnesty programme, saying, “There are those who went to the creek for other businesses, amnesty is a stigma, an enemy will never give you what is good, I challenged it by going to the court. You will be walking on the street and they brand you a criminal because amnesty is for criminals, we are freedom fighters, and so, we can’t be part of amnesty.”
He declared, “We have to demand what belongs to us, 2015 is not about Jonathan, but about our destiny, if you allow them they will crush you when they come. I am ready for them bullet for bullet.”
“Every rich man that is from this region is a threat to them, which is why they use their man to crumble many of the banks owned by the southern people. Jonathan has given Nomadic and Almajirieducation to the North, which is amnesty for them, a lot of things are being taken for granted before now but we won’t take it,” he said.
Fasehun, OPC leader decried the call for the arrest of Niger-Deltaactivist, Alhaji Mujahid Dokubo-Asari, over his comments on Jonathan’s re-election, saying those calling for his arrest were misguided.
His words, “Since the constitution guarantees Goodluck Jonathan two terms, which Jupiter can deny him the privilege?”
“Those who condemn Dokubo for his statement, where were theywhen the likes of Atiku Abubakar, Adamu Ciroma and Muhammadu Buhari swore to make Nigeria ungovernable should Jonathan win the presidential election in 2011?
“Why are these commentators not pointing fingers correctly, nowthat the foot-soldiers of these evil and belligerent politicians havecaptured governance and turned public worship into suicide mission? He said.
He further queried, “Where are these armchair critics now that the whole North is burning with bomb blasts and shootings and the corpses of young Southerners and Christians are being shipped back home for burial?
He added. “It is in this spirit that we fully throw our weight behindthe State of Emergency that President Jonathan has declared in the three states. It was long overdue. Our only quarrel is with the
retaining of the Governors and Legislators in their positions.”
“However, the emergency rule leaves no one in doubt that Jonathan is not only the President but also the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.”
Also speaking, Comrade Miabiye Kuromiema, President, Ijaw Youth Council, stated that the creation of Nigeria in 1914 was on
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/nobody-can-stop-jonathan-fasehun-opc-founder/
Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by francdec4(m): 2:38pm On May 21, 2013
Not a bad idea but i will like to be given the presidential ticket. who is on my side....lol.

[quote author=Vernor]I would say we should forget that old OPC Leaders rants he just collected some contract from GEJ to protect Oil pipeline so what do you expect from him, also Tinubu is just the same if we vote them we are making them more richer, i believe we youth can come together and form a common front because arguing does not solve the problem on ground, i will have suggested we go with Labour Party. This useless parties PDP, OPC, CPC ACN are the same the only difference is one is stealling locally(State) while the other @ Federal Level, voting anyone of them again is helping them to be super rich again we should all swing to a different party or we youth can come together and form our own party. Please whats yor opinion?
Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by Nobody: 2:43pm On May 21, 2013
Clueless corrupt clowns!
Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by hinal: 2:46pm On May 21, 2013
Both Dokubo and Fashuen are common criminals looking for cheap popularity and recognition by their paymaster. Come 2015 Dokubo and fashuen can not help GEJ to even win his party primaries. As for the war threat, we northerners a ever ready to crush bunch of arm robbers, political bandit and all sort of resistance from animal likes, Dokubo and Fashuen, idiot Mtcwee tongue tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by Nobody: 2:47pm On May 21, 2013
fineworker:
The Awolowo i knew kissed the ass of mallam during his time

Which one did you know? The one you met or the one your grandmother told you about? I am sure you weren't born when he was alive.

I do not blame Fasheun, he has collected money and he is just doing his job even though he knows fully well that he is inconsequential in Yoruba politics. The Yorubas were at the fore-front of the struggle to make Jonathan president because they are intelligent, exposed and understand the rule of law. They also voted for him in 2011 because they believed his story of Fresh Air and wanted to see a new face, especially since Buhari was unpopular. But I will tell you the truth, Jonathan has performed poorly and there is no way he will get the Yoruba vote. Fasheun is just a hungry opportunist who will just collect money and disappear in due course.

5 Likes

Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by majomayo(m): 3:02pm On May 21, 2013
Vavavoom: Dear Karl Maier,
Truly this house has fallen and midnight is already on us...events are unfolding like you said they would and we are No Longer at Ease. I write to let you know that The Man of the People we await still, cowed and docile hoping with folded arms failing to Set Forth at Dawn for the change we desire. Things continue to Fall Apart even on the transition of the great iroko of Ogidi, The Man has truly Died in us that in the face of such abounding injustice the ogas at the top are still heaping Things around Our Necks. Our Trials are beyond Jero's, inflicted on us by us. Some say Never Again to war, but we the people have waited for the Arrow of God to strike those whose palm kernels have been cracked for... - the usurpers of our will. All we ask is for such benevolent spirit to side with the people. We want that Half of a Yellow sun to be full. To usher us with brightness never before seen...for Things to cease to Fall Apart.

Today the Iroko is coming over with our abiding petitions to save the savannah from the ants terrorising the Anthills.

Wow....that's a creative post...kudos.
Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by emma26(m): 3:21pm On May 21, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

Thank you. wink

What da fvk is a Yoruba leader doing at Adaka Boro's memorial?

Am convinced u a Racist..what sought of question r u askin...4ur undastanding ur yoruba leader went to enjoy d pleasure of a plate of rice and 2black bottles of horps...#Racist
Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by Haslad(m): 3:23pm On May 21, 2013
BUNCH OF THIEF'S
Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by lacasa: 3:36pm On May 21, 2013
Its amazing how mostly the filth of society who are eating fat off the wealth of the nation r for the Fisherman's cause undecided
Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by herquleez(m): 3:37pm On May 21, 2013
Hi, everyone. I'm a lawyer by education, A Nigerian by birth and a pure Edo man by blood.

I've lived in Nigeria all my life and experienced enough tribal imbalance to conclude that Nigeria as an entity is a mistake and a misguided union.

I curse those who amalgamated three huge DISTINCT tribes.

To continue to say Nigeria is indivisible and to base that on a piece of paper (called the constitution) that my father or my great grand father did not vote on is in itself bigotry, deceit and slavery.

I'm not Yoruba but here in the South West there is so much liberality that you cant tell which of the religions is more than the other, ppolitics isnt along religious lines and both religions actually intermarry here.

Christmas o, Ileya o we all celebrate it together here.

Look at Auchi in Edo State, full of Muslims and I never heard they atacked people of other religions.

Go to the East despite the fact that the entire area is predominantly Christian you can be a muslim and noone will kill you for that. In fact, by Ibo people will only attack Hausas only as a response to the slaughter of their brothers in the North. If you are a southern muslim, you are considered a 'kufar' in the north. This sadly means, there is deep-rooted hatred for southerners. Look at the slaughter of Youth Corpers some years back. Let's be frank wit ourselves; they've more than proven they hate us down south.

The truth is our brothers up North dont give a damn about us in the South. They are not accommodating and they refuse to accept the fact that Nigeria is for us all.

People of other tribes dont mind to speak other languages except of course our brothers u north who dont give a shit about others. I know lots of Ibo guys who speak Yoruba, Tonnes of Yorba who speak Hausa Please how many Hausa even try to mingle let alone speak other languages. I dare anyone to prove this fact wrong.

They wanna dominate government yet they are the least educated, they dominate the armed forces etc.

Why donnt they dominate the private sector? You know what they cant, coz they donnt have enough educated people to do so.

As a humaN being first of all, as a Nigerian citizen and as a global citizen too, I HEREBY EXERCISE MY RIGHT TO MY OWN OPINION AND DECLARE THAT THE NIGERIAN UNION HAS FAILED AND IT IS TIME WE TAKE A SECOND LOOK AT THIS HUGE LIE CALLED NIGERIA. Afterall, our so called unity is only at the verge of our tongues.

Dont get me wrong, I do not advocate for violence.

In conclusion, I am tired of sharing this country with bunch of islamists, self-centred, racist and intolerant people.

11 Likes

Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by truth4meal(m): 3:48pm On May 21, 2013
Fasheun is free to associate with Dokubo. He is free to campaign for GEJ. He is free also to "revive" UPN. He is free to do the job he was paid for by drumming support for the clueless one but he should express all the aforementioned freedom in his capacity as a private citizen not as a leader of a non-partisan, non-religious Yoruba organisation called OPC. Fasheun should remember that Yorubas does not need him before choosing what is right for them. How do one guarantee the rights of other yorubas that made up OPC if they are members of other parties or is OPC now apolitical and aligning with PDP? Did Dokubo use his NDVF to campaign for someone that is not from ND? Why is this confused man showing the height bribe could drive one to? Speak for yourself Fasheun we all have that right has a yorubaman and Nigerian. I will pardon all you uttered because this is clearly your alter ego - the bribed, confused, partisan, apolitical Fasheun not the OPC leader.

1 Like

Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by Baawaa(m): 3:49pm On May 21, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Every riff-raff just wakes up to talk on behalf of the yorubas.Well I don't know when Faseun became the spokesman of the yorubas but I implored him to return whatever money he has collected from jonathan so he won't look foolish to himself in the end.

This is the same person that wanted to create UPN;claiming he wanted to resuscitate Awo legacy.The Awolowo I know won't and never kissed Asses during his lifetime.Whoever listens or takes this clown serious is sitting on a high tension wire.
Thank you my brother,Fasehun is broke and he need money badly,that is why he is saying rubbish .

1 Like

Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by Dee60: 3:57pm On May 21, 2013
Tinubu may have goofed with his alliance with Buhari, but Fasheun has zero reckoning in South West. It wont amount to anything if GEJ awards him the billions. Sometimes you wonder who is advising Jonathan!
Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by Leahodili: 4:32pm On May 21, 2013
to start with the northerners are not Nigeria's problem,the truth is all the present politicial parties are guilty of the same sin ( corruption ) Nigeria need leaders, enough of the politicians, after all there are no difference from the present govt with the past ones,until we get our orientation right in vain do we exist, all the present politician have nothing to offer its people.
Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by nopsman1: 4:35pm On May 21, 2013
a sari and fasheun are obviously hungry. good luck has succeeded in using expired and corrupt people to support his unpopular govt. well 2015 I pray he fails and gets disgraced out of a so rock. amen.
Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by Nobody: 4:35pm On May 21, 2013
tomakint: I, Tomakint, a Yoruba man from Ondo State, totally support the stand of these two freedom fighters! May the good God of Heaven continue to strenghten them day by day and be with them to achieve the vision of totally breaking off the Yokes of these Funky Mallams off our necks! 2014 the illegally acquired oil licences given to those Mallams will expire and the rightful owners of the oil (South-south) shall be in charge of their destinies! Truly, there is a God who RECOMPENSES!
I THINK THE PRAYER U SHOULD OFFER SHOULD BE THAT GOD SHOULD STRENGTHEN YOUR NECK
COS WHEN THE MALLAMS' YOKE IS GONE, THE YOKE OF UR CORRUPT BRETHREN WILL BE NEXT
AND FROM WHAT I SEE ITS HEAVIER, NASTIER, AND U DONT HAVE THE LUXURY OF BREAKING IT
Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by Nobody: 4:35pm On May 21, 2013
Performance/antecedent are the keys that 'll make me vote any politician come 2015. Hope GEJ improves drastically and if not he's on his own.

My vote na my power!

1 Like

Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by Akiika: 5:20pm On May 21, 2013
Nigeria, a failed state. People committing treason flagrantly and the clueless gov't ignores. Fasehun has now hit his bottomost low. What a shame! As much as i respect his freedom of speech and association(even with touts like Asari), he should have given us the good reason why GEJ must be president come 2015? does the electorate even matter any longer? What is this nonsense about "It is our oil", didn't the South feed on the agriculture from the North prior to the discovery of oil in Nigeria? And to all of you supporting these d.umba$$es because they are from your tribe or section of the country, can y'all just think outside the box for a sec.?
Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by bootlegaz: 5:20pm On May 21, 2013
Yorubas, the more I see you guys distance yourself from your own and show internet support for Buhari APC, the more I feel you guys are leaners in political chess game. Go back to your history book before you start condemning a private citizen that is entitled to his own opinion. Must you guys be all docile? Mimiko and his people did it without the noise makers from ACN. Think outside the box if you want others not to think your political strength starts and ends in your region.
Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by bootlegaz: 5:24pm On May 21, 2013
Akiika: Nigeria, a failed state. People committing treason flagrantly and the clueless gov't ignores. Fasehun has now hit his bottomost low. What a shame! As much as i respect his freedom of speech and association(even with touts like Asari), he should have given us the good reason why GEJ must be president come 2015? does the electorate even matter any longer? What is this nonsense about "It is our oil", didn't the South feed on the agriculture from the North prior to the discovery of oil in Nigeria? And to all of you supporting these d.umba$$es because they are from your tribe or section of the country, can y'all just think outside the box for a sec.?
Has your northern brothers think outside the box for ones? Most you base your income from oil wealth? What happened to human capital? The said agriculture, why can't you people revitalize it? Northerners are the problem wrong with that country.
Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by Akiika: 5:35pm On May 21, 2013
bootlegaz:
Has your northern brothers think outside the box for ones? Most you base your income from oil wealth? What happened to human capital? The said agriculture, why can't you people revitalize it? Northerners are the problem wrong with that country.
Firstly, i am a Nigerian from Oyo state and that's how i see myself. So, if the North is taken off Nigeria the country will miraculously be well?
My point is, our problem is not about where people come from, it is just some few greedy ones amongst us irrespective of where they come from and we should condemn them as such. OBJ, TINUBU, DIMEJI, FACROOK, ETTEH ATIKU, IBB, ANENIH, GEJ, DIEZANI, IGBINEDION, ABACHA, ABDULSALAM, most previous and serving Governors irrespective of state...e.t.c are all culpable for Nigeria's woes. They have mortaged the future of our country. Until we ignore our tribal or ethnic sentiments, they'll continue to rob us of our rights.

1 Like

Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by bootlegaz: 5:44pm On May 21, 2013
Akiika:
Firstly, i am a Nigerian from Oyo state and that's how i see myself. So, if the North is taken off Nigeria the country will miraculously be well?
My point is, our problem is not about where people come from, it is just some few greedy ones amongst us irrespective of where they come from and we should condemn them as such. OBJ, TINUBU, DIMEJI, FACROOK, ETTEH ATIKU, IBB, ANENIH, GEJ, DIEZANI, IGBINEDION, ABACHA, ABDULSALAM, most previous and serving Governors irrespective of state...e.t.c are all culpable for Nigeria's woes. They have mortaged the future of our country. Until we ignore our tribal or ethnic sentiments, they'll continue to rob us of our rights.
Do you have a candidate that is better of as we speak?
Re: Fasehun Of OPC - 'Nobody Can Stop Jonathan' by Vandi2: 7:06pm On May 21, 2013
i dey watch ooo. Vote JOHN TERRY VANDI for president

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Israel Kills Palestine football Legend, Ahed zaqout(* pictures) / Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics / Amotekun: Ekiti To Translate Laws Into Yoruba Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.