Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,352 members, 7,822,666 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

What Do You Think Makes A Relationship Last A Lifetime.? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Do You Think Makes A Relationship Last A Lifetime.? (2036 Views)

How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? / Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last / What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think Makes A Relationship Last A Lifetime.? by trason(m): 3:34am On Apr 25, 2008
What do you think makes a relationship last a lifetime.?

Communication is first and commitment is second?
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Relationship Last A Lifetime.? by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:42am On Apr 25, 2008
Maybe trust and understanding could follow. undecided
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Relationship Last A Lifetime.? by tRoOE(f): 5:38am On Apr 25, 2008
Communication

Patience

Trust

Understanding
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Relationship Last A Lifetime.? by blackmann(m): 9:29am On Apr 25, 2008
Trust
Make sure you sort ou8t your issues and differences as soon as they come up
Understanding

So many things
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Relationship Last A Lifetime.? by fabiyi: 10:32am On Apr 25, 2008
@ TrooE
communication, patience, trust, understanding AND

dedication, tolerance, prayer, forgiving spirits, generousity, responsibility, ability to say sorry, focus, perseverance and love.

this is because where there's true love, faults are thin but where there's no love, faults are thick.

thanks.
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Relationship Last A Lifetime.? by zucchero(f): 11:13am On Apr 25, 2008
what i think is the most important is friendship, i'v realized goes a long way in a relationship although pple dnt know. den trust, n d rest can follow.ur lover shuld b ur best frend, wen dat happens, it'l take a hell of a lot to break u guys wink
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Relationship Last A Lifetime.? by Uby40(m): 11:20am On Apr 25, 2008
tolerance, communication and a slice of good sex
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Relationship Last A Lifetime.? by babyx(f): 11:28am On Apr 25, 2008
well i must agree u guys are correct, all those list of ingredients, but it all of those have to be built wink on what GOD has designed for you,
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Relationship Last A Lifetime.? by Uby40(m): 11:51am On Apr 25, 2008
babyx:

well i must agree u guys are correct, all those list of ingredients, but it all of those have to be built wink on what GOD has designed for you,
\

Word!!!!! Babyx. All our wants are unachieveable without Him being a part of it.
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Relationship Last A Lifetime.? by fortunes05(m): 12:12pm On Apr 25, 2008
Then TRUSTWORTHINESS from both parties .
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Relationship Last A Lifetime.? by CuteYemy(f): 1:00pm On Apr 25, 2008
and Compatibility too.
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Relationship Last A Lifetime.? by sagitarius(m): 1:31pm On Apr 25, 2008
Patience & Tolerance
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Relationship Last A Lifetime.? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Apr 25, 2008
Accepting that passion won't last forever.
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Relationship Last A Lifetime.? by Busta(f): 1:46pm On Apr 25, 2008
[size=16pt]Compatibility[/size]

As long as u both are compatible, every other thing falls into place.
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Relationship Last A Lifetime.? by onyekang1(f): 2:29pm On Apr 25, 2008
tRoOE:

Communication

Patience

Trust

Understanding

not 4getting compatibility and God being the Foundation.
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Relationship Last A Lifetime.? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Apr 25, 2008
God,love,understanding,wisdom and trust,this things imvery sure of wink
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Relationship Last A Lifetime.? by Sisikill: 4:35pm On Apr 25, 2008
1) Not getting married.

2) Commit TO each other because you want it not because someone else *coughs (parents) coughs*wants you to.

3) Talk! Talk! Talk and more Talk (to each other not at each other)

4) RESPECT EACH OTHER. . .can't stress that enough.

5) Have Fun. . .don't know why but when people get together,  they think they have to be serious and all. B.O.R.I.N.G.

6) Allow your partner to miss you. . .nothing kills a relationship faster than the feeling of being stifiled (abi it's just me?).
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Relationship Last A Lifetime.? by tRoOE(f): 7:15pm On Apr 25, 2008
@ fabiyi

Good job cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Relationship Last A Lifetime.? by whitelexi(m): 7:17pm On Apr 25, 2008
Interest each other. . . thats the buzzz
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Relationship Last A Lifetime.? by frank316(m): 11:06am On Apr 26, 2008
to me, only patience can make love last a life time.

Love is bullshit
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Relationship Last A Lifetime.? by nalijah07(f): 6:51am On Apr 27, 2008
@sisikill
Numbers 5 and 6 are right on point. ESPECIALLY NUMBER 5!!
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Relationship Last A Lifetime.? by Teejay07(m): 5:27am On Apr 28, 2008
Hi,

I hadhoped to see one word in here. Alas, it is missing. [/b]How about COMPANIONSHIP.[b] Just being there for the other person. There are times all we need is just a shoulder to lean on. Times when the burden of life requires us to be supported by others - emotionally and physically.

Infact, at such times we dont need to talk to others. All we need is for them to just be there.

For me, companionship is one key ingredient to a lasting relationship. Come to think of it, in old age what else do married couples provide themselves and which they fall back on. Companionship.
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Relationship Last A Lifetime.? by outlaws(m): 7:06am On Apr 28, 2008
cool

If a relationship is going to make it, it will, if is not going to make it, you can put all the ingredients in it and it will still turn out to be a failure.
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Relationship Last A Lifetime.? by NaJaHaJe(f): 11:06am On Apr 28, 2008
Transparency

Honesty

Fantastic Sense of Humour
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Relationship Last A Lifetime.? by fabiyi: 11:18am On Apr 28, 2008
@ TroOE,

thanks ma sister. how's work n family?

Good to hear 4m u.

cheers!
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Relationship Last A Lifetime.? by Elia(f): 11:38am On Apr 28, 2008
Zucchero, you hit the nail on the head! A relationship can only last a life time if there is true and fond friendship between the parties.

BUT

We have different types o! I am not talking about those who live together in unhappy and pain enduring marriages o!

I maen true and lasting love relationships and of course God is above all.

Remember: friendship first, then you both trust and belive in God and others follow naturally,, as in love, trust, commitment, children, joint responsibilities e.t.c

Good luck
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Relationship Last A Lifetime.? by Aladunni(f): 11:49am On Apr 28, 2008
Make sure you sort out your issues and differences as soon as they come up

i really love that, it works
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Relationship Last A Lifetime.? by Uby40(m): 5:05pm On Apr 28, 2008
I’m amazed at such level of understanding we’ve gat concerning relationship boosters. that’s so kool. keep it up ma people.
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Relationship Last A Lifetime.? by uspry1(f): 5:18pm On Apr 28, 2008
For strong relationship between two people connect that is based on:

[list]
[li]Trust[/li]
[li]Spirituality[/li]
[li]4 Characters[/li]
[list]
[li]Humility[/li]
[li]Kindness[/li]
[li]Responsibility[/li]
[li]Happiness[/li]
[/list]

[li]Personal Hygiene[/li]
[li]Communication Skill[/li]
[li]Personal Habits[/li]
[li]Strong Connections[/li]
[list]
[li]Good Chemistry and Compatibility[/li]
[li]Shared Common Interest[/li]
[li]Shared Common Life Goal[/li]
[li]Deeper Emotional[/li]
[li]Sexual Compatibility[/li] (refer the knowledge of sexuality)
[li]Agreed Financial Obligations/Compromise Equally[/li]
[/list]
[/list]

For more details from existing thread at below:
10 Insights You should take steps into serious relationship before you get marry her/him
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-95533.0.html

(1) (Reply)

Can U Die For Love? / Who Is Your Nairaland Crush? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.