Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,673 members, 7,813,243 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:21 AM

Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! (36132 Views)

Boko Haram Leader Shekau Dismisses Nigerian Military Claims / US Offers $23m For Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, 4 Others / Boko-Haram Leader Shekau Found In Mali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by Nobody: 5:43pm On May 21, 2013
moshoodn:

That's as good as showing willingness to be recruited as a foot soldier... Isn't it?

lol....
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by successking: 5:45pm On May 21, 2013
Shekau, why don't you submit yourself to Nigerian Police and retain your live? Think about it.
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by Jhulyan(m): 5:45pm On May 21, 2013
dj187: Shebi na him say western education na sin, how come him dey join facebook?
what had western education got to do with Facebook?
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by moshoodn(m): 5:48pm On May 21, 2013
Jhulyan: what had western education got to do with Facebook?

The knowledge behind western education developed facebook...

Its like you say you don't like beans, yet you eat moi-moi...

Think about it, isn't that hypocrisy??

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by imperiouxx(m): 5:53pm On May 21, 2013
Jhulyan: what had western education got to do with Facebook?

So the knowledge that leads to developing facebook is from the north?
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by kamelonaire(m): 5:54pm On May 21, 2013
[quote author=rxhush]hohohohohohohoho. . Funny dude. . Smh[/quote
Ha beg make he know add me as friend ooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by JideTheBlogger(m): 5:55pm On May 21, 2013
Hope it's not a plot to divert the attention of JTF..
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by egift(m): 5:57pm On May 21, 2013
This looks as fake as it can be. I think someone is just pulling a fast one. If true, it is like putting a tracking device on himself.
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by NeoXVI: 5:57pm On May 21, 2013
illitrate: How about his friends on fb, same inpersonated persons?

Good point... The Al-qaeda guy does sound real and very zealous
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by Rooneyboy(m): 5:58pm On May 21, 2013
illitrate: Believes me this is real shekau or someone linked to him.

The person ignorantly shared his current location of which fb does it sometimes without asking for permission if phone already allowed all apps permision.

He's a big ediot grin , more reason why his hatred for education will never cease .
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by Haslad(m): 5:59pm On May 21, 2013
BOKO ON FACEBOOK....LOL
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by naptu2: 5:59pm On May 21, 2013
It could actually be a "Boko Haram account", although I doubt that it is personally operated by Shekau (remember, the group has posted videos on Youtube in the past).

It might just be like the "Jomo Gbomo" character, that is, the account is operated by several persons (which would account for the changes in location).

3 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by Rooneyboy(m): 6:01pm On May 21, 2013
moshoodn: Should I click the "Add friend" button

Please advise..

Lol!!

Pls do brother, and ur life will never remain the same grin

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by kamelonaire(m): 6:02pm On May 21, 2013
imagine boko haram leader also in facebook, but make he know add me as friend in facebook, if he do so I wil ignored him
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by Ogaredu(m): 6:03pm On May 21, 2013
Hurry!!, add as freind..
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by mike404(m): 6:05pm On May 21, 2013
Does Abubakar SheCOW exist
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by naptu2: 6:07pm On May 21, 2013
Sometime last year the group released a statement warning journalists to stop calling them "Boko Haram". Boko Haram is the nickname given to them by local people in Yobe and Bornu. Their name is actually "People Committed to the Propagation of the Prophet's Teachings and Jihad". They threatened to kill any journalist that calls them "Boko Haram".
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by Nobody: 6:07pm On May 21, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
Can't open his FB at work cuz the USA is very serious about terrorism.

Can't have my search/history attacked to Nigeria's finest.
Alaroye, na who ask you question? Or did anyone make it mandatory for you to open the page?
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by nisimi09: 6:08pm On May 21, 2013
People are really funny, and you take this to be true?? He didnt join facebook when he was ruling the jungle and now you'll want him to remember ipad or laptop with modem when he is on the run. even if he have to disseminate information through facebook, its going to be anonymous. check how many leo messi profile is on facebook anyone can just do that.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by dbride: 6:08pm On May 21, 2013
bootlegaz: You guys think Boko Haram leader that knows he is wanted dead or alive will have a Facebook profile? If mallams are that dumb how come they control 70 percent of Nigeria's common wealth?

....because they were in power for over 35 years, mostly military rule of sheer force.
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by Nobody: 6:09pm On May 21, 2013
Ogbeche77: Alaroye, na who ask you question? Or did anyone make it mandatory for you to open the page?

FYI, I was sent a special honorary PM request to open the page.
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by lekkie073(m): 6:09pm On May 21, 2013
i know this guy, he was one of those dat started the unimaid jihad in 2003. seeing him on shekau's friend list lends credence to the fact that d account is boko haram property.

7 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by Nobody: 6:09pm On May 21, 2013
naptu2: It could actually be a "Boko Haram account", although I doubt that it is personally operated by Shekau (remember, the group has posted videos on Youtube in the past).

It might just be like the "Jomo Gbomo" character, that is, the account is operated by several persons (which would account for the changes in location).

Indeed @naptu2.

Still wondering what to make those who appear on the friends-list of this nom de guerre though. I dare say most of them leave little to the imagination with respect to their political leanings.
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by Pelummy(f): 6:10pm On May 21, 2013
cant stop laughing
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by Nobody: 6:15pm On May 21, 2013
punky..i mean Funky mallam!
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by naptu2: 6:16pm On May 21, 2013
If this is true, it won't be the first time that Boko Haram is using the internet. As I said, they have a youtube account. Sometime last year they created an account on a website and posted SSS personnel records on the site. The group also often corresponds with selected journalists via e-mail (that's how they release most of their statements).
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by Pelummy(f): 6:17pm On May 21, 2013
successking: Shekau, why don't you submit yourself to Nigerian Police and retain your live? Think about it.
this is nt d right place to tell him, inbox him on his fb account.....he will surely respond to u
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by Jerryjat(m): 6:18pm On May 21, 2013
wait... he has friends ooooo....

My God...

Can Sum1 Trace dis Moda Fuckerr?...
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by imperiouxx(m): 6:23pm On May 21, 2013
Jerry-jat:
wait... he has friends ooooo....

My God...

Can Sum1 Trace dis Moda Fuckerr?...

I guess Nigeria has no time for that. I trust them in western worlds.... All their conversations so far would be dug out.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession / Disquiet In Buhari’s Camp Over Saraki, Tambuwal, Kwankwaso / Ahmad Lawan: Drug Barons Funding Terrorists, Bandits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.