Stats: 3,151,727 members, 7,813,399 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:49 AM

Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! (36133 Views)

Boko Haram Leader Shekau Dismisses Nigerian Military Claims / US Offers $23m For Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, 4 Others / Boko-Haram Leader Shekau Found In Mali (2) (3) (4)

Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by young9ja(m): 11:02pm On May 21, 2013
rxhush: hohohohohohohoho. . Funny dude. . Smh
am goin 2hack dis facebook account now
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by dgitrader(m): 11:03pm On May 21, 2013
Imagine the insult... several civil servants are even amoung his friends. Dammit it. Fake or not, there's lots of intell on this FB profile. I dey vexxxxx o
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by ujchief(m): 11:08pm On May 21, 2013
Having gone thru the facebook account, it will be very unwise to say that its a hoax. The account does not look like what was put together in a hurry; especially the friends.
I've taken my time to go thru the friends, and profile some of the friends to see their own friends, this looks real. Its worth checking out. It can't be a diversion tactics as the security operatives are not going to channel all their resources on it. They can assign few of the operatives to check it out; even if it means tying up loose ends. Its possible they slipped.

Qasim Bn Bilaal Aburahmat is among his friends, and is listed as the Executive Chairman & Managing Director at Bilaal (Nig) Enterprises. I've googled the Bilaal guy and search results indicates he is the Director of the said company, and a graduate of ABU zaria; with other details. These are stuffs that needs to be checked out, not by the entire security operatives, its not so hard to do.

Before you say its fake, go thru the page and see the pix there. Not recently taken pix, check out the friends, and then friends of friends.

#just my 2 cents though#

Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by naptu2: 5:06am On May 22, 2013
Does Jomo Gbomo Really Exist? by gonzaga: 3:57am On Oct 06, 2010

gonzaga: Now that all the top military commanders of MEND; Asari, Tompolo, Boyloaf, Ateke Tom, Dagogo, Shoot At Sight and co have come out openly to deny any link to the October1 bomb blast, the big question is this; does Jomo Gbomo the supposed spokes person of MEND really exist?

Tompolo who is acclaimed as the general commander stated what many of us have been suspecting, he said;"ANYBODY CAN BE JOMO GBOMO AS LONG AS YOU HAVE THE PASSWORD". This simply means that, anyone could have issued the statement in the name of MEND. As the youths and future leaders of tomorrow( if the old allow us) we should take more than a passing interest on national issues devoid of any form of sentiments. Our politicians as usual have started the blame game already and they want to politicize the whole issue so that a proper investigation will not be possible. Based on the revelations of all the well kown ex-militant leaders yesterday, widely televised on Channels news at 10, let us begin to look at the possiblity of the none existence of Jomo Gbomo. We all know that an e-mail account can be created using any name, so WHO IS JOMO GBOMO? DOES HE REALLY EXIST? ARE SOME PEOPLE USING THE E-MAIL ACCOUNT?
https://www.nairaland.com/526021/does-jomo-gbomo-really-exist

Al-Qaeda also has websites.
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by uchechuwku: 5:14am On May 22, 2013
if members of this facebook group can be apprehended, it will go a long way to help curb Boko haram.

https://www./411459732239802/

Yes, i went through his page. it looked so real and lots and lots of info on his page. especially the friends list and friends of friends.
the connection is global. from nigeria to niger to serria leone to kenya, to somalia, to north of africa to syria etc etc.

from my findings on their facebook profiles, they are majorly concentrated in bauchi state.
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by naptu2: 5:20am On May 22, 2013
Boko Haram email address.

[size=14pt]Boko Haram claims responsibility for Baga, Bama attacks.[/size]

The leader of the Islamist group, Boko Haram, Abubakar Shekau has claimed responsibility for the two recent deadly attacks in the North-East in a video obtained by AFP yesterday.

The video also depicts women and children being held hostage by the sect. The video features Shekau, who was declared a global terrorist by the United States, seated on a rug with a kalashnikov resting behind his right shoulder. “We are the ones that carried out the Bama attack,” Shekau said in Hausa language, referring to the May 7 assault that killed 55 people, mostly soldiers and police.

“We also carried out the attack in Baga,” he further said of the April 16 raid in the town near Lake Chad that sparked clashes with soldiers which killed nearly 200 people. Nigeria’s military has been accused of causing scores of deaths in the Baga violence by deliberately setting fires that razed thousands of homes. “It was you, the security agents that went into town the following day and burnt homes and killed people at will,” Shekau said.

The military has fiercely denied the reported abuses by its soldiers, insisting that only 37 people died in the Baga violence, including 30 suspected Islamists. Some seven minutes into the 12-minute video message, the screen splits, showing Shekau on the left with a group of unidentified women and children on the right.

The Islamist leader claimed this group is being held hostage in retaliation for the wives and children of Boko Haram members detained by the military. Boko Haram has never before boasted about the kidnapping of Nigerian women and children.

“As long as we do not see our women and children we will never release these women and children,” Shekau said. The group set out a similar condition for the release of seven members of a French family who were kidnapped in February in Cameroon near the Nigerian border.

The Moulin-Fournier family were released last month. Before claiming the French abductions, Boko Haram had not widely been associated with kidnappings.

Their attacks, which have killed hundreds since 2009, have included suicide blasts as well as coordinated gun and bomb assaults on the security forces and other symbols of authority. The recent attacks in the North-East have raised concern about the increasingly brazen tactics used by the insurgents, who said they were fighting to create an Islamic state in mostly Muslim northern Nigeria.

In Bama, they stormed the commercial centre in a convoy of seven vehicles, launching coordinated pre-dawn attacks on the military, police and several government buildings. Under pressure over his apparent inability to contain the violence, President Goodluck Jonathan created a panel to seek an amnesty deal with the insurgents.

In his latest video, Shekau re-stated his opposition to any such pact. “You talk of dialogue…You are free to say whatever you want to say but we will never stop our struggle,” he said. While Shekau’s hardcore Islamist loyalists may resist a peace deal, analysts believe that Boko Haram is fractured, with some camps possibly open to amnesty.

The Boko Haram conflict is estimated to have cost 3,600 lives since 2009, including killings by the security forces. The images of Shekau in the latest video resemble those previously released by the group and the message was distributed by email, in a manner consistent with earlier Boko Haram messages

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/national/boko-haram-claims-responsibility-for-baga-bama-attacks/
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by Taiwo20(m): 5:24am On May 22, 2013
The_King'sQueen:
Those people in his facebook pictures actually look scary, like terrorists.

They are terrorist my dear, according to the government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the International community.
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by osemeke: 7:29am On May 22, 2013
Where are all my sss people at? Get ur bullets and crack this fool down.
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by Alaanyihaji(m): 8:58am On May 22, 2013
By interracting in his profile the security pple can mistake u for BH. Be careful the way u go there.
Bad Attitude: The leader of the terrorist Islamic sect, the so called Imam, Abubakar Shekau, has opened a facebook page where he communicates and exchanges messages with his friends. In his facebook page, Shekau has denied that Boko Haram collected any ransom to free Alhaji Skettima Munguno, the octogenarian former minister of petroleum that was kidnapped by the sect last month.

Also, as the emergency rule declared in some states but harder, Shekau posted some photos of persons suspected to be his Islamic fighters.

It is rather surprising that Shekau, whose group believe that Western Education is haram, is benefiting from Social Media, by having a facebook profile. Apparently facebook is not haram in Boko Haram's mind.

To visit Shekau's facebook page > https://www.facebook.com/abubakaribn.muhammedshekau1?ref=ts&fref=ts

http://www.naijapundit.com/news/boko-haram-leader-shekau-opens-facebook-profile
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by Adex097: 9:02am On May 22, 2013
ujchief: Having gone thru the facebook account, it will be very unwise to say that its a hoax. The account does not look like what was put together in a hurry; especially the friends.
I've taken my time to go thru the friends, and profile some of the friends to see their own friends, this looks real. Its worth checking out. It can't be a diversion tactics as the security operatives are not going to channel all their resources on it. They can assign few of the operatives to check it out; even if it means tying up loose ends. Its possible they slipped.

Qasim Bn Bilaal Aburahmat is among his friends, and is listed as the Executive Chairman & Managing Director at Bilaal (Nig) Enterprises. I've googled the Bilaal guy and search results indicates he is the Director of the said company, and a graduate of ABU zaria; with other details. These are stuffs that needs to be checked out, not by the entire security operatives, its not so hard to do.

Before you say its fake, go thru the page and see the pix there. Not recently taken pix, check out the friends, and then friends of friends.

#just my 2 cents though#
Nice observations sir....
You need to be recruited by SSS as soon as possible.
Please don't waste your talent.
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by sanandreas(m): 9:31am On May 22, 2013
trace and track him.
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by Nobody: 9:33am On May 22, 2013
arcbabe: Check very well and u will realise that account is boko haram property,the friend list are all muslims situated either in somalia,borno,bauchi,adamawa and the rest. If u check his friend's profile,u will see some who have filled the space of employment as jamaatuahlisunna lida'awati walhihad as their place of work. He ignorantly opened that facebook and didn't know his location is showed by facebook.

seconded.....One of his friends even post when he was movibg from Lybia to mali and his son's pix....its real for me
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by Nobody: 9:34am On May 22, 2013
toluxa1: Whether or not the account is operated by him, I think our intelligence units have alot of work to do. Information can still be gotten from there. This is facebook, with enough digging and digging, peeling off the layers, someone can get careless.

Most of these Jihadist sites and groups are actually under watch 247.

For those who understand Hausa, check out the highlighted.
Pls translate to English let know what they are saying
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by arthgideon: 10:18am On May 22, 2013
moshoodn: Should I click the "Add friend" button

Please advise..

Lol!!

Sure why not. Add as best friend
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by arthgideon: 10:19am On May 22, 2013
This guy has friends
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by olufunkeoyedeji(f): 11:30am On May 22, 2013
ola_pluto: My evening is made. Downloading enough info from this page before it goes down...All his friends, their pix and all. Who knows when they'll be needed
yes oo, we can even make money from there. i dont really need the pictures anyway, help me keep it, i will ask you later.
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by Nobody: 11:34am On May 22, 2013
From his Page The guy has already left Nigeria, his last location was an airport in Niger Republic. This is a shame
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by creativemusic: 1:34pm On May 22, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by ChimaAdeoye: 2:14pm On May 22, 2013
Correct me if i'm wrong. Didn't this guy say western education was haram?
How did he learn to write in English? He should be writing in Arabic!
Shameless hypocrites!
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by carlos1(m): 2:43pm On May 22, 2013
illitrate: This must be a joke, even sharing his location via google map maybe ignorantly.

This is a tip off, I think the JTF can track him with the google map.
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by smoothlips(m): 5:23pm On May 22, 2013
Very funny. Boko haram media outreach
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by naptu2: 5:47pm On May 22, 2013
Chima_Adeoye: Correct me if i'm wrong. Didn't this guy say western education was haram?
How did he learn to write in English? He should be writing in Arabic!
Shameless hypocrites!

When did he say that western education is haram?
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by Neduzze5(m): 6:58am On May 23, 2013
Who knows? He might be using an Ipad!
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by kamelonaire(m): 9:46am On May 23, 2013
arthgideon:

after u have add him, ur first taget burn blast
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by kamelonaire(m): 9:47am On May 23, 2013
arthgideon:

after u have add him, he wil tel u ur first mensn it tink u shld add him
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by dgb4(m): 10:53am On May 23, 2013
this must be a joke sad
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by dgb4(m): 11:26am On May 23, 2013
please if u gat a mutual friend with this guy, you better knock him off,
investigation into this facebook account is going on now.

Thank me later wink
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by naptu2: 8:15pm On May 23, 2013
Someone at the airport in Niger where Shekau allegedly passed through, according to the Facebook "places" feature, reports seeing a delegation of military men and "white men" passing through the airport around that time.

https://www.nairaland.com/1300422/boko-haram-leader-shekau-fled
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by nas4q(m): 1:12pm On Jun 02, 2013
roybassey: you r so right.
He liked those pages so as to follow currents updates from those pages. He wanted to know what is going on...
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by MayraC(f): 11:16pm On Jun 12, 2013
Seriously Seems like a lil fake..R Boko-Haram leader so stupid to open a fb account AND post his localisation
R they so stupid to take such risk But, with crazy people, u never know tho..Facebook should be alerted AND immediatly close their accounts..I strongly believe that some crazy people can even send a request to be their friend.. tongue
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, Opens Facebook Profile! by Olyboy16(m): 3:50pm On Jul 17, 2013
holyvirgin:
Religion of peace indeed!
. Hey, u nid to watch that bro. I culd stil recolect boko haram killing over 10 pple in a bombing on a central mosque in kano nd many others. These terrorists only hide under the disguise of islam because its the major host of most sects nd it wil also make the sect look more serious acounting on sadam, bin laden nd others. You should note that there are other military sects too terorising naija but not in d name of islam. Pls, investigate on matters b4 concluding

Senate: Buhari Has No Plan To End Recession / Disquiet In Buhari’s Camp Over Saraki, Tambuwal, Kwankwaso / Ahmad Lawan: Drug Barons Funding Terrorists, Bandits

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55