Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,181 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths (13350 Views)

Idle Youths Should Go Get A Life Buhari Never Promised N5,000 – Labour Minister / Imo Palm Plantation: Okorocha Threatens To Invite EFCC / Okorocha Threatens To Dethrone Partisan Monarchs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by mactonnyso: 7:11pm On May 21, 2013
Rochas-Rochas i salute you!!! the only gov. that combines politics with comedy show, not bad for a beginner.
Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by breadplanet(f): 7:15pm On May 21, 2013
SlyIg: Imo youths are lucky!
sad
yea right!
Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by owobokiri(m): 7:16pm On May 21, 2013
Ogbonaikenna: This man is a clown

Why is he a clown? Because he spoke against "sagging" and threatened those who don't want to be engaged in any sort of productive activity? Take it or leave it; Okorocha is the best governor from Imo state since Dee Mbakwe. His works are there to prove that.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by Nightshift(m): 7:16pm On May 21, 2013
Gov Okorocha should know that one can take a horse to a river, but can't force it to drink water. His style of governance still amazes people. He can not change the culture of ' erimeri' in Imo youths by threatening them with incarceration.
Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by doctokwus: 7:18pm On May 21, 2013
This is d clown dey want to become vp;After GEJ,may d country not be caught wt cluelessness again.Ohakim was criminally minded,but Rochas has no idea of d meaning of governance
Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by Okijajuju: 7:19pm On May 21, 2013
I called this man an assclown, people para..

I dey laff..

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by samilo88(m): 7:23pm On May 21, 2013
Whoever still takes this man's word seriously is too slow to understand sarcasm..
Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by Nightshift(m): 7:24pm On May 21, 2013
owobokiri:

Why is he a clown? Because he spoke against "sagging" and threatened those who don't want to be engaged in any sort of productive activity? Take it or leave it; Okorocha is the best governor from Imo state since Dee Mbakwe. His works are therie to prove that.
Stop it if it's a joke! Okorocha can not be able to offer late Sam Onunaka Mbakwe a cup of water. Mbakwe combined selfless service with humility. A characteristic I never noticed in any other politician East of the Niger. Mbakwe was loved throughout Igboland - from Enyimba city to Onitsha Ado n'idu!

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by Marineetyon(m): 7:31pm On May 21, 2013
donedy: I love the governor's style: He is indirectly pleading for them to go back to kidnapping and arm-robbery.
you're just saying my mind.
Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by MajeOfficial: 7:34pm On May 21, 2013
van bonattel: Sagging rules, saw one girl today who sagged her jeans and the dirty undies were showing, she bent down to buy vegetable, come see black dirty looking craw-craw infested yansh! Chai, some guys dey suffer o!
LMFFAAOOOOOO!!! AAHAAHHAAA!!!

This whole thread is cracking me up. Okorocha needs to calm down
Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by owobokiri(m): 7:34pm On May 21, 2013
Nightshift: Stop it if it's a joke! Okorocha can not be able to offer late Sam Onunaka Mbakwe a cup of water. Mbakwe combined selfless service with humility. A characteristic I never noticed in any politician East of the Niger. Mbakwe was loved throughout Igboland - from Enyimba city to Onitsha Ado n'idu!

Mbakwe was not all good news to the whole Imo people not to talk of the whole east.., do yuo know? Ask orlu poeople whom he totally neglected because his political foe came from there. Yet i TOTALLY agree that he was the best governor of his time.Okorocha is building roads at a speed never seen in the history of that state, rebuilding almost all the schools, building a brand new university and then this Some people were here few days ago praising the Osun state governor for stuff like this but Rochas is going to have you guys rain on his parade because he lambasted lazy youths "sagging" their pants while refusing "inferior" farm work? Imo imports almost all her food. I say; pull off their sagging pants and get them into some farms for some needed moment of productivity. Okorocha may not be your Donald Duke, but he is getting the job done!

4 Likes

Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by Nightshift(m): 7:54pm On May 21, 2013
I have seen authorities stop lazy youths from collecting unemployment benefits if they refuse to attend job interviews over sometimes. Nobody ever got arrested for refusing to work in a democratic dispensation like ours. We do not have a Gestapo government in Nigeria!

@ Owobokri, if you compare Okorocha with Mbakwe in Aba (even in Owerri), I bet you will get stoned by those who witnessed Mbakwe's government in larger Imo State.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by owobokiri(m): 7:57pm On May 21, 2013
Nightshift: I have seen authorities stop lazy youths from collecting unemployment benefits if they refuse to attend job interviews over sometimes. Nobody ever got arrested for refusing to work in a democratic dispensation like ours. We do not have a Gestapo government in Nigeria!

@ Owobokri, if you compare Okorocha with Mbakwe in Aba (even in Owerri), I bet you will get stoned by those who witnessed Mbakwe's government in larger Imo State.

Okorocha is barely 2 years in office...rememeber
Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by Dykecosby: 7:59pm On May 21, 2013
johnwizey: Seun *̣̣̣̣̣̣̥*̣̣̣̣̣̣̥is*̣̣̣̣̣̣̥*̣̣̣̣̣̣̥ his first born.....D̶̲̥̅̊ª†̥s why he *̣̣̣̣̣̣̥*̣̣̣̣̣̣̥is*̣̣̣̣̣̣̥*̣̣̣̣̣̣̥ also givin us 21 commandment BTW, D̶̲̥̅̊ª†̥s one na sharia law o
This what i call 'Bb madness'
Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by Missonas(f): 8:00pm On May 21, 2013

They just dont knw it *smh*.this is commendable!
Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by manny4life(m): 8:07pm On May 21, 2013
When a governor forget about his importance in office - responsible for implementation economic, and social policies that will help drive his state, this is what you have. Imo Comedy Central... He never fails to disappoint. What has sagging (though a unacceptable norm) got to do with Imo's economy or unemployment?

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by naUgotire: 8:10pm On May 21, 2013
donedy: I love the governor's style: He is indirectly pleading for them to go back to kidnapping and arm-robbery.

You see how stupid you are? With this kaine english, you go dey claim say u go school or say u be student. Pathetic fool, "arm-robber" Your parents don waste their money finish say dem dey pay school fees for u.
Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by ujchief(m): 8:22pm On May 21, 2013
Whenever this man picks up the microphone, he chats like an uneducated comedian!!!

What stops him from making agriculture more attractive via mechanized farming, by so doing, the youths will fancy going back to the farms.

Waiting for Abagworo and Berem/Gbanikiti to come and defend their 'comedian-in-chief'.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by MrKinkey: 8:24pm On May 21, 2013
Nightshift: I have seen authorities stop lazy youths from collecting unemployment benefits if they refuse to attend job interviews over sometimes. Nobody ever got arrested for refusing to work in a democratic dispensation like ours. We do not have a Gestapo government in Nigeria!

Man, you've spoken with wisdom. Nigeria will never be developed until we are rid of these whole lot of despotic Idi Amin's and Mobutu's in the making we call leaders. The last governor of that state was flogging people this one is arresting people for commiting no crime. But one can't lay the blame on them entirely, there is also the people who put them in power.
Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by bb6xt(m): 8:24pm On May 21, 2013
Forcing a man to work is slavery. It is even moreso when u compel him to work in some demeaning, menial chore irrespective of his training or competencies. Someone should let Okorocha know that slavery was abolished hundreds of years ago. I've always respected this man but this posturing is ill-adviced and reeks of crass showmanship and playing to the gallery.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by Nobody: 8:29pm On May 21, 2013
jbaur24: No wonder imo state is the hotbed of kidnappers and prostitutes. What a people ruled by morons.
sharap! epileptic pig. keep on celebrating idiocy. Ani mpam!
Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by elbinmanny(m): 8:37pm On May 21, 2013
This is cluelessness stinking to high heavens!!!!!!! undecided
Arrest unemployed graduates and those who couldn't afford education??
And wat is this dress code rule for? When he was a boy didn't he participate in this youthful things and dressing that reigned supreme then! Wat a clown shockedshockedshocked
Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by Symphony007: 8:40pm On May 21, 2013
Just 100 days in office and i've renovated the imo state secretariat, before that place use to fall people and scatter their teeth.-- rochas okorocha, giving a speech on his 100 days in office.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by Symphony007: 8:43pm On May 21, 2013
This is the same governour who last christmass dressed like santa claus and was giving out rice and wrapper in imo. Nothing he does or says should shock you.
Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by fallingsky(m): 8:55pm On May 21, 2013
Most of you guys here on nairaland are clown!!!
Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by ifyalways(f): 9:02pm On May 21, 2013
Imo house of comedy.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by Kelechigodwin(m): 9:03pm On May 21, 2013
I pity Imo Youths, the conclusion of ds message said dt the 10,000 jobs by the former administration was marred with fraud, he suspends them, review nd release but refuse to absorb, now he call Imo Youths together to say rubbish, dnt worry 2015 is fast approaching, they will teach u a lesson, clown!
Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by Diasporan(m): 9:04pm On May 21, 2013
Symphony007: This is the same governour who last christmass dressed like santa claus and was giving out rice and wrapper in a in imo. Nothing he does or says should shock you.
What is all these?
Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by Afam4eva(m): 9:11pm On May 21, 2013
My only problem with Rochas is that he tries to get involved in the way people live their lives which is not ideal though he has their best interest at heart. He should just do his part and leave people to live their life. Fashola tries it by arresting ladies with provocative dressing and people who wore dunlop slippers and failed.
Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by MajeOfficial: 9:12pm On May 21, 2013
It looks like Nairaland has been a hotbed for all of Nigeria's lazy, SAGGING, jobless youths LOL. O boy, see how everyone is getting upset. If you're a reasonable person this law shouldn't effect you. I find it funny. Seun may have to reconsider his APC bias, Okorocha is coming for his primary demographic !

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by Abagworo(m): 9:15pm On May 21, 2013
Maxymilliano: .

He assured that those who would be involved in agricultural jobs, especially farming, would be adequately taken care of , while those that are not interested in other jobs would be engaged.

Some youths who listened to the Governor’s speech were not happy that he laid emphasis on the agricultural aspect of the job and“sagging”, which they particularly said had nothing do with job creation.

http://blueprintng.com/2013/05/okorocha-threatens-to-arrest-idle-youths/

I'm impressed with his emphasis on agriculture. Those unhappy youths are living in fools paradise. They all want to work in oil company. The hope of Nigeria and Africa lies in agriculture.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by Missonas(f): 9:17pm On May 21, 2013
bb6xt: Forcing a man to work is slavery. It is even moreso when u compel him to work in some demeaning, menial chore irrespective of his training or competencies. Someone should let Okorocha know that slavery was abolished hundreds of years ago. I've always respected this man but this posturing is ill-adviced and reeks of crass showmanship and playing to the gallery.

If u dnt want 2work as a youngman 2eat ur meal then dont and stay hungry.in d uk once u 18 u on ur own sum peeps get kickd out sef.lol.why dont u all wait to see what dis man is about.did u say demeaning?in a country where there are no jobs do itz citizens have a choice/choices?no1 is asking u 2go sharpen ur cutlasses jeez!or dnt dey av qualified graduates as agriculturists in imo?what about the graduate drivers that were recently employed with dangote.aw many state governors have openly cum up with a way 2address dis plague calld 'unemployment' sides d filln of forms in ur state civil service which y'all knw aw dat one dey take be.easy pple abeg,give d man a break.itz a way 4ward and itz worth a trial i'd say #my50cents#

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See What Nnamdi Kanu Is Up To If He Accomplish Biafra / Health Minister Performs Groundbreaking For 500-capacity Female Hostel At UNIBEN / Governor Yakowa Brother Dies In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.