Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Imo Palm Plantation: Okorocha Threatens To Invite EFCC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Palm Plantation: Okorocha Threatens To Invite EFCC (1697 Views)

Soyinka To Wike: You Are Feeling Insecure, Invite EFCC / Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths / Petition To Invite EFCC And ICP To Probe Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo Palm Plantation: Okorocha Threatens To Invite EFCC by BlackPikiN(m): 4:32am On May 08, 2012
By CHIDI NKWOPARA
OWERRI—Imo State governor, Chief Rochas Okorocha, has threatened to invite the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, to quiz and prosecute those found to have defrauded government-owned Imo Palm Plantation.

Governor Okorocha, who read the riot act when he paid a visit to the establishment, also expressed anger over what he described as massive fraud perpetrated by the last administration.

“The last administration left the establishment in a debt profile of over N1 billion. This includes about N450 million deposited for palm products that were not supplied and N750 million owed as salaries and allowances,” Okorocha said.

He reassured the citizenry that government would make the alleged culprits face the full weight of the law, adding that he was resolute in reviving and repositioning Imo Palm Plantation.

He directed the new management of the plantation to give five percent of the profit to the host communities, adding that the policy was in line with his proposed fourth-tier government.

Welcoming the governor earlier, the Managing Director, Neil Danby, said the new management had introduced several innovations aimed at repositioning the establishment for optimal production.

One of the highlights of the event was a tour of the plantation, the modern milling plant that would soon be installed and the inspection of the 85,000 improved palm seedlings imported from Cuba by the new management.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/05/imo-palm-plantation-okorocha-threatens-to-invite-efcc/
Re: Imo Palm Plantation: Okorocha Threatens To Invite EFCC by egift(m): 7:40am On May 08, 2012
But does it mean EFCC only act when you print and send them an invitation card? No wonder they are sleeping.
Re: Imo Palm Plantation: Okorocha Threatens To Invite EFCC by Mynd44: 8:01am On May 08, 2012
I am not comfortable with something and it is the threatened part. If they committed a crime, why threaten them? Why not just call the Economics(EFCC) and be done with it? Why must you warn them first?
Re: Imo Palm Plantation: Okorocha Threatens To Invite EFCC by PointB: 8:48am On May 08, 2012
@Egift,
I agree with EFCC should be more proactive, and investigate some of these allegation. Besides, EFCC should be the one issuing threats to 'would-be-troublemakers and fraudsters'.

Palm produce was one if not the most important cash crop pre-oil economy, and would take it position when the crude oil finally dries (hopefully soon). Any and all efforts put in place by the Imo State government to revive this critical facility (or the oil production industry)is commendable. For Nigeria South East Zone to be better, all hands must be on deck, and we must capitalize on our area of strength and endowment.
Re: Imo Palm Plantation: Okorocha Threatens To Invite EFCC by FACE(m): 12:13pm On May 08, 2012
The full story is on Imo website. I find it interesting that the arrangement with the management company has already generated 3.5 Billion for Imo state.

The other day, Rochas also declared that several hundred millions (can't remember the figure) have also been made through the arrangement with the management company of ITC.

I also remember that he said that Concorde hotel was now generating enough money to run a significant portion of the culture and tourism ministry and the ministry was moving towards self financing with further income to the state.

Kudos to him ; I think that Imo is on course with generating significant revenue internally and creating more employment.

Speaking further during the visit, the governor disclosed that the present agreement between the Rocche Group and Imo State government has earned about 3.5 billion naira for the State.

He directed the management of Roche Group to give 5% of the profit from the plantation to the landlord Communities in line with the concepts of the Community government and urged them to focus more on job creation so as to ensure that about 3000 new job opportunities are created in the establishment.

Earlier, the Managing Director of Imo Palm Plantation (formerly known as Adapalm Nig. Ltd.,) Neil Danby said the management has introduced several innovations to revive and reposition the establishment for optimal productivity, adding that machines with modern technology in agro-business have been imported and put into use with a view to increasing the output in Imo Palm Plantation in the nearest future. Danby further disclosed that Roche Group has received delivery of a modern milling plant which will soon be installed to enhance productivity

http://www.imostate.gov.ng/news/975
Re: Imo Palm Plantation: Okorocha Threatens To Invite EFCC by madridguy(m): 9:46pm On Apr 15, 2017
Dear Youngbabaj,

I got your PM, could you please tell me why you need to send me a private mail? Am sorry if I sound rude.
Re: Imo Palm Plantation: Okorocha Threatens To Invite EFCC by youngbabaj(m): 6:34am On Apr 16, 2017
madridguy:
Dear Youngbabaj,

I got your PM, could you please tell me why you need to send me a private mail? Am sorry if I sound rude.

just wanna know how this nairaland works,,, cause I dont understand at all, do they pay ?
cos in some comments I read about sum1 claiming he hasnt received alert.yet,

please am sorry for disturbin u
Re: Imo Palm Plantation: Okorocha Threatens To Invite EFCC by madridguy(m): 6:54am On Apr 16, 2017
Funny you grin grin No one is paying anyone. Maybe it was some wailers comments " PDP supporters that you came across that they used to attacked Pro-Buhari on this platform as they called us " Buhari Media Center " ( BMC) and they claimed we received salary for supporting Sai Baba grin which is not true.
Sorry bro, no one dey pay anyone oooo grin

Good morning and Happy Easter.

youngbabaj:

just wanna know how this nairaland works,,, cause I dont understand at all, do they pay ?
cos in some comments I read about sum1 claiming he hasnt received alert.yet,

please am sorry for disturbin u
Re: Imo Palm Plantation: Okorocha Threatens To Invite EFCC by chiscodedon(m): 6:55am On Apr 16, 2017
Efcc needs first look into his loot..let's see who would be indicted first
Re: Imo Palm Plantation: Okorocha Threatens To Invite EFCC by youngbabaj(m): 7:01am On Apr 16, 2017
madridguy:
Funny you grin grin No one is paying anyone. Maybe it was some wailers comments " PDP supporters that you came across that they used to attacked Pro-Buhari on this platform as they called us " Buhari Media Center " ( BMC) and they claimed we received salary for supporting Sai Baba grin which is not true.
Sorry bro, no one dey pay anyone oooo grin

Good morning and Happy Easter.

hehehehehehehe, thanks boss, I really appreciate this, God bless you,,, now I understand
Re: Imo Palm Plantation: Okorocha Threatens To Invite EFCC by madridguy(m): 7:04am On Apr 16, 2017
Ameen and you too.

youngbabaj:

hehehehehehehe, thanks boss, I really appreciate this, God bless you,,, now I understand

(1) (Reply)

Mobi Oparaku, Brutalized By Some Policemen / GEJ (PDP) Vs Ameachi (APC) 2015 Who Will U Vote??? / Association Of Dead Nigerians. (ADN) Only For The Dead Pls.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.