Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

Terrorist Informants In The Army Arrested - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Terrorist Informants In The Army Arrested (21415 Views)

The Notorious Boko Haram Kingpin Who Was Arrested Today By The Army..photos / Some Weapons Re-Captured From Boko Haram By The Army (Photo) / Amaechi Dares Jonathan, Says He’s Part Of Obasanjo’s Informants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Terrorist Informants In The Army Arrested by Nobody: 9:04am On May 23, 2013
** Army arrests saboteur soldiers

May 23, 2013

By KINGSLEY OMONOBI

ABUJA—THE Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Azubuike Ihejirika, said, yesterday, that soldiers who leaked information to terrorists about the movement of troops to Mali for AFISMA operations, thereby leading to the ambush and killing of two soldiers along the Okene-Lokoja road, have been arrested and are to face a military court martial.

This was just as he disclosed that the Army will, this week, take delivery of 10, 000 bullet proof vests, as well as 10, 000 bullet proof helmets for use of troops deployed in several operations.

Ihejirika who spoke at the 2013 Nigerian Army transformation seminar, noted that contrary to insinuations that the battle to dislodge terrorists from the North had led to shortage of troops for other operations; the Nigerian Army had enough manpower that was battle ready to undertake more challenges and tasks as may be directed by the Federal Government.

His words: “I want to say that our troops have really done well with regards to assigned tasks in ongoing operations. Moreover, we have set up Standing Monitoring Teams for all such ongoing operations and they update us with regards to ensuring that rules of engagement are followed.

“It was through the work of the monitoring team in AFISMA operation in Mali, that we got to know that one of our soldiers fell sick and later, DIED. Let me at this juncture THANK MR. PRESIDENT for approving a PRESIDENTIAL JET to bring home the body of the Sergeant from Mali

“Presently, we are training 1,000 soldiers to become better and more effective amphibious soldiers for JTF operations in the Niger Delta. They will become better seamen. In this regards, the Navy has been of tremendous assistance by allowing us use of the Navy’s Amphibious training facilities.

“As I am talking to you, we have established a Battalion known as the 101 Reserve Battalion to be directly under Army headquarters. It will not be deployed for ongoing terrorism clampdown. It will just be on standby for any assigned task. Already out of the 100 percent requirements needed for its take off, we have met about 60 percent.

“This shows that we are ready and prepared to take on even more challenges. This also explains why in building capacity,we made it mandatory that all troops and officers coming out of depot and other military institutions must undergo counter-terrorism courses”.

Speaking further, the COAS said, “Since the end of military era and commencing of democratic rule, the Nigerian Army has not witnessed as much support and provision of accommodation facilities as we have now and this has impacted seriously on the morale of officers and soldiers”.

“This administration has done a lot for the army. Tomorrow, I will take delivery of 10, 000 bullet proof vests and 10, 000 bullet proof helmets from the office of the National Security Adviser for our operations”.

“Let me at this point warn against giving out vital information both at Army headquarters and formations level which put at risk, our operations or that of our troops. The consequences will be appliedto the letter. A Soldier who gave out information that led to the killing of troops going to Mali hasbeen arrested and will soon face court martial”.

“Some soldiers give out information through internet and online services that compromise the fight against insurgents and compromise our operations. I have directed the Directorate of Military intelligence and the Military Police to search for these officers, who should get appropriate punishment”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/mali-operation-army-arrests-saboteur-soldiers/

2 Likes

Re: Terrorist Informants In The Army Arrested by bigt2(m): 9:10am On May 23, 2013
The topics contradicts the body of the post..... sad

5 Likes

Re: Terrorist Informants In The Army Arrested by Nobody: 9:20am On May 23, 2013
big-t:
The topics contradicts the body of the post..... sad
Did you miss the part of the report that states:

“It was through the work of the monitoring team in AFISMA operation in Mali, that we got to know that one of our soldiers fell sick and later, died. Let me at this juncture thank Mr. President for approving a Presidential Jet tobring home the body of the Sergeant from Mali"

3 Likes

Re: Terrorist Informants In The Army Arrested by Nobody: 9:27am On May 23, 2013
Modified!
Re: Terrorist Informants In The Army Arrested by Nobody: 9:32am On May 23, 2013
berem: Nigeria has the highest number of private jet owners so i wonder why i should celebrate a dead soldier being brought home by a presidential jet. How many presidential jets does Jonathan have btw?
RIP to the soldier who lost his life.
And who asked you to celebrate the report? This is an INFORMATION and it is your right to be INFORMED. If you dont want to be INFORMED, you may as well stop visiting NL

23 Likes

Re: Terrorist Informants In The Army Arrested by Nobody: 11:12am On May 23, 2013
berem: Nigeria has the highest number of private jet owners so i wonder why i should celebrate a dead soldier being brought home by a presidential jet. How many presidential jets does Jonathan have btw?
are you a traitoress? Please start talking in the right way.

1 Like

Re: Terrorist Informants In The Army Arrested by Nobody: 11:28am On May 23, 2013
RIP gallant soldier.

2 Likes

Re: Terrorist Informants In The Army Arrested by WIZGUY69(m): 3:48pm On May 23, 2013
adino:

I have been ignoring you all this while, you are just a silly badly brought up and confused girl. I pity your husband if you have one.
bros! Who tell u say na girl he be?
Re: Terrorist Informants In The Army Arrested by Nobody: 3:49pm On May 23, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
And who asked you to celebrate the report? This is an INFORMATION and it is your right to be INFORMED. If you dont want to be INFORMED, you may as well stop visiting NL
It's good you modified your thread. that was the stupidest thread i have seen in a long while.
Re: Terrorist Informants In The Army Arrested by WIZGUY69(m): 3:50pm On May 23, 2013
chidindufrank: are you a traitoress? Please start talking in the right way.
i dnt blame him/her...person wey be somalia citizen! Wetin dem knw?
Re: Terrorist Informants In The Army Arrested by dplomaticVal: 3:51pm On May 23, 2013
The
Hunter's
Now
The
Huntd
Re: Terrorist Informants In The Army Arrested by MadCow1: 3:52pm On May 23, 2013

1 Like

Re: Terrorist Informants In The Army Arrested by Nuzo1(m): 3:54pm On May 23, 2013
Traitors should be fished out and buried alive. Tenks. angry
Re: Terrorist Informants In The Army Arrested by Tintinix: 3:56pm On May 23, 2013

You should celebrate because it should tell you that at least for this case there is a sense of respect and dignity being restored to the Nigerian Military.

3 Likes

Re: Terrorist Informants In The Army Arrested by frankkky: 3:58pm On May 23, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/mali-operation-army-arrests-saboteur-soldiers/
nice one,i love this cheif of army staff very brave and says it how it is,sir also i think you should look into members of the military on socail media,the way some military personnel post combat pictures and informations on facebook would make you wonder
Re: Terrorist Informants In The Army Arrested by free2ryhme: 3:58pm On May 23, 2013
pls help corroborate the body of this story to the topic .. una wey sabi post we no sabi read make una yarn ooo

1 Like

Re: Terrorist Informants In The Army Arrested by OCTAVO: 3:59pm On May 23, 2013
Re: Terrorist Informants In The Army Arrested by abatajjvii: 4:00pm On May 23, 2013
Bomb the hediot
Re: Terrorist Informants In The Army Arrested by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 23, 2013
THEY SHOULD BE MADE TO SUFFER THEIR OFFENCES, PLS OUR HUMBLE PRESIDENT, DO NOT ORDER THEIR RELEASE AGAIN.
Re: Terrorist Informants In The Army Arrested by chuksboniface: 4:02pm On May 23, 2013
why must they say everthing to the media, were is their inteligency, the militry and the police should talk less please
Re: Terrorist Informants In The Army Arrested by fitzmayowa: 4:02pm On May 23, 2013
That's good news, they should their fellow rag heads in their search of 72 untouched virgins...SMH

1 Like

Re: Terrorist Informants In The Army Arrested by Nobody: 4:03pm On May 23, 2013
Exponental: Berem....delete ur post. Guys are ready to finish u here.
BTW, topic n msg error!
yes i have my dear. I didn't even know the thread and the title have been modified. thanks!
Re: Terrorist Informants In The Army Arrested by AnanseK(m): 4:05pm On May 23, 2013
The COAS in my view is becoming a politician and another apple polisher, a courtier and a sycophant. Spies,traitors and double-agents are as old as war itself.He should stop grouchind and groaning about one informant in the army.There were hundreds and thousands of informers in all wars around the world. The success of war is not only about killing people and destroying buildings but also about sealing all information leaks and maintaining military morale and alligiance.This BH war,is not even a war with a proper trained army for God' sake!
I am a "bloody civilian" not even qualified to speak to an army coporal about the strategies and challenges of military engagement. But why is Ihejirika pretending that having a super grass during conflict is unusual and must be shared with the whole population and the rest of the world? There will always be informants as long as there are conflicts. Informants are very common among police even in their everyday work and this is all over the world - but variable in extent among nations.Will the COAS continue to inform us everyday he gets an information leak in his plans? I think he should better get on with the work(including the management of information leaks) and stop grouching.Unless he has a sinister motive and an agenda.

5 Likes

Re: Terrorist Informants In The Army Arrested by Omen100(m): 4:05pm On May 23, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

insincere Nigga, you are working so hard for your pay, if I was you, I won't give anyone a penny from my hard earned pay. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Terrorist Informants In The Army Arrested by datarex: 4:05pm On May 23, 2013
berem: Modified!
Re: Terrorist Informants In The Army Arrested by tomakint: 4:06pm On May 23, 2013
Ihejirika remains my best Chief of Army Staff till date, he is such a brave man that he is not afraid to voice out his mind against any form of oppression within the army! Great job Sir!
Re: Terrorist Informants In The Army Arrested by Omen100(m): 4:08pm On May 23, 2013
AnanseK: The COAS in my view is becoming a politician and another apple polisher, a courtier and a sycophant. Spies,traitors and double-agents are as old as war itself.He should stop grouchind and groaning about one informant in the army.There were hundreds and thousands of informers in all wars around the world. The success of war is not only about killing people and destroying buildings but also about sealing all information leaks and maintaining military morale and alligiance. I am a "bloody civilian" not even qualified to speak to an army coporal about the strategies and challenges of military engagement. But why is Ihejirika pretending that having a super grass during conflict is unusual and must be shared with the whole population and the rest of the world? There will always be informants as long as there are conflicts. Informants are very common among police even in their everyday work and this is all over the world - but variable among nations.Will the COAS continue to inform us everyday he gets an information leak in his plans? I think he should better get on with the work(including the management of information leaks) and stop gruching.Unless he has a sinister motive and an agenda.

please bro, help inform that spoiled fruitcake called insincere Nigga.
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Terrorist Informants In The Army Arrested by creativemusic: 4:09pm On May 23, 2013
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community / Edun Olabanji Emerges Lagos One-day Governor / Peter Obi Visits Vatican For The Canonization Of Mother Teresa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.