Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,670 members, 7,955,439 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:53 AM

When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? (20874 Views)

Help! My Friend Wants To Divorce Her Husband For Kissing Their Baby. / I Love My Wife. I Caught My Bestfriend bedding Her, Should I Divorce Her. / I Don't Want To Divorce Her,but Do I Have Any Choice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 1:29pm On May 23, 2013
Shollypopz: Why did I come to Nairaland this morning ehn??!......This is so depressing, I just want to cry.

Where d heck do we start from?...... I mean this is what these women will pass on to their young girls, it's fvcked up!

Oh you have no idea.
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 23, 2013
I am depressed. This is just too much for me to deal with sad
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by maclatunji: 1:41pm On May 23, 2013
jennykadry:

No, I think it's worse there. When you are done laughing we can discuss like two mature adults. Until then.....

Awwww... ok, I stopped laughing.
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by AtheistD(m): 1:44pm On May 23, 2013
Vikin:

Am telling you! cheesy cheesy..maybe if am that brainwash by religion, am sure I will fall in the category of rat poisoning grin

Oh my G...

But the bible allows divorce on infidelity grounds so these women aree talking nonsense. I dont encourage divorce myself but there are many reasons for divorce.

Most of these women would divorce their men if finances were not there and they had better options wink

1 Like

Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by shikenosa: 1:50pm On May 23, 2013
Can't we speak english in dis country anymore...werin all dose gurlz abi na women dey yarn sef..Lord av mercy
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 1:50pm On May 23, 2013
ffing ur religion n culture is beta u know? grin
buh dat part wen a woman witnesses d death of her husband xpecially igbo land. they den tell her to drink her husbands ***** n they scrape her hair. very bad...very bad culture my foot! am a man n I knw. i wouldn't allow my sis to go through dat horrror dead or alive.
but if d woman dies ntin like day will appen ! igbos in d forum y?
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by MMotimo: 1:51pm On May 23, 2013
The fact is that a lot of these women today, cheated with married men before they became married, what goes around comes around. You marry a street girl with no discernible value system other than to be called someone's wife at all cost, she's not going to complain about cheating.

As for beating, so many come from an abused background and have never known true love and affection. Any kind of attention, even if it's a spouse beating or causing emotional abuse, is good attention. It beats the loneliness and dejection that has pervaded their lives from birth.

Mothers, love your children, show them love so that they do not become a disgrace to womanhood and motherhood when they grow up, settling for less than they are worth. The pain of rejection causes lifelong problems for these kinds of people, not just in their marriage but every area of their life.

6 Likes

Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by yuzedo: 1:51pm On May 23, 2013
wellllll, i always avocate a divorse if a horseband is bitting his woman severly angry angry angry......... unless he have a house in Banana Island. wink neva live ur reach horseband. good reach & handsom horseband is had to find in macket! (CNN Daily Knews iReport 2012) angry

1 Like

Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Biggoozz: 1:53pm On May 23, 2013
Divorce is a cancer, It has destroyed America and I am happy it is not going to be very successful soon in Nigeria. Of course violence and cheating against a spouse is criminal and should be dealt with, but we must find other family healthy solutions and not divorce.
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Biggoozz: 1:54pm On May 23, 2013
If people do not have the discipline to handle marriage and reproduction, they should turn the other way when they see the opposite sex and stop producing dysfunctional homes and emotionally wounded people that in turn create problems for the society.

1 Like

Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by 50calibre(m): 1:55pm On May 23, 2013
Wow! I've been missing a lot, there are still real women in Nigeria which is glad to hear, I thought they've all been infected by the virus called feminism.

So where are all these women on NL getting their ideologies from?
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by andyanders: 1:57pm On May 23, 2013
The dowries paid to buy most women in Nigeria is responsible for most actions been perpetrated by either.

Some men fail apartment from their wives as a result of much demand from their inlaws and most women who are just over material things now still break the vows of marriage and sleep outside because of greed and money.
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by oluking: 1:58pm On May 23, 2013
Shollypopz: Why did I come on Nairaland this morning ehn??!......This is so depressing, I just want to cry.

Where d heck do we start from?...... I mean this is what these women will pass on to their young girls, it's fvcked up!

Pele take am easy when e reach your turn u go endure...u Might even name one of your pikin ENDURANCE grin

2 Likes

Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by TableLeg(m): 1:59pm On May 23, 2013
MMotimo: The fact is that a lot of these women today, cheated with married men before they became married, what goes around comes around. You marry a street girl with no discernible value system other than to be called someone's wife at all cost, she's not going to complain about cheating.

As for beating, so many come from an abused background and have never known true love and affection. Any kind of attention, even if it's a spouse beating or causing emotional abuse, is good attention. It beats the loneliness and dejection that has pervaded their lives from birth.

Mothers, love your children, show them love so that they do not become a disgrace to womanhood and motherhood when they grow up, settling for less than they are worth. The pain of rejection causes lifelong problems for these kinds of people, not just in their marriage but every area of their life.

Good piece ....

1 Like

Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by FulaniBOII(m): 2:04pm On May 23, 2013
grin Haha dont know why but this thing is damn funny. I was laughin n watchin.

1 Like

Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 23, 2013
Nashville: The feminists warriors are still a minority in Nigeria. The average Nigerian woman will stay with a cheating or even violent husband and that is the sad truth and there are many reasons for this.

Nigeria is a status society and one such societal status is being called Mrs. Another thing is that some women are not financially empowered to be independent so they have no financial means of surviving on their own. We do not have strong divorce laws so if the woman leaves she may get absolutely nothing.

Lastly, the truth is that Nigerian women cheat as much as the men. Who do the men cheat with, isn't is women. Most married men cheat with single ladies, who later get married and their own husbands cheat on them. The truth is that what goes around comes around and the cycle goes on and everybody understands it. Men cheat and women cheat, even married women so both parties can understand when/why it happens.
sad truth. Thought the last paragraph is a half truth.the men are way better at cheating
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by toluleke(m): 2:06pm On May 23, 2013
had dis discussion weeks back same fins from d girls and cheating men were proud of it...even d religious ones were pretending..HUSBAND SNATCHING IS D ORDER OF D DAY
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nuzo1(m): 2:07pm On May 23, 2013
A lady once told me that one of her conditions to date me is that I must be a jealous lover. And to show that, I must scold and beat her up if she does something I don't like. "Such act give me closure and assurance" she said.

True story!
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Israel5(m): 2:07pm On May 23, 2013
olofofoes! most ridiculous question of the year! my ridiculous answer will be on the dying bed!
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 2:08pm On May 23, 2013
50calibre: Wow! I've been missing a lot, there are still real women in Nigeria which is glad to hear, I thought they've all been infected by the virus called feminism.

and these are your real women?
Ok it's official now. I HATE YOU.

1 Like

Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by 50calibre(m): 2:09pm On May 23, 2013
Men Nigeria rough oh!! See the environs, the whole place looks haggard and disorganised, the English is nothing short of abysmal , vulcanising equipment lying around like an IED.

Nigeria has a long way to go.
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 2:10pm On May 23, 2013
lorretta u: and these are your real women?

shikenosa: Can't we speak english in dis country anymore...werin all dose gurlz abi na women dey yarn sef..Lord av mercy

Ok it's official. You both are comedians grin grin
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by oluking: 2:12pm On May 23, 2013
50calibre: Men Nigeria rough oh!! See the environs, the whole place looks haggard and disorganised, the English is nothing short of abysmal , vulcanising equipment lying around like an IED.

Oga u miss road come here! undecided
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 2:12pm On May 23, 2013
50calibre: Wow! I've been missing a lot, there are still real women in Nigeria which is glad to hear, I thought they've all been infected by the virus called feminism.

You really don't need to have a tag to know your worth as a human being. When a man divorces his wife is he a feminist too? Cos that is what I'm getting out of your post.

4 Likes

Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 2:15pm On May 23, 2013
50calibre: Men Nigeria rough oh!! See the environs, the whole place looks haggard and disorganised, the English is nothing short of abysmal , vulcanising equipment lying around like an IED.

i wasn't even sure at one point if someone was saying divorce or diverse.

education might help these women to realise many things and read THE WHOLE BIBLE and not pick and mix

1 Like

Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 2:15pm On May 23, 2013
Nuzo':
A lady once told me that one of her conditions to date me is that I must be a jealous lover. And to show that, I must scold and beat her up if she does something I don't like. "Such act give me closure and assurance" she said.

True story!

According to 50calibre these are the 'real Nigerian' women he would love to marry.

4 Likes

Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by 50calibre(m): 2:19pm On May 23, 2013
lorretta u: and these are your real women?

Yes you would hate me because you aren't a real African woman. All these shout of feminism by Nigerian women online is pure nonsense, most of you don't even know what true feminism means. Most of you here still rely on men for your livelihood.

1 Like

Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by 50calibre(m): 2:22pm On May 23, 2013
Nuzo':

True story!

You are one lucky dude
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 2:22pm On May 23, 2013
This is really sad, their mentality is killing me. Imagine that one saying she'll pray to God to change her husband when he's on the verge of beating her to death. They should keep allowing their husbands to disrespect them in the hopes that he'll change one day. The extent to which people have been blinded by religion is sickening.

Seriously, I give up on these women. There are some things you don't need somebody to tell you, use your head.

2 Likes

Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by AtheistD(m): 2:27pm On May 23, 2013
Biggoozz: Divorce is a cancer, It has destroyed America and I am happy it is not going to be very successful soon in Nigeria. Of course violence and [b]cheating against a spouse is criminal and should be dealt with, but we must find other family healthy solutions and not divorce.[/b]

Cheating is not criminal.

Nuzo':

True story!

She only told you what a lot of women are afraid to say. No need to beat them but be jealous. Nig women love men that are jealous and constantly on their neck over any attempted indiscretion. They cheat on those who are nonchalant and calm. They dont respect calm men.
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by olaezebala: 2:28pm On May 23, 2013
a Nigerian woman can divorce her Husband only wen her husband divorce her. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin lipsrsealed
Re: When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? by Nobody: 2:30pm On May 23, 2013
People think we just advise divorce for the fun of it. I actually hate divorce with a passion especially when kids are involved! But at the same time if things are not working out that your life becomes threatened, please leave. Yes cheating can be life threatening, I know some women who nursed STD's they contracted from their husbands. These men hardly use condoms o. It could be HIV tomorrow. nigerian women open your eyes. Your life is not a joke.

The cycle also continues with your kids if you think remaining there helps them. These ladies are evidence of such background.

I hope battabox does a response from the males. Lets see if it's just a female issue.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Who Is The Right Person To Choose As A Next Of Kin ? / Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be / Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.