Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,694 members, 7,823,949 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe (39908 Views)

Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis / 8 Reasons Why You Meet Few Hausa/Fulanis In The Uk / Nigeria Most Influential Monarch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 11:33pm On May 26, 2013
You have no argument. Wait till I post the Akan's, Fon, and Mende.

The Luo of Kenya(Obama alone should shiit on everything Fulani lol) and all other great tribes scattered around Africa.

2 Likes

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:40pm On May 26, 2013
Abiyamọ: I agree with you that the influence of the Tuaregs cannot be underestimated. However, apart from the fact that the Islamic Republic of Azawad (they are trying to use the same jihadist principle of expansion some readers are accusing the Fulanis of) is an unrecognized state (even Nigerian troops are there slugging it out with them), the National Movement for the Liberation of Azawad have already renounced their claims for independence. But at any rate, the conflict is still on, MNLA is already negotiating with the Malian government, let's see how it all ends.

PLEASE AGAIN YOU ARE ACTING IGNORANT! angry angry angry angry

I AM TALKING ABOUT THE MNLA HERE, THE TRUE LIBERATORS OF AZAWAD! THEY ARE SECULAR TUAREGS and In their legal statement, MNLA uses the name State of Azawad. NOT ISLAMIC REPUBLIC.

that is ANSAR DINE, the islamic millitant rebel group. MNLA is backed by the African council. Ansar Dine is backed by al-qaeda/boko haram. MNLA are enemies of Ansar DIne. Nigerian troops are fighting against Ansar DIne.

I hope MNLA suceeds.
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by ezotik: 11:42pm On May 26, 2013
Abiyamọ: Dangote is alive and his possibilities are endless.

why are u still calling him fulani and using him for ur assertion? coz the man seems to be hausa at least that's what ur wiki says on his profile. which is which? or the man is hausa-fulani? grin
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:43pm On May 26, 2013
shymexx: You have no argument. Wait till I post the Akan's, Fon, and Mende.

The Luo of Kenya(Obama alone should shiit on everything Fulani lol) and all other great tribes scattered around Africa.

obama is tribeless oyinbo akata half-bred american. he doesnt count.

3 Likes

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Abiyamo: 11:44pm On May 26, 2013
Hahaha...lol! Mansa Musa was more influential than Dangote will ever be....lol! That's very funny. How many African countries felt the impact of Mansa Kankan Musa when he was alive apart from his ostentatious display of wealth in his Mali and Ghana kingdoms? You make me laugh o, because you talk as if you don't know how many African nations Dangote has direct economic influence. And again, Dangote is still alive, he has a lot more ahead of him than a dead African king.

By the way, why are you now glorifying a king who was also got much of his influence via Islamic route, or were you not shouting Black consciousness yesterday crucifying Fulanis for promoting 'Arabian' culture, and here you are today glorifying a man whose major claim to fame was travelling to Mecca with over 70,000 men carrying gold bars? Come on, where is your black consciousness na? grin

Yeah, Timbuktu remains a World Heritage Site and I am not doubting that but many Northerners will rather pay a tribute to Sakwatto than risk their lives to Timbuktu, which is now unfortunately being turned to a ghost city.

No footballer needs to tie the lace of another. Didier Drogba is a legend but he still bows to a Fulani man, Issa Hayatou. This 'diatribe' is a very interesting one, no doubt. We can go on and on. But I will have to leave you now. Got more writing to do. I guess we hook up some other time. And did I just see Luos of Kenya? God! You are funny! Catch ya leira grin

shymexx:

Don't change the topic. The topic is about the most influential. Mansa Musa was more influential than Dangote will ever be. His name will forever be ingrained in the annals of history as the richest ever to walk this planet. Malian empire might be in ruins, but millions of tourists still go over there year in, year out, to witness its blessings to humanity. There's no city as famous as Timbuktu in sub-saharan Africa!!! That's the city of legends!! How many tourists visit the Sokoto caliphate? - that shows how inconsequential the place is.

All the footballers on that list combined can't lace Didier Drogba's boots!!! grin

Can the Fulani produce a Sekou Toure?

1 Like

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Abiyamo: 11:46pm On May 26, 2013
Let them succeed first. Then we talk. GTG now wink
PAGAN 9JA:

PLEASE AGAIN YOU ARE ACTING IGNORANT! angry angry angry angry

I AM TALKING ABOUT THE MNLA HERE, THE TRUE LIBERATORS OF AZAWAD! THEY ARE SECULAR TUAREGS and In their legal statement, MNLA uses the name State of Azawad. NOT ISLAMIC REPUBLIC.

that is ANSAR DINE, the islamic millitant rebel group. MNLA is backed by the African council. Ansar Dine is backed by al-qaeda/boko haram. MNLA are enemies of Ansar DIne. Nigerian troops are fighting against Ansar DIne.

I hope MNLA suceeds.
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:48pm On May 26, 2013
Abiyamọ: Let them succeed first. Then we talk. GTG now wink

dont worry ooo....they are almost there. cool
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 12:04am On May 27, 2013
Abiyamọ: Hahaha...lol! Mansa Musa was more influential than Dangote will ever be....lol! That's very funny. How many African countries felt the impact of Mansa Kankan Musa when he was alive apart from his ostentatious display of wealth in his Mali and Ghana kingdoms? You make me laugh o, because you talk as if you don't know how many African nations Dangote has direct economic influence. And again, Dangote is still alive, he has a lot more ahead of him than a dead African king.

By the way, why are you now glorifying a king who was also got much of his influence via Islamic route, or were you not shouting Black consciousness yesterday crucifying Fulanis for promoting 'Arabian' culture, and here you are today glorifying a man whose major claim to fame was travelling to Mecca with over 70,000 men carrying gold bars? Come on, where is your black consciousness na? grin

Yeah, Timbuktu remains a World Heritage Site and I am not doubting that but many Northerners will rather pay a tribute to Sakwatto than risk their lives to Timbuktu, which is now unfortunately being turned to a ghost city.

No footballer needs to tie the lace of another. Didier Drogba is a legend but he still bows to a Fulani man, Issa Hayatou. This 'diatribe' is a very interesting one, no doubt. We can go on and on. But I will have to leave you now. Got more writing to do. I guess we hook up some other time. And did I just see Luos of Kenya? God! You are funny! Catch ya leira grin

Mali empire was quintessentially an African empire. Islam came later on. So you can't allude its greatness to Islam. However, Jihad is the Fulani's claim to fame. Peep the difference.

Mansa Musa is definitely on the top-200 list of the most influential people in history. Anyway, where's the Fulani's version of Sekou Toure? grin

Btw, Dangote is Hausa, not Fulani.

I don't have a problem with the Fulani's but after reading tons of articles about them, I'm yet to be impressed. I just think they're grossly overrated.

1 Like

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 12:07am On May 27, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

dont worry ooo....they are almost there. cool

Are Fulani's influential, Mr. Hausa?
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:14am On May 27, 2013
shymexx:

Are Fulani's influential, Mr. Hausa?

yes. not sure if the most but they definitely have an influence , especially in pockets where they dominate, like Guinea (Futa Djlonn esp.) , former SeneGambia, Adamawa (Nigeria, etc.). However in Nigeria today there influence is not so much, except in Adamawa and Cameroon border and a lingering influence in Hausaland.

1 Like

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by isalegan2: 12:19am On May 27, 2013
Abiyamọ: Tuaregs, just a little over one million. And are limited to small portions in Libya, Tunisia and Algeria.
Maasai: Who knows them outside Kenya and some parts of Tanzania? Well-known and good for tourist heritage but influential? I doubt that very much.
Nubians: Yes, quite prominent but restricted to Sudan and Egypt. I am not doubting their contributions but impact surely not as widespread as the Fulanis.
Binis: Yeah, very influential in Edo State.
Oromos: Another great ethnic group but limited to Ethiopia, Sudan and Kenya mainly.
Amharas: Still restricted to Ethiopia.
Shona: Apart from Zimbabwe and parts of Mozambique, Shonas are not that prominent.
Zulu: We all know that this great people are restricted mainly to ONE province in South Africa, KwaZulu Natal. Wonderful people but you will still not compare their influence with the political and economic authority wielded by the Fulanis.
Mande: A good rival.
Ethnic Somalis: The name says it all.
Mandinka: Still part of Mande. You've mentioned that before.
Akan: Ghana and Ivory Coast, that's all.
Hausa: Yes, the closest rival but were they not defeated by the Fulanis?
Kanuri: Mba. Just compare the status today in Nigeria between the Sultan of Sokoto and the Shehu of Borno. The difference is clear.
Dahomey: Stop joor...lol!
Bakongo: Hmmm, yeah but still not very much known outside DRC and some parts of Angola.
Igbos: Yes, wonderful people but still restricted to a part of Nigeria.
Bandundu: That's a tiny tribe in one province of the DRC.

No doubt, you have listed out great tribes and ethnic groups but my basis for classifying Fulanis as the most influential is not hinged upon the fact that I want to get married to one of them...lol! It is strictly based on the degree and level of political, religious, social and economic influence that they wield. (How they got that influence is another topic entirely.) That necessitated listing out some of the most prominent Fulanis. Of all the tribes you have listed out, very few, if any, have risen to become the leaders of their nations, not to talk of other countries in the surrounding regions. Another factor that is considered is the sheer distribution (geographical spread) in about 22 countries out of about 57 or so nations in Africa. That is close to half of the continent. I rest my case.

OP, you are right about the Fula people.

Though, in terms of cultural influence of a Black African tribe, the Yorubas come to mind, as one African group whose language, traditions and religion span several continents.

But politically, the Fulanis are the only group that have translated their influence into real political power over SEVERAL (African) countries. Doing this, often despite their minority population and contrary to their origin as nomadic people.

3 Likes

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 12:30am On May 27, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

yes. not sure if the most but they definitely have an influence , especially in pockets where they dominate, like Guinea (Futa Djlonn esp.) , former SeneGambia, Adamawa (Nigeria, etc.). However in Nigeria today there influence is not so much, except in Adamawa and Cameroon border and a lingering influence in Hausaland.

Thanks, bro.

This argument is redundant now.

I already proved that the Mandika are politically, economically, and culturally superior to the Fulani's. And that's just one tribe in West Africa.

Most of these people are just myopic lackeys who think Africa starts and ends in Nigeria. SMFDH. You can throw in the Tauregs(The Kings/Lions of the Sahara) in there and their influence from Chad, to Niger, to Mali, to Algeria, to Libya in the mix.
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:33am On May 27, 2013
shymexx:

Thanks, bro.

I already proved that the Mandika are politically, economically, and culturally superior to the Fulani's. And that's just one tribe in West Africa.

Most of these people are just myopic lackeys who think Africa starts and ends in Nigeria. SMFDH. You can throw in the Tauregs(The Kings/Lions of the Sahara) in there and their influence from Chad, to Niger, to Mali, to Algeria, to Libya in the mix.

you are welcome my guy. The Mande are definitely dominant, but they have so many sub-groups (Bambara, Bozo, Mandingo, Dyulla, etc. etc.), that they have never been a United Ethnic Force as such.
HOwever that said, there is not much inter-tribal reivalry among them.

Mandé peoples can be thought of as a Greater Ethnic group, just like Nilotes or Bantus.
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 1:07am On May 27, 2013
shymexx: You have no argument. Wait till I post the Akan's, Fon, and Mende.

You are soo silly...mande are an Ethno-Linguistic group, Just like Bantu, Dravadian, Germanics and celts....But you probably dont realize that.... they are npt a monolithic group like Yoruba or Fulani or Kikuyu...do you get it??

Fulanis are more Influential, Numerous and well known than Mandenka, or Bambara, etc.

from Issa Hayatou, to Ahijo to Yar'Adua to Macky Sall to Dan Fodio to Modibbo Adama, to Umar Tall.... even here within Nigeria i can count 4 governors off my fingers who are fulano, from Murtala Nyako to Isa Yuguda.
Fulanis make good Music, are good statesmen and Politicians, are good nomads, are great at Business {Fulanis dominate the business sphere in Guinea and Sierra Leone}, are good farmers, Are Kings and Emperors, ........

2 Likes

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Abiyamo: 1:09am On May 27, 2013
Yeah, you proved it -to yourself grin
shymexx:

Thanks, bro.

1 Like

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Abiyamo: 1:11am On May 27, 2013
People like Shymexx will prefer to ignore prominent Fulanis but take great delight in listing the various tribes and ethnicities in Africa, From Luos to Angas to show us they know African tribes, I guess that's why he is calling others myopic lackeys, funny dude....lol!
Bororojo:

You are soo silly...mande are an Ethno-Linguistic group, Just like Bantu, Dravadian, Germanics and celts....But you probably dont realize that.

Fulanis are more Influential, Numerous and well known than Mandenka, or Bambara, etc.

from Issa Hayatou, to Ahijo to Yar'Adua to Macky Sall to Dan Fodio to Modibbo Adama, to Umar Tall.... even here within Nigeria i can count 4 governors off my fingers who are fulano, from Murtala Nyako to Isa Yuguda.
Fulanis make good Music, are good statesmen and Politicians, are good nomads, are great at Business {Fulanis dominate the business sphere in Guinea and Sierra Leone}, are good farmers, Are Kings and Emperors, ........

2 Likes

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Abiyamo: 1:13am On May 27, 2013
Yes, I agree with you on the Yorubas especially when we also consider their input in places like the Caribbean and Latin America. That's very true.
isale_gan2:

OP, you are right about the Fula people.

Though, in terms of cultural influence of a Black African tribe, the Yorubas come to mind, as one African group whose language, traditions and religion span several continents.

But politically, the Fulanis are the only group that have translated their influence into real political power over SEVERAL (African) countries. Doing this, often despite their minority population and contrary to their origin as nomadic people.
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 1:21am On May 27, 2013
Bororojo:
You are soo silly...mande are an Ethno-Linguistic group, Just like Bantu, Dravadian, Germanics and celts....But you probably dont realize that.... they are npt a monolithic group like Yoruba or Fulani or Kikuyu...do you get it??

Who are you calling a fool, fvcking cow-jocking smelly Fulani duffer? How about go stick ya Fulani dyck in ya cow and stop quoting me if you've got nothing intelligent to say?

I reiterate: what did your non-achieving tribe of jihadists contribute to African history? If you can't provide answers - fvck off, git!!

1 Like

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 1:23am On May 27, 2013
You lot are myopic lackeys. Stop disrespecting the damn continent with your stupidity.

Mandinka is a tribe/ethnic group!

I'm out!
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Abiyamo: 1:25am On May 27, 2013
And Fulanis did not exist before the coming of Islam? My question is simple and straight: was your legendary Mansa Musa a Muslim king or not? Did he promote Islam or not? Did he and other Mansas turn Mali Empire into a bastion of Islam or not? Even if their father and founder of the empire, Sundiata Keita was not really a Muslim? And do I need to remind you that Timbuktu is known more as a center of Islamic heritage than a remnant of an African empire? All you see in Timbuktu are madrasas and mosques and no tangible African empire edifice (point out one if any). Therefore, your saying Mali was mainly an African empire holds no water after the death of Sundiata Keita. All his children reverted to Islam, and the influence remains till today. So, keep your black consciousness in your pocket. As for Sekou Toure, I should ask you when a Mandinka will head CAF, which a Fulani has been controlling for decades.
shymexx:

Mali empire was quintessentially an African empire. Islam came later on. So you can't allude its greatness to Islam. However, Jihad is the Fulani's claim to fame. Peep the difference.

Mansa Musa is definitely on the top-200 list of the most influential people in history. Anyway, where's the Fulani's version of Sekou Toure? grin

Btw, Dangote is Hausa, not Fulani.

I don't have a problem with the Fulani's but after reading tons of articles about them, I'm yet to be impressed. I just think they're grossly overrated.
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Abiyamo: 1:27am On May 27, 2013
Okay, using the final instrument in your box ba: insults. You need to dam your mouth for calling my dear Afrika damn. Enjoy the fresh air outside. grin
shymexx: You lot are myopic lackeys. Stop disrespecting the damn continent with your stupidity.

Mandinka is a tribe/ethnic group!

I'm out!
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Abiyamo: 1:28am On May 27, 2013
Eeyah. Sorry. All this Latin?
shymexx:

Who are you calling a fool, fvcking cow-jocking smelly Fulani duffer? How about go stick ya Fulani dyck in ya cow and stop quoting me if you've got nothing intelligent to say?

I reiterate: what did your non-achieving tribe of jihadists contribute to African history? If you can't provide answers - fvck off, git!!
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 1:32am On May 27, 2013
Abiyamọ: Yes, I agree with you on the Yorubas especially when we also consider their input in places like the Caribbean and Latin America. That's very true.
You probably do not know that there are some Fulani among the slaves transported to the Americas.....from Senegambia and Guinea.

Check the following.

AyuBa suleiman DIALLO

Abdulrahman Ibrahim Ibn Sori

[IMG]http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0001/2488/products/1326_Abdulrahman_Ibrahim_ibn_Sori_1_large.jpg[/img]

Yarrow Mamout

[img]http://static.republika.co.id/uploads/images/detailnews/lukisan-yarrow-mamout-_121121201412-843.jpg[/img]

among others.....

3 Likes

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Abiyamo: 1:34am On May 27, 2013
Do you know that I actually left out those ones, I came across them but because I wanted to emphasize on much more recent events, I left them out. Thank you for bringing it up. smiley
Bororojo: You probably do not know that there are some Fulani among the slaves transported to the Americas.....from Senegambia and Guinea.

Check the following.

AyuBa suleiman DIALLO

Abdulrahman Ibrahim Ibn Sori

[IMG]http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0001/2488/products/1326_Abdulrahman_Ibrahim_ibn_Sori_1_large.jpg?620[/img]

Yarrow Mamout

[img]http://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=IBRAHIM+IBN+SORI&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=9TgwBeUcxQnkKM&tbnid=iz_x6qDCMIfrkM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.shawuniversitymosque.org%2FJTaqwa%2Fmodules.php%3Fname%3DNews%26file%3Darticlebox%26sid%3D24&ei=g6miUZ_OKcKA0AGvx4GYAw&psig=AFQjCNFecbL1I9JrArHDQGwdqiPGUd15gQ&ust=1369701080104426[/img]

among others.....

2 Likes

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 1:36am On May 27, 2013
Abiyamọ: Okay, using the final instrument in your box ba: insults. You need to dam your mouth for calling my dear Afrika damn. Enjoy the fresh air outside. grin

No, the guy pissed me off with the name calling.

Anyway, I'm speaking for African historians and proud Africans in the world. I'm sure most people would frown at your title. Fulani's never contributed anything of note to African history but you lot always make them feel more important than they actually are - hence why the endless cycle of violence and air-of-superiority associated with them in Nigeria. No one rates them outside Nigeria - and that's a fact!!

Just stop this madness.

1 Like

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Abiyamo: 1:38am On May 27, 2013
When (if) you are done insulting, we continue as before. Takia.
shymexx:

Anyway, I'm speaking for African historians and proud Africans in the world. I'm sure most people would frown at your title. Fulani's never contributed anything of note to African history but you lot always make them feel more important than they actually are - hence why the endless cycle of violence and air-of-superiority associated with them in Nigeria. No one rates them outside Nigeria - and that's a fact!!

Just stop this madness.
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 1:44am On May 27, 2013
Abiyamọ: And Fulanis did not exist before the coming of Islam? My question is simple and straight: was your legendary Mansa Musa a Muslim king or not? Did he promote Islam or not? Did he and other Mansas turn Mali Empire into a bastion of Islam or not? Even if their father and founder of the empire, Sundiata Keita was not really a Muslim? And do I need to remind you that Timbuktu is known more as a center of Islamic heritage than a remnant of an African empire? All you see in Timbuktu are madrasas and mosques and no tangible African empire edifice (point out one if any). Therefore, your saying Mali was mainly an African empire holds no water after the death of Sundiata Keita. All his children reverted to Islam, and the influence remains till today. So, keep your black consciousness in your pocket. As for Sekou Toure, I should ask you when a Mandinka will head CAF, which a Fulani has been controlling for decades.

The question is: was that empire built on the back on Jihad - Yes, or no? And no, Timbuktu isn't a center of Islamic heritage - it's a scholastic centre for higher learning. Also, the architectures in Timbuktu are quintessentially African architectures. Can you show me anywhere else in Africa that looks like that? The only place with similar architectures is Nubia.

What's special about CAF? Comparing an influential man(Sekou Toure) who's among the top-20 greatest African people to walk this planet - to a CAF that's inconsequential is not just it. Do African even play professional football? Remind me when an African country gets to semi-finals or finals of the world cup. CAF is irrelevant!
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 1:45am On May 27, 2013
shymexx:

Just stop this madness.

The fact that you have your own personal problems with the Fulbe doesn't make us any less important....

See How European Explorers into Africa described the Fulani:

Barth, who was probably the most intelligent of all the African explorers, described the Fulani as the most intelligent and influential of all the African tribes. They are certainly one of Africa's great enigmas. They have been living in the Sudan for well over a thousand years, but their physical characteristics are so different from those of other Sudanic peoples that there can be little doubt that they originated elsewhere.
Physically, except where miscegenation over several generations has blurred the image, they run remarkably true to type. It is possible, for example, to pick Fulani out of a group of other Africans with much greater certainty than, say, Scandinavians out of a group of Europeans. Typical Fulani approximate closely to their own physical ideals of light copper-coloured skin, straight hair, narrow nose, thin lips, and a slight but wiry frame.

........ the Yoruba, Edo, Mande et all, were all there as at the time that statement was made.

2 Likes

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 1:46am On May 27, 2013
Still posting images of inconsequential Fulani slaves in the world.

Also, what did the Fulani slaves contribute to the new world?

They don't even speak their own gaddamn language! grin

1 Like

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 1:49am On May 27, 2013
Bororojo:
The fact that you have your own personal problems with the Fulbe doesn't make us any less important....

See How European Explorers into Africa described the Fulani:

........ the Yoruba, Edo, Mande et all, were all there as at the time that statement was made.

So because a white man labelled your people the most intelligent, I should also accept that, no?

If your people are so intelligent, how come you lot never built any civilisation nor contribute anything to African history? I bet the intelligence he was alluding to has to do with jocking cows and wandering everywhere like charvas, no? Get a life, son!

So intelligent, yet don't speak your gaddamn language. You lot don't even have a culture - you've been Islamised beyond redemption.

1 Like

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 1:52am On May 27, 2013
shymexx: Still posting images of inconsequential Fulani slaves in the world.

Also, what did the Fulani slaves contribute to the new world?

They don't even speak their own gaddamn language! grin

IGNORANCE IS BLISS, READ UP!!!

AFRICAN CONTRIBUTIONS TO AMERICAN CULTURE

[b]The first major contribution by Africans to North American society was in the arena of cattle raising. When the Fulani (or Fula) people from Senegambia, along with longhorn cattle, were imported to South Carolina in 1731, colonial herds increased from 500 to 6,784 some 30 years later. These Fulas were expert cattlemen and were responsible for introducing African husbandry patterns of open grazing now practiced throughout the American cattle industry. Cattle drives to the centers of distribution were innovations Africans brought with them as contributions to a developing industry. Originally a cowboy was an African who worked with cattle, just as a houseboy worked in “de big House.” Open grazing made practical use of an abundance of land and a limited labor force./b]

Africans and their descendants were America’s first cowboys. Most people are not aware that many cowboys of the American West were Black, contrary to how the film industry and the media have portrayed them. Only recently have we begun to recognize the extent to which cowboy culture has African roots. Many details of cowboy life, work, and even material culture can be traced to the Fulani, America’s first cowboys[/b]

http://slaverebellion.org/index.php?page=african-contribution-to-american-culture

1 Like

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Abiyamo: 1:53am On May 27, 2013
I still don't know where you got the strange idea of Fulanis not speaking Fulfulde from...lol! Each time you say that, I can't stop laughing. Do I have to count the number of states where Fulfulde is spoken to you ni?
shymexx:

So because a white man labelled your people the most intelligent, I should also accept that, no?

If your people are so intelligent, how come you lot never built any civilisation nor contribute anything to African history? I bet the intelligence he was alluding to has to do with jocking cows and wandering everywhere like charvas, no? Get a life, son!

So intelligent, yet don't speak your gaddamn language. You lot don't even have a culture - you've been Islamised beyond redemption.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Myth About Wall Geckos / Ooni Of Ife, Ogundamisi, Participating In The Oshoosi Festival (photos) / Yoruba The Canaanite - As Narrated By Muhammad Bello, Ruler Of Sokoto Caliphate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.